Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermalogica mystery bottle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I have got hold of a product called Dermalogica professional age smart complex. On the package it says "For professional use only" (we are all professionals due to EDS education, aren't we?).

I tried to google the product, but didn't find any information on the benefits of the serum or what it's supposedly good for. On the package it says to press the serum into skin prior to using a Dermalogica mask. On the bottle it says to press it into skin before applying moisturizer. I would prefer to use it as a serum before moisturizer.

I would be grateful if someone could give me a hint of what kind of product this is by reading the ingredients list.

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, PPG-2 Icoceteth-20 Acetatee, Glucosamine HCI, Algae Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, , Arginine/Lysine Polypeptide, Urea, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-5, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed soy Flour, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, , Glycine Soya (Soybean) Protein, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment, Simethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, PVP, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylic /Capric Triglyceride, d-Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil.

TIA Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Boy September girl I cannot help you- I recieved samples of the whole age smart line and this was not something I recieved, I even looked over the direction and nothing matching yours came up- I have the little brochure also, and again , it is not listed....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm really suprised that Butylene Glycol is the next ingredient after water! It's not bad in small quantities, but it can be really irritating if there's more than 5% of it. Since it's listed right after water, I would be afraid to use it...
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I am a little unclear where you "got" the mystery bottle, wouldn't you know that so you would know what it was with? well at any rate, I am not familar, but I thought maybe if you compare the bottle you have with the age smart stuff from this line, maybe you could narrow it down. Then you would know what to use it for. Just a suggestion.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dermalogica-age-smart-m_197_715.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your efforts to help me solve the Dermalogica mystery.

Actually, it's a professional product meant to be used in a skin care salon, not for individual sale. I bought it from FragranceX some weeks ago. I'm an old Dermalogica fan and guess I was tempted by the words Dermalogica, age, smart and professional.

The serum comes in a 1 oz bottle, and the website just provides a picture of it, no information at all. I guess I did an impulse buy. Smile

tuningmyheart - thank you for turning your Dermalogica age smart kit upside down. I've got it, too, and just love the Age Smart lip complex.

Well, I intend to be a lab rat (a word of honor, according to my vocabulary) and hope the butylene glycol won't set my skin on fire. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Your welcome- I agree that lip complex is the best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

Well, I intend to be a lab rat (a word of honor, according to my vocabulary) and hope the butylene glycol won't set my skin on fire. Very Happy

lol! I hope so too! Just do a patch test first, then you won't have to have a fire extinguisher close by Wink
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
Your welcome- I agree that lip complex is the best.

BTW, how do you like the little bottle of MAP-15? I thought it was a strange concept. It's called a powder-to-emulsion product, but to me it was a powder. I ended up mixing it with my moisturizer. I found it difficult to spread on skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
that was different- the map15- I just patted it on areas as it was and then put moisturizer on top. I thought the products were good, but I am jumping on the karin Herzog bandwagon- hard to argue with these results, but this dermalogica line was the one I liked best at first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the age smart moisturizers? Specifically the dynamic skin recovery or super rich repair? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Just a small update on the "mystery bottle":

I have been using Dermalogica Professional AGE Smart Complex for a couple of months now (with vit C serum on top). I have to say that it has done a remarkable job in fading some brown sun spots on my jawline. My skin tone is now even, and the few brown spots are hardly visible anymore.

This is a potent product that is designed for professional use in a salon, but a few web sites sell it to privates. I believe the high amount of glucosamine in this serum has contributed to the fading of sun spots. I am very happy with the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I noticed you are supposed to use this with the "Revitalizing Additive"...I wonder if you would see even better results with that?

Quote:
Demalogica AGE Smart Complex is a highly concentrated treatment that helps smooth skin texture and reinforce skin's natural protective barrier while helping to prevent and correct the signs of aging well beyond the professional treatment.

Directions: Press 6-10 drops into skin followed by 2 drops of Revitalizing Additive to perform Dermalogica's Energizing Massage for the Face movements for 10 minutes.

http://www.skin-beauty.com/dermalogica-age-smart-complex.html

I couldn't find the ingredients for the Revitalizing Additive, but it is available online.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do;jsessionid=428742BF2CA2A353997E0C635112CD4F?id=14112&procid=13&catid=394

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I noticed you are supposed to use this with the "Revitalizing Additive"...I wonder if you would see even better results with that?

Quote:
Demalogica AGE Smart Complex is a highly concentrated treatment that helps smooth skin texture and reinforce skin's natural protective barrier while helping to prevent and correct the signs of aging well beyond the professional treatment.

Directions: Press 6-10 drops into skin followed by 2 drops of Revitalizing Additive to perform Dermalogica's Energizing Massage for the Face movements for 10 minutes.

http://www.skin-beauty.com/dermalogica-age-smart-complex.html

I couldn't find the ingredients for the Revitalizing Additive, but it is available online.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do;jsessionid=428742BF2CA2A353997E0C635112CD4F?id=14112&procid=13&catid=394

Hi, bethany. Thank you for the information. On the package the directions say to use the complex as part of a professional treatment and rinse off afterwards, if I remember correctly. However, on the bottle it says to press the serum into the skin before applying moisturizer. That's what I have been doing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Hi, bethany. Thank you for the information. On the package the directions say to use the complex as part of a professional treatment and rinse off afterwards, if I remember correctly. However, on the bottle it says to press the serum into the skin before applying moisturizer. That's what I have been doing.

I might have to give that a try if the rolling and Retin-A don't work...I'm glad to know we can use it by itself and still get great results!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |