Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Nasolabial folds: Ageless, Carolyn's FF or FlexEffect?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
illumina

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Which facial exercise program is the best for nasolabial folds?
What experiences have you had with the programs you have tried?

My case:
I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join to ask advice.

I mostly do not have bad wrinkles on my face given that I'm in my mid thirties, however I do have large lips which I find have probably contributed to increasing nasolabial folds, because my face is petite. I'd say my face structure is similar to keira knightley's except with x3 bigger lips!

When I was younger I was happy about this but now I notice my friends with small lips do not have this problem. I suppose the wrinkles we form depend on face structure which is why I don't believe on size fits all, I am sure some face exercise programs are better for differently shaped faces.

My wish:
I would like to start an exercise program that is not too intensive, nor aggressive because
a) I have extremely fair, pale, sensitive skin that does not take kindly to tugging. I only do extremely gentle facial massage or my skin gets red and breaks out from the friction.

b) apart from my NL folds, I only have small lines on my forehead, neck and none around my eyes so I don't need anything too drastic.

c) a program that does not give me monkey mouth, which I've read about here, because I naturally have a very strong mouth area esp because I played a wind instrument for years, this did not stop nl folds btw. I tried to stop myself from pouting too much etc as I find my mouth is my 'strongest' feature.

I've done some of the free happyfaceyoga exercises on youtube by Gary Sikorski for about 4 months now as I was not ready to commit to buy anything.

For example I was doing exercise 6 (not allowed to post link as I am a newbie) to lift my cheeks as I believed, from what I read here and elsewhere, that building my cheeks would help with NL folds but I found this exercise really built up my top lip and the fold created by smiling with the long O even if it made my cheeks feel tight, seemed to emphasize my NL line not flatten it out or plump it.

I want a program that will really help with my nasolabial folds. Can anyone recommend one that worked for them?

Does anyone else have a longish, narrow, petite face and big lips and find success with a particular program?

Thanks
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Illumine

I don’t think that there is a program that is “best” for nasolabial folds because we’re all starting from different places and with different issues. What I do know is that if you have nls that its not just about exercising but also treating the skin and getting that to rejuvenate. Yet I so darn well wished I started when I was your age, instead of in my 50’s because I truly think facial exercises are by far one of the best preventative measures a young person can and should take.

Now with your wish, you say you don’t want to start a program that’s intensive or aggressive, well the programs you list above will all seem intensive because they do require you to use resistance, and so if your skin gets red and breaks out from friction from simple massage, I’m thinking you may be want to try something like Facercise. Aprile has very sensitive skin too and that works really well for her. Alternatively as you have done a few of Gary’s Happy Face Yoga exercises, may want to instead get that program, and I’ve got it myself and I do like it. I also have the original Face Yoga by Rose Han Tran (who Gary learned from) and that’s also another option too for you.

With monkey mouth, from what I’ve read you can get that with any program out there. It really depends on the strength of your muscles and how hard you work them, so in your case I would suspect that the advice would be to work the mouth gently and not intensely.

Does that help? Look at the websites before and afters also and you should get a better idea too!

Best

Theresa
illumina

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 am      Reply with quote
OK thanks Theresa, I'll still be on the look out here.... I remember seeing different people claiming that various exercises helped their NLs. I've started massaging them gently with natural oils outside and also putting pressure inside. I am hoping that will also help!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Sure be on the look out by all means. I always thought Id have NLs forever and it never bothered me, and I am pleased to say that my NLs line (which we all have when we smile, but when we stop smiling those pesky lines would still be there on me!) have vanished. Its not to say I don’t have the depression when I smile, because I don’t think there’s much that can be done for that, but now when I stop smiling I don’t have the creases that used to be a permanent fixture on my face, and I have to say that I used to believe it was one particular thing that did that, but now in reflection its probably the combo of everything I’ve done over the last 10 plus years as well as the thing that got rid. I’ve written about it on the forum before so there’s no need to go into it, but there’s new things coming out every single day and by far one of them will be sure to fix it for you. The pressure inside and outside and oils sounds good!
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I do Flex Effect and find their NL exercise and cheek lifting exercises effective. Considering that my mother complained about hers from about mid 30s and her father had seriously bad ones, I seem to be preventing this (age 47).
newera
5% products discount

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Any facial exercise programme that lifts the cheeks should eliminate or at least lessen the N/L folds. I can't speak personally for other programmes, but CFF has done it for me. I'm 67 and there is a smooth transition now between the area above the 'smile' and the area below it. I still have smile 'lines', but they're feint.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |