Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best way to conceal a giant red angry pimple and bump?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I have this huge pimple that popped up on my chin. I tried to squeeze it and there is no more white stuff, but it is all red and still raised with a bunch of blood inside of it. I don't have anything to treat it and I have an event tomorrow where I'll be photographed. I need to be able to conceal it, but I don't know how with such a huge raised bump. It would be one thing if it was just red but flat and not pointed or oozing blood. I can't stand the white heads so I always have to squeeze them but then it always makes them look worse because it turns them red and bloody and they look larger.

What kind of concealer is best for this? A cream, liquid, powder? A color corrector? What color? Is there a way to conceal the texture and raised factor of it as well so you can't tell there is anything there on camera? Thanks.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I've been there, and it ain't nice! Addressing the redness before make-up is what works best for me. Here's my battle plan (and several of these tips came from EDS members when I posted a similar plea for help last year):

* Ice might help the swelling go down a bit.

* A dab of hydrocortisone cream and polysporin (I've made the mistake before of using acne ointments that are far too drying - some even "burned" the skin - making the problem 10x worse).

* Eye whitening drops to help with the redness.

* There are correctors that might help cover the redness before foundation, but this can be hit and miss depending on the severity of the culprit and the texture of your skin. If the skin has not been broke/is not flaky, my advice would be to cover it with foundation, dab a small amount of concealer over it as best you can and then finish with a small dusting of powder.

And then ... do your best to forget it. I know how hard that is to do, but try to keep in mind that it's unlikely anyone else will notice.

Good luck and hope your event goes well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 5:53 am      Reply with quote
If you’re doing natural type make-up this won’t work, but if your event is a night time thing and you can get away with more dramatic make-up, you could always try painting on a fake mole/beauty mark with black liquid eyeliner (depending where it’s positioned).

It’s the best way I know to cover a raised zit. It’s done the job for me in my younger days, but it really only works with strong make-up looks - in fact I picked this tip up from some drag performers I knew back in the 80s LOL
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest a concealer that minimizes redness.
Joe Blasco is a brand for makeupartists and has some corrector colors for redness that are really good. It is a stronger pigment than your average drugstore concealer, because it has to stay put during filming, under the lights of photographer studios etc. Dab it on with a desinfected brush.

And dab on a little bit of tea tree oil, or even better, manuka tea trea oil to shrink the little b*stard (before the concealing part).
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
The best advice I have is to beg your dermatologist for an emergency appointment and get some cortisone injected into it--- it will go down in a matter of hours. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
The best advice I have is to beg your dermatologist for an emergency appointment and get some cortisone injected into it--- it will go down in a matter of hours. HTH!

I agree with this. My DD had this done prior to a formal wedding. The inflammation vanished shortly after the shot.

If you can't do this dab some hydrocortisone on the area.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I always find a nice cool green tea bag takes down redness & some swelling. Ice could help too. Visine is another makeup artist trick for redness relief.

Then I would get a good concealer that matches your skin, and start building up the layers. I find if you get a Dermablend/Camoflauge concealer [Check Kryolan or MAC Studio Finish Concealer] and apply it with a fluffy eyeshadow brush [see MAC #224] it gives a nice natural airbrush & it will cover anything.

HTH!

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Funny you ask, I have one of those right now! I love the suggestions that have been posted so far, here is my suggestion...A warm rice compress on it, (not to hot though, you will burn the skin and then have a scab)..I then put a cotton ball in a mixture of witch hazel and tea tree oil (that has been heated for just a couple seconds in the microwave). I apply the warm cotton ball for a few minutes at a time, and keep re dipping it in the solution. I do that for about 10-15 minutes, then I apply a cortisone cream (big dollop) and go to bed. The warming action seems to make the pimple ready to absorb the cortisone cream, and by morning it will be greatly reduced...! Now I have done this before and then it comes to a head, which is really not that bad, because I now can extract the stuff that is causing the massive lump and do my compresses again and WOWA, then lump is less noticeable.

Dusting with a shimmer powder after you apply your makeup helps to, because the shimmer actually distracts from the lump. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Dusting with a shimmer powder after you apply your makeup helps to, because the shimmer actually distracts from the lump. Very Happy

WEIRD! I've never heard of this or thought of it, but I may just have to try it out and see. I'm skeptical, but there are lots of other strange-sounding beauty tricks that have worked, so who knows...

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Shimmer Powder? I thought that will draw attention to the pimple?? hmm

Btw, those cortisone cream, do I need a Dr.'s prescription for it?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I find honey to be really good at healing the pimples. Just dab some on.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:46 am      Reply with quote
to calm the pinple down, PSF clay mask is an excellent on the spot treatment. If you put that on and leave it on all night (just on the pinple) you will see a big difference.

Other clay masks work well too if you dont use PSF.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I read once that putting eye drops (those for tired eyes) helps...
I never tried it.. If you do try it let me know how it goes..
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Try cleaning it with dermalogica's clay cleanser and use an acne gel. When you go out, use id bare mineral powder foundation with the concealer and then put the mineral veil over it. It does not block your pores and your skin should recover in a few days.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |