Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
::REVIEW:: 302 Skincare Part 1: Intro to a Non-Acid Regimen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Boy - I wish my skin looked as good as Amy's!! I think she looks about 25.....
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Amy, do you go to any tanning forums? It's like I've seen you somewhere. I'll be checking out your blog for sure. My guess is 33.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
I guess my theory that people who have the easiest transitions are skincare novices has been disproved Crying or Very sad

Imo, your theory is still perfectly sound! Smile There are always going to be exceptions here and there, but an occasional exception doesn't upset the whole apple cart.

In any event, Dr Huber himself has said the same thing - long term acid use tends to make transitions more difficult. And he gets to see/hear about/consult on a MUCH bigger sampling than we do. Notice he uses the word "tends" or "tend" a lot, indicating a prominent trend, but by no means including every single person (a big enough majority to make across-the-board recommendations, though).

Boski, for not being an esty, your instincts are generally spot-on, and I don't think one *possible* exception changes that. I say "possible" because it's still pretty early in the game for her, and we'll have to see what happens down the line.

Quote:
When I think about it, I should have had a horrible transition, having been on acids, peels, CPs, BHA for a long time, much longer than most of y'all. But I didn't have much of an uglies phase at all. My skin just seemed to crave and love the 302 drops and F/B bar, it was "love at first application".

You did something very different from what MOST new users are doing, though - when you did your transition, you used little to nothing on your skin for that time period, correct? And after that, IIRC, you spent a fairly long time period using *only* the 302 serum and cleansers.

I realize that at the time there was not a big product line, so you were forced to use fewer products, but I think it's entirely possible that this low-key routine did you a world of good. Currently, with 302's expanded product line, many people are using a LOT of products from day 1 (even during transition!), and jumping into multiple topicals in a very short time period. Some people might have skin resiliant enough to handle it, and see some improvement. But if people are coming to this line to deal specifically with irritation and troubled skin, that approach might not be ideal. Dr huber's initial recommendation (that everyone use nothing, or as little as humanly possible) during transition is probably best for most of us. I agree that there are also a lot of variables, btw.

I'm rambling, I know. Sorry Embarassed
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Amy, do you go to any tanning forums? It's like I've seen you somewhere.

wow, I think you're right! I recognized her too but couldn't figure out from where. I don't post at any tanning forums, but I used to "lurk" on a quite a few.

Quote:
I'll be checking out your blog for sure. My guess is 33.

That's pretty much my guess too - anywhere from early/mid 30's to early 40s, maybe? Somewhere in there.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
faeriedust wrote:

I'll be checking out your blog for sure. My guess is 33.

That's pretty much my guess too - anywhere from early/mid 30's to early 40s, maybe? Somewhere in there.

I'd like to add that, for the record, photos are notoriously bad for trying to make accurate guesses about these things, especially without high resolution images and optimal lighting (which is hard even for pros to achieve somtimes)... so these guesses should not be placed at too high a value Smile
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy, Great of you to post pics. I, too, will follow your blog. I recently purchased 302 Drops and the F&B bar. It's been 4 weeks now and I see NO improvement. I realize that's not a lot of time. So, I'm hanging in there. Trying not to jump the gun and buy too many products too soon. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
mentoramy - I'd say you could be in your late 20's to lower 30's. I also think you're a pretty girl and that you'll respond as well as boski did at this.

Good luck to you

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
You did something very different from what MOST new users are doing, though - when you did your transition, you used little to nothing on your skin for that time period, correct? And after that, IIRC, you spent a fairly long time period using *only* the 302 serum and cleansers.

I realize that at the time there was not a big product line, so you were forced to use fewer products, but I think it's entirely possible that this low-key routine did you a world of good. Currently, with 302's expanded product line, many people are using a LOT of products from day 1 (even during transition!), and jumping into multiple topicals in a very short time period. Some people might have skin resiliant enough to handle it, and see some improvement. But if people are coming to this line to deal specifically with irritation and troubled skin, that approach might not be ideal. Dr huber's initial recommendation (that everyone use nothing, or as little as humanly possible) during transition is probably best for most of us. I agree that there are also a lot of variables, btw.

lowbrow - I think you're dead on with this idea and I'm beginning to think that this is why I've had such a difficult time transitioning into 302. Not only was I a retinoid and acid, CP user, but I started off w/ using multiple 302 products. Dr H even thought I might be using too much and that might explain my issues w/ breakouts. Going w/ the 'less is more' theory right now and only using the salts to clear up my face. It's working extremely well and I plan on doing a transition period again - perhaps longer this time AND only introducing ONE product at a time. This way, I will have more opportunity to see if it's a particular product or # of times /wk of using a product that's the culprit to my breakouts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Okay folks....I am 32.... Some of you were right on the money and others, wel......2 said late 30's, early 40's......wow....but that's okay.....

As far as tanning forums, I do post on one.....it is about the use of UV Free Tanning, so someof you may have seen me on there......That is why I was asking about the ingredients in the Amber Sun Sunless Solution because I really don't want to stop being "tanned/sprayed" but I will if it is going to intefere with the results of the 302, as this is something I really want to give my all and see how it works......I use to lay in the tanning bed but since I am getting older (and looking it Wink ) I had to restrain from it....yes it hurt, but that is how it goes......I am hoping I don't have that "leather-look" skin when I get a little older.....

I truly appreciate all of the answers members here have helped me with....It is truly appreciated........

I will definately keep the "blog" up-to-date as well as this thread as to how I am doing with the 302 Drops......I should be getting them tomorrow, so I will then start....I really am so anxious to see if I have good results as Boski did......Keep your fingers crossed for me Smile

Thanks again and I hope you folks have a good evening (I may be at my 5 post a day limit) Smile
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I finally found a place that has the Hazelnut Oil in stock: http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3778640.htm

I am going to incorporate this with my 302 Products as Boski recommended.

Shipping was as much as 4 oz of this oil, so does anyone know if this Hazelnut Oil can be purchased at Health Food Stores, like GNC, Etc.?

When I receive the Hazelnut Oil, do I only apply this in the mornings (once per day) or only on the days I don't apply the 302 Drops? Basically, can the 302 Drops be used in conjuction with the Hazelnut Oil?

TY~Amy
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl-I also used hydroquinone/tri-luma. Forgot to mention this.

Boski-Do you know what Dr. H recommends for crepiness/lines on neck??? And sagging jowls? Not sure the current 302 products can help with these areas! Crying or Very sad Maybe he can pull something out of his hat! Laughing
eraseunavez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I“m 29 years old. This post is very long...Please, does this product help to improve pitted acne scars?. My english is very bad for read all the answers.

Thanks
Regards.
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
eraseunavez wrote:
Hi,

I“m 29 years old. This post is very long...Please, does this product help to improve pitted acne scars?. My english is very bad for read all the answers.

Thanks
Regards.

HI eraseunavez, Yes indeed this thread is sooo long I have trouble sifting through it to get the information I need Smile I'm sure you know this already, but the guidelines around using 302 skincare is the 1st page Boski's post on 302 FAQ's if you're considering using 302.

You may need to go through a beauty therapist for a more tailored approach. To answer your question, I think the 302 drops are fantastic for pitted acne scars. They've certainly done something to plump mine up Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
boski wrote:
I guess my theory that people who have the easiest transitions are skincare novices has been disproved Crying or Very sad

Imo, your theory is still perfectly sound! Smile There are always going to be exceptions here and there, but an occasional exception doesn't upset the whole apple cart.

In any event, Dr Huber himself has said the same thing - long term acid use tends to make transitions more difficult. And he gets to see/hear about/consult on a MUCH bigger sampling than we do. Notice he uses the word "tends" or "tend" a lot, indicating a prominent trend, but by no means including every single person (a big enough majority to make across-the-board recommendations, though).

Boski, for not being an esty, your instincts are generally spot-on, and I don't think one *possible* exception changes that. I say "possible" because it's still pretty early in the game for her, and we'll have to see what happens down the line.

Quote:
When I think about it, I should have had a horrible transition, having been on acids, peels, CPs, BHA for a long time, much longer than most of y'all. But I didn't have much of an uglies phase at all. My skin just seemed to crave and love the 302 drops and F/B bar, it was "love at first application".

I'm rambling, I know. Sorry Embarassed

Lowbrow,

Your observations are absolutely correct. Even though I have no solid evidence, my feeling is that people who did nothing or very little to their skin prior to 302 will have the easiest transitions and best overall results. You're right, that has not been disproven...yet. If anybody out there (who was a skincare novice prior to 302) had a difficult time using 302 or got no results, I'd like to hear your story.

It is true when I started in 2005, there were only 3 products (todays 302 serum (it was called Protein Drops), today's Dry/Normal skin cleanser, and the F/B bar). I had no choice except to use just the F/B bar and Protein Drops for a few months. Then they introduced the A Boost and C Boost. As the years rolled along, they added a TON of products. I'm amazed how many they have added in such a relatively short amount of time. Being a small company run by one top guy helps. He pretty much puts out what he wants on the schedule he wants, which is great for us, because he listens to feedback from the esthys and us.

Good deductions, lowbrow.
eraseunavez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
HeavenLeigh,

Many thanks for your answer but I live in Spain, I can buy this item by web only Smile
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
I finally found a place that has the Hazelnut Oil in stock: http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3778640.htm

Shipping was as much as 4 oz of this oil, so does anyone know if this Hazelnut Oil can be purchased at Health Food Stores, like GNC, Etc.?

When I receive the Hazelnut Oil, do I only apply this in the mornings (once per day) or only on the days I don't apply the 302 Drops? Basically, can the 302 Drops be used in conjuction with the Hazelnut Oil?

TY~Amy

Hi Amy,

The hazelnut is just a substitute for the 302 Calming mist (for oily skin) or Recovery Plus (for dry/normal) during transition. Your goal is to get your skin to produce its own moisture and get away entirely from using a moisturizer on a daily basis. I don't use a daily moisturizer now, only the Calming mist once in awhile.

You can apply hazelnut oil very sparingly on those days your face feels dehydated. You can apply anytime. The 302 drops you will only apply at night. You should not need to apply the hazelnut on top of the 302 drops. You must use the correct method of applying the 302 drops. This method applies to any of the 302 lipid (oily appearing) actives. After cleansing, leave your face wet and apply 2 to 3 "drops" (not pumps) of the 302 drops. Mix with the water on your face and spread it over the entire face (eyelids too), neck and excess on the hands. You should not have a greasy film. If you do, you put on too much. Mist more water to your face and respread. Some people break out if they overapply the 302 drops, so be forewarned this may occur until you get the hang of application. Start slow, once a week, then twice a week and then 3 times a week, observing how your skin reacts. Cut back if you see bad stuff happening. HTH
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
sandralee wrote:

Boski-Do you know what Dr. H recommends for crepiness/lines on neck??? And sagging jowls? Not sure the current 302 products can help with these areas! Crying or Very sad Maybe he can pull something out of his hat! Laughing

The Lightening for the Decollete and Hands would be the pigmentation product for the neck, chest, and hands. You can and should use all the 302 actives on the neck, chest, eyes, hands when you do your face. Apply the Ointment RX on top of the 302 actives on your neck, especially on neck rings. This increases the effectiveness of the topicals. You can apply the ORX on top of actives on the eyes and face too, but it can cause milia and breakouts if done too heavily or too often. Just once a week, I use the ORX on top of the Eye Serum.

As for sagging, facial exercises and/or microcurrent are the way to go. I'm still doing LouLou's facial exercises and the Facial Flex for the jaw line. I found LouLous neck exercises not enough or hard to do, so I added back in the Facial Flex. It's an inexpensive gadget. You can google for reviews on it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
sandralee wrote:

Thank you, Sandralee! Thought I would mention that I am working on some sagging, as well, and the ultrasound was recommended (or microcurrent - but this apparently takes a much longer time than US). Maybe you could talk to Jennifer about that and get her opinions?
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
eraseunavez wrote:
HeavenLeigh,

Many thanks for your answer but I live in Spain, I can buy this item by web only Smile

Eraseunavez,

Email the company at info@302skincare.com and ask for an esthetician who does international consults and shipping. This will get you in touch with a professional who can recommend the right products for you. Good Luck!
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
sandralee wrote:

The Lightening for the Decollete and Hands would be the pigmentation product for the neck, chest, and hands. You can and should use all the 302 actives on the neck, chest, eyes, hands when you do your face. Apply the Ointment RX on top of the 302 actives on your neck, especially on neck rings. This increases the effectiveness of the topicals. You can apply the ORX on top of actives on the eyes and face too, but it can cause milia and breakouts if done too heavily or too often. Just once a week, I use the ORX on top of the Eye Serum.

As for sagging, facial exercises and/or microcurrent are the way to go. I'm still doing LouLou's facial exercises and the Facial Flex for the jaw line. I found LouLous neck exercises not enough or hard to do, so I added back in the Facial Flex. It's an inexpensive gadget. You can google for reviews on it.

Here a link where you can read over 200 reviews for the Facial Flex. I still do LouLous's neck exercises too, but do the Facial Flex about 2 nights a week as well.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.L0136.desc.Facial-Flex-Facial-Exercise-and-Toning-Kit#reviews
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

TY~Amy

Hi Amy,

The hazelnut is just a substitute for the 302 Calming mist (for oily skin) or Recovery Plus (for dry/normal) during transition. Your goal is to get your skin to produce its own moisture and get away entirely from using a moisturizer on a daily basis. I don't use a daily moisturizer now, only the Calming mist once in awhile.

You can apply hazelnut oil very sparingly on those days your face feels dehydated. You can apply anytime. The 302 drops you will only apply at night. You should not need to apply the hazelnut on top of the 302 drops. You must use the correct method of applying the 302 drops. This method applies to any of the 302 lipid (oily appearing) actives. After cleansing, leave your face wet and apply 2 to 3 "drops" (not pumps) of the 302 drops. Mix with the water on your face and spread it over the entire face (eyelids too), neck and excess on the hands. You should not have a greasy film. If you do, you put on too much. Mist more water to your face and respread. Some people break out if they overapply the 302 drops, so be forewarned this may occur until you get the hang of application. Start slow, once a week, then twice a week and then 3 times a week, observing how your skin reacts. Cut back if you see bad stuff happening. HTH

Now when you say this works best on skin that has not had alot of previous "work" I basically have only used OTC Moisturizers (other than the YAG Laser) but that has been months....so would OTC moisturizers still apply as having that need to wait? I have always switched around moisturizers and not used a certain one for an extended period.

Sorry, but I ask this because Jennifer didn't seem to think that I needed to wait any amount of time before beginning....She actually said it would be okay to use the OTC products, in moderation, in between the 302....Do you still suggest waiting even though I have only used OTC products, once - twice per day.
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
boski wrote:
sandralee wrote:

Here a link where you can read over 200 reviews for the Facial Flex. I still do LouLous's neck exercises too, but do the Facial Flex about 2 nights a week as well.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.L0136.desc.Facial-Flex-Facial-Exercise-and-Toning-Kit#reviews

Thanks so much Boski! I'm ordering one today!
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
boski wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

TY~Amy

Hi Amy,

Now when you say this works best on skin that has not had alot of previous "work" I basically have only used OTC Moisturizers (other than the YAG Laser) but that has been months....so would OTC moisturizers still apply as having that need to wait? I have always switched around moisturizers and not used a certain one for an extended period.

Sorry, but I ask this because Jennifer didn't seem to think that I needed to wait any amount of time before beginning....She actually said it would be okay to use the OTC products, in moderation, in between the 302....Do you still suggest waiting even though I have only used OTC products, once - twice per day.

Hi Amy,

I am only repeating what I've read on the 302 professional website and from Dr H. Jennifer has worked with you personally and knows your history, so I would follow her advice. I'm not an esthy and haven't worked with clients like she has.

If you have problems, then we can help with other suggestions.
eraseunavez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
boski,

many thanks for the information

regards
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I stopped using actives (vitamin C serum, differin gel) recently and noticed alot of surface white heads appearing all over my face. This is happening even in areas where I don't normally get any whiteheads/blackheads.

How do I tell the difference between my skin being unhappy with the moisturizer vs purging due to the lack of actives?

I'm extracting white heads every day and it's driving me crazy....

Thank you.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |