Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Using cream at night....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
whittywoman

Fri May 16, 2008 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Forgive my ignorance but I just discovered this forum yesterday. Why are all the products on the bottom and left hand side? Is this an independent, unbiased forum?

I was reading on Dr. Hauschka's products after clicking on the "best" icon toward the bottom of the page. He recommends NOT using anything on your face at night. How many people practice this? I would have thought just the opposite was true......
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
IMO, this is an independent unbiased forum, but you will find that members definitely have strong preferences about products/lines they prefer.

I am aware of the Dr. H philosophy on not using night creams, but I don't follow that.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I second on not following Dr.H philosophy - firstly my skin needs a moisturizer at least, especially at winter with heating on, and secondly - night-time is a perfect time for putting actives as retinoids, what I do.
and more to that - my skin doesn`t like Dr.H at all Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes I just feel that I have put products on my face and it is just too "overloaded", so occasionaly I will clean my face with something very gentle like Cetaphil, and wear nothing on it that night, except around my eyes.

But if I have worn makeup that day, I use plain Pond's makeup remover, then wash it with the Cetaphil.

You just have to find the regimine that works for you, and what type skin you have.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I always use a night cream as it then that skin renews itself. I think that it depends on one skin type and age but my skin would feel very dry without a night cream
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 11:02 am      Reply with quote
very skin type need a night cream...it uses to repair ur skin when u are sleeping
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm addressing the "why are all the products at the side and bottom?" question. Click on any of the names and you'll be taken to a page with descriptions, reviews and lots more information. Just in case you hadn't tried that.

And hang around a while. You'll see that self marketing and spamming on behalf of any product is stringently policed. Our moderators rock.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but not because of anything Dr. H. says. I don't even use his products. I think most skin benefits from a night cream.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I don't use Dr H products, but I do believe that it is a good idea to leave our faces bare a couple of nights a week. My reason is that many people overload their skin with too much product and often have absolutely no idea what their skin type really is. In summer I probably don't bother putting anything on my face at night 2-3 times a week, and once a week in cold weather.

Yes, evening is the best time for our skin to absorb active ingredients, but even so, I think skin benefits from the occasional night off.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use Obagi and occasionaly I alternate it with MD forte hydra mask and dermalogica mutli vitamin concentrate at night.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |