Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
HELP - I'm too young for deep laugh lines!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Selina

Tue May 06, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for your help! I'm only 22 and I have laugh lines that are already creeping down to my chin! I doubt anyone else notices them as much as I do, but I am very bothered by them. Otherwise, I've got good, wrinkle-free, 22-y-o skin, I think. My laugh lines are probably due to weight-loss, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything I can do to diminish their appearance? I definitely am not up for Botox or plastic surgery, but if there exists a topical that would work, I'd love to hear about it!! I'm wondering if Bio-Oil would work for laugh lines? Any suggestions or recommendations would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Selina
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Before I even read through your post I immediately thought of weight loss. At your young age I believe that your face will get back to normal with good eating habits, lots of water and fresh air. My daughter is very thin. Although older then you it shows in her face. She wears a size 3. Are you under weight?

I don't think Bio Oil is the answer. Please tell us your skin type. For sure wear a good sunscreen.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Selina, you are absolutely correct about not getting botox, filler etc. You are too young and do not need have any loss of elasticity or sagging issues. Winnie is correct about lots of water. Eating good food and maintaing a weight normal for your height is important. I would add a moisturizer and suncreen and a good multivitamin everday!
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, you are should not only get away from botox et al, but also stay away from some anti-aging products.

With good habits, after a while you will be fine. And you can try to use some hydrating products which will make your skin comfortable and repair itself. Sunscreen is always something to wear during lifetime.

Besides these, a good cream or serum with repair function might be another choice. La Mer is one, it is very fundemental, so you don't need to worry about overage skincare. Others, you can try some sensitive skincare products, they should make your skin happy, at least not uncomfortable.

Another you could try is massage, however, I don't know how it works, you can ask people at this forum.

Wed May 07, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again everyone! Thanks for all the suggestions!! Winnie, I thought I would let you know that I am not underweight, and that my skin is very fair and very sensitive, if that makes any difference. I use Clinique's 3-step system (number 1) and their sumscreen (spf 25), if that helps to know. Thank you all again!!

Selina
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Forget botox- you are way too young!
1. Drink more watter
2. Try to walk/exercise outside
3. Exfoliate with a good gentle exfoliant
4. Try facial exercise
5. Use a mask
6. Moisturise-, moisturise & moisturise some more!

Best of luck!
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed with seno. In addition, try massaging your face and do some face exercise, drink some green tea will also help. I used clinique a long time ago but you can also use dermalogica.
sleepylily
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you could also try Clarins Shaping Facial Lift. My friend says it's effective.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have a laugh line on one side of the mouth from early 20-ties... from face expressions I think Brick wall

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
i just wanted to say in relation to the bio oil I tried that on my laugh lines (I'm only 21 so they are not too deep -it seems to be from heavy make-up.
Anyway it broke me out bit so I stopped it straight away. But a few of my gf's who've gone through pregnancy have said it works miracles on stretch marks and scars (totally irrelevant but I will defenetly use it when I'm pregnant).
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 36 and have one laugh line just barely starting, and such small eye wrinkles that probably only I notice them. I attribute this to using Oil of Olay Regenerist serum at night, and vitamine C serum with HA serum in the mornings.
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Diana P,
Why do you mix the HA serum with the vitamin c? I have both products but I was unsure of when to use HA. I'm 38 and have those lovely smile lines around my eyes and would love to improve them and keep other lines from popping up. (is that even possible?) Idea
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
i think you should do the massage on your face, in this way your langh line maybe diminished.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
bodiukein wrote:
Diana P,
Why do you mix the HA serum with the vitamin c? I have both products but I was unsure of when to use HA. I'm 38 and have those lovely smile lines around my eyes and would love to improve them and keep other lines from popping up. (is that even possible?) Idea

I don't actually mix the HA with the vitamin c. I apply the vit c, wait a couple minutes then apply one drop of HA. I find the HA helps to hydrate and plump up the skin. I use Cellex-C for both. I've read that some people notice a stinging sensation when they apply vit c and prefer buffered forms with the HA mixed in, such as PSF. I've tried the PSF serum and it's nice too.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
massage can help, also you can use a better moisturizer which can pump up the cell of your face, and disappear the line.
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:56 am      Reply with quote
What exactly do you mean by massage? I've heard of body massages. Is a facial massage sorta the same thing?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |