Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Smelly feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend is suffering with this right now...anyone have the same problem? How do you get rid of it? Just buy a new pair of shoes? lol, hope not because his shoes are worth 500 bucks! They sell creams on eds, do you think they would work?
havana8

Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
you could try spraying some Dr. Mist into his shoes to see if it will rid them of the existing odor as well as on his feet prior to him wearing shoes to prevent his feet from getting stinky...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25317&highlight=mist

BumbleB wrote:
I *did* use it on my son's wrestling shoes, and they don't stink anymore! Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Gehwol Foot Powder or cream is excellent for controlling foot odor. I have used several Gewol products and impressed. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies! He wanted me to purchase the Gehwol Foot Powder for him, but I think I should get both that and the dr mist haha!
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Nice, I just spoke with London drugs here and they said they have Dr mist. So i'm going to try that first. Hope it works!! Smile
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
They also have Gehwohl. I tried the Green one that is for sweaty feet and it really does work.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I vote for DrMist! It helped my DH stinky ones!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Oz was on Oprah and recommended soaking the feet in a strong tea foot bath. It's the tannins from the tea that do the job:

http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070426_350_110.jhtml

Quote:
Kelsey from California shared an embarrassing problem. "My feet are super stinky," she said. "I've tried wearing just open-toed shoes, and I wash my feet all the time in the shower. Nothing works."

Dr. Oz suggested a simple home remedy for Kelsey—soaking her feet in tepid iced tea. "The tannic acid in the tea will actually tan your foot a little bit, which will dry it out," he said. "That's helpful in reducing the amount of sweat, and the odor as well."

Did Dr. Oz's tea trick reduce the stinkiness?

In just a few weeks, Kelsey says her smelly feet have undergone a drastic change. "Since the show, my life has totally changed. Not only did I get a haircut, but my feet don't smell anymore," she says. "Thank you, Dr. Oz, from the bottom of my sole!"

Dr. Oz says the secret to Kelsey's success is the tannic acid—which dries out the skin—but a few other simple remedies can help, too. "An open-toed shoe, ideally. Wear socks that are absorbent," he says. "But for a lot of folks, the only way to do it is to really dry it out."

You could also try Dr. Mist. On his feet and spray inside the shoes as well!

Let the shoes air out when not in use or keep two pairs of shoes in rotation (don't know about that with $500 pair of shoes!)...

And possibly get a ionic shoe freshener device or Eva-Dry Foot Shoe Dryer and Stretcher (EDV-150S)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Box-Sharper-Image-Ionic-Shoe-Freshener-Hygiene-NR_W0QQitemZ270226179545QQihZ017QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ozone-Purifier-for-Shoes-Destroy-Odor-Ski-Boot-Dryer_W0QQitemZ370040560396QQihZ024QQcategoryZ14949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Eva-Dry Foot Shoe Dryer and Stretcher (EDV-150S)
http://www.air-n-water.com/product/EDV-150S.html

Or something with minerals and/or baking soda made to put in each shoe when not in use like Eco Fresh Shoe Freshener, Odor Eater Shoe Spheres, or Sneaker Balls: www.sneakerballs.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Dr. Oz was on Oprah and recommended soaking the feet in a strong tea foot bath. It's the tannins from the tea that do the job:

http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070426_350_110.jhtml

Quote:
Kelsey from California shared an embarrassing problem. "My feet are super stinky," she said. "I've tried wearing just open-toed shoes, and I wash my feet all the time in the shower. Nothing works."

Dr. Oz suggested a simple home remedy for Kelsey—soaking her feet in tepid iced tea. "The tannic acid in the tea will actually tan your foot a little bit, which will dry it out," he said. "That's helpful in reducing the amount of sweat, and the odor as well."

Did Dr. Oz's tea trick reduce the stinkiness?

In just a few weeks, Kelsey says her smelly feet have undergone a drastic change. "Since the show, my life has totally changed. Not only did I get a haircut, but my feet don't smell anymore," she says. "Thank you, Dr. Oz, from the bottom of my sole!"

Dr. Oz says the secret to Kelsey's success is the tannic acid—which dries out the skin—but a few other simple remedies can help, too. "An open-toed shoe, ideally. Wear socks that are absorbent," he says. "But for a lot of folks, the only way to do it is to really dry it out."

You could also try Dr. Mist. On his feet and spray inside the shoes as well!

Let the shoes air out when not in use or keep two pairs of shoes in rotation (don't know about that with $500 pair of shoes!)...

And possibly get a ionic shoe freshener device or Eva-Dry Foot Shoe Dryer and Stretcher (EDV-150S)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Box-Sharper-Image-Ionic-Shoe-Freshener-Hygiene-NR_W0QQitemZ270226179545QQihZ017QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ozone-Purifier-for-Shoes-Destroy-Odor-Ski-Boot-Dryer_W0QQitemZ370040560396QQihZ024QQcategoryZ14949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Eva-Dry Foot Shoe Dryer and Stretcher (EDV-150S)
http://www.air-n-water.com/product/EDV-150S.html

Or something with minerals and/or baking soda made to put in each shoe when not in use like Eco Fresh Shoe Freshener, Odor Eater Shoe Spheres, or Sneaker Balls: www.sneakerballs.com

Thank you for all your insight! I just bought Dr Mist and it's doing a grand job so far. But the real test is tomorrow when he wears the stinky shoes haha!! I will let you all know how it worked Smile He will have to do his own smell test hehehehe
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, definitely rotate your shoes. I do that all the time but then I dont have sweaty feet. Also dont use any glycerin based products on the feet. They draw moisture there and cause more heat and sweat.

My homemade foot powder:

4tbps cornstarch
4tbps baking soda
20 drops tea tree
10 lemon
10 lavender

I used oil of oregano once in my mix and it was strong!
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliate feet. Excess buildup of dead skin and fungus is the cause of the stink.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Put some salt in water when you washing your feet! Very Happy
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
See, the only weird thing is that those are the only shoes that smell which he wears! He used Dr mist yesterday and it greatly reduced the smell (i for once couldn't smell his feet when he comes home). So hopefully with continuing spraying that everyday the smell will decrease. *crossing fingers*.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Spray feet and inside of shoes with Listerine mouth wash. He can also do a 20 minute foot soak with Listerine - buy the knock off brand at a Dollar Store for this. If you use a plastic shoe box for the foot soak, you can re-use the Listerine 2 or 3 times.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like the shoes are contaminated. When it gets warm enough put them in the sun to kill the bacteria.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, you can spray the shoes with an antibacterial spray. I saw the Oprah episode with Dr. Oz too, that is worth a try. The girl on the episode had really smelly feet and all her roommates were complaining about it. I think trying the natural foot baths with the tea, salt, etc are worth giving a try too.
sally72
5% products discount

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:54 am      Reply with quote
My boyfriend has the same problem. Smile You need to give a treatment to both the shoes and your boyfriend's feet! Wash the shoes and then spray in a special product especially against sweat and smell. He should start applying a lotion or spray onto his feet everyday to prevent sweating which leads to smelly feet. There are many good products on the market.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Try Lavender oil in warm water. Try this link which explains the many benefits http://www.netherfield.co.nz/lavender-uses.php.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |