Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dentists in bangkok?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to thailand and want to go to the dentist there to get some crowns and have a filling done.....have heard good things about the dentists but there are so many to choose from I have no idea where to start.....anyone been?
any recommendations?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Anna - I’ve been getting my dental work done in Bangkok for some years. Prices seem to have gone up quite a lot the past year or two, plus the exchange rate doesn’t really work in my favour at the moment, but it’s still a good deal compared to HK, where I’m based, just not as super cheap as it was five years ago.

I usually go to the dental clinic at Yanhee Hospital, although I’ve had work done at a few other places in Silom area when I don’t have time to make the trip to Yanhee (it’s quite a long taxi ride from central BKK). Dental clinic at BNH Hospital is very good also, been there twice for fillings/scale and polish, and it’s more centrally located, but prices are higher than Yanhee.

I can PM you the name of my regular dentist at Yanhee if you like. Overall, I’ve been quite impressed with the standard of dental work in thailand, but IMO my guy at Yanhee is the best
Very Happy
http://www.yanhee.net/index_en.asp#
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much for that! I like the sound of bangkok dental center too...I mailed them and they replied the next day with a detailed mail...also they had a lab on their premises....will check your link too...ahh choices!
again thank you! I believe when I am there I will be in good hands!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Anna - I checked the website of that Bangkok Dental Center and it looks interesting. Let us know what it’s like, if you decide to go there.

Forgot to mention also Thantakit Dental is very good. I had laser whitening done there a couple years back. It’s really state of the art, got all the latest modern gadgets, plus TV screens in the room so you can watch movies while you’re being done. Not the cheapest place in BKK, but their reputation is very good. Some of my thai friends go there... the rich ones Laughing

I’ll be in BKK next weekend and once again will be off to Yanhee, not for dental work, getting schlerotherapy on my legs. I love Yanhee Hospital, been there so many times that a cheeky nurse commented that my file was “like a telephone book”! Plus, there’s the fabulous delivery girls who scoot around in bright green miniskirts on in-line skates - they always make me smile after the long taxi ride there Laughing
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:38 am      Reply with quote
oooh do yanhee do other ''stuff'' Actually my friends thai friend recommended that place the other day.......(for dental work.....)(now I am confused...have already booked at the other one)
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I checked yanhee but I still like the sound of the other one also that they say (and I quote)
'BIDC is the first and currently the only dental clinic in Bangkok granted an official international title.'....yanhee sounds great and they certainly cover all the bases...wow! from boob jobs to sex changes....amazing......
will let you know how I go at BIDC...am off in just over a week....(yay)
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I visit my parents in Bkk, I always go to the hospital near their place for my dental work (check-up, fillings).

The hospital is called Payatai 3. However they have Payatai and Payatai 2 hospitals in other areas of Bkk if Payatai 3 is too far out for you. My dentist's name is Dr Pimsiri. She's very gentle and good.

Bumroongrat is another good but expensive hospital you can look in to.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
thank you bkk girl.
I made the appointment at BIDC http://www.bangkokdentalcenter.com/

I think they sound good....if you have a chance can you tell me what you think?
anyway I am sure that there must be many good dentists there.....hopefully this center is really great!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi annachan,
Most Thai dentists are very good with gentle hands. You can even request to see a dentist known for his/her gentlest hands! Very Happy Good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
yes I think you are right! and I love thailand ...its so wonderful! Am just trying to organise a nice guest house...just mailed ''charlie house'' and see the best rates they can give as its low season....fingers crossed!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
While in Thailand, you might find that their best hairdresser is also a bargain. A year or so ago I was there, I paid $15 for a haircut by this gay guy who over here in Beverly Hills would have been able to charge $80 and up. Maybe you can ask around for the best hairdresser. To Thai people, 700 baht ($22 now that the x-chg rate is unfavorable to us) is a lot, but it's still considered cheap for us to get that kind of quality haircut.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
oh god thats a GREAT idea and I do need one plus in tokyo its crazy and I dont really like the hairdressers.....cooooooooool thank you!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Don’t forget to have some thai massage as well! I like to do 1 to 2 hours thai style, then followed by 1 hour oil massage. Lately I’ve started taking my own blend of oils for them to use for the oil massage. Can’t believe I didn’t think of this before... I take along a mix of kukui, avocado, jojoba, or whatever i feel like, add some rosemary and peppermint EO, and throw in some of those more expensive oils like pomegranate seed and rosehip. It’s so much nicer than the oils you’ll get otherwise.

I like this place and go to the Silom branch every day when I’m in BKK.
http://www.bodytune.co.th/home.html

There are cheaper (and not so nice) places, but at 590 baht for two hours thai massage, I think it’s quite good value, as it’s clean and quiet. Some of those cheaper places are filthy, and the noise level makes relaxing impossible.

Oh, I’m off to BKK tomorrow Very Happy
beautynfitnessgeek

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
When I was in BKK, Thantakit Dental Center has been my go-to place for my dental needs. Been there twice- I love their state-of-the-art building!
Also you won't have any problem coz their dentists were trained abroad so their services are at par with international standards. I was surprised they told me that I don't need an oral prophylaxis yet as opposed to others who continually upsell.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |