Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
any ladies here had tried it?
i am really interest
BUT
just read a review:

During the first three weeks of daily uses, it seemed OK. No miracles happened and actually I didn't expect any skin care product could do good so quickly. Then a miserable skin rash was coming, which was really annoying and suffering. Red itchy bumps were everywhere on the face and I am not the sensitive type! My 29-year-old skin had never reacted to any other product before. It took me one week to smooth those terrible bumps and several weeks to recover to the before-using status. After several months, I restarted to use it hoping that the previous rash was due part to other reasons e.g. pressure. I was wrong. This time only one application caused reaction. So I totally gave up.

If there's anything good about it, I would like to say that it gave me a bloody lesson: be gentle to the skin!

there are about 7 reviews,60% are good,should i go for it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
It sounds like the person reviewing really had an allergic reaction. Everyone is different. Ask for samples!!!

I had a problem with breakouts in the form of pimples when first using Prevage. I started out with the 1% Prevage MD, on my derm's advice. She told me to decrease usage to every other day and then build up to twice a day after my skin calmed down. The over-the-counter is only 0.5% which is better tolerated for some.

I use it now first thing after cleansing, twice a day, before my other products. It is quite moisturizing, so I have to use it very thinly, maybe a small pea size for my whole face and throat and chest. No further breakouts.

I really can't say I've seen a remarkable change. But I like to use it for its antioxidant properties, sort of insurance against further damage. It's 'sposed to be able to counteract a wider range of free radicals than vit C.

Hope this helps, but there are always other antioxidants out there to try. Coffeeberry is reported to be a promising one. C+E Ferulic is one too. It's all trial and error, isn't it, sometimes expensively so!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
thanks,fawnie
i have samples....i will try them on my arm first anyway.
but the person reviewing used it for 3 weeks without any breakout,so it is really hard to say.everyone is different

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I personally have not tried this, but my mom has. She has very tolerant skin ( used obagi for years.) She really liked this at first but then got a bumpy red itchy rash. It sounds just like what you referred to fang. I have read some reviews though, where people tolerate it well, and love it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't use Prevage but I did use a cream that contained the active ingredient at a stronger percentage and had no problems. My skin seemed to like it. But of all the actives, this one seems to be one that seems to cause the most sensitivities.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I didn't use Prevage, but I used the variant from Priori with idebenone, and after just one use, I broke out in a terrible, itchy rash all over my face. Embarassed It took weeks for it to go away, so I would advice patch testing first, because quite many are reported to have adverse reactions to idebenone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Shoppers Drug Mart is selling the cream for $200.00. No face cream is worth that much even if it had gold in it.
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
i try samples.No miracles happened.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
O sorry it didn't work for you. Sad
The thing is, it's not a miracle that you can see within a couple days. And unfortunately, you have to go very slowly with it at first. Perhaps the red itchy rash after 3 weeks is an indication that it was used too much/too soon. I dunno.

I like using it, but it's more of an "insurance factor", like sunscreen, for me. More for protection than for a miracle that can be seen within a couple weeks or even months. It's 'sposed to neutralize the free radicals before they cause skin damage.

But, of course, it's not for everyone, and there's a lot of products out there to try!! And the hunting is half the fun!! Thanks God for samples!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
the night cream is $140/50ml
serum is $200/50ml
EA is going to have buy one get one free sale star from tomorrow.i have to make my mind before the deal gone

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fang
I would say, Pass this time if you are unsure that it will work for you. There are other antioxidants out there to try that are probably less expensive!
Depends, also, what your priorities are in a skin care product. Do you want prevention? treatment of sundamage? firming? lightening?
It's staggering the number of good things to buy, isn't it!
It has taken me....um....more than 21!... years to find what works best for me. And then I always go looking into what's new....
So sample around and ask ppl who have the same skin type and expectations as yourself. A dermatologist can also steer you to what's right for your skin, rather than a makeup counter, where they just want to SELL!
Be sure you can return a product within a reasonable amount of time if you have a bad reaction. No sense just chucking it if you have paid a fortune for it and you've saved the receipt. Most places will honor a return if it just did bad things to you.
Hope you find something good for you!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
If you want to try it, shop around. You can get it for way less than that price. Midwestskincare is a great place and they charge around $85 for it. Good luck!
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
i bought the prevage eye cream(bonus:5ml eye cream,5ml serum),prevage night cream,$20 purchase with purchase kit,$140+tax total.........i love that night cream so far(used for 5 nights)

5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Pressed enter instead of tab Cool Do these products contain any fragrances?
lotusspecter
5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it has parfum/fragrance in it.
milliesfriend
5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I have been tempted to buy this product, but I can't use anything with fragrance on my face. That aleays breaks me out!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I have just completed my 2nd week with Prevage (I use this along with Vivite). Nothing to report as far as any progress or skin looking any better/different, but no reactions either.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |