Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Seriously delicious (and easy!) tofu recipe!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I found the most delicious tofu recipe recently, and I just had to share! Whether you are a vegetarian and a tofu fan like me, or you are a die-hard meat eater who's trying to have occasional meatless meals for health or environmental reasons, you're going to love this. (My carnivorous DH loves this recipe!) Here it is:

Tofu Cubes (From the book "Living Among Meat Eaters" by Carol J. Adams)

Ingredients:
1 block firm or extra firm tofu
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pinch black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon powdered vegetarian stock (any flavor is OK, I used mushroom seasoning which is a powdered mushroom stock from asian food stores)
1-2 tablespoons oil

1. Cut tofu into cubes about 1/4 inch. DO NOT pat them dry.
2. Combine all other ingredients except for into container with a lid. (This recipe is for a small block of tofu, like the ones that are vacuum packed and don't need refrigeration. If you get one of the larger, water-packed blocks from the refrigerated section of the grocery store, double the above recipe.) Add the tofu, put the lid on, and shake well to coat the tofu.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, and then dump the entire contents on the container (including any extra powder that didn't coat the tofu) into the pan. Turn the tofu every few minutes until it is golden brown and crispy.

A word about Nutritional Yeast flakes. If you have never used these before, they are totally different from baking yeast, brewer's yeast, etc, so don't get confused. Nutritional Yeast flakes are this really delicious superfood of sorts--- they are almost fat free, and contain a ton of protein, fiber, and B vitamins. (In other words, they are great for your skin.^-^) The brand I use is NOW and I had my grocery store order it for me. If your grocery store sells NOW brand vitamins they can probably do the same for you, otherwise you can find nutritional yeast flakes at health food stores, whole foods, vitamin stores, etc.

These tofu cubes are delicious just on their own, however, they also go great in salads, wraps, etc. Enjoy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this recipe liz. I'm going to copy and paste it to my daughter who is a major vegan and loves tofu.

Even though I am a carnivor of soughts, this recipe actually looks tasty to me..hmmm! I might just try it out.. Smile

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Thanks for this recipe liz. I'm going to copy and paste it to my daughter who is a major vegan and loves tofu.

Even though I am a carnivor of soughts, this recipe actually looks tasty to me..hmmm! I might just try it out.. Smile

You're most welcome Kassy--- please let me know if you try it!^-^

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting! I would love to be able to incorporate more meals like this into my diet.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds delicious! Thank you. Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried making this yet? What's the verdict?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love tofu, Thanks for the recipe
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Has anyone tried making this yet? What's the verdict?

Hi Liz

I made this last month and put it on caesar salad ... it was delicious! Smile

I wasn't able to find the powdered vegetable stock and I substituted something else that I thought was going to be dry and turned out to be moist, so the tofu was a little wetter than I think it was supposed to be before I cooked it, so I'm going to see if I can't find either the powdered mushroom or vegetable stock before I make it again.

Cathy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Nice recipe Very Happy
LJ604
5% products discount

Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds really yummy! I have been trying to cook tofu for years, and it always ends up tasting not so great.
I would love to try this recipe, but I have been told to eliminate gluten from my diet Sad
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really wish to try this recepie...got everything except nutritional flakes..check everywhere safeway,safewart..wallgreens chinese store,costco...hmm couldnt find it...dont want to order this online...can you pls tell me any famous store chain name that carries it....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
I really wish to try this recepie...got everything except nutritional flakes..check everywhere safeway,safewart..wallgreens chinese store,costco...hmm couldnt find it...dont want to order this online...can you pls tell me any famous store chain name that carries it....

I found it at Whole Foods in the bulk section

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |