Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Most expensive and disappointing product you have bought?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
You didn't like the clarisonic? Was it too much exfoliation?

nibn wrote:
hmm where do I start
clarisonic, can count on it to give me irritation bumps
Remergent DNA repair,does nothing for me but sting the hell out of it, NIA 24 make my face bright red ( I should have know better since ALL olay products do the same)
Prevage.... great dewey skin with sample , then a huge allergic reaction when I got the full size product, and it took 3 bottles of skinceuitacls aox to realize the redness and irritation , dryness is not worth it , mind you I do not have anyway problem with my skin other than dryness..most of these products make me look like I have rosacea that I don't , and when I took the baumann test I turned out as a DRPW ,which is kinda true , I can slather retin-a on like a night cream and only get minimal flakiness, so I guess my skin is just tough and hates HIGH end skin care, and just loves plain old nivea and atopalm
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Too many to count but my top 2 are IS Clinical and the Hormeta oily skin care line.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
You didn't like the clarisonic? Was it too much exfoliation?

nibn wrote:
hmm where do I start
clarisonic, can count on it to give me irritation bumps
Remergent DNA repair,does nothing for me but sting the hell out of it, NIA 24 make my face bright red ( I should have know better since ALL olay products do the same)
Prevage.... great dewey skin with sample , then a huge allergic reaction when I got the full size product, and it took 3 bottles of skinceuitacls aox to realize the redness and irritation , dryness is not worth it , mind you I do not have anyway problem with my skin other than dryness..most of these products make me look like I have rosacea that I don't , and when I took the baumann test I turned out as a DRPW ,which is kinda true , I can slather retin-a on like a night cream and only get minimal flakiness, so I guess my skin is just tough and hates HIGH end skin care, and just loves plain old nivea and atopalm

no , it wasn't too much exfoliation it was too much iritation, my face would allways go red after the clarisonic
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
That would be the Clarisonic. It broke me out. (And yes, I tried everything, went back to my safest cleanser, etc.)
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
CMAYC wrote:

Oh my goodness! Since seeing this fragrance in a Sephora catalogue, I have longed for it. You saved me from further temptation! Scary thing is, I would have definately ordered the Vanilla/Coconut one! Laughing You'll have to report back to us about the Tiare. Good luck!

Not wishing to go off topic, but a quick update on the Comptoir Sud Pacifique Tiare

I find the Tiare much more wearable than the Vanille Coco, rather like it in fact.
Although .. I was out the other night and reapplied in the bathroom, and when I came out a guy friend asked “What’s that coconut perfume you are wearing?” I’ve known this guy more than 10 years and he’s never commented on my perfume before, so I guess the Tiare is also not what you’d call subtle. Or maybe I just sprayed too much on.
Nice fragrance though IMO Very Happy
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I did get a BQ a while back, I think the results are minimal for the cost and I am just too lazy to keep up.

ME TOO. I did like the results, but I don't know why I thought I'd have the patience to keep up with it. That one I am really embarrassed about because it was so expensive.

I've really been very wasteful now that I think of it, and it makes me sad (and embarrassed). There are some expensive lines that I think are worth it (love Remergent), but I'm going to try not to be such a sucker for the new must have item. Sigh.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Strivectin SD for me
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
nibn wrote:

no , it wasn't too much exfoliation it was too much iritation, my face would allways go red after the clarisonic

Huh. Confused

That's sad to hear, I thought most people love the clarisonic. Do you do any exfoliation? chemical, physical?
barley
5% products discount

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Strivectin SD eye cream, complete waste of money Sad
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sjal Kura Intuitif. It did not deliver compared to the price, but I have to say that I loved the smell of it and it was a pleasure to use.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Perricone products, hands down. I totally bought into his marketing propaganda, spent the money, and didn't see a darn thing change. Rolling Eyes

I second the Perricone products........what a major let down. I too bought into the hype and marketing and paid out of the pocket dearly for it. Crying or Very sad
goldie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
bethany wrote:
Perricone products, hands down. I totally bought into his marketing propaganda, spent the money, and didn't see a darn thing change. Rolling Eyes

I second the Perricone products........what a major let down. I too bought into the hype and marketing and paid out of the pocket dearly for it. Crying or Very sad

I completely agree. I used the Perricone products for over six months but never saw any change in my skin.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh the list is sooooo long, but for sheer expense I'd say Revive Volumizing Serum @ $600/bottle. What a total hoax!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sienna wrote:
Ditto Creme de la Mer. It should be renamed Creme de la Merde!!! Mad

Laughing

So glad, I took french high school and college. Wink
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Strivectin SD ...they have good false advertising.. I got fooled
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Since I started using Jan Marini bio clear I rarely have breakouts. Love it. Well I'm a fan of Jan Marini products. Been using it for 4 years
GEMboy
5% products discount

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
i think that the winner seems to be Strivectin SD. And i TOTALLY agree.
Not only was the eye cream not worth the money. I would go as far to say that it was the worst eye cream i have EVER used. It felt horrid. Made my eyes water INSTANTLY, despite never having any reaction to a product in my LIFE.
I struggled with it for a month until i realised it was causing milia to appear. Which i still have not been able to get rid of.
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Cellex-C
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I second the Perricone products........what a major let down. I too bought into the hype and marketing and paid out of the pocket dearly for it. Crying or Very sad[/quote]

oh, really? I'm interested in their product line recently.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
kate sommerville products. Grossly overpriced for what you get.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kinerase did nothing for me. Not a thing
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Giorgio Armani Matt Silk Foundation - love the foundation, love the texture, just sadly can not find a color match after so many bottles...
Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation Powder - Color matching problem, foundation itself is wonderful
Lancome Aqua Fusion doesn't do anything in terms of hydrating, broke me out
Guerlain Metereorites bought all three colors plus limited edition color, broke me out
DiorShow worst masacara
DiorSkin Compact terrible foundation
Dior Detective Chic Eye Compact, Dectective Chic Highlighter Compact broke me out, color doesn't stay
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
kar126 wrote:
Giorgio Armani Matt Silk Foundation - love the foundation, love the texture, just sadly can not find a color match after so many bottles...
Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation Powder - Color matching problem, foundation itself is wonderful
Lancome Aqua Fusion doesn't do anything in terms of hydrating, broke me out
Guerlain Metereorites bought all three colors plus limited edition color, broke me out
DiorShow worst masacara
DiorSkin Compact terrible foundation
Dior Detective Chic Eye Compact, Dectective Chic Highlighter Compact broke me out, color doesn't stay

Laughing kar126, I wish I could give you a gold star... I love your list, so organised like oscar categories and then your explanations are brilliant! When you put 'worst mascara' and 'terrible foundation' I was creased up laughing, but also your list told me everything I need to know.Many thanks,

Loulou Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
La Prairie Caviar Eye Complex,totally useless Sad
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Creme de lar Mer, mountaingirl and lilredhead, what happened to your skin with copper peptides? Freeze 24/7 was another waste.Oh well!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |