Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
are these things good for the skin care?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cyrus

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys, i just hear that some fruits and flower tea are good for the skin. Fox example, Black Tea contains rich nutrition and it can nourish the skin; Chrysanthemum could whiten skin and remove wrinkles. Lavendor has calming effect which can release pressure and solve the insomina problem; Aloe can keep the skin moisture, shiny and smooth; Peony can prevent aging skin; Rose can effectively remove acne, and so on. Is there anyone who have tried to use the essence liquid of the above plants for skin care? Is it work? We need your help. Many thanks.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello, cyrus.
I think green tea is the best choice for beauty-conscious tea-drinkers. It contains polyphenols that are potent antioxidants. White tea is just as healthy. It comes from the same plant as green tea, but the leaves are picked and harvested in an earlier phase. The flavour of white tea is lighter and sweeter than green tea.

I don't know much about the teas you mention, cyrus, but lots of teas with fruits, berries and herbs are good for our skin and health. My favorites are cinnamon tea, ginger tea, raspberry tea and blueberry tea, in addition to green and white tea.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cyrus,

Did you mean to use these flowers etc for application to the skin or as a tea? There are many organic and natural skin care ranges out there that have some of the ingredients in them that you mention. I am a firm believer in the ability of herbs and plants in curing and helping various complaints, but you must do your research first.

If you are looking to make your own skin care products then maybe take a look at the DIY thread here on EDS for some hints and recipes.
If it is teas that you are interested in then by googling herbs and their uses you will find a wealth of information about their uses - it is amazing what we have at our finger tips! Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I was also unsure whether you were talking about the utilization of teas and herbs externally or internally. Green tea may definitely benefit your skin both by drinking it and applying it topically. That said, I agree with sal-star. Do your research before experimenting with herbs, flowers and essential oils in skin care. Smile

5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is that I've played around with similar natural plant extracts and in the end I found that it wasn't effective as products you purchase online or in stores.

I think the main problems are that it's hard to determine how much to use, how the effectively let the substance penetrate into the skin, how long to keep it for, what to dilute or dissolve it in, etc. In the end, it wasn't worth all the time and effort...well, at least for me!
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I saw people put rose buds in their tea wondered about the same thing - how does drink rose tea help with health, or anhthing at all? or just make the tea smell good?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |