Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Scar Marks Anyone??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you had any success removing marks from scars?

Today i was doing a close inspection of my face and i saw two marks on my cheeks about 1 cm long loooks most likely being scratched from nails either i done it in my sleeep sometime ago or my sister did this to me Shock

but hell i totally want to get rid of this. The two marks are very light but closely is visible. I am one that does not wear makeup so im not looking for an option of hiding them temporarily via makeup.

So back to the question have any of you had any success with removing scar marks due to possibly scratches among other things. i would thing quite deep scars maybe hard to remove but what about lighter ones? Or is it not possible at all?

The thing that comes to my mind at the moment is peels and possibly bio oil???.

but has anyone had any success with anything? If so how long did it take?

thnx for any feedback Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Simran~

I used Bio oil when I scrapped up my left shin pretty bad a while back after chasing my dog. I noticed that it did help lighten the scar. I had a scar that was about 2inx2in in diameter, but it was significantly reduced. However, I did start using bio oil religiously as soon as the scabs fell off, so I don't know if that's the reason or if it really does work that well! I think bio oil helped my scar reduce in size, now it's a lot lighter and smaller. And yes, it is my shin so you really can't notice it that much. You could probably give Bio Oil a try, I bought mine at Walgreens. I used it for about a month before stopping, and that could be the reason too. I don't know how long you've had the scars, but that could be a factor too. I still think Bio Oil could be an option it worked for me (but please remember my scars were new). It wont drain the pocketbook because I don't think it was expensive at all at Walgreens. Hope I was helpful!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 3:04 am      Reply with quote
You should try Dermatix its great and EDS have it. I tried bio oil for months until the pharmacist recommended Dermatix and my scar healed not only is it flat but white and not red and raised like it was. You have to be patient and put it on every night I can't remember when I noticed the difference but it was pretty quick results. I do not know where you live but the price of that here was 60e and much cheaper on EDS
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
You can get hydroquinone 4% from your dermatologist. I think is usually covered if you have insurance all you pay is the co-pay, or its like $30 for a full tube without insurance. If you are from Canada, I don't think you need a prescription. My dermatologist prescribed it for scars, and you put it on twice a day until the scar fades. I mean you don't want to use it long term. Basically most of the Obagi products contain this as their main ingredient.

I used it one a few scars, like acne scars on my face, mosquito bites I got from a trip, and scratches from my friends cat. So far so good on those, and it usually takes at least 2-4 weeks for results.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend emu oil or vit. E oil as they promote healing. The pharmacies also sell silicon strips to place over scars that are supposed to work. Another method that seems to help with scars is the dermaroller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Dermatix is silicon based you should enquire about it as I used emu oil and bio for ages total waste of money
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Different types of scares should be treated in different ways.

Hypertrophic scars (the raised type) can be treated with silicone gel or silicone sheets. It's said to decrease the size of the scar and reduce the redness. I plan on ordering Dermatix scar gel with silicone and ester C in my next EDS-order in order to treat some small, raised scars on my legs.

Hypotrophic scars (depressions like acne and chicken pox scars) can be treated with cps, emu oil, rose hip oil or vit E oil in order to build tissue. Honestly, I don't know how much these oils will help you, but quite a few have reported on improvements with cps. You can also take a look at Boskis before- and after-pictures in the "302 Skincare"-thread on the reviews forum. Her acne scars and marks improved significantly with 302 Skincare products.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Septembergirl!

Lola - also thanks to youfor the info about Dermatix. I'm going to get some from EDS when I place an order. I like the idea of using a gel v. a sheet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

Hypertrophic scars (the raised type) can be treated with silicone gel or silicone sheets. It's said to decrease the size of the scar and reduce the redness. I plan on ordering Dermatix scar gel with silicone and ester C in my next EDS-order in order to treat some small, raised scars on my legs.

Hypotrophic scars (depressions like acne and chicken pox scars) can be treated with cps, emu oil, rose hip oil or vit E oil in order to build tissue. Honestly, I don't know how much these oils will help you, but quite a few have reported on improvements with cps. You can also take a look at Boskis before- and after-pictures in the "302 Skincare"-thread on the reviews forum. Her acne scars and marks improved significantly with 302 Skincare products.

HTH Smile

Thanks for breaking that down for me, I couple of raised acars on my face from really bad break-outs that really bother me. I'm going to look into Dermatix to try and smooth them out! Thanks! Smile

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome, lunarmm and Disco-man. Wink

I will just like to add that the natural oils I mentioned might be used on raised scars (f. ex. after surgery), as well. I know that some people have reported on improvement and flattening of scars from using oils. I believe that you have to be very diligent and use oils for several months to get a slight improvement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

HTH Smile

Hi, could you tell me what is cps? Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think here cps = copper peptides

For more info on copper peptides, do a search on EDS or check out the info atwww.skinbiology.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I think here cps = copper peptides

For more info on copper peptides, do a search on EDS or check out the info atwww.skinbiology.com

Hi, I know copper peptides, but I remembered the short name of it is CP. I think this is basically for anti-aging, anti-oxidation. I have no idea it will help heal scars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link with information about scar treatment with strong CPs (copper peptides) and hydroxy acids.

http://www.scar-reduction.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone thanks for your feedback. I will try some of the things mentioned here. I think the mark has been there for a couple of months. Just one thing though its not like a raised skin type of scar. I dunno how to explain it but the skin is dented inwards where the marks are. The best way to explain is on your inner wrist just press your nail against the skin and your skin will dent slight inwards where you have pressed the nail and thats the size of the mark as well as how it looks so not exactly raised Confused

thats why at first i thought maybe it was some temporary marks from the pillow or something while sleeping on that side of the face

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
hi everyone thanks for your feedback. I will try some of the things mentioned here. I think the mark has been there for a couple of months. Just one thing though its not like a raised skin type of scar. I dunno how to explain it but the skin is dented inwards where the marks are. The best way to explain is on your inner wrist just press your nail against the skin and your skin will dent slight inwards where you have pressed the nail and thats the size of the mark as well as how it looks so not exactly raised Confused

thats why at first i thought maybe it was some temporary marks from the pillow or something while sleeping on that side of the face

Simran, can you post here and let us know how it goes? I have a few visible scars from black fly bites on my stomach and lower back that I would like to get rid of. I tried healing them with polysporin but there are still marks 1 year later. Sad They are about the size of a pencil eraser and slightly darker than my skin tone - I'm failry pale. I might try tanning and see if it makes them less visible...
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
simran and chan - it seems like both of you have more depression-like scars. Then silicone gel is not likely to help - though it might be helpful in reducing the redness. In addition to the treatments suggested above, one can try retinol.

I have also heard that red LED light can be beneficial for scars. I don't have any knowledge about LED (and the threads on this forum are sooo long). It would be interesting to hear if anybody have had success with using the home LED devices for scar treatment, and which types of scars that possibly can be improved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Here're some helichrysum recipes for scars I saved to a Word document on my hard drive from my search on helichrysum a while ago (I did not save the link to the source though):

Quote:
Helichrysum Recipes

Try using Helichrysum Italicuum to help fade under eye circles. Be sure to dilute in the carrier oil of your choice and be very careful around the eyes. You'll need very little so dilute well.

A body oil mixed with two ounces of sweet-almond oil, ten drops of helichrysum oil and five drops of rose-geranium oil leaves the skin soft and smooth. The oil is said to protect skin from drying and help relieve psoriasis. Massage the oil into the skin immediately after a shower or bath to enhance absorption.

The antispasmodic and expectorant properties of Helichrysum oil is said to help relieve congestions, loosen mucus and soothe coughs. Blend three drops each of Helichrysum, Eucalyptus an Frankincense oils in two tablespoons of sweet-almond oil. Massage the blend onto the entire chest area.

Gum Inflammation - Helichrysum has a powerful anti-inflammatory action that can alleviate gum inflammation. Mix one drop of Helichrysum oil in one half teaspoon of which-hazel extract. Dip your toothbrush into the blend, and gently rub over the inflamed areas.

Old Scars A combination of Everlasting (Helichrysum) and Sage Will help old scars and slow healing wounds. Apply 3-6 months for old scars or 2x/day for 10 days on recent wounds.
• Everlasting 1 ml
• Sage 1 ml
• Rose Hip seed oil 15 ml (1/2 oz.)
• Hazelnut Oil 15 ml (1/2 oz.)

Please note
Some oils can cause sensitization or allergic reactions in some individuals. When using a new oil for the first time, do a skin patch on a small area of skin. Place a small amount of the diluted essential oil on the inside of your elbow and apply a bandage. Wait 24 hours to see if there is a reaction. Discontinue use if there is any form of reaction.

Proceed carefully and with guidance if the following conditions exist :

Pregnancy, you may want to avoid all essential oils during your pregnancy.High blood pressure, epilepsy, open wounds, diabetes, rashes, neurological disorders, doctor prescribed medications or homeopathic remedies. Do not apply undiluted to the skin, dilute in a pure vegetable carrier oil.For treatments of health ailments, please seek diagnosis and recommendations from a licensed medical practitioner.

These safety guidelines are not a complete safety reference for the proper use of essential oils. When in doubt, consult your physician and/or a qualified and trained aromatherapy practitioner.

Use Helichrysum for: Wounds and scar tissue - Helichrysum is the oil of choice for healing scar tissue, whether from a recent wound, operation, or tissue that has been scarred for years. It stops bleeding, helps a scab to form and tissue to repair itself. It can be added to a carrier oil and applied to stretch marks, acne scars, surgical scars, and wounds of all kinds.

Sore Muscles
Make a massage oil for sprains, strains, aching muscles and arthritic joints. Mix two drops each of helichrysum, lavender and clary-sage essential oils in two tablespoons of sweet -almond oil. Massage into affected areas.

*CAUTION*
Helichrysum oil should NOT be used by children younger than 12 or by pregnant women. Also, helichrysum essential oil can evoke powerful emotions in some individual and should therefore be used in moderation.

Bruises
The essential oil Helichrysum applied to new bruises will usually prevent them from forming. The oil is known to prevent swelling and discoloration. Dilute for use on skin.

Skin Care
Add two to three drops of Helichrysum to your favorite skin care products. It has remarkable effects on sensitive and inflamed skin. More anti-inflammatory than German Chamomile, more tissue regenerating than Lavender, more cicatrisant (helping the formation of scar tissue) than Frankincense.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Kosmea Rose Hip Oil (Organic) for about 3 months on a scar on my forehead. It has faded quite a bit- although its still visible. I love how it feels & it doesn't break me out.
I also tried Bio Oil- which was ok. it faded the scar substantially but made my forehead oily.

If you've got dryer skin you could get away with Bio Oil but if your skin is normal to oily give Rose Hip Oil a try. YOu won't see overnight results but if the scar isn't too deep it will fade it substantially.
Lara M

Sun May 11, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
My sister was in a car accident and ended up with a nasty scar on her face. She had great results from using vitamin E oil on it daily.

I hope this helps!
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Besides the excellent advise already given a couple of things that seem to help from MUA forum are AHA (in particular Alpha Hydroxy gel - cheap from the DS if you can find it.) This did help me with a pimple dark spot.

Also Nuetrogena has a product out called Acne Fade Mask or something similar. It is about $30.00 cdn. It was a rave product on MUA when it first came out. This contains BHA.
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Try emu-oil. I heard it's good for healing scars
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I dont want to use CPs as i have read here some users have had bad experiences. Just saw Avalange's pic in the other thread. I am only 23 so wudnt it make my skin worser?? Confused As that was the reason that was given to her that it doesnt work properly or so on younger skin? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
I dont want to use CPs as i have read here some users have had bad experiences. Just saw Avalange's pic in the other thread. I am only 23 so wudnt it make my skin worser?? Confused As that was the reason that was given to her that it doesnt work properly or so on younger skin? Shock

It's perhaps safer to stick with retinol, acids or try one of the oils suggested.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Also if your skin isn't prone to break outs give bio oil a try. It's cheap & even if it doesn't work you can always use it in a bath or after shaving.. The worst feeling is when you spend a lot of $ and it doesn't work. I've been thorough a lot of scar fading lotions and oils and I know how disaponting it can be Sad

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |