Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lip care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi, please can you advice on lip care?
i dont particularly do anything for my lips but now they are a major problem.... forever 'parched' and then i'm constantly trying to peel them. Its become a disgusting habit.
Initially i thought it was a winter thing but now its still there at peak summer .....
I use chapstick by ROC now and then as chapstick gives instant results ..but does not last:(
Otherwise, i use lipstick from Estee lauder and Clinique and that does not help at all as i would think that good lipsticks provide moisture as well.
Pl. advice ....Thank you .
Caspers Mum

Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Try the Valmont's Lip Repair, Jan Marini's C-Esta Lips, and Murad's Skin Smoothing Lip Repair Therapy. I think that the last product would probably meet your needs, because it comes in a soothing, salve-type base.
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the suggestion but i was wondering if its suitable to wear under lipstick ?
Caspers Mum

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
What I reconmmend doing is applying the repair/treatment product about 5-10 minutes prior to lipstick application. Let it absorb & do it's job, blot, and apply lipstick. You said that you are using Estee Lauder and Clinique lipsticks. Their most moisturizing lipstick types are Pure Color and Moisture Surge. I've tried the Pure Color lipsticks from Lauder, and they are very nice! Their Sumptuous lipsticks are nice too, with their gel-base, though not as moisturizing. Almay makes a lipstick line called Lip Vitality, which uses exfoliating & moisturizing ingredients. I've heard they're nice. Stay away from matte lipsticks.
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:50 am      Reply with quote
there are simple tips to a good lip

1. always put a lip balm before a lip stick.
2. find a lip balm that has SPF 15 for sun protection.
3. before you go to bed, brush your teeth to remove dead skin cells and put vaseline.
4. drink water will increase moisture levels.

I used H2o lip mender. It works really well and gives me dramatic results. ;)
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:53 am      Reply with quote
i would suggest trying dr hauschka's lip balm. i've found that the texture is waxy and has great staying power, and it doesn't encourage dependency, so over time you'll be able to apply it less and less frequently.

definitly exfoliate...toothbrush works wonders (especially if you have an electric!)
and try not to lick your lips if they feel dry, because that'll only make them drier.

hth
lamicuz.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:54 am      Reply with quote
i would suggest trying dr hauschka's lip balm. i've found that the texture is waxy and has great staying power, and it doesn't encourage dependency, so over time you'll be able to apply it less and less frequently.

definitly exfoliate...toothbrush works wonders (especially if you have an electric!)
and try not to lick your lips if they feel dry, because that'll only make them drier.

hth
lamicuz.
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
u should use the carmex lip balm, and at night use vaseline on ur lips
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I always carry lip balms, I can't go out without one and I've tried all sorts.
Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream is a good lip salve.
Nuxe is nice.
Mama Coco's are nice, http://www.mamacocos.com/
Molton Brown Lip rescue/ Plumper
Shea Butter

Sorry I can't recommend anything from this site - I haven't tried the brands but I'm sure I will Laughing
morningdaisy

Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I'd recommend you trying out Kiehl's lip balm #1.

I used to have very dry skins on my lip, but ever since I used Kiehl's, all problems solved! Smile
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi I use L'Occitane shea butter on my lips and cuticals...my lips are always very very smooth..

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:39 am      Reply with quote
vaseline is something really good. Smile
Mabsy

Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka lip balm but Decleor Lip Balm if they're REALLY dry. Plus, the Decleor has a very faint vanilla-cinnamon scent
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
cbeb wrote:
u should use the carmex lip balm, and at night use vaseline on ur lips

...or just use carmex all the time your lips are bare...this stuff is indespensible!

Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Love carmex too, especially the Mint Stick one! Of course, I have to import it in from the US coz they only sell the pot in Australia Confused Embarassed
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Well ladies - believe it or not i have tried
vaseline
vicks
chapsticks - tons of them
decleor's lip balm
Dr. Haushka's chap stick
and now i am currently using dr. haushkas lip balm.
I'm running out of ideas Sad
So far from all that i have tried, i like the dr. H's lip balm best. But its still not good enough.
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Well ladies - believe it or not i have tried
vaseline
vicks
chapsticks - tons of them
decleor's lip balm
Dr. Haushka's chap stick
and now i am currently using dr. haushkas lip balm.
I'm running out of ideas Sad
So far from all that i have tried, i like the dr. H's lip balm best. But its still not good enough.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
My lips used to be in the same shape. Nothing worked until I started using Aquaphor healing ointment (available at drugstores). Mostly you can find it in a hand cream size tube or two sizes of tubs which are both quite large. If you get lucky, you can find it in the travel size .35 oz tubes for about $1.00. I only use it at night before bedtime.
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ! i'm in Denmark and i wonder if its available here.
But i went out this weekend and got myself Lancome's Nutrix Levres, and a Lancome cream lipstick. So fingers crossed. I'll make sure to review this when i have made up my mind.
Take care now Smile
simplicity

Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Highly Recommended Lipbalms & Reviews by Paula B:

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick
"An excellent emollient lip balm that contains mostly plant oils, emollients, vitamin E & anti-irritant" *My personal favorite & HG among all I've tried in the list here* Wink

Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm & Lip Care Stick
"A good, basic emollient balm for dry lips"

Prada Shielding Balm SPF 15
"A good, in-part of avobenzone-based sunscreen in an emollient balm that contains mostly lanolin oil, emollients, plant oils & a teeny amount of vitamin E. It is incredibly easy to replace this with far less expensive versions, which are probably safer for skin in the long run. Because sunscreen must be applied liberally to obtain the benefit of the SPF specified on the label, you have to ask yourself how liberally you are going to apply this overly expensive sunscreen. Anything less than liberal application puts skin at risk for sun damage, no matter how good the formulation"

The Body Shop Hemp Lip Protector
"A good, but basic, lip balm of plant oils, thickeners, lanolin, plant oil, silicones, fragrance & a teeny amount of antioxidants"

Caudalie Grape Seed Lip Conditioner
"A standard, mineral oil & wax-based lip balm that contains a nice array of emollients that can help lips feel smooth, soft & comfortable. The price is steep for what you get, but this will take good care of dry, chapped lips"

MAC Lip Conditioner
"A very good, emollient, Vaseline-based balm that even has a small amount of antioxidant and vanilla favoring. Not bad, and a great price!"

Kiehl's #1
"A very emollient lip gloss that contains mostly Vaseline, plant oils, lanolin & preservatives"

Kiehl's Baby Lip Balm
"Although this has no benefit over other emollient lip balms, this one does lack fragrance and that is helpful for a baby!"

Please share your thoughts!
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
MAC Lip Conditioner with SPF 15 - makes my lips very soft and smooth and protects them from the sun (I get cold sores when I'm in the sun without it)
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I live in a hot, dry place & need moisturizer & SPF for my lips. For me the products that have worked best for my extra dry lips are:

Blistex Lip balm (see in Walmart, etc), with SPF 30.
Body Shop's Hemp & other lip balms.
The Body Shop's moisturizer-based lipstikcs.

I really recommend the body shop's lip balms & make up too (great stuff).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Simplicity,

Kiehls #1 is my fave... I cannot stop raving about it. I always had the problems of dry parched lips and was always peeling the skin off of them but when I found this product, it worked miracles. I put it on at night and in the morning, smooth. It also comes with color tint and SPF 15.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that using vaseline or other petroleum products make your lips addicted to it. Has anyone else heard that? I like Azida's strawberry flavored vegan hemp lip balm w/ spf 15.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |