Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
feeling sick after hair vitamins...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Jrob

Fri May 09, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I started taking the calif/natural hair vitamins, and I feel very nauses after I take one. I was wonderng if anyone else has exp this and if its normal.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
cannot comment on the particular one your are taking, but I have had this happen with other vitamins and supplements- check the expir. date first to make sure it is good, other than that there are some things i just cannot take, but with the multitude of ingredients am not sure just which one causes this reaction- by the way I have been actually sick for hours when this happens. (One of the culprits was a hair vitamin but I cannot remember which brand now.)

Another thought, sometimes when starting something new, especially with herbals you need to start slow and build up to the full dose.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
You may be reacting to something in them. Does it indicate they should be taken with food or on an empty stomach? I'm not familiar with the product, but even though I'm a huge believer in supplements, I also know there's a lot of crap out there. Hope you feel better soon.
havana8

Fri May 09, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
By chance, did you take them on an empty stomach?Maybe try taking them during a meal or 15 minutes before or after eating.
Jrob

Fri May 09, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replys. And no it doesnt say anything about taking them with food, and have taken them with food, so I dont know. The sick feeling doesnt last that long I just want to make sure its a normal exp.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
B Vitamins make me nauseous, too. I take them at bedtime, if I take them, so I go to sleep and don't feel it!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Jrob wrote:
I started taking the calif/natural hair vitamins, and I feel very nauses after I take one. I was wonderng if anyone else has exp this and if its normal.

Would you mind sharing the ingredients list?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Zinc makes me nauseous and the B vit make my stomach hurt
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I think certain vitamins have this effect b/c there may be some ingredients in the vit. that doesn't settle well w/a certain individual. I know that when I take Centrium multi-vit. it makes me extremely nauseous, and therefore I don't take it b/c I don't know exactly which ingredient in the vitamin that is causing this. I used to take it after a meal, and it still made me nauseous. Like some people have mentioned here, it may be something that isn't working for you in terms of ingredients.
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I can't take any multivitamins without being nauseous! My doctor figured it was the form of iron in the majority of them, so i finally found a multivitamin by Genuine Health, but only after 3 days I am feeling sick again Sad So what the heck?? I take it on a full stomach too - I think some people are just more sensitive.
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
In the vitamin class, I remember our prefessor said each nutrient has its own upper limition for the usage dose. Sorry can not get the exact # now (I am a bad student Sad ).
That is why when I checked some supplement recipe, the gradients dose sometime are shocking me, they are really too high.
My advise is be careful to purchase things like that. Maybe ask your doctor before you take.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I suggest taking any vitamins with food. I am assuming as these are hair vitamins that these contain Biotin (a B vitamin). The food helps vitamins absortb better.

Biotin has been suggested to sped up hair growth on Makeupalley many times over the years.

The only supplement I take on an empty stomach is probotics (for digestion). It says to take on an empty stomach right on the label.

Also on a couple of my bottles it suggests NOT taking your vitamins the same time as medication.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
This has been really interesting- I thought it was just a wierd reaction developing all of a sudden, getting sick after taking my daily vitamins, interesting to see I am not the only one.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
It might be that the particular brand you are taking just isn't right for your body. We are all different at the end of the day and some times a general multi might make one person feel wonderful, but another feel ill.

I had this in the past taking a specific brand type vitamin for skin, and it used to make me feel like vomiting within a very short space of time after it. I stopped taking it, and felt wonderful. Its just that the particular combination or strengths of the one I was taking just wasn't right for my particular body.

Sean
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
May I ask if any of you ladies who experience nausea after ingesting vitamins have a bloated stomach? I have been researching this and learned that some of us have low stomach acid (Hypochlorydria) that can lead to bloating, slow or malabsorbtion of food, fatigue, inability to metabolize vitamins and nutrients, heartburn, acid reflux, dry, brittle nails and hair. I have ALL of these symptons and get very sick to my stomach after taking vitamins. I have ordered some Betaine hydrochloride capsules from Twinlabs which are supposed to help. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
That is interesting Determined- I do have problems with bloating occasionally- I have learned to be careful about what I eat and when, that seems to help. The nausea from vitamins was new to me this year, and from one I had been taking for several months, but suddenly, everytime I would try to take it again I spent the morning violently ill.
would be interested to hear how things go for you.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |