Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)
Experience with Frownies?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking of getting these for my mom and for my brother, who has the faint beginnings of these II lines between the eyebrows. How are they? Effective? Complicated to use? Bro and mom won't do anything complicated or fussy. Are they pricey and where is the best place to purchase them? Thank you!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
They work. You wear them at night - lightly wet the back, press in place over your 11's with your face relaxed ....and then you sleep in them.
Forget where I got them - maybe Drugstore.com or Beauty.com. Research on internet for best price.
Good luck.
havana8

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
You can also get them from Frownies online...
http://www.frownies.com/
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:42 am      Reply with quote
since I am reluctant to get anymore botox after reading it can travel to the brain I was reconsidering frownies but I am wondering if the glue would be bad for my skin? I was thinking of using magic scotch tape instead since it doesnt seem to have so much glue and is easier to pull off.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oh great - botox in the brain. Now what do we do Laughing
Seriously - LucyLuc when did you last have botox? I did not read about this travelling to the brain stuff yet.
This is a real concern.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Frownies and I did not find the glue a problem. What I've done is put them on at night and then when I shower in the morning it loosens and the frownie slides right off. No issues at all - unless that went to my brain too. Yikes.
Anyway, They do work - keep you from frowing and moving your face around in your sleep - used them for a long while before finally succumbing to botox. Oh sugar - can't believe I might be back using the Frownies.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies!

What is the difference between Frownies and regular scotch tape? It sounds like it works in the same way. And for those of you who moved on to Botox, why did you if the Frownies were working well enough? TIA!
Sienna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I was very skeptical about Frownies and thought they were just another gimmick. However my botox is wearing off and I frown in my sleep so every morning I wake up with a nasty crease between my brows. I started using frownies and they do stop me frowning in my sleep. I don't have any irritation from them either. I am going to keep using them when I sleep as I don't frown when I'm awake.
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
At what age should I start using them?
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
pink_planet wrote:
At what age should I start using them?

pink_planet, I don't think you need to use them if you don't have the 11 lines. My mother has them and my brother is showing the beginning signs of them. I am going to get the Frownies for them because maybe it will work better than scotch tape.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
cristaline wrote:
Thanks, ladies!

What is the difference between Frownies and regular scotch tape? It sounds like it works in the same way. And for those of you who moved on to Botox, why did you if the Frownies were working well enough? TIA!

I would have to order Frownies online and with shipping one package would be almost $40.00 cdn.

It was mentioned on MUA about using first aid tape. I tried it and it works. You can't really frown when you have tape there on your forehead. It is a few dollars and I buy it from the drugstore in the bandaid isle.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm a recent Frownies convert. They've really made a difference on my (minor) nasolabial folds.

Has anyone used them on their chest? Even though I try to sleep on my back, I often migrate to my side when I'm asleep and wake up with some chest wrinkles. Frownies, in theory, should help - but I'm worried the decolletage area might be too delicate. Anyone tried this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
does it actually train your muscles so that you are smoother when you are not wearing them?
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE these. I will not get botox so these will have to do. I have been using them for a few years now and theY have definatly trained me not to frown.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
i am not really frowning much, but i feel somehow a permanant tension there...
so i find it very difficult to get that area relaxed to stick them on...
i mean - when i stick them on, it still feels the same, even over night...

maybe its simply not constructed for this kind of frowning..?

so im not happy with them, and am still thinking about botox...
but - of course dont want to have my tiny brain put to rest completely.. Very Happy
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I LOVE these. I will not get botox so these will have to do. I have been using them for a few years now and theY have definatly trained me not to frown.

I agree with you. I am afraid of injecting Botox.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
i want to add:
what gives me some ease is the PSF Browtox..

but i have to use it for at least 2 month to feel a strong effect...
but the bottle lasts even longer...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/search.php?withinresults=1&newsearch=1&q=browtox
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
racheli,
Please do a 'Search' on Browtox, where you will find one of our members, cloe, had a bad experience with it.
Better check that the PSF version doesn't contain Curare, an arrow poison.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, holmes, i did do so... Shock

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25656&highlight=browtox+cloe

i find it confusing, but will continue on the above thread, as this one is about the "frownie" stickers...
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I know Frownies work temporarily, but with continued use do they eradicate wrinkles? I'm good for a few days then stop.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:33 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I know Frownies work temporarily, but with continued use do they eradicate wrinkles? I'm good for a few days then stop.

I think you have to be pretty committed to using them for continued results, but the same can be said of Botox - you don't get it done once and then you're sorted forever.

Although I didn't get an answer to my question about using Frownies on my chest, I decided to go ahead in any case and it has worked for me. The lines are gone, and no longer reappear during the day. If I stopped using the Frownies (and continued the bad habit of sleeping on my side) I am sure the lines would come back. So the no-brainer is to carry on with the Frownies! I am next going to apply the same vigilant approach to the nasolabial area, which is just starting to concern me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been experimenting with surgical tape instead of Frownies. My verdict:

Less money
More comfortable
Same results

Sold!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I had some difficulty w/Frownies in that the edges would curl under and create creases in my skin. Rolling Eyes It seems a fairly benign and useful product if it agrees w/your skin.

Since I did like the concept of taping to immobilize the skin/muscle, decided to try using Scotch Magic tape for the 11's and beginnings of crow's feet. My skin is pretty sensitive and that adhesive is strong, so I make it less tacky by pulling it on and off my forearm a few times and then making sure that the area I'm applying it to is well oiled-jojoba, etc. I also apply the oil directly to the tape. It would seem that the tack would be completely obliterated but, believe me, it's still plenty sticky. I sleep in it and it's very easy to remove in the morning. Works like a charm.

Okay, here's the part where I may lose some of you, Laughing but I want to fully share what has worked with me as it may help another.

I have been getting the beginnings of vertical lines below my eyes. (I'm an inveterate side-sleeper, despite the consequences.) The Scotch tape was too strong no matter how much I dulled the adhesive. If only, I thought, there were a half-strength adhesive, as is found on Post-It notes.

Suddenly, my eyes fell upon a stack of Post-It page markers on my desk.
*Cue heavenly choir* They are THE perfect size and tackiness for that delicate under eye area. I still add oil to the plastic strip and my under eye and don't sleep in them because they won't stick as I use them. I just snip off the colored, non-sticky tab and apply to my under eyes after those nights that I've slept like the dead...on my side. It just sort of flattens those lines right out without tugging or pulling that delicate skin.

The tape is transparent, so it's much less obvious when I wear it to bed, although, my husband has started calling me "Tapehead." Rolling Eyes Laughing
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I used paper tape for awhile. I would put emu oil on first and wait about 5 min. them put on the tape. If I didn't, it was hard to get off. Sometime I'd forget the emu oil and have to get them off in the shower like sister sweets
says. Don't know why I quit? They did seem to help a little.

Does Botox travel to the brain every time or is it just when you use it over and over?
Sassenach
5% products discount

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I found them utterly useless. Worse than useless, since the glue irritated my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 06, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |