Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
dewy look, moisterizer, bronzer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
julietcapulet23

Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
lately i've been obsessed with the "dewy-look" or almost wet-look, instead of having a matte finish. what products would you recommend to acheive this, or is a good moisterizer the answer?

speaking of moisterizer, what is everyone's suggestion. i have generally dry skin.

also, i'm getting sad to see my summer tan fade. since i have a fair complexion my tan was more "golden" and i'm looking for a bronzer that can recreate this effect sans soleil. any suggestions on a natural-looking, very light bronzer??
Amesevey
5% products discount

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka makes a bronzing concentrate that can be mixed with a daily moisterizer. It will give you a bronze glow while evening out your complexion. Or you could try their toned day cream (a fav. of mine) which is a bronzed moisturizer ...here are the descriptions taken from EDS' skin care store

Toned day cream:
Warm, beige color is transparent on the skin Offers soothing and gentle protection Gives a natural, healthy glow. Blends and softens the appearance of skin irregularities

bronzing concentrate:
Blends and softens the appearance of the skin, giving a more even colouring. Transparent enough to keep the skin's individual character recognisable. Can be used in place of a foundation.

hope this helps...if you are unfamilar with this line then let me tell you its excellent. Many fans of it in this forum

jill
Mabsy

Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Whenever I want to get the dewy look I just don't use powder or matte foundation. I find that moisturiser works well together with the Dr Hauschka Bronzing Concentrate (which is a fab product!). Also, in my opinion, many foundations give the dewy effect when you don't use powder over them. Tarte Smooth Operator is a pretty good one for that. You and I might be after different levels of dewy-ness though Smile
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:03 am      Reply with quote
What Mabsy suggested is an excellent idea. I use a moisturizing foundation with a bronzing gel and I get a very dewy look.
julietcapulet23

Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
thanx for the suggestions. i'll look into the dr hauschka products.

right now i don't use foundation but use a gel-based concealer to even out some areas as well as a moisterizer.

any good blushes that can help acheive the dewy effect? i don't know why this is my current obsessoon Rolling Eyes
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
MAC make some really nice cream blushes, "Cream Color Base". I have Sundrenched and Improper Copper. They make you look very fresh and people always commenting when I wear them instead of the flat look of powder.

Check out Benefit High Beam & Moon Beam. I have yet to try them as I can't find a seller in Canada. They look great and I've read reviews!!!! Keeping my eye on ebay for one.
Mabsy

Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I like Stila and Armani cream blushes, though I think the Armani ones go on more powdery. But admittedly I have not tried all that many brands of cream blushes to begin with.

Miss Shoes - I've got Benefit High Beam and it's nice but nothing too spectacular and I don't reach for it often. I find that it's very similar to Clinique Color Rub Allover Lustre. But High Beam has better packaging. Both are good for that dewy/glowy effect but I prefer the YSL complexion enhancers instead (they're NICE!).
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

Did either the Benefit High Beam or Clinique Color Rub clogg your pores or cause you to break out?

Thanks
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
julietcapulet23 wrote:
lately i've been obsessed with the "dewy-look" or almost wet-look, instead of having a matte finish. what products would you recommend to acheive this, or is a good moisterizer the answer?

I've been trying to obtain the dewy look too. My skin looks the best when I've just gotten out of the shower or after having a long soak in the tub. It's all plumped up and pores are barely visible. That's the look I'm striving for full time! The light moisturizers aren't enough and the heavy ones give me blackheads. I drink tons of water but it doesn't seem to be helping to get the look I want. If you find a product that maintains that dewy look let me know.

-Cheri
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Paula Dorf makes a cream blush that leaves a nice dewy look. I use the one called Candy Apple. I buy it online and its not expensive and seems to go with anyone's coloring.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love Benefit's Cheekies for a nice creamy blush with a beautiful finish. I have also found that Almay's Nearly Naked line (foundation and blush) are very sheer but leave the slightest soft finish - Not quite dewy but not close to matte at all....The blushes have a really nice glossy finish that I use to highlight apples of my cheeks, etc.

Have to say though my end-all, be-all foundation find is the new Cover Girl TruBlend. I have never, ever seen such a good color match and an absolutely natural finish - while giving nice coverage...A must try for sure.
Mabsy

Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
Hey Mabsy,

Did either the Benefit High Beam or Clinique Color Rub clogg your pores or cause you to break out?

Thanks

I don't use it on a regular basis but have had no problems with either of them.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying to obtain the dewy look too. My skin looks the best when I've just gotten out of the shower or after having a long soak in the tub.

I once heard that Bianca Jagger (remember her?) used to take a bath after putting on her makeup...for the dewy look.
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
I once heard that Bianca Jagger (remember her?) used to take a bath after putting on her makeup...for the dewy look.

Wow! Shock Now THAT is dedication and attention to detail! Laughing

Frankly I find that the QLD weather does that automatically for about 4 months out of the year Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |