Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Mom is 60yrs old, don't know what to buy her for Mothers Day
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Any type of products or items that would be an amazing present for someone her age? I cannot spend more then $110. Otherwise i'd love to buy her a clarisonic brush. But besides that, lol anything worth buying? Doesn't have to be on here (if you have something else in mind) Smile Thanks all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
How about a spa treatment? I'm 61 and I wouldn't mind receiving one myself for Mothers Day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
How about a spa treatment? I'm 61 and I wouldn't mind receiving one myself for Mothers Day.

It's an excellent idea except that she lives in an extremely small town hours away from me! I'm trying to call the only spa available and they won't even pick up the phone! haha

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
How about some Sothys day or night cream whichever she is more likely to use. Before I got so "knowledgeable" about skin care thru EDS, I was quite happy with Sothys Lift Defense Velours skin cream. It is very pleasant and moisturizes the skin. The Lift Defense Satin is slightly less rich, but I preferred the Velours. It is quite good and lasts a long time. I would still use it, but my skin is so healthy and normal, I don't need it.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am about your Mom's age. I would not like my daughter to pick out facial products for me. Yes, a spa treatment would be nice. Seeing this would not work for your Mother how about putting together a spa type basket. I was just looking at L'Occitane products. There is nothing nicer then pampering our body.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/l-occitane-skin-care-products.htm

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I am about your Mom's age. I would not like my daughter to pick out facial products for me. Yes, a spa treatment would be nice. Seeing this would not work for your Mother how about putting together a spa type basket. I was just looking at L'Occitane products. There is nothing nicer then pampering our body.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/l-occitane-skin-care-products.htm

I wish my mom was like you Winnie.... but unfortunately her idea of taking care of her skin is using really cheap crap from the grocery store. lol She just doesn't really get the whole skin care and makeup thing. I have tried teaching her, but for some reason she just can't be too bothered with it. Luckily, I found a spa that does do facials. So i'll do that for her and get her some perfume that she ran out of! Thanks for all your suggestions Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Here's some ideas this year I sent my mom......

Book.
Scented candles.
Olay face washes - she loves these.
50 pictures from our trip to Punta Cana in Jan.
2 face masks.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Luckily, I found a spa that does do facials. So i'll do that for her and get her some perfume that she ran out of! Thanks for all your suggestions

cortigirl, I am sure your mother will love your gift. She just might get hooked on facials. Smile Getting her a favorite perfume is always a brilliant idea.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm buying my mom a $100.00 gas card for mothers day. Nothin' says lovin' like free gas! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Can you do a bus or train ticket for $100.00? Nothing is more precious than time spent. Smile

Something that I used to do with my mum (she's been dead for 15 years and not a day goess by that I don't miss her!) is to have lunch or tea on the phone. Buy a calling card & you can talk for hours for $10.00. My mum was in the hospital & even though I was with her during the day, I would call her & have my night time tea or coffee & the nurses (nurses are awesome & hugely underpaid) would make one for her. I would turn off the tv & we would chat without distraction.
I later did this with my son while he was away in university. Not as often though because he would have disowned me Embarassed

First choice would be to see her if you can!
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I think flowers are always nice on Mother's Day. There are some gorgeous things from 1-800-Flowers that fit your price range. Flowers always let the person know that you're thinking of them and you can always plan a nice day for the two of you for the next time you see her.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
Can you do a bus or train ticket for $100.00? Nothing is more precious than time spent. Smile

Something that I used to do with my mum (she's been dead for 15 years and not a day goess by that I don't miss her!) is to have lunch or tea on the phone. Buy a calling card & you can talk for hours for $10.00. My mum was in the hospital & even though I was with her during the day, I would call her & have my night time tea or coffee & the nurses (nurses are awesome & hugely underpaid) would make one for her. I would turn off the tv & we would chat without distraction.
I later did this with my son while he was away in university. Not as often though because he would have disowned me Embarassed

First choice would be to see her if you can!

i am tearful now.i should call my mom more often Crying or Very sad

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |