Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Trigger,

thank you so much for being so kind and observant.

I am following the Safetox thread, and that is how I know about your migraines (I am not a mind reader, so how would I otherwise). My husband suffers from them, so I am considering buying it for him. At the moment, since I am not familiar with the device yet and have nothing of value to contribute, I am merely following it and learning and very happy that your issue with electrodes had been happily resolved.

One of the side effects of blinking lights (and I believe waves in certain range) is that it MAY trigger migraines, but it does not mean that it always will.

This thread is for Lightstim and I find it rather strange, when people who do not use it and are not familiar with this specific device feel the urge to contribute.

Be it as it may it is a free country and a free forum and a free thread, so as far as I am concerned any participation is more then welcome.

For Physics question - perhaps, a school text book would be of help here.
It seems rather elementary to me (as I mentioned it was covered in my 6th grade), but there are books that explain light reflection (try to shine a pocket light on a mirror and see it being reflected on a wall) and light penetration.

I have no before pictures, and will have to ask my husband to take them now, which is tricky (he has a professional camera, which is very complicated for me; all the others are fully manual and my limited knowledge in that field prevents me from doing it correctly). May be some day I will convince him to do it, or may be Keliu will visit the USA....

In the meantime Kassy's pictures speak volumes, and there are many others here who are happy with their results in a fairly short period of time.

I own several LEDs(Prolight Blue, Prolight Platinum, Lightstim and have access to my mom's Quasar). My only issue with Lightstim is time, I just wish there was something that would be as good and less time consuming.

Please, do tell us about Omnilux - do you like it, did it help you with any issues, etc.

That would be indeed informative and constructive.

In terms of chemicals in the serum - that is EXACTLY what is being discussed - it's light reflective/penetrating properties and potential toxicity.

All the best!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oh well, I guess I won't worry about there being any light occlusive ingredients in my Replenix Green Tea Serum. Smile According to all these posts, it seems there's nothing that can stop my mighty LightStim.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I was going to order the ingredients for Kassy's pre-LED treatment when it struck me that perhaps i can use my Dr Brandt anti-oxidant water booster. Do you think it is safe for our skin?

The ingredients list is :
water, glycerin, natural pomegranate flavor, green tea leaf extract, lo han fruit extract, pomegranat fruit extrate, white tea leaf extract, grape seed extract, elderberry fruit extract, potassium sorbate.

thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes snowstar, I am also trying to combat some broken capillaries on the bridge of my nose. Sad that I am in my 20's with broken caps, but I blame it on too much TANNING, sun exposure, and unfortunately I used to smoke cigarettes.

It is kind of awkward to treat the nose, but it's possible. I also have some tanning bed goggles that I purchased on ebay. I don't wear them often, but they will definitely help when you are trying to treat your nose because the light does shine brightly into your eyes at that angle (even if you are closing your eyes).

The amount of AALS users, and LED users in general, is getting larger! And all I hear are good results. Makes me happy that I have gone this route. My skin looks better than it has in years. I don't even use the LightStim everyday, maybe about 3-4 days a week now, and my skin continues to improve...I'm smitten.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Packratmack,

I believe that is why Kassy had recommended to wait after you apply the serum or plain green tea. Once it is absorbed there will be nothing left to reflect the light, unless it builds a film on top of your skin.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
reposting from LED Light and Green Tea thread.
thanks DarkMoon for the heads up.

-----

Kassy, last set of questions on pre-led serum, promise!

I'm really confused over the ingredients list.... short as it is.. Confused
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract
Skinactives sells this in powder form while TPF has it as a liquid. Does the 1/4 tsp refer to the powder or liquid form?

1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
I'm assuming this should be in liquid form as your recipe states serum. Skinactives has this only in powder form. How much distill water should I be adding to the HA powder to change to a serum? (This is on top of the original 3 tbsp of distilled water in the recipe)

1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
Is this 1 tbs of SKB powder or 1 tbs of SKP solution as sold by Skinactives?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
PQ,

how true.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is true. Kassy has been very generous with her DIY, her ideas, her guidance and her pictures. She's helped many people and given her time and talents. I know she has enjoyed helping many on EDS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Steve at Lightstim and asked him which occlusive ingredients in serums and creams we should steer away from and also how long we should wait before commencing treatment. Here is his reply:

Thanks for your questions. Stay away from Retin-A or products with Retin-A in them. Other than that, we have not heard of any problems. As far as serums and creams before using your Light: This almost always enhances the benefits and results. The important thing is to make sure that you have worked the product INTO the skin and that there is not moist residue on the surface of the skin. Then, as long as it's dry you can start. Waiting 10 minutes is long enough to insure penetration and dryness in most cases.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to use us as a sounding board whenever you have questions.

Best wishes, Steve

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
The lack of technical information also concerned me - it makes it hard to know what you're actually buying. Does it state anywhere where the device is made? It's interesting because it only seems to be available here in Australia. As for the pulsing - this has been discussed on the Forum before, and the general consensus of opinion is that pulsing is unnecessary "fluff".

If you do order the AALS, rest assured that you will have made a good choice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Kat - the Revive will give you a real boost and you will get the IR from the AALS.
Take care
PQ

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Big, big thanks Kassy. You captured the important points fully and simply for me. I've put a lot of time into picking through way too many posts to gather what you presented so nicely.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
haha Hi foxe Very Happy

only been lurking about a week on and off. I have quite a bit of personal experience with non-surgical and some surgical treatments and was a nutritional therapist for many years specializing in anti-aging and skin so I am quite conscious of things generally inside and out. SO all my skin care choices, supplements are a result of my own research and experience...the gadgets are a new area i am exploring in the attempt to cut costs(from in office treatments) I came across this website/forum while researching Tripollar technology and the STOP device to buy. Since being here the things that caught my eye were the Led (bought the AALS) ,the Tanaka massage and the TreSonics(cheaper version of Clarisonic-as I'm going broke!). The derma-rolling I was also already doing for a few months now but boy did I get some great tips from reading up on it here.
Very pleased to be here officially now and so far everyone has been very kind and generous with advice!I feel at home; in my element Very Happy Hopefully with my experience I can be of some help to others also!

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea, Kassy! I just started a thread for this. Here is the link.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=518212#518212

Kassy_A wrote:

Maybe one of you roller/LED folks should start up a specific thread on this topic. It could make for a very interesting + helpful thread for those who are using both devices.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I have to apologize to Kassy for doubting her. After seeing her recent picture, I went ahead and bought the AALS. I made a batch of Kassy's pretreatment serum and have been using it with the AALS every other night. On the other nights, I apply CPs before the AALS treatment. I have to say that my mouth area is much improved and I have to give Kassy all the credit. I should have listened to her earlier - lesson learned.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I have to apologize to Kassy for doubting her. After seeing her recent picture, I went ahead and bought the AALS. I made a batch of Kassy's pretreatment serum and have been using it with the AALS every other night. On the other nights, I apply CPs before the AALS treatment. I have to say that my mouth area is much improved and I have to give Kassy all the credit. I should have listened to her earlier - lesson learned.

I must confess that I was hard headed and thought all LEDs were the SAME......WRONG Rolling Eyes ....and so glad I continued to read the lightstim thread with all the rave reviews with Kassy's being at the top. I now have made the switch to the Lightstim and my skin looks fabulous. Many thanks to Kassy for keeping on keeping on with reviews..she is the energizer bunny for Lightstim...she keeps on keeping on Imageand now I know why!!! Laughing

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I found this patent a while ago and wondered if it might not be describing the LightStim? If so, I found some of the details interesting.
http://www.patentstorm.us/applications/20090088824/fulltext.html
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Maybe that's why I get good results with the Prolight. When I started using it, I contacted the seller and told her I had a special event coming up. She told me to use the PL every other day for 90 seconds per area and to overlap sections. So, I did that for two months. With the overlap, every area ended up getting 3 minutes of treatment time 3-4 times per week. By the event, my skin was glowing. After the event, I decreased my time and my skin started going back to the way it was. So, I bumped it back up and viola!

I'm OK with the Prolight for now but when the thing breaks, I'll replace it with an AALS. The numbers that Kassy posted above and all the reviews are just too good. Very Happy

Now that's what I'm talking about, and have screeched to the lot of you both in this thread, and in private... Yay You!

We can't always be stickler's for the precise directions, but should feel comfortable with a little *tweaking* when the written word hasn't worked. (Close to a year ago I PM'd Rita about this very subject, and relayed to her what I was privately helping and encouraging PL users to do. It was working better than the original directions, and I wanted her to know that. I told her about the topical C and exfoliating that was working for me as well.)

Let's face this fact. A big bone of contention with LED use/ treatments is that the time and commitment needed for the best results, isn't always what busy life styles can afford to devote to an *effective* regime... Manufacturer's of these products are well aware of these discussions, and have come up with the perfect marketing tools to employ when they jump on the LED bandwagon. Things like, but not limited to; '30 second treatment time', 'use only once a week', 'pulsing light is best', 'multiple + simultaneous wavelengths can't work, it's impossible', and on and on..

I say hogwash to the lot of it. You will only get out of an LED treatment what you put into it. If it sounds too good to me true, it usually is, and winds up being a flash in the pan. The truly lousy thing though, is that the folks that buy these *works in a second* LED's, use them according to the directions, and then get mediocre results at best, are not only discouraged, but assume that all LED's are crap. It also doesn't help these manufacturers in the long term, because folks who are disappointed will certainly share that with others, and the *silence* of those devices also speaks volumes to me Sad .

Personally I know that the LightStim works, but I also believe that the ProLight LED's (for those who have them) is worth a shot at a different regime before throwing in the towel on them. Why not take the liberty of following 'Tonia's' lead, and doubling or even tripling your treatment times... You have nothing to lose, but might have everything to gain.

With that said, I would also say that for anyone who doesn't have an LED but is interested in purchasing one, I would 1000% recommend you get yourself a LightStim product. I would also reiterate what I have said all along, that it is a serious commitment of your time (especially the first month or so), and that your results will also have a great deal to do with how you prepare your skin for treatment. It's not a magic wand all by itself, but with the right all around skin care regime, I could just about guarantee that you will improve your skin tone + texture by a minimum of 50% within about 3 or 4 skin cycles.. (Of course everyone responds differently, and this is based on personal experience, to give you a *rough* idea.

Can you tell how passionate I am about this subject? It's very hard to shut me up when I believe strongly in something... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have three - Quasar, Prolight Platinum and Lightstim AALS.

AALS is the only one I had seen results with, the rest are just collecting dust.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have both and have posted several times before that I like the AALS much better. I'm surprised at the instant results though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Are you sure you have a magnified mirror and not a magical one,I have used my AALS over 2 months 6 days weeks and only starting see results after the first month and I didn't miss a night,the only thing I noticed was my skin was softer in the first three days.I have noticed the lines around my lips have improved and on the side of my mouth have gotten better,but nothing in 3 days.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think you can realistically expect help with that area.....I think the green tea protocol ramps things up a notch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Somewhere in cyber space I posted a green/white tea spritz/toner, was it here at EDS? If not, let me know and I'll post the recipe later (or tomorrow)...

LED treatments are only as good as the protocol you use with it;

IMHO, of course!

Oh goody! Very Happy

I'll be darned, but I just don't know where the he!! it's posted...Not a problem though, because I made up a new batch a few days ago, and I'm liking this (bit different recipe) better... This is perfect for not only LED treatments, but for 'spritzing' throughout the day as well. (We need all the help we can get fending off the free radicals produced by UV exposure, and this 'spritz' will do that.) In fact I'm liking it so much that I have switched my vitamin C use to beddy-bye time, so I can enjoy this during the day.

8oz PRE LED/POST SUN EXPOSURE GREEN/WHITE TEA SPRITZ

-7 1/2 oz distilled water
-2 MSM caplule contents (Opti-MSM recommended)
-2 ml/cc white tea extract ( http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-TeaZen-be-u-TEA-licious-organic-White-Tea-extract-Green-Coffee-Berry-Peach ) A full dropper is 1 ml/cc. See ingredients below
-3 ml/cc green tea extract
-2 ml/cc hydrolyzed wheat protein ( http://www.personalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?products_id=994 )This is not the same as wheat protein oil!
-2 ml/cc sodium PCA (great humectant!)
-2 ml/cc licorice root extract (nice for those with hyperpigmentation!)
-2 ml/cc algae extract (nice subtle skin tightener along with skin benefits!)
-1.7 ml/cc optiphen (preservative) This will assure potency and stability of actives for several weeks
-***optional***For those who use CP Serum, it's a wonderful addition to this especially if your using it pre LED treatment. Rather than incorporating it into the 8oz spritz, just put your few drops of CP's in the palm of your hand, and add a squirt or two of spritz to it, then apply. (Supposedly copper peptides increase collagen synthesis by 60%, and there is now a couple of studies that prove a synergy when used in conjunction with LED treatments.)

All ingredients are water soluble, so just add everything into an ounce or so of the distilled water, stir well, put in 8oz spritz bottle, and fill to the top with distilled water. I keep mine in fridge for added stability, and well, it just feels nice to have a cool spritz throughout the day.

I've read some info here and there that both white and green tea, when applied after sun exposure, can neutralize the free radicals generated by UV exposure... (Thus my decision to use this throughout the day, and leave my C serum regimes for nighty-night.)

For pre LED use, just spritz liberally on clean exfoliated skin, massage in, and do your treatment when your skin is dry to the touch.

The finished spritz looks much like tea, feels nice + absorbs quickly. You can follow it up with moisturizer (if needed) and makeup... Just don't use this at the same time as vitamin C serum.

White Tea Extract Ingredients;

(99% polyphenols, 60% EGCG), Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, natural peach flavor, magnasweet (licorice root), citrus extract, luo han guo (glycoside/often used as sugar substitute, made from fruit).

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
gumdropday wrote:
For those that have been using the AALightstim for awhile, how long would you say before we should start seeing noticeable results? My crows feet are driving me crazy. Is it capable of getting rid of them? I just started CP's as well.

I know everyone is different, on average I wonder how long it takes.

I dont think AALS can noticeably reduce any wrinkles Sad Rather than a little bit of plumping effect I didn't see any other effects from any light therapy machine.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the AALS for about three years, I'm also a migraine sufferer and feel nauseous when I get a headache. However, I've never had a headache or nausea from using the AALS and have never heard or read of anyone experiencing these symptoms.

Perhaps you are suffering from sensitivity to the lights when they are placed near your eyes. If these symptoms persist - I would definitely stop using the light around the upper face. Have you tried using the light around your neck and lower face? - maybe you could try this and if there's no reaction, then you would know that it is definitely light sensitivity to the eyes that is your problem.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |