Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

can u use a tinted moist w/spf as a sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Can a tinted moisturizer with an spf of 30 be used while in the sun? I am currently using Lorac Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer and I was wondering if it would be good to use while sunning in Las Vegas....
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Depends on your need. For everyday use, it is definitly enough. If you are going to Las Vegas, better reapply it during the day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think that's fine for everyday wear, but if you are going to actually be laying out I'd use something with a high PPD.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I would not use a tinted moisturiser SPF30 in place of sunscreen to be laying out in the sun. Cool While it has SPF in it, and provides more protection than standard moisturisers (some people use tinted moisturisers in place of foundation in the summertime), it won't be enough to do what you need it to do - to offer greatest protection in the sun.

Use a higher SPF formulated for your body on your face and please reapply every few hours as you'll sweat/ swim it off.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I would not use a tinted moisturiser SPF30 in place of sunscreen to be laying out in the sun. Shock While it has SPF in it, and provides more protection than standard moisturisers (some people use tinted moisturisers in place of foundation in the summertime), it won't be enough to do what you need it to do - to offer greatest protection in the sun.

Use a higher SPF30 formulated for your body on your face and please reapply every few hours as you'll sweat/ swim it off.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Tinted moisturisers tend to melt in the sun but if you have one which doesn't use a sun factor under it like Roche Posay for oily/combination skin as this tends to dry in totally. I have dry skin and I use this one every day under moisturiser. If you were laying out I would say you would need to apply it lots of times so do not think that the tinted would do the trick
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like i will be looking for an actual sunscreen instead.
jess55
5% products discount

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
It is fine to use a tinted moisturizer as your SPF as long as it has an SPF of at least 17. As yours has an SPF30 I think it's perfect to use. But in Las Vegas the sun is extremely hot, so if you see that you are burning, apply extra sunscreen over it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 14, 2024 1:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |