Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

tooth whiting
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
happyinlandofoz
5% products discount

Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Colgate Platinum Bleaching Cream in a tooth tray at night to whiting my teeth. Are there any other products out there to use that works better? thanks , happy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Good morning Happy:

You know I tried that and after awhile, I was starting to get real bad breath with constant disgusting taste in my mouth. When I went and had my teeth cleaned, the Dentist said it was b/c of the bleaching agent changed the ph factor in my mouth. It was more alkaline then acidic. So I too, am looking for another product to work. Sad
DebbieN.
5% products discount

Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think one would have to be careful using those whitening products if you have porcelin fillings on your front teeth. The two different color tones could be alittle disheartenig. Smile
Mabsy

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey Happy!

I had my teeth professionally whitened before (with a gel-in-tray type system - Colgate Nite White I think). It worked pretty well, but as Debbie pointed out, your fillings will not change colour and these may have been matched to your previous tooth colour.

I've tried some OTC or supermarket whitening systems as well but I found that they were not very effective plus they made my teeth VERY sensitive. At the moment I just settle for using Rembrandt Whitening Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth and I'm happy with it (not the same as getting teeth professionally whitened but it's good enough for me!).

If you are seriously thinking about tooth whitening and you don't have any visible fillings then you might want to investigate laser teeth whitening. This is done at the dentist's office and from what people say it gives very good results.

Mabsy
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi happy,

I have used Crest whitening strips before and was pleased with the results. You have to wear them for 2 weeks straight, a few hours a day, but if you have patience for it, you may want to give it a try. I have also read that the service, Brite Smile is very good. There are 2 locations in the NYC area if you are close by.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

If you go into this website:www.drweil.com you will get some very good and interesting information on tooth whitening.

Dr. Weil practices integrative medicine. He is a medical doctor who uses both allopathic and natural treatments in his practice. His website offers a wealth of information on all topics. Extremely informative.
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using dentist system of tooth whitening and the results are great. I am in Uk and its the at home tray procedure, I used the toothpastes etc from the chemists but saw no improvement. I do suffer with sensitivity, but dentist suggest when I remove tray in the mornings, put a little sensodyne toothpaste in the tray and wear it for about 15 minutes, and it really works.
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try those teetch whitening stuff. But I am afraid that they can damage my teeth. Anybody has some good advice as long as not to the dentist?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Crest whitening strips and was quite happy with that until I read Carekate's DIY.

Honestly - this stuff works and it's more convenient AND less expensive.

She has 2 options - I use the oral cleanser (can't remember the name).

My teeth are just as white as using the strips AND it's so much more convenient.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I've used the Crest whitening strips and was quite happy with that until I read Carekate's DIY.

Honestly - this stuff works and it's more convenient AND less expensive.

She has 2 options - I use the oral cleanser (can't remember the name).

My teeth are just as white as using the strips AND it's so much more convenient.

Yeah, Gly-Oxide and earwax remover, wasn't it? Anyway, I opted for the Gly-Oxide, too. Happy with it so far.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
[
Yeah, Gly-Oxide and earwax remover, wasn't it? Anyway, I opted for the Gly-Oxide, too. Happy with it so far.

Ari

Yeah ... I use the Gly-Oxide.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Rembrant kits. The first one was with the toothpastes...via 1997. There were 4 little tubes of tooth paste that were used. Then they went with the gel syringes which worked better in my opinion, but if you use too much gel it causes bad sensitivity.

I tried the crest strips, but I think the rembrant worked better and faster. The only draw back is I tend to loss interest after about a week. I still see improvement, but I have never gone the full 14 days. I thought about the gosmile, but it looks like Carekate's version is cheaper and just as good. I think I'll look into the ear wax thing....it just sounds gross. hehe But if I can believe in cleaning my face with castor and olive oil, I think I can try ear wax in my mouth. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've used a few of the whitening systems.. Most recent have been Rembrant {didn't like it, made my gums sensitive} and the one with the light you hold in your mouth.. A PITA and the sensitivity thing again.. In fact all I've used had that effect on me.. Plus the time thing is a big factor for me..

I have been using the Gly-Oxide as well, and I'm very happy with it.. No problems what so ever.. Thanks Carrie!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have trays from the dentist too [the exact same thing as ZOOM whitening but just in tray form without paying the extra money to get it done in the office]

You can either wear them in the day time or at night.

When you take them off, your teeth are REALLY bright! especially if you have any of those little white decalcification spots - they'll be brighter than the rest of your teach but will eventually tone down and start to blend.

I've had amazing results. Various dentists tell me my teeth are SO white - whiter than dentures! lol! and its all because of the trays.

I have extremely sensitive enamel so I have to be very careful with the cavity thing.. but i've seen no increase in problems with my teeth
Smile Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:
I have trays from the dentist too [the exact same thing as ZOOM whitening but just in tray form without paying the extra money to get it done in the office]
FYI - Darren used the tooth-whitening ear drops along with one of those "boil & bite" mouth trays you can buy at the drugstore for $20 bucks and he said his teeth looked like they'd been ZOOMed -- for less than $25!! Here's his "testimony:"

pbsadhaka wrote:
I have been using the Auro Eardrops for whitening my teeth, as carrie suggested. And I wanted to give you all an update. I went to Eckerd Drugs & bought one of those boil & bite customizable mouthguards & have been using the drops in the mouth piece for about 2 weeks (not every day - I'm bad at routines). But anyway, I started out at 30 minutes twice a day, but for the last week have been leaving it on for 60 minutes twice a day. That's what was suggested on some dental whitening websites I went to.
Anyway, it works wonders! My teeth look like I had them zoomed. And all it cost was around $20. My teeth were not sensitive or anything. I think that the mouthpiece really made a difference b/c it kept the gel in contact with my teeth the whole time, without being diluted by saliva or getting swallowed. Well, anyway, there's my little tip. Wink

Here’s the link to my tooth-whitening post in the DIY thread with more info about it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=193

Personally, I prefer the Gly Oxide oral cleanser over the ear drops and I use it just by adding a couple of drops of GlyOxide to my wet toothbrush then squeeze my toothpaste over it and brush my teeth as normal and – even though I am a smoker and certified a Dr. Pepper addict – my teeth haven’t been this white since before my teens! I even have a “tooth-colored” crown in my upper front row of teeth and the GlyOxide removed the years of from IT right along with the stains on my teeth! (Yes, your crowns can get dingy and yellow-stained too! Even though it is impossible to lighten a crown any further than the color it was when originally installed, these sort of tooth-whiteners will remove any stains that have accumulated on the crowns SINCE that time.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
you can BLAST them with whitening with DAYWHITE gel. Get it one Ebay for $16.99 all the time. ($30 for the SAME exact brand at the dentists office-you just pay $300 for those dumb trays-that is why it is so expensive)

Use the boil n bite and viola! I'm always asked if I do it professionally. I don't have patience for the stuff from the drug store. DAYWHITE is 9.5% Hydrogen Peroxide which is WAY stronger than the store bought Carbon peroxide.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
you can BLAST them with whitening with DAYWHITE gel. Get it one Ebay for $16.99 all the time. ($30 for the SAME exact brand at the dentists office-you just pay $300 for those dumb trays-that is why it is so expensive)

Use the boil n bite and viola! I'm always asked if I do it professionally. I don't have patience for the stuff from the drug store. DAYWHITE is 9.5% Hydrogen Peroxide which is WAY stronger than the store bought Carbon peroxide.
How often do you have to repeat the application? And how long must you leave it in contact with your teeth per application? The problem with HP is that most people with sensitivities react more strongly to it than CP....

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if those "boil and bite mouth trays" are sold in Canada? I've been calling around and can't find any. Where do you buy them in the US?

If they aren't sold in Canada, Could someone please send me some? TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I found a store that has sports mouthguards,
Do you guys think that they would work???

PLease where is Carekates recipe for the tooth whitening? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Andrea38 wrote:
I posted the link in my initial reply above.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Andrea38 wrote:

It's in the DIY Recipe thread. I usually brush, then brush again with GlyOxide but leave on for a minute or two. I'm going to try the mouthguard method.
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
THanks! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the glyOxide product will make my teeth sensitive? I use the crest white strips currently which work great but after 20 min they make my teeth so sensitive I can't bear it for 2 days! eeekkk

Also anyone know where i can buy GlyOxide in Canada? Thx
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kimberleylee wrote:
Does anyone know if the glyOxide product will make my teeth sensitive? I use the crest white strips currently which work great but after 20 min they make my teeth so sensitive I can't bear it for 2 days! eeekkk

It probably will make your teeth sensitive. It works because it has the same (I think) amount of active ingredient as the Crest Strips ... I think 10% carbamide peroxide.

My teeth get sensitive if I use Crest toothpaste for a long time.

The GlyOxide is an oral cleanser so it's designed for cleansing canker soars, minor wounds or dental procedures (my gums sting with each use but it's not unbearable).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Kimberleylee wrote:

It probably will make your teeth sensitive. It works because it has the same (I think) amount of active ingredient as the Crest Strips ... I think 10% carbamide peroxide.

My teeth get sensitive if I use Crest toothpaste for a long time.

The GlyOxide is an oral cleanser so it's designed for cleansing canker soars, minor wounds or dental procedures (my gums sting with each use but it's not unbearable).

Yeah, but the difference is that you don't keep the GlyOxide in contact with your teeth for 30 minutes at a time like you do with the WhiteStrips. Because of this, you're LESS likely to experience the same sensitivity issues w/ Gly Oxide....

Tue May 14, 2024 12:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |