Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Va va voom makeup tips for a glamour event HELP please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Okay all ye knowledgeable ladies on the forum please help me get gorgeous for an important evening event! I will be emcee and for many parts of the night my face will be on screen for all to see!

I usually wear brown eyeshadow and black eyeliner, nude lips and a light hand of blush. My evening makeup is usually just a brighter lipstick and more blush. I will be wearing an aqua dress for the event. I've decided to wear some colour on my eyes and have bought a jar of Shiseido cream-powder eyeshadow in a shimmery blue-green shade that matches my outfit perfectly. Now do I need anything else? I've read up on shimmer powders like LM Brightening Powder and BB Shimmerbrick Compacts but I don't know how to use them.

I need makeup tips that would make me look extra dazzling. Please help! TIA Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Somebody? Anybody?

Or can you provide a link where I can get info on glamour event makeup tips?

There's a ton on the Internet but none that answers my questions...

TIA!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I can't help you with any tips, but maybe try makeup alley. They have a makeup board and I think they would be able to give you good tips. HTH.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, my tips...don't go overboard. If you look toomade up, then you will not look natural. My suggestion, go ahead and use your new shimmer shadow, I would use the black liner as well, but try lining your inner eye with a soft pink pencil. This will make your eyes stand out. As far as the brightening powder you can use it for two things. One, once all your makeup is applied, dust your face (all over) with the brightening powder, it always makes you look awake. Also dust your chest area. Use a Q-Tip and applying some of the brightening powder in the corner of your eyes as well. (light) though. Best Wishes, have a great time! Smile

5% products discount

Mon May 12, 2008 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sent PM, hope you get it! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I think you haven't got a lot of answers, because it would take forever to write out what you need to know.

Sounds like you'll be in a stage-type environment. The lights used when you are being filmed can wash you out. (I'm a dancer/performer, and my hubbie is a filmmaker).

You will want to wear more makeup than you normally do. Nude and natural colors will just disappear. The old rule of strong makeup on either eyes or lips does not apply. You'll want all of your features to stand out. At a minimum, use black eyeliner, black mascara, a contouring blush, and a flattering strong lipstick.

Google "special event makeup application." Check out this site for tips:

http://cosmetic-makeovers.com/category/make-up

http://cosmetic-makeovers.com/2006/11/17/how-to-apply-eyeshadow

Since this is a special occasion, you might consider a touch of sparkle. All over glitter can be too much, but just a small touch or even a dot in the outside corners of eyes can really make eyes pop. If using a dry glitter, wet the brush with a little Visine to apply it. The Visine will make it stay in place.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
P.S., Don't try to shimmer everywhere. A little shimmer goes a long way. Pick just one or two highlighting places.

A long-last gloss is nice for lips lightly applied over the lipstick.

Be sure to check teeth just before you begin.

Use Visine before applying makeup. Effects last for 4 to 8 hours. (Do not use Visine regularly, but it can really make a difference for special occasions.)

Powder face shortly before you start to avoid harsh shine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the replies!

rileygirl I did go to MUA before you mentioned it but its not easy sifting through the makeup board!

bergquis, Rockalilly and Jeannine, those are awesome tips (Jeannine the links are extremely helpful thanks! Very Happy) I am making my skin raw with experimenting and practicing with makeup applications every night Razz But a good mask afterwards really does help to soothe my face (thanks Rockalilly!).

Hope I manage to do it right when the time comes(I have about a week and a half to practice)!

System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |