Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
RAVE- DIY home made defrizz spray
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have been using for a while the best potion ever to keep my hair hydrated, soft, untangled and wonderful!

This is the original recipe:

Leave in spray to defrizz

WHAT YOU NEED:

-2 tbsp aloe gel or juice (organic)
-1 tsp jojoba oil

-spring water

OPTIONAL:
-10 drops essential oil (the one you like the most)
-1 tsp of vegetable glycerin

This makes 4oz (125ml) of spray

HOW TO DO IT:

Put aloe & jojoba into a measuring cup. Fill the rest of the way to the 4oz mark with spring water (you can also use tap water, but my water is hard so I use bottled stuff). Add essential oils of your choice. Pour into a spray bottle and use as often as you like. I use it as a detangler when I comb my hair after showering, and to freshen up my hair between washes It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and takes away a lot of frizz without leaving my hair greasy or feeling dirty.

I don't just use it on my hair. Here are some other uses:

* If you omit the essential oils, it is a wonderful eye makeup remover. Just spritz on a cotton pad and swipe away your makeup.
* Keep it in the fridge in the summer for a refreshing moisturizing spritz after coming in from the sun.
* Spritz on your legs and use it for shaving if you're in a rush and have no time to shower.

I got the original recipe almost a year ago.
I have been using it regularly in my hair.
I use the aloe vera gel and could not find vegetable glycerin but I used regular one instead and seems to work ok.

RESULTS:
After few months of regular use, my poor bleached hair (from someone who actually killed named an "stylist") was nicely recovering.
It does not work only as an immediate defrizz but I have noticed that the texture and quality of my hair has improved a lot since I use it.

If you like the wet look, you can use a bit more of this mist to achieve that fresh look without losing the motion of the hair.
It works great to keep your hair when you wear pony tails or other hairdos.

WARNING: it is not a protection from heaters or irons, so if you use them: Stile your hair first and then apply this magical potion.

I do not want to take any credit for something that is not mine.
You can see this wonderful recipe here http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277
(THNKS to kimberly)
and many others at the long hair community boards.

I hope you like it as I do!

ETA: I forgot to add that if instead spring water I use roses water or jasmin water or any other water with floral essence I do not need to add any essential oil and my hair smells wonderfully!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just in time for the Humid Northeast summer. Thanks
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you much for this recipe, I am going to give it a try tomorrow.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:29 am      Reply with quote
You are very welcome.
I hope your hair likes it as does mine! Very Happy
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I did try this, but the jojoba oil did not get homogenized with the aloe gel and rose water. It needs some kind of wax or lecithin to make an emulsion. So far, I skipped the jojoba oil, and just added seamollient instead of the jojoba oil.
So, my recipe is 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel, 2 tsp of seamollient, rose water to make 4 oz.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Weird! Did you always shake it before use it?

I have not done the recipe without the glycerin. Maybe that is the key ingredient to mix all the others...

Anyway, thanks to report your variation, sounds great! Smile
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I could not homogenize the things together, so I ended up with the jojoba oil floating on the top, and simple shaking would not do it, but I like the one mixture that I came up with. I just added 1 tsp of silk amino acids to it.
vanilya

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:23 am      Reply with quote
i have tryed this and it works wonderful, thanks for sharing.

on the other hand, how do you remove your eye make up with it? it didn't work at all for me. i tried adding castor oil and again, all my make up was still there and i do not use waterproof stuff...
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for this simple and easy to do recipe. I am going to try it.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:54 am      Reply with quote
To be honest I have not used as an make up remover or anything else, just as a defrizz spray.
But that was the original recipe and I copied and pasted as it was.

It works great for my hair though.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
This is the latest about frizz control in a very very simple way:

Quote:
The recipe in this thread was not designed to be a frizz control recipe. This was a most fortuitous "accident". That does not however, make mariika's recipe any less brilliant and unique. The recipe makes perfect sense and the keys are the amount of and the constituents of the ingredient lemon juice, used to the amount of water.

When waxy conventional ingredients, silicone, or natural coating oils or butters, or combinations of them, prevent the hair from absorbing moisture vapour, you can get less to no frizz. However, the hair can become drier over time.

Mariika's recipe looks to me like a far better frizz control solution than trying to block out moisture from hair with those ingredients, that can be difficult to remove without clarifying. The recipe is also much more economical and hair friendly to use. Based on reports, it works even better than traditional frizz fighting products, including vinegar rinses, without drying out the hair or irritating the scalp. And it easily washes out of the hair with shampoo.

The frizz fighting has been reported to last between shampoos. There have been no reported problems of the rinse being less effective when it is left in the hair and the hair is then towel dried or when the recipe has been rinsed out very well.

Reports on how well mariika's recipe works are being posted in the thread. I can see no downside to this recipe at all.

Mariika's recipe is 50 ml fresh lemon juice (reconstituted lemon juice from concentrate has been reported to work well too) to 5 - 6 litres of tap water.
This works out to 1 teaspoon lemon juice to 500 ml of tap water or 1 teaspoon lemon juice to 17 oz of tap water U.S., 1/2 teaspoon to 250 ml of tap water, or 1/2 teaspoon to 8.5 oz of tap water U.S., or a bit more water based on 6 litres of tap water.

For those without metric measurment or U.S. measurement, it is 1 teaspoon lemon juice to 34 tablespoons of tap water or 1/2 teaspoon to 17 tablespoons of tap water, or a bit more tap water, based on 6 litres of tap water. Metric Conversion

Mariika's recipe is used after shampoo and conditioner as a final rinse. Leave in the hair or rinse out lightly.
Thread tips
1. Strain the lemon juice through a tea strainer into the tap water to remove pulp and any seeds or seed bits
and stir.
2. Pour the mix into a washed out shampoo bottle to take into the shower or apply standing over a sink.
3. Make sure to thoroughly cover all of the hair with the rinse.

http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2010/08/another-cost-effective-innovation-by.html

Two rinses so far and my hair loves it!
sharonw

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Great recipe!
I use VE oil instead of jojoba, lavender water instead of water, the smell is from lavender water is really nice.
i spray it on my super frizzy just washed and dry hair, the next day my hair feels very smooth and calms down a bit.It's the 3rd day, my hair still feels clean, it doesn't attract dust and get me greasy and itchy like the most defrizzy lotions.totally love it.
Thanks very much.

I'm going to try mix this with Dr Bronner's magic soap liquid 1:1 as shampoo, see how the result will be.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |