Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Single needles /Dermastamp and Iodine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello ! First post!

Seems like an aggresive dermastamp procedure
followed by iodine (tincture or lugol's) will produce pretty decent results.

Check Dr Derry study about how lugol's solution
can reverse fibrosis even in surgical scars.

Thing is by using a single needle,you can make lots of tiny pricks more effectively and by applying iodine repeatably for many days after ,will give even better results. Iodine is remarkable.Unlike most of the methods,it begins regeneration from bottom to up.This kind of regeneration is one of the best.

Any additional thoughs/experiences?
Is there any other place to buy single needles,since Sarah Vaughter doesnt want to ship to some european countries including mine also.

Thank you and this forum seemsvaluable:)
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Where do you live?
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I live in Greece.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
any idea where else to obtain single needles?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Owndoc, sarah vaughter site, has good single needles in stock now.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Owndoc, sarah vaughter site, has good single needles in stock now.

But i told you ,Vaughter doesnt want to ship to Greece.Any other place?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Oh, you told me! Apologies for not paying attention.
Audrey01

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I am also interested in single needling. Is there a difference between single needling and a derma stamp? Other then the fact that a single needle is in fact a single needle and a derma stamp isn't, I read on the owndoc site that a derma stamp is a good substitute. For stretch marks that are a bit deeper, is 2.0 enough?
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Audrey01 wrote:
I am also interested in single needling. Is there a difference between single needling and a derma stamp? Other then the fact that a single needle is in fact a single needle and a derma stamp isn't, I read on the owndoc site that a derma stamp is a good substitute. For stretch marks that are a bit deeper, is 2.0 enough?

Only the outer needles of derma stamp seem to penetrate better while the single needles are effectively targeting the hardened collagen that forms the strech marks.

I think they are better but please dont forget the iodine afterwards.Its all about fighting the pathogenic load that makes the body heal with fibrotic tissue while preventing this fibrosis with the use of iodine antimicrobial activities.
I will be a broken record with iodine,but when it comes to scars it is far better than everything i have tried so far.Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Wouldn't be ok to use a sewing needle?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

Only the outer needles of derma stamp seem to penetrate better while the single needles are effectively targeting the hardened collagen that forms the strech marks.

I think they are better but please dont forget the iodine afterwards.Its all about fighting the pathogenic load that makes the body heal with fibrotic tissue while preventing this fibrosis with the use of iodine antimicrobial activities.
I will be a broken record with iodine,but when it comes to scars it is far better than everything i have tried so far.Good luck!

Do you have any photos, before and after, of your progress? I don't doubt what you say, but I am curious if your marks are similar to mine.
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Wouldn't be ok to use a sewing needle?

A sewing needle is larger and disrupts/breaks the cells on the skin surface and can cause scarring whereas a single needle allegedly is thin enough to just part the surface cells and reach the lower layers of the dermis where collagen production is induced, leaving the upper layer of skin (almost) intact.

This is also discussed in length in the derma rolling thread.

Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Thank you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Audrey01 wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

Do you have any photos, before and after, of your progress? I don't doubt what you say, but I am curious if your marks are similar to mine.

No photos for marks.I have made another thread on acne.org that i will report complete flattening of raised scar with topical iodine.
I i will post the link here when the scar will be flat.I have some webcam quality phoos taken.

Please guys,can you answer me if there is any other place ,selling the single needles?

Can you see any manufacture name in the needles unit?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:02 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

Please guys,can you answer me if there is any other place ,selling the single needles?

Hi panoslydios, owndoc single needle diameter is .25mm. As you can see from this link if you can somehow get a 31 to 34 gauge needle the diameter on those needles are .26mm or less. You could probably use them. I don't know how to get these. Maybe a doctor or pharmacy. I have never used the single needles so I don't have any personal experience with them. I would think because these kind of needles are a lot longer then owndoc sells you would have to fashion some kind of stop on the needle so it doesn't go too deep into your skin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needle_gauge_comparison_chart

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

Hi panoslydios, owndoc single needle diameter is .25mm. As you can see from this link if you can somehow get a 31 to 34 gauge needle the diameter on those needles are .26mm or less. You could probably use them. I don't know how to get these. Maybe a doctor or pharmacy. I have never used the single needles so I don't have any personal experience with them. I would think because these kind of needles are a lot longer then owndoc sells you would have to fashion some kind of stop on the needle so it doesn't go too deep into your skin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needle_gauge_comparison_chart

those needles are long(4mm lengthat least )and also are supposed to last for a really short time period(they are like diabetic lancets).
Anyway thank you .I migh also find a way to cut needles of the dermastamp except of the very center one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Panoslydios, how long did it take you to flatten your scar?

Could you outline your treatment protocol?
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:51 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Panoslydios, how long did it take you to flatten your scar?

Could you outline your treatment protocol?

i could outlined everything but it would be betterto see the link below now.
I read the study at 15 march and begin treatment at 20 march or something.The scar has been most of it flat,scubbed and hyperemic,except of the center which is raised but everyday the corners
are being scubbed and get flatter and flatter.

PLEASE read the long post on this thread. http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/510
It has covered anything better than i could do here for you ,thats why i dont feel like to outline anything more.

What i am doing is take the tincture 2% and saturate it 2-4 times a day.I put enough amounts so a trickle is being made at the top.The skin will eat the trickle after 10 seconds.
If you keep doing this ,you will see the scar being scabbed and hyperemic,without any feeling of chemical burn or something.

Take the stuff man,it costs only 3 euros at the local pharmacy.
For the face use white iodine that doesnt stain
(but be careful cause you need concentrations like 2%).When i put the white iodine in my face the first time for a discoloured scar,it chealated the hell out of me and i was feeling a strong metallic taste).Iodine is essential.Trust me.My eyes got brighter after 2 weeks of iodine (DONT PUT THE STUFF IN THE EYES OF COURSE) cause it chelates the toxic cadmium and lead that accumulated at our retinal pigmental epithilium from the everyday unhealthy life,around toxic gases of industrial strength.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |