Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Advice To Pep Up My Skin? LEDs?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all, my first post! I'm in the UK.

I'm 36 now, and spent most of my 20s battling mild to moderate acne. Nowadays my combination skin is clear and I want to address mild scarring and facial toning. The texture of the skin on my forehead is particularly poor.

I've used sunscreen for years so I'm relatively wrinkle-free.

For a week I've used a Cleo Q I bought from ebay to help my skin tone, too early to mention results yet!..but I'll keep you posted.

I ordered Retin-A online to help my skin texture/scarring.

Should I try an LED too? Are they good for skin resurfacing? Baby Quasar is tempting, but too pricey.

There's a Beauty Works Skin-Lite Photon Therapy Light Unit (phew) on sale here for about £60, which sounds similar. Has anyone tried it?

Any advice about supplements/gadgets/topical treatments would be very welcome.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
LJK, welcome to the forum!

Retin A is never a bad place to start...here is a thread with some quick tips on using it most effectively:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29138&highlight=retina+inserts

An LED will certainly enhance whatever skincare routine you put in place, but I personally believe you need both. I would suggest one with amber/red/infra-red wavelengths...ProLight (I have this one) and the Anti-Aging LightStim are both options. And if you do still have acne breakouts, I noticed that LightStim now has a light out that has both red and blue lights together, though I am not sure if it has amber.

I have not personally looked at the Photon lights, so I can't speak to how powerful they are (or are not). It essentially comes down to the amount of light energy that is absorbed by by the skin in order to make rejuvenating changes. Some powerful lights deliver the recommended joules more quickly than others, so the treatment times are shorter...others are weaker, and take longer to deliver the same amount of energy.

You will see a number of threads on the first page of the Skincare Tools forum to help you pick the best light for you.

I hope that helps!

bethany

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, Bethany. I've narrowed it down to two LCD units, the Prolight Platinum or the Baby Quasar. Still nervous about coughing up £200+ though.

At the moment I'm going to try Retin-A along with a skin roller, and see how I get on. Skin rolling sounds like it gives real results, it's quite exciting! If only I knew all this years ago.

Acne-wise I get the odd spot (or zit Smile ) but nothing like what I used to get.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "CP" mean? I see it mentioned all over these forums.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Ah, I worked it out, CP = copper peptides. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Bethany. I've narrowed it down to two LCD units, the Prolight Platinum or the Baby Quasar. Still nervous about coughing up £200+ though.

LJK, you are certainly welcome. One thing to consider between the 2 units is whether or not you feel you need the the amber wavelengths.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
For scarring and skin tone, my first recommendation would definitely be the dermaroller - above .75mm (the ones below are more to enhance product penetration). There is plenty of dermaroller info and threads to read here at EDS!

LEDs are good for plumping up skin and improving skin tone. Both the Anti-Aging LightStim and ProLight look good for the price.

BTW, what's a Cleo Q?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I can't post links yet as I'm new. Cleo Q is an electrical muscle stimulation device for toning, which you place on different areas with adhesive electrode pads.

You'll see them listed on ebay UK.

I'm trying to think of a US equivalent, er, not sure! Confused

Over two weeks so far and my face looks and feels firmer already.

PS- Thanks for your reply lunarmm, I've joined the rollergirls! (0.25mm and 1.5mm, bought on ebay). I've posted elsewhere asking what to use pre and post-rolling.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Congrats on joining the rollergirls, ljk!

I just have the original Leaf & Rusher dermaroller (.25mm) but am about to bump up Bad Grin

You can always try icing your face to "numb" it. And, I know some people don't use anything with the 1.5mm. You could try it and see if you need something more Shock Of course, I wouldn't recommend anything I wouldn't try myself

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
PS- Thanks for your reply lunarmm, I've joined the rollergirls! (0.25mm and 1.5mm, bought on ebay).

Me too...the clinical collagen regeneration results were just too compelling for me, sigh. I got the .5mm and the 1.5mm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to this forum, I'm currently Dermarolling (though waiting for Lidocaine as the Dr Rollers sting more!). Waiting on a Dermawand and Anti-Aging Lightstim too.

Retin-A definitely helps firm up my skin, though perhaps the Cleo Q is working in tandem with it. The Retin-A/Dermaroller helps keep my pores unclogged too. Very Happy

On the subject of the Cleo Q (if anyone in the UK is reading), I've had it over a month and one of the leads has stopped working already! I'd hardly say I abused it. £10 for a new lead. Grr! Sad

Does anyone know where I can get Cleo Q spares/electrodes/Tac Gel or Tensive Gel cheaper? The "official" site is quite pricey. Worth a try! Laughing
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Now that the dermarollers are back in stock there, I have a 3-pack fromwww.dermarollers.us on the way: a .25mm, .5mm, and 1.5mm. Laughing $156 for all three with free S&H [25% sale + 20% Code 248f3 discount (code deadline probably extended because they were out of stock)].

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |