Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Revaleskin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone is using either of the Revaleskin creams with the much touted coffeeberry? For a pricey but "clinically proven" product, seems people either love them and find them effective or are disappointed and think there are better alternatives. Any feedback is appreciated. TIA!

CoffeeBerry Day Cream
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Oxybenzone 4.0%
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerine, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Oxido Reductases, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Urea, Treahalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycosphingolipids, Phospholipids, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Steareth-2, Oleth-20, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30, Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, Polyquaternium-51, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerine, Green 3(CI 42053), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

CoffeeBerry Night Cream
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerine, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetearyl Alcohol and Cetearyl Glucoside, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Dimethicone, Ceresin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium PCA, Urea, Treahalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycosphingolipids, Phospholipids, Cholesterol, Panthenol, Polyisobutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Silica, Alumina, Steareth-10, Steareth-2, Triethanolamine, Polyacrylate-13, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Polyquaternium-51, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Green 3 (CI 42053), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't tried, but wanted to add that I've been curious about this, too.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
sounds interesting and they claim the coffebean the be the most potent antioxidant. but what are these? -

and what are they supposed to do?
and why are they here as "active ingredients" while the coffee berry extract is supposed to be the "active" here?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Just popping in to mention that I have seen a ton of this on ebay, if anyone is looking to try it at a discount.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
sounds interesting and they claim the coffebean the be the most potent antioxidant. but what are these? -

and what are they supposed to do?
and why are they here as "active ingredients" while the coffee berry extract is supposed to be the "active" here?

those are suncreens
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Revaleskin Day Cream containing 1 % coffee berry extract for about six weeks now and would like to give a mini-review.

Firstly, there is some research backing up the efficiency of this cream. A clinical trial has demonstrated an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, skin tone, pigmentation and inflammation. The study was carried out by the manufacturer, Stiefel Laboratories, but as far as I remember, it was published in a dermatological journal. Also, Revaleskin night cream with 1 % coffee berry was awarded best anti-aging night cream 2008 by the magazine Allure.

Coffee berry is a potent antioxidant which contains four polyphenols - chlorogenic acid, condensed proanthocyanidins (whatever that is), quinic acid and ferulic acid (as found in SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic).

Here is some information about Revaleskin creams:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/75324.php

Revaleskin Day Cream has a pretty thick consistency. It's light brown colored and smells like a combination of coffee, cream and probably some chemicals. The smell actually reminds me of Irish Coffee (coffee, brandy and sugar with cream on top, a favorite of mine during the 90s).

Revaleskin Day Cream is quite rich and very moisturizing. It's typically suitable for dry skin types, in my opinion. I have mainly been using it on top of my vitamin C serum in the morning, but also on its own for 2-3 weeks. I was happy to see that this antioxidant-rich cream gave my face a nice glow even when used on its own. It did not clog my pores or cause irritation or other problems. Revaleskin might be an alternative for people who are on the lookout for a good antioxidant skin care product, but don't tolerate vitamin C serum.

So far, I am very happy with Revaleskin. This is one of the best moisturizers I have been using. That said, my skin was in good condition when I started using it so I cannot really vote for its effectiveness on problem skin. It might be too rich for oily skin types.

I reckon that my current bottle will last me a few more weeks. A little goes a long way. After that, I am going to try the Priori coffee berry cream (0.5 % coffee berry extract), which has been patiently waiting in my fridge for many months now. This spring is obviously dedicated to coffee berries.

Smile

5% products discount

Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Revale Night Cream and have been using it on the nights I don't use Retin A. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with it. I won't buy it again and I cannot recommend it.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
belinda wrote:
I purchased the Revale Night Cream and have been using it on the nights I don't use Retin A. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with it. I won't buy it again and I cannot recommend it.

Can I ask why? I had a small sample of the Priori tightening serum and liked it very much....it was a ver small sachet sample though. I have oily skin and it didn't interfere with anything I put on top
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
My derm is a distributor for RevaleSkin, and he says coffeeberry's antioxidant power is 10X stronger than green tea, and 14x stronger than pomegranate.

I'll eventually try it, but don't want to spend the $$ right now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I also used revaleskin's night cream , but as a day cream under my sunblock and it gave me glow and great hydration, it was really light from what I remember , its color was light brown , I really enjoyed using it , but my skin type is rather dry so so although it's light oilier skin types might want to use it at night
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I tried the revaleskin daily moisturizer with spf 15. It was quite pricy (£60 from ebay) and Im not sure it was really worth what I paid for it. The results were good, but I think that I might have had the same results from a less pricier day cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Revaleskin with SPF 15 for about 3 weeks now and it's a nice cream but I don't see any differences in my skin. I don't think it would be for anyone with dry skin unless your using a serum underneath that has good moisturizing properties - I use vitamin c. It doesn't have strong scent and a nice light texture.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |