Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If I should take one vitamin/product internally...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
for wrinkles/anti aging - which one would you recommend. thanks!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh - just one!!!!! I guess my suggestion would be MSM powder but really you need to take Vitamin C with that as they work synergistically.

so a vitamin designed for hair, skin and nails might do it.

also HIghly recommend Omega 3's- a miracle supplement on so many levels.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
GNC skin, hair, nails should do it.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Essential fatty acids and antioxidants work synergistically. I would take Omega 3 and barley/wheat grass for health and beauty. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Fish oil.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just take a regular multivitamin. (one a day for women). I think it's more important to eat healthy and get enough vitamins from food rather than pills.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Good quality green tea
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3-6-9) in the right ratio. I take Health From the Sun's Total EFA www.healthfromthesun.com
but many brands like Vitamin Shoppe (theirs is called Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3-6-9) make a similar product:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1727

Most people don't get enough EFA's in their diet, so it's important to supplement. In addition to helping moisturize your skin from within, EFA's are good for your heart, your mood, and much more!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've considered doing the fish oil thing. But that would be an extra expense, I'm not 100% sure that it's worth it. Instead, I have salmon whenever I have the choice.

lunarmm wrote:
Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3-6-9) in the right ratio. I take Health From the Sun's Total EFA www.healthfromthesun.com
but many brands like Vitamin Shoppe (theirs is called Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3-6-9) make a similar product:

Most people don't get enough EFA's in their diet, so it's important to supplement. In addition to helping moisturize your skin from within, EFA's are good for your heart, your mood, and much more!
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I recently started taking at the recommendation of a Vitamin Shoppe employee. Is this a good one? The taste reminds me of a freshly pinesoled floor, but at least I don't burp a fishy taste!

Vitamin Shoppe
Omega-3 Fish Oil Lemon Lime
Serving Size 1 TEASPOON

Calories 40 N/A*

Calories From Fat 40 N/A*

Total Fat 4.5 Gm N/A*

Saturated Fat 1.5 Gm N/A*

Cholesterol 25 Mg N/A*

Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1250 Mg N/A*

EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 650 Mg N/A*

DHA (DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID) 410 Mg N/A*

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2265

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know, rcascone. The one you take looks like it only has Omega 3's (fish oil).

I myself like to take an Omega 3-6-9 combo like Health from the Sun's Total EFA:
Ingredients: Certified organic cold expeller-pressed flaxseed oil, deep sea cold-water fish body oil concentrate, borage seed oil, gelatin, glycerin, water and mixed tocopherols (vitamin E)
http://www.healthfromthesun.com/products/product_description.php?id_detail=3&id_besoin=1&id_gamme=1&mode=1&acces=product_range.php
or Vitamin Shoppe's Omega 3-6-9 (contains borage, canola, salmon, flax seed, olive, and safflower oils):

My doctor prescribed Lovaza (formerly called Omacor) [FDA approved fish oil]www.lovaza.com for me. I stopped taking the Omega 3-6-9 combo and just was taking the Lovaza and my skin started getting dry again.

I went to Vitamin Shoppe to get some Total EFA to add to the Lovaza (fish oil) and the VS salesperson agreed when I commented about why I was getting it: he says he takes Total EFA too and that it's important to take Omegas in the proper ratio. Neither of us are doctors, so I can't claim expertise. I just know that I felt the difference from personal experience and now take the Lovaza in combination with Total EFA. The positive of the Lovaza is that my prescription plan covers it because it is FDA-approved and I only pay a copay for it. I still pay out of pocket for the Total EFA.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I would have to say a prenatal vitamin. For me, a prenatal vitamin is a multi-vitamin with a punch. Runner-up is MSM. And then maybe Vit C....then Biotin...
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
I would have to say a prenatal vitamin. For me, a prenatal vitamin is a multi-vitamin with a punch. Runner-up is MSM. And then maybe Vit C....then Biotin...

What differentiates a prenatal vitamin from a regular multi vitamin for women?
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Looks like MSM and Total EFA's are a good combination to take. I already take fish oil, but thats just omega 3 oil, so perhaps I should look to change it to the Total EFA. I will get some MSM as I keep hearing on this board how good it is.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
fish oil and one a day for women..
anjim
5% products discount

Sat May 17, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like to take a liquid daily supplement. I have a hard time choking down the horse pills! I found a good one that I just started using called Peter Gillhams Organic Vitality Daily Liquid Vitamin. I have been pleased so far. And the taste is about the best a liquid vitamin can do. I order from a great discount vitamin shop calledwww.vitacost.com
There are a lot of reviews on the site for this stuff. I love reading reviews and they usually sway me one way or the other. I used to never write reviews or any posts on forums, but I have gotten such a wealth of info from other people over the years that I decided it was time for me to give back and share info that has helped me. Anyway, I have ordered from vitacost several times and they are pretty fast and shipping is not that outrageous, plus you can't beat their prices and they have a huge selection! HTH Good luck Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Essential fatty acids and antioxidants work synergistically. I would take Omega 3 and barley/wheat grass for health and beauty. Smile

Where do you get the barley wheat grass
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
jf wrote:

What differentiates a prenatal vitamin from a regular multi vitamin for women?

Prenatal multi vitamins usually have more iron and folic acid (a B vitamin). This is important if you are pregaunt or trying to be pregaunt.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I take a good multi to help ensure I am covered. I always believe in Omegas. I like Flax oil caps (naturally have a balance of the all megas). Some omegas can have a fishy after taste.

I have naturally dry eyes and after about a month or so; there was an improvement.
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
anjim wrote:
I personally like to take a liquid daily supplement. I have a hard time choking down the horse pills! I found a good one that I just started using called Peter Gillhams Organic Vitality Daily Liquid Vitamin. I have been pleased so far. And the taste is about the best a liquid vitamin can do. I order from a great discount vitamin shop calledwww.vitacost.com
There are a lot of reviews on the site for this stuff. I love reading reviews and they usually sway me one way or the other. I used to never write reviews or any posts on forums, but I have gotten such a wealth of info from other people over the years that I decided it was time for me to give back and share info that has helped me. Anyway, I have ordered from vitacost several times and they are pretty fast and shipping is not that outrageous, plus you can't beat their prices and they have a huge selection! HTH Good luck Smile

I agree, anjim...i never take a multi because they are so huge and I hate the after taste! What does your liquid multi taste like and do you get an after taste?

5% products discount

Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I threw up my vitamins before so I can't even stand to smell them. Another big reason I like liquid. I guess it tastes citrusy. Really it's not bad Laughing
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
If I can only take one vitamin, then its gonna be fish oil. The Omega 3 oil is a great antioxidant and plus it improves your overall health. I think it actually make my skin softer and more radiant.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I can't really say it works ( I never used it) but I have eard people like those Sylica tablets...
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first time I heard of Sylica tablets, can you give me more information about it and let me know where I can find it if I am interested? Thanks,
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think seno means a silica supplement. It's good for hair and nails.

http://home.mindspring.com/~vaughn/MPS.fldr/silca_and_health.htm

http://www.thehealthyvillage.com/diet-and-nutrition/supplements/beautiful-hair-comes-from-within-with-silica.html

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |