Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
A question for JUVEDERM users?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I'd appreciate others experiences here.
I have booked to have my first face work on Monday.
I went away not too sure about the Dr after the consult.
Basically I want filler along the NL and puppet lines. He says I will need a nerve numbing injection as well as the numbing cream. Has anyone else has a nerve numbing shot? I thought the cream was enough?
He also assured me that to do it properly would require 2 vials. This costs $650 for the first, with 20% off for the second. Is that necessary?
Lastly I asked if I could also have a bit of Botox around my crowsfeet, but he said he it would be better to do that separately at a later time?
If anyone here is in Melbourne, the clinicis called Kiora - anyone know anything about it?
I am nervous enough as it is. I don't want to overpay as well. Thanks Crying or Very sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I've never had the nerve block, just the cream (but sometimes I wish I had). I paid 350.00 per syringe, but it lasted way over a year, going on a year and a half now. One did my nasolabial lines and two tiny lip lines at the corners. I have my botox at the same time as my fillers always, saves me a trip.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, I might be overcharged. Might get more quotes. Confused
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Juliemarie. I have never paid more that $400 for Juvederm, and usually can find a special for $150. $650 is a lot!

Because I can't see the depth/size of the areas you want treated it's too difficult to assess how many vials you'll need. I suggest get one vial to start then, if it's not enough, and you like the outcome you can go back for more.

Regarding anesthetic, I ALWAYS want dental block for injection in lips, but n/l folds, etc. do just fine with topical cream only.
p.s. I prefer Juve to Restalyne, but I'm looking into Artefill because it's permanent.Best of luck to you, I think you'll be happy with your decision to use Juvederm.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have also been thinking about Juvederm! I live in a small town and the cost is $585/syringe. If you live in a larger city then you can shop for pricing. I wish I could find it at $350-450 range because I probably will need 2 syringe. Please let us know about your results after the treatment! Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I have had Restylane, Juvederm, and Juvederm Ultra Plus. (I like Ultra Plus the best - it lasts longest for me, and I get less swelling than with Restylane)

Juvederm and Ultra Plus do not come in the smaller tubes like Restylane (or at least my doctor doesn't carry them) - I have paid $650USD per tube of Ultra Plus.

You can definitely require 2 tubes, depending on the depth of your lines....a key question to ask is whether or not they save the rest for your next treatment (saving it is better for you).

As far as the nerve block, I would NEVER do lips without one, but I have had my marionette lines done without it, and it is not too bad. However, if you are having a ton of product (like 2 tubes) put in, you might be more comfortable with the block. Another option is a using a topical numbing cream before the injections.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I paid over $500 for one tube. I also had the dental block and am REALLY glad I did. I think it would have been VERY uncomfortable without it. I got mine 14 months ago and am still enjoying the results. Also, am sure Dr.'s charge more than some of the cheaper places that are around. Personally I would only want a trained Dr. to do it. Mine did a great job and was worth paying more for.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your great responses
Thought provoking.
I think what I can work out from your comments, is that I am paying a premium for using a DR, but that he will do a top notch job.
I now need tog et a couple of quotes today and work out of if the price difference is justified.
Think . I'll let you all know what happens!
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch! well I am sitting here with an icepack clamped to my face. I had my injections this morning and it really smarts.
I went for the dental blocker. I had the NL and puppets filled and had a very small 10 units of botox on the crowsfeet.
I didn't expect it to feel so painful after, and I swear I look like Heath Ledger's Joker. On one cheek I can even press it with my finger and a dent stays there! Is that normal?
Can't believe people go back to work after this Shock
I am taking arnica and have started applying cold packs. I will let you all know how it progresses!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! Juliemarie I am sorry you are in pain! Icepack should help quiet a bit. I hope you get wonderful results. Please keep us posted!
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Julie. Sorry for your discomfort. I hope things have improved today. Non-asprin pain reliever should help, in addition to the ice-pack. Keep us posted, we care.
annima
5% products discount

Sat May 03, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Julie,you'll be OK.I only had in NL(perfect) and went to work,it didn't hurt me at all.The Dr said it's best to be maid before the lines had turned into wrinkles,around my age(35),I would look so much younger now if it had not been for my eyes,the injections are not such success in this area,I didn't try,but a friend really suffered.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your kind responses - it really helps. It is 5 am on a Sunday morning here and I can't sleep, but it nearly 24 hours since injecting. My face is still so swollen that it looks distorted and doesn't seem to have done down at all. I am having lunch with my mum and sisters today, and boy are they in for a shock! I am actually embarrassed to be seen in public like this. The little bruises I can cover with makeup, but the swelling around the immediate site is hard and the swelling on the cheeks is like sacs of fluid.
I think it is important for those considering dermafiller to read this.
Also, I think I forgot to mention: when I spoke to the nurse, I changed my mind from Juvederm to Restalyne, because it has been in use longer - but I believe they are very similar products?
I haven't put any of my usual products on my face, in case I upset it more. And I am continuing to take arnica.
I am wondering if I may need to go to the doctor for a Cortisone shot next week?
Certainly, if it is still like this tomorrow morning, i will go back to the Ashley clinic where it was done and ask them to look at me. Sad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:

Also, I think I forgot to mention: when I spoke to the nurse, I changed my mind from Juvederm to Restalyne, because it has been in use longer - but I believe they are very similar products?

Juliemarie, they are indeed similar products, but having been injected with both many times, I can confirm that I get WAY more swelling with Restylane.

I do my Juvederm Ultra Plus injections on a Friday afternoon, stay inside on Saturday if there is any redness and small amount of swelling, and am generally presentable on Sunday. If I do regular Juvederm, I am presentable the very next day.

But if I do Restylane (which I don't use anymore), I would have to stay hidden for about 3 days. Confused

Do you have any topical arnica? The pills help, but the topical has been best for me. (I haved used it post-surgery, etc.) Keep the ice on...bags of frozen peas are often easiest to use, and conform well around your facial curves.

I hope you feel better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Goodness bethany, thanks for telling me! They certainly didn't mention that! Yesterday the area was so swollen I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat more than tiny mouthfuls (not a bad thing Laughing !)
It is less painful today, but I would describe it as an ache.
I will definitely go and buy some topical arnica asap. Thanks for the advice wave
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I plan to use Juvey for my TT in a week, and the Dr. only uses the anesthetic cream. Now ya'll have me so scared it will be painful. Crying or Very sad I plan on Sculptra for the NL lines, and same thing.

I hear it both ways, not bad, then very bad. I just don't know what to think anymore. Shock

I'd hate to sit in his chair and cry while he works.

But a couple of the Drs. who post on another forum says the cream alone is fine, except for maybe lips with certain fillers.

Since I hear the Juvey can last so long, I am thinking of going Juvey all the way though.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Hi Juliemarie. I have never paid more that $400 for Juvederm, and usually can find a special for $150. $650 is a lot!

Because I can't see the depth/size of the areas you want treated it's too difficult to assess how many vials you'll need. I suggest get one vial to start then, if it's not enough, and you like the outcome you can go back for more.

Regarding anesthetic, I ALWAYS want dental block for injection in lips, but n/l folds, etc. do just fine with topical cream only.
p.s. I prefer Juve to Restalyne, but I'm looking into Artefill because it's permanent.Best of luck to you, I think you'll be happy with your decision to use Juvederm.

WOW...I like those prices! If you live anywhere around Atlanta, let me know! Wink
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Gayle, make sure you put the cream on an hour prior. Only NOW am I finding out that my last minute change to Resty causes more swelling Bad Grin Still to the Juvey!

NB re the prices, ! am in Melbourne
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was quoted 750 per vial and this was on the phone. I'm in the midwest.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gayle. Sorry, I live in Connecticut. The price of $150 is for EACH AREA done. So, If I want my eyes done, it costs $300. ($150 per eye) But the 11's are only $150 whenever he runs a special.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
For me the resty causes so much more swelling, but it also always lumped around the injection site, sort of a keloid. That's why I switched to juvaderm. The juvaderm also lasts way longer and I found my collagen is actually binding to it as well. But for me, the juvaderm bruises more at the site, a small price to pay if I forget my arnica.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Juliemarie. How are you doing today? Is the swelling down? Less pain? I've been thinking of you.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
For me the resty causes so much more swelling, but it also always lumped around the injection site, sort of a keloid. That's why I switched to juvaderm. The juvaderm also lasts way longer and I found my collagen is actually binding to it as well. But for me, the juvaderm bruises more at the site, a small price to pay if I forget my arnica.

I got some tiny little lumps where they injected me in my marionette lines...after 2 years they are just now starting to go away! Shock

The Juvederm ULtra Plus is definitely the longest lasting for me.

I was considering ArteFill, but my sister sees a "Dermatologist to the Stars" in NYC, and he told her he will not even consider ArteFill due to the number of problems he said they are having with it.

I have also heard some scary things about people who have had to have chunks of Sculptra cut out of their skin. Confused

At the moment, I am letting all of my fillers dissipate and seeing if my LED and CP's can eliminate the need for them. It's not a pretty sight, but since I am 25lbs overweight I think the facial sag is the least of my worries, lol. If the other methods don't work, I figure I'll tackle it again when I get closer to my goal weight, sigh.

Juliemarie, I hope you are less puffy today!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

I got some tiny little lumps where they injected me in my marionette lines...after 2 years they are just now starting to go away! Shock

The Juvederm ULtra Plus is definitely the longest lasting for me.

I was considering ArteFill, but my sister sees a "Dermatologist to the Stars" in NYC, and he told her he will not even consider ArteFill due to the number of problems he said they are having with it.

I have also heard some scary things about people who have had to have chunks of Sculptra cut out of their skin. Confused

At the moment, I am letting all of my fillers dissipate and seeing if my LED and CP's can eliminate the need for them. It's not a pretty sight, but since I am 25lbs overweight I think the facial sag is the least of my worries, lol. If the other methods don't work, I figure I'll tackle it again when I get closer to my goal weight, sigh.

Juliemarie, I hope you are less puffy today!!

I know people who are having great success with the Artefill. It's not really new just new to the States. Like everything, I think this one has to do more with the person injecting. I've found that more Dr's are doing the actual injections of this because of it's permanency but unfortunatly, a lot of these Doc's don't do the other injections, leaving those to their nurses. I have to say, as pessimistic as it is, that there is some profit loss for the Doc's with the Artefill versus the Resty and lesser lasting injectables.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

I have read also Juvey has been found recently to have a tendency to do this.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |