Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Week 11 on Obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
And my face is really greasy!(I could fry an egg on it) Shock

It feels very bumpy as well. is this normal? My face looked so stunning 2 weeks ago and now this..... Crying or Very sad
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
try cutting back on the amount of product it could be your skin going thru a purging phase mine felt greasy some days and oil slick on others. Even on maintenance I like my skin one day and not the next. What program are you on

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I am on the nu-derm program
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 4:05 am      Reply with quote
That is the program that Iam on using the maintenance if you are under a supervision then i would call them if not Pm me with your routine and I will see if I can help you might just be going thru a phase are you peeling still? Let me know
Dale

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Lifecoach,,your original skin was oily??
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Not really no, it only looked oily in summer.
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am experiencing the same problem.....been using NuDerm for about 3 weeks. Extremely oily and I cant really say I have noticed any flaking or peeling at all? Could I be using too much?
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Obagi for more than 3 years and I never experience this problem. However, I believed it may be because your skin is thinner than before and be sure to use only a pea size from number 3 and up. All you need is just a little bit, do not overuse.
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin anyway. But right now it even feels oilier? I am wondering why I am not peeling? Corner of mouth is a little dry and cracked but that is all? I wonder if I need to bump up to the next strength of retin-a?? I am using .025%.
I think I will call the spa and ask tomorrow.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
dcanup wrote:
I have very oily skin anyway. But right now it even feels oilier? I am wondering why I am not peeling? Corner of mouth is a little dry and cracked but that is all? I wonder if I need to bump up to the next strength of retin-a?? I am using .025%.
I think I will call the spa and ask tomorrow.

I am on 2 weeks ....I am not peeling either except around my nose and mouth. I am on my own..so please let me know once you get an answer from spa person Very Happy
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I teach school and did not have time to call today. Out for election day tomorrow, so I will call and let you know what they say. In, fact I may run by there and let them have a look? Are you using the .025% retina?
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
I've been using Obagi for more than 3 years and I never experience this problem. However, I believed it may be because your skin is thinner than before and be sure to use only a pea size from number 3 and up. All you need is just a little bit, do not overuse.

so, are you in the maintenance stage? how often you use it? thanks!
makeup queen
5% products discount

Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I have a client going through the same thing. I recently started carrying the Obagi line at my permanent makeup office so I'm still learning. But this is what the Obagi Home Office recommended. Stop using the Clear. It has glycerin in it and may increase oiliness. But----do you have a lot of hyperpigmentation? Let me know. The number 1 thing to do though is increase your Retin-A to twice a day and if that doesn't help start using a gram twice daily instead of 1/2 gram twice daily. And yes, you should be on 1% Retin-A.

Hope this helps.

Patty
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
dcanup, I don't use Retina..Do I have to?? I am only using Obagi Nuderm line 6 set..
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Also, where can I get Renit A cream??
makeup queen
5% products discount

Tue May 20, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you need Retin-A for everything to work properly. Retin-A is prescription. Your gyno or family physician maybe would call it in for you.
RockingRobin
5% products discount

Tue May 20, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
makeup queen wrote:
The number 1 thing to do though is increase your Retin-A to twice a day and if that doesn't help start using a gram twice daily instead of 1/2 gram twice daily. And yes, you should be on 1% Retin-A.

Hope this helps.

Patty

Don't mean to offend, but this advice goes against everything I've been told by doctors and skin care experts re Retin-a. You should never use Retin-a twice a day - only once and at night. Also, if you can work up to .1%, that's great, but a lot of people simply can't tolerate that high of a dose and must use every 2nd or 3rd night, or go to a lower dose. Retin-a is a very potent medication and should ONLY be used after consulting with a doctor.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I am in the maintainese stage, I try to alternate Obagi with skinceuticals Emolience in the evening and on the weekend I will use MD Forte hyra mask instead of using #3 and #5. During the day I mostly still use the AM products and occasionally I will switch to Emolience to give my skin a break.
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Patty,
Thanks for the advice! I do remember them saying they start with .025 Retina and check for tolerance. She said I could either go up or down. I think I may need to go up to .1

As for the hyperpigmentation, I have some but not a lot. I have noticed in the 3 weeks I have been using, that my spots have faded and skintone is more even colored. I really hate to stop using one of the steps, but if it is increasing oiliness that cannot be good either?
I will check on that.
Beleive it or not, I used Retin-a back in the 70's (before it was cool) as a teenager for acne. At that time it was liquid and I suspect much stronger than the formulations that are cream-based, today. In fact I wondered if it might be the cream base that might be making me oily???
Thanks again for the advice. I will check on the Clear.
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
azumma,
I have no idea if you have to use the retin-a or not? I did get my kit from a doctor and it was included?
However, that is one thing that sold me on Obagi. I have used retin-a before as a teenager for acne and had very good results.

RockingRobin,
Thanks for the heads-up. I did get my kit from a doctor who owns a spa. Also, my husband is a pharmacist. I will see what he says about the twice a day application. Actually, I would rather bump up to the .l before applying 2 times?
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
dcanup,
Are you using Retin A with it? You are supposed to blend Retin A with #5 blender to achieve the optimal results.
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mean am I using Clear with Retin-a?
I use Clear as the number three step and I do mix the Retin-a with the Blender at night only.
I do not use Retin-a in the am. I use Exfoderm Forte in place of this step in the morning.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
You should only use retin A with blender(#5), during the day, use according to instrutions, use 1,2,3,4, 6 and if you use sunfader 6 I suggest you to use the #6 healthy skin SPF35 with it if you use retin A with blender at night. I wouldn't go straight to 0.1% as you may shock your skin, you should start with 0.025% first.
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
sfong,
???I am not sure I understand? I think that is exactly what I am doing??? Maybe I didn't adequately explain my routine?

According to the directions they gave me...
AM - 1,2,3,4(Exfoderm Forte),6(Healthy Skin SPF 35)
PM - 1.2.3.5(1/2gram blender/1/2 gram .025 Retin A)

The only reason I wanted to ask my doctor about bumping up was because I am not peeling (after using 3 weeks)and extremely oily? Also, my skin seems to have tolerated the .025 very well?
I haven't used Retin-A in a long time, but considering I have used it before, I really thought my skin would have responded with some peeling or redness by now?
I don't know....maybe I should give it a little longer?
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy to see this thread! I just started on the Obagi system (going it alone), and can't say I've seen a huge difference...although it's only been two weeks. Also, I am starting out with the .025, instead of the .1....my skin is very sensitive to the product, so I've started small. My routine is:

AM - 1,2,3,4(Exfoderm),6(Physical Sunblock 32)
PM - 1.2.3.5(1/2gram blender/1/2 gram .025 Retin A)

Please keep posting on this thread! It's good to have all this info! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |