Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
sunscreen for under eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
can i use my normal sunblock or should i get one specifically for eye area? recommendations?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I've seen some good reviews for...I think it was called Bioderma Photoderm SPF 30 Eye Cream but I've been looking online to see where I can purchase it and I can't find it anywhere!
I usually use my face sunscreen under my eyes but I was looking for an eye cream with a good SPF too.
Alethea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shiseido's. A special cream with spf 30 for eyes. It's in their suncare line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I also use my face sunscreen under my eyes as well. Nothing terrilble happens Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
the eye concealer I am using has a SPF20... I suppose that should be enough coverage...
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I use my regular face sunscreen, either Sofina Perfec Lucent/Whitening or Sofina Rise right around the eye area and it does not cause any irritation. They are also SPF50
jess55
5% products discount

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Regular sunscreen should not be applied in your eye area. The eye area has a different PH from your regular skin and is more sensitive and prone to irritation. I have not used a sunscreen specifically for the eye area but I know that there are some on the market. I personal recommend to wear sunglasses each time you go out of the house. It's the best way of prevention.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I know many people do not like Clinique, but one of their SA's told me that cityblock SPF40 is ok to use around the eyes.
I've been using it for a while now and have not had any problems. It is also moisturizing, so I don't need another eyecream over or under it.

I don't think that the pH of the skin around your eyes is much different than the pH of the rest of the skin on your face. The skin on the face has a slightly acidic pH, I think around the range of 5.5-6.0.

The reason you should not use oil containing or irritating face or body products around your eyes is becuase the skin around your eyes is 10x thinner than the skin on the rest of your face. Some products that are not meant for the eye area may cause irritation to this area easier than it would the rest of your face. That does not mean how ever that you CAN"T use face products on your eyes- I use the same sunscreen on my eyes as I do on the rest of my face becuase it does not irritate the skin around my eyes.

But beware of oil containing products that may cause styes.

HTH!
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
i am using ddf protective eye cream spf15 right now, i used dermalogica total eye care with spf15 previously. i like ddf's eye cream better because it's lighter and less greasy than dermalogica's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Skin pH is 5.5, not different around the eyes. I haven't experienced any issues with my sunscreens even with long term use. A physical method like hats is always better than a topical approach, but I find sunglasses quite unpractical because I get breakouts easily when there is sweat/moisture build up behind the glasses.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I know sunglasses is good to protect from the UV rays. But you can't wear them indoors too. Also, it seems weird to wear sunglasses on say a cloudy day.

Those DDF or Dermalogica eye cream with SPF 15 doesn't really offer much protection in my opinion. Their PPD is like around 2 or less.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I use my regular sunscreen around the yes (Sofina). Any facial sunscreen that does not irritate the eyes should be fine. I also wear sunglasses when there is day light (even if no sun), but that is probably the result of m any years in front of a computer monitor - my eyes just became very sensitive to the light.

Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use Clarins Sun Control Stick for sensitive areas. I love it because it's practical (stick that fits in my make-up bag) and easy to apply: I can just dab it on... no rubbing required.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Those DDF or Dermalogica eye cream with SPF 15 doesn't really offer much protection in my opinion. Their PPD is like around 2 or less.

i agree. the protection is not fully adequate.

my main mean of sun protection is to avoid it. the spf in the eye cream is just extra icing on the cake along with my sunglasses (even in cloudy weather) and sun-avoidance.

even if i were to slab on spf 60 all over my body, i still avoid the sun and reapply as often as possible. my friends think i'm crazy when i did that in the dominican.Laughing

by the way, i'm interested to know how you arrived at the ppd value of 2?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
dsq, I checked their active ingredients in the CIBA sunscreen simulator. Here's the link.

https://www.ciba.com/formslogin.asp?/SUNSCREENSIMULATOR/Default.asp?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |