Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is there any product can reduce the size of pores?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
JesseGirl wrote:
I just starting using a Vit-C serum since last week. I was hoping it would help reduce pore size...any thoughts on this?

I've been using Vit C for over a year. While it offers me other benefits like brightening the skin and as an antioxidant, it's done nothing to actually reduce the size of my pores. With clear and clean pores, you can minimize their appearance but they don't actually shrink.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
jessicahe
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
thanks!I want to try microfiber cloth:)
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried BE RareMinerals Night Skin Revival Tx under my makeup and it filled in my huge nose pores well enough. At least I think I'm filling them in with something that might help.
Anyone else try RareMinerals with any luck?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I tried BE RareMinerals Night Skin Revival Tx under my makeup and it filled in my huge nose pores well enough. At least I think I'm filling them in with something that might help.
Anyone else try RareMinerals with any luck?

fawnie, I am fascinated with the concept of Rare Minerals. I did a search to find out what other members have to say. This is what I come up with. Hope other Rare Mineral users will give us some feedback.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21551&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rare+minerals&start=25

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
it is true, when you get older, the cell of your skin will lose the collagen. Thus, your pores must be larger when you are older.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
maybe that is why some people say retin A helps minimise pores. because it rebuilds the skin
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
cortigirl wrote:
Since i've been using 10% glycolic gel everynight i've noticed my pore size has decreased greatly. I still haven't been able to get rid of those gross blackheads though!!! Ugh.. I know getting a glycolic peel at the spa is great but i'm too lazy to go and do that lol.

You can use BHA to reduce the blackheads, such as Paula's Choice 1% or 2% BHA products. The microfiber cloths also help to prevent them from coming back.

Thanks! I will definitely get that 2% BHA product they sell here.

Those microfiber cloths that you are talking about...what's better, using that or a clarisonic brush? Maybe both?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that thread Winnie on RareMinerals. I'm going to keep using it on my nose pores and see what happens, besides just cosmetic, whether it makes them shrink too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Since I have been using the Clarisonic the pores on my chin appear smaller. Has any Clarisonic users noticed the same regarding pores? In the past I got one or two pimples on my chin a few times a month. Since using the C not one. Very Happy I attribute this to immaculate pores.

I have definitely noticed that with the pores on my nose. Hopefully over time all of my pores will be cleaned out by the Clarisonic. I've only been using it for about 2 weeks so I need more time.
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is possible, but not easy, esp to deep large pore (a group of small pores). This needs to be treated with treatment like laser, needle or peeling. Home therapy can minimize pore size only if you keep on use, but i don't think can get rid of them.

Actually pore problem is my biggest issue so I did try many pore-treat skincare. I'd experience pore-less by high% chemical peel, however, that didn't mean they disappeared forever. My pores gradually opened again 1 month later...

So now I just keep them clean in my daily routine.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I have had success with pore reduction with daily use of Mama Lotion and twice daily use of PSF 5% BHA and daily use of Aloette's Enzyme Peel. IMHO, exfoliation is the key Exclamation
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Stovetop~

What type of skin do you have? I'm just curious because if I were to do your regimen, I would probably be really dry. I have combo. skin w/hyperpigm. on cheeks. And is mama lotion that effective on hyperpigmentation? I've read threads where people seem to really like this stuff, but I'm wondering if it's as good as Obagi. I guess I'm fascinated by the fact that you can exfoliate daily...I always thought it was a once a wk. kind of thing...Yes, I am fairly young, but I don't want to start my skin care routine off to a bad start in my early days...Thank you all for your advice! It is much appreciated!!!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
gellys - I have combo skin and am over 55 yet still have an oily tee zone. I have done the 18 week Obagi (I did some modifications though) and now am on Mama Lotion - which I am really liking - I did not start off using it every day - I had to work up to that. I am finding that Mama Lotion is very effective on hyperpigmentation - but I am also using Retin A and Obagi Blender at night - daily. Considering the cost difference between Obagi and Mama Lotion - I would suggest that you start with Mama Lotion. I have in the past requested and received samples from EDS of Mama Lotion.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |