Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
roplay wrote:
hi all. Can someone tell me something about the derma roller? What exactly does it do 4 skin, and how is used. Thanks
There are several threads on derma rolling here and I am posting one of the largest ones. As you learn your way around this forum you will find that you can go to the search button and type in the topic you are looking for and then go into the thread. EDS tries to keep the threads focused on the subject of that thread. Since this thread is directed to the Lightstim I am giving you a link to the derma rolling and you can read and then ask questions there. I hope this is helpful Wink http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=535709&highlight=derma+rolling#535709

Mon May 10, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SkinDeep38. I use the oil cleansing method (OCM) with a microfibre cloth as a cleanser to remove my makeup in the shower at night (then I want to use the LightStim after that) so that's why I can't use OCM after using the LightStim.

I know there are lots of other cleansers I could switch to but I really like OCM because not only does it remove my mineral makeup really well and it's dirt cheap, but more importantly it has decreased the oiliness of my t-zone & pore size. I read about OCM on EDS so hopefully someone who uses LightStim will know about/use OCM and can advise me. Anyone?

female 50, combo skin, some hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores on nose, several spider veins; use Kassey's DIY C, E, Ferulic serum, SAS products (LMC, CHAS, Anti-Aging Cream, ELS, Bright-I, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel), pHisoderm in a.m. & OCM at night; fave oils are rosehip seed, almond & jojoba
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
ATester; good on you with the eyebags. You're getting the benefits of the increased lymphatic drainage this LED provides!

kiarmo; just be sure to remove every last trace of oil before your treatment. My preference is just to keep my oils till post treatment.

C-Katy; The 'heat' is a comfort factor only, and has no bearing on your treatment. I would prefer more heat personally, but the amber just runs the coolest of all.

Brierrose; just let your own unique skin be your guide. It knows best exactly what you need, and it will tell you loud and clear if you just watch for the signs. My old hyde craves much more exfoliation, so it's a good thing for me. Younger folks have the 'natural + quicker' skin turnover (that I'm lacking), so less vigilant microfiber exfoliation is warranted for them. It's all about watching for the signs/clues your unique skin gives you.

SkinDeep; If it helps, I've found that the best thing for me is to keep switching up my pre-treatment protocol. I make my own and only incorporate the things that will encourage collagen/elastin synthesis, and are nourishing to the cells in one way or the other. I've posted 2 or 3 serums/spritz options, and yes I use those, and I also alternate with bare skin treatments now and then. The constants for me that I never vary on are 1.) gentle exfoliation with my microfibeer cloth, 2.) drink a glass of water before and after treatment + 3.) following treatment I apply my cell stimulating serum, whether I've used it pre or not.

Another thing that has been a fairly ongoing (through the years) habit, that I don't recall having mentioned lately, is that I do a face/neck/chest steam treatment once or twice a week. Optimally (if time permits), I'll do this prior to my LED treatment. (So it would be; cleanse, exfoliate, steam, apply whatever I'm using to treat, and after it has penetrated 30 minutes or so I do my treatment.

The main thing I would tell you is to try to use only good beneficial skin building actives, and look for a base without silicones, oils, petrolatum, or anything else that's occlusive. I know, not so easy to find that, so the only way I know to get around it is to apply your product of choice, allow it to penetrate up to an hour, and then prior to your treatment remove the film that will no doubt remain, with a warm damp cloth.

Hope I didn't forget anyone .. Very Happy

Thanks to all for the nice things you've said, and I'm happy if the pictures I've shared have helped. (I know how much they help me when others do likewise!)

One of these days I'll gussy myself up and post a nice picture for a change... Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What is the length of the sale?

13 more hours....and you will be sleeping through some of that so if you are sitting on the fence Sis.....fall off and order Laughing Your skin will thank you for it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:24 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE:

I'll be brief.

After using my LED's for almost 3 years now, (age 57 through 60) these are my overall thoughts based on my experience.

- I experienced prettier, softer skin from day one. Once it hit the prettiest peak it stayed that way with continued treatment, and remains extremely youthful looking today. (Not bad for a 45 year smoker who's 10 years post menopausal.. Wink

- My neck responded the best as far as tightening and toning which seemed very apparent to me. My face realized some plumping which I assume is related to increased collagen, and I would say at this point I believe it has slowed down the aging process to a crawl. (That was my goal, so I am very satisfied, and consider it quite the miracle in itself.) Sometimes I think folks expect too much from LED's and consistently forget that the "aging process" continues day by day. Sometimes I hear questions like; "what happens if I stop using it" (or anything for that matter), and I wonder why people aren't keeping in mind that they continue to age for every day that they live, so of course you'd have to be consistently fighting to slow that down.

- I think starting LED use regularly from about age 35 on, would result in an extremely young looking 50 or 60 year old face/neck/chest/hands. Will you see big, huge transformations? No. But what you can count on are the subtle and cumulative benefits over the long term, and a definite slowing down to a crawl the typical aging process skin woes. In other words, you'll be a far cry better with it's use, than you'll be without. (Wish I knew about it back in the day.)

- Just want to mention that I haven't used the LED (or any gadget) more than 2 or 3 times since March (ish), and I am seeing a deepening in the NL area, and also some looseness in the front of my neck. Yes I've had more than my fair share of stress which definitely shows on our faces. I can only imagine what I would look like now though, if I didn't consistently use a couple of gadgets right along. (My skin is still looking + feeling amazing though, albeit on a looser foundation.. Laughing

- Do I think an LED is a magic wand that will turn a toad into a Prince? Hell no. But if you have the patience of a Saint, a few hours to call your own weekly for pampering, and above all realistic goals, then I would definitely recommend an LED to your skin care arsenal.

Anyhoo, just some thoughts in case it helps someone.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Parsnip
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, I am loving your Cell Stem Serum before the LED, I do feel like I am giving my wrinkles the 'one-two punch'! Thank you!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I am white but I remember when I bought a Prolight and had a conversation with Rita Page, owner of the Prolight company....she said there was an issue of skin color and skin thickness. My skin is slighly olive and on the thicker side and she said that I needed a red LED for deeper penetration. I realize this thread is dedicated to Lightstim but I thought I would throw that bit of information in. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:08 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
......Now must get a 3-minute timer thing......

Miranda,

May be it may help you.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=500637&highlight=timer#500637
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Hey! I received my AALS yesterday.

I've been searching around for all the good protocol instructions that I know exist but they're not easy to find.

My (updated) protocol for both Omnilux + AALS use (Kassy)

* When things work out well, I use the AALS on Mon + Fri evening, for 3 minutes per spot, and I treat face, neck, chest + hands. I purchased a 2nd AALS device many months ago, and using both together brings my treatment time to 45 minutes in total.

* I am recently trying to fit in one treatment per week (on Wed) with the Omnilux device. I use "red" one week, and "infrared" the following week. It is ridiculously time consuming at 20 minutes per spot, so I only do it on a night I am sitting quietly watching a two hour movie. This lets me cover 6 areas, which for me are two spots on each side of my face, and two neck spots. In all places I hold the unit slightly diagonal, which seems to cover the most area.

* I drink 1 or 2 glasses of water, sometimes with a lemon slice added. (No great wisdom or secret here, I just find it helps the lymph to flow easier, which in turn gets rid of more toxins.)

* Without exception I cleanse, exfoliate gently with a microfiber cloth, and bring blood to the surface with either hot cloths, or a 5 minute steaming over a pot of boiling water.

* Occassionally I do my treatment on bare skin, but the majority of time I apply water based topically applied actives, that encourage collagen + elastin synthesis, and keep the cells healthy and thriving in one way or another. I apply my product of choice to my warm moist steamed skin, allow it to penetrate for half hour or so, and when no remnants remain I proceed with my treatment. (If I've used an ingredient that I feel is a bit occlusive, or if I can still feel it on my skin after half an hour, then I just spritz with a little distilled water, and gently pat with a clean towel.

* When time allows, (which is seldom of late), I enjoy helping my actives penetrate with the use of my Derma Wand for 5 minutes. (I open up a 4 X 4 guaze pad, and place it against each area I'm treating. This allows me to use it at the highest setting, without any tugging/dragging on my skin, and has also cut down on the broken caps I experienced with bare skin contact previously.)

* Now I enjoy my treatment time + relax

* Now it's time for a shower, and in a perfect world I'd fit in my lovely Tanuka massage which will really get rid of the toxins that the LED has started to move along. I love doing this in the shower on my warm, wet skin. It's awesome!

* Now it's time to feed my skin with whatever vitamin du jour I think my skin is craving, and also where I take advantage of pushing those vitamins in with my more occlusive beneficial goodies, of lipids and oils. (Serious feeding time for me is all night long.. Wink )

It's my perfect at home spa night ... Very Happy

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Where can I find Steve's instructions (strangely my AALS didn't come with any)? I don't seem to be able to find them on the Lightstim site either.

Below is the reply I received from Steve at Lightstim in response to my question about using pre-treatment serums.

Thanks for your questions. Stay away from Retin-A or products with Retin-A in them. Other than that, we have not heard of any problems. As far as serums and creams before using your Light: This almost always enhances the benefits and results. The important thing is to make sure that you have worked the product INTO the skin and that there is not moist residue on the surface of the skin. Then, as long as it's dry you can start. Waiting 10 minutes is long enough to insure penetration and dryness in most cases.

As for your enlarged pores and "swelling" - I would imagine that this is just caused by the heat. Maybe your skin is extra sensitive to heat. The device should be placed directly on to the skin. I always get the indentation marks too, but they eventually fade away.

I don't believe the AALS gives any instantaneous results - but used consistently the treatment should improve the texture and even tone of the skin.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:
I've tried searching for this but surprisingly turned up zilch.

Can you use the AALS on a coldsore? Hubby has one brewing and I'm torn as to whether the healing properties will be positive or the direct light will be the worse thing to do.

Any advice please?

The only device that successfully treated my coldsore was the Palacia HF Wand. I doubt that the AALS will help because LEDs do not kill bacteria like high frequency does.

Just to clarify this point (no offense, Keliu Wink ) - a cold sore is not bacterial, it is viral.

Miranda - I found this http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5500009/description.html, which seems like it would apply to cold sores by extension.

Quote:
An experimental study was carried out to evaluate the therapeutic effect of non-coherent, low level, narrow band LED Light Therapy (hereinafter LLT) at a wavelength of approximately 660 nm on the course of herpetic skin disease. The LLT treatment was compared to other topical and/or systemic treatments used on previous herpetic attacks in the same patient.

Eighteen patients suffering from recurrent herpetic infections, either labial or progenitalia, for at least one year, were selected for the study. The age of the patients ranged from 8 to 60 (mean age 29.1) and frequency of reoccurrance ranged from twice a year to 12 times a year (mean 5.1). The patients were in good physical condition and no medication other than birth control pills was allowed to be taken during the study. Patients were asked to appear for entry in the study as soon as possible after the onset of the herpetic skin lesion or even in the prelesion stage, when only the sensation of itching was present in the area.

A hand held emitter of LLT 660 nm radiation was provided to patients for home use, 3 times daily for ten minutes each time. Time to loss of crust and patients' judgement of healing were criteria used to evaluate efficacy as compared with topical and/or systemic treatments used in previous attacks.

The average duration of a single attack using the LLT treatment was 3.13 days (SD=1.29) as compared with 10.68 days (SD=3.47) as reported by patients when topical treatment was used in previous attacks. This difference was examined by 1-way repeated measures (ANOVA) and proved to be statistically significant.

Patients who began the treatment in the prelesions stage (4 patients) reported a significant alteration of the course of the disease. A blister never developed. Burning, itching and pain in the area was limited to the first 24 hours, if at all. The remaining 14 patients who began treatment in the vesicle stage reported significantly less pain and no secretion or ulceration as they had experienced in previous attacks.

When asked their subjective impression, 64.3% defined LLT treatment as excellent; 14.3% defined it as very good; and 21.4% defined it as good. None of the patients defined the LLT treatment as worse or fair. No side effects were reported.

Thus, LED 660 nm light therapy treatment has been proven to alter the course of herpetic skin lesion, to be more effective than conventional topical antiviral treatments, and to be more acceptable as an antiviral treatment by the patient.

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
bellableu wrote:

Miranda - I found this http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5500009/description.html, which seems like it would apply to cold sores by extension.

Quote:
An experimental study was carried out to evaluate the therapeutic effect of non-coherent, low level, narrow band LED Light Therapy (hereinafter LLT) at a wavelength of approximately 660 nm on the course of herpetic skin disease. The LLT treatment was compared to other topical and/or systemic treatments used on previous herpetic attacks in the same patient.

Eighteen patients suffering from recurrent herpetic infections, either labial or progenitalia, for at least one year, were selected for the study. The age of the patients ranged from 8 to 60 (mean age 29.1) and frequency of reoccurrance ranged from twice a year to 12 times a year (mean 5.1). The patients were in good physical condition and no medication other than birth control pills was allowed to be taken during the study. Patients were asked to appear for entry in the study as soon as possible after the onset of the herpetic skin lesion or even in the prelesion stage, when only the sensation of itching was present in the area.

A hand held emitter of LLT 660 nm radiation was provided to patients for home use, 3 times daily for ten minutes each time. Time to loss of crust and patients' judgement of healing were criteria used to evaluate efficacy as compared with topical and/or systemic treatments used in previous attacks.

The average duration of a single attack using the LLT treatment was 3.13 days (SD=1.29) as compared with 10.68 days (SD=3.47) as reported by patients when topical treatment was used in previous attacks. This difference was examined by 1-way repeated measures (ANOVA) and proved to be statistically significant.

Patients who began the treatment in the prelesions stage (4 patients) reported a significant alteration of the course of the disease. A blister never developed. Burning, itching and pain in the area was limited to the first 24 hours, if at all. The remaining 14 patients who began treatment in the vesicle stage reported significantly less pain and no secretion or ulceration as they had experienced in previous attacks.

When asked their subjective impression, 64.3% defined LLT treatment as excellent; 14.3% defined it as very good; and 21.4% defined it as good. None of the patients defined the LLT treatment as worse or fair. No side effects were reported.

Thus, LED 660 nm light therapy treatment has been proven to alter the course of herpetic skin lesion, to be more effective than conventional topical antiviral treatments, and to be more acceptable as an antiviral treatment by the patient.

Quote:
Thanks Bellableu - I guess this would apply to lesions round the mouth. I'll experiment with my husband; he's at the itching stage so we'll see if it doesn't come out.

Many thanks for digging that up.

Just to update on the coldsore situation:
DH had the tingling (or burning as he describes it) for 4 days before I applied the Lightstim. Usually if it tingles for 4 days, he believes he's almost certain to have a breakout. He only applied the lightstim three times for 10 minutes (I told him to hold it ever so slightly away from his skin instead of pressing it in). During the treatments, he said the heat felt nice and was a relief. After the first treatment, the tingling remained albeit slightly less. More so for the second treatment. The third resulted in complete elimination of the tingling.
We haven't used the lightstim since as I'd like to see if these three treatments have 'cured' the attack or were possibly just suppressing it. We will be away for 10 days and I'll let you all know on return if the dreaded coldsore made an appearance or not.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been getting emails from members on the forum that are interested in getting the new Lightstim at the QVC at the new price(269.00) but they don't live in the USA. I emailed Steve at Lightstim and he said if those members would call him at LightStim, he will set it up for them to be able to purchase the new LightStim for Wrinkles from QVC, but through LightStim, and receive free shipping! Of course each person will be responsible for any customs or duties that their country may charge. This must be done prior to October 29th though. The lightstim website will not have this new Light available to purchase until January 1st as QVC has the exclusive on it. Very Happy
Contact Steve at:
Toll Free (800) 298-4010Local/International (714)
884-3337http://www.LightStim.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Okay gang it is picture time!!!!I have wanted to get a chance to take some pictures of the "New Lightstim" and this Sat. proved the time to do so!!! It is so hot!!! Dancing First the packaging...check out all the information on the box. Last but not least, the new handle is really a trimline approach....Love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Sigma you are in luck thanks to mpstat. I misplaced mine when we had new flooring put in and thought I knew where is was....wrong....I am using my cheap model that I have to keep tapping at the end of three min. I emailed mpstat and she sent me the link, we both had ordered one. Here it is
http://www.invisibleclock.com/
Now realize it won't hurt you to go some over 3min..and many don't need a timer...doesn't have to be exact. But if you are like me....I have two lightstims and do my treatment before I go to sleep and do it while I am laying down. Without using a timer my 3 min. could end up in sleepy land!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/procedure_list/2191

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
One more thing. I noticed the QVC model on their site says Made In China while the front page of the Lightstim page still says Made In The USA.

Is the QVC model going to eventually permanently replace the Lightstim available directly from the site? I read back a few pages, but I'm unsure about this issue, I only read the QVC model would be available after the new year.

TIA [/b]

I know Toby shared some pictures, but here are a few I took that might help.. I am posting them here for all to see because quite frankly, it's easier to do it once (than 50 times.. Laughing )

The LED is "Designed And Manufactured In The USA" according to the *box*.

Yes, the QVC model (which is the *new* mold) is the one that will be available at lightstim.com starting Jan. 1st 2011. (If anybody orders between now and then, it will be the *current* AALS model they will receive... (Just to remind everyone what Toby has already said, it is only the *mold* that is different. The specs have remained the same.

So here are a few pictures that I took of both models for comparison, for those interested (new model on the left);

Just so you can get a sense of head size, maybe this will help (my hands are by no means skimpy in size Laughing )

My face on the other hand is on the puny side, and 2 or 3 spots is all it takes per side for me;

Hope that helps.. Wink

*Pay no attention to the purple stair case by the bed, it's Chi-Chi's* (Hand made by Mr Kassy for our girl.. Laughing )

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mr Kassy is awesome to take care of Chi Chi - not many chihuahua's have there own personal staircase Laughing and you have some pretty hands Missy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - For those of us who have been using AAlightstim for a couple years and found it worked wonderfully, doesn't it feel good to be ahead of the curve?? Nice to know something we had faith in and keep on using faithfully is finally catching on! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Okay I have been wanting to share my experience with the serum Steve will be
carrying on his website, but felt I needed to give a little more time for a
proper review. I have used it now for a little over two weeks and LOVE it. It is
to be used prior to the light treatment. My experience with the Lightstim is
that I used it for the last 10 months either using plain green tea(thanks to
Skippie) or using nothing at all. I know Kassy's preps would have been good, but
I can't find the time to order and do the DIY stuff. Anyway, my new results have
been very good, and beyond what I have seen before using the serum...especially
around the eyes. Let me take you back and explain how I got started with the
serum...I emailed Steve about a month ago because I remembered last year when I
bought my light he told me about a serum he had. I couldn't afford to get the
serum and the light at the same time and thought I would try the serum
later...Well when I emailed him a month ago he told me that he had a NEW serum
and NEW light and he wanted me to try it out. If you read some earlier posts
from Kassy you already know she also is part of this trial run with the new
light and serum. I love gadgets and facial exercises.....never been too big on
serums and creams because nothing has really made that much of a difference for
me...well that was before I tried this serum ....this serum is really great. If
you have read some of my posts on the Easy eye solutions thread you already know
I have struggled with under eye issues...not crows feet but the dreaded aging
look under the eyes with some bagging. Easy eye Solutions completely disguises
the bags and smoothes the under eye area nicely but I desire a permanent fix if
there is one with out the knife. What I am seeing is this serum plus the light
is plumping my under eye area up and taking the crepy look away. I still use
Easy Eye Solutions for some slight bagging, but now need less of it. I am beyond
being impressed with the serum and the light and would expect with several
months of use more results will be apparent. I called Steve about my results the
other day and told him what I was noticing with the serum light treatment...he
said my experience is what others have reported that have been using the NEW
serum. For me the serum has taken the light treatments to another level.
Now as far as Brierrose getting the serum as an added bonus.....Steve obviously
must not be able to offer anything like that openly, but knowing what kind of a
guy he is, I would bet that anyone contacting him directly and letting him know
that you had supported LightStim by buying on the QVC launch on the 29th, he
would probably be glad to... or at a minimum feel obligated to do something
similar for Brierrose... That is, as long as you promised to not write
about it on the forum Laughing "

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I just talked to Lightstim - the new lights are made here in good old US of A, only the electric cord is made in China (I was concerned about the quality of these new units, so decided to check..)

HTH

P.S. They are trying to get it corrected with QVC as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
When I started using the Lightstim a year ago I had a lengthy conversation with Steve since I had done light treatments with other lights. He suggested daily treatments and two days off. That is the way I have done it when I was in the first phase of treatment and then when I went into maintenance I did two times a week. I have started back to a phase one again in using the serum with the treatments. The results are very nice! Wink

Now if you have some of the other LED lights, not a Lightstim....I am sure the serum Steve carries would ramp up your light treatments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Parsnip wrote:
Kassy, I was wondering if you are trying the new serum as well and how it compares with the pumpkin extract cell stem serum of yours? Thank you.

I used the serum alone (twice a day) for the 1st week, and did treatments 5 nights in a row. (I didn't use any other products, including vit C for the entire week.)

On about the 3rd day of use, it looked to me that the undereye area looked a little nicer. Unfortunately, the comparison picture I took didn't confirm any obvious change. After the 1st week I added my own regime back in, but continued to only use the LS serum before a treatment.

With that said, I will also offer that I do incorporate Matrixyl 3000 and Hyaluronic Acid into my DIY serums, so perhaps I'm already a step ahead of the game in that regard.. (There are a couple of other actives in the LS serum, but those two are the ones that would work the *quickest* on lines/wrinkles IMHO.)

It wouldn't be fair to compare it to my DIY "Cell Stimulating Serum" because not only do I have more + different actives in mine, but I have them at very significant concentration... (Retail products just don't do that as a rule.) I do like the LS serum though, and think it would make a nice light moisturizing serum, even without LED use.

I'll say this though about the LS serum it's lovely to use, absorbs in quickly, and to my nose, had no artificial fragrance. (For DIY folks, this serum could be tweaked and stretched like you wouldn't believe... Laughing)

Parsnip wrote:
Toby and Kassy, I know that recent discussions have been around using the AALS every other day. The company seems to suggest that every day use is preferred. In your testing of the new light stim are you using it daily or staying with every other day? ...and have your feelings changed on the need for a day off inbetween? Thank you for all of your time and information Wink.

I did 5 treatments per week, over the last two weeks as Steve requested. For me I see no obvious positives in this kind of aggressive treatment at this 3 plus year mark of use. I do see one negative though, and that is a puffiness of the entire upper eye area. Actually I am *feeling* what might turn out to be a positive, but at this time pictures aren't showing any change.. *My face + neck *feel* tighter* (I have also been doing a new massage that I found on U-Tube the past few nights, so it could be that too.. Confused )

As I've said all along, I'll repeat again for our newer members or new LS users. Here's what worked well for me since Sept 2007. (We are all unique and different, so I'm just offering this as a general guide if it helps.)

- TAKE BEFORE PICTURES THAT YOU CAN EASILY DUPLICATE IN A ROOM WITH NO WINDOWS, THAT HAS ARTIFICIAL LIGHT... Please trust me on this, and don't rely on the mirror alone. The results are subtle and cumulative, and then all of a sudden you will have a BAM moment (at around 4ish months), and without the pictures you won't be able to pinpoint anything. (I had nicer feeling skin from day 1, so do the *feel* test too.)

- 4 or 5 times a week for the 1st 6 to 8 weeks, depending on age.) You want to be aggressive through at least the 1st skin cycle.

- Once you are seeing noticable results, you can back off to 2 or 3 times per week. (Let your skin be your guide.. It will tell you exactly what it needs!)

- cover each section of area to be treated for 3 or 4 minutes. (I do 3 but I'm not obbessive or anything. I just do it while watching TV and check the clock on the cable box.. going over an extra minute isn't a problem. (Like anything else, everybody has to experiment to see what THEIR skin wants!)

- drinking a glass of water pre and post treatment will help rid the toxins through the increased lymphatic drainage the LED promotes. (For massage girls and boys, you can kick this up a notch by doing a quick manual lymphatic drainage massage after your treatment..(apply a nice oil so you don't irritate your skin.)

- for me exfoliating is a must and I just use a microfiber cloth gently. (Age is a definite factor to keep in mind with exfoliation.. Young'uns skin naturally turns over every 28 days.. My age (60) takes more around the 6 week mark.. (I just help it along and my skin still behaves and looks much younger.. Wink )

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I just read the QVC link that Toby shared on another thread and just think it's important to clarify this for newbie's to LED's.

It's being advertised for treatment of "periorbital wrinkles", but please don't just use it on the eye area. (Maybe being approved as a "medical" device by the FDA makes the rules more stringent for what it can be advertised for.. Confused )I dunno Very Happy

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A213089.desc.LightStim-For-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device

Anyhoo, just want to make sure that anybody who uses or buys this (or any good) LED, spreads the goodness around to your; face, neck, decollete and hands.. Very Happy

*Just another thought for those who know and trust me here; the QVC price of $244.56 (today) with 3 flex pays and free shipping is sick*... And yes, I'm ordering another one!* Unlike you guys, I have the advantage of knowing what his *gift* is for those who purchase with the QVC launch, and it's an honest to God really nice deal for those who were contemplating an LED.

Later Kiddies Very Happy

Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Now for any new Lightstim owners...you now have something in common with some of these celebrities...Steve sent out the new Lightstim to the following people..

Quoted from Steve,
"Oprah, Michelle Obama, Arnold & Maria Shriver-Swartzarzenegger, Laura Bush, Mary J Blige, Erin Brockovich, Deepak Chopra, Sally Field, Jane Fonda, Leeza Gibbons, Goldie Hawn, Donna Karen, Kim Kardashian, Caroline Kennedy, Billie Jean King, Matt Lauer, Laura and Lisa Ling, Rob Lowe, Sarah Mclachian, Jillian Michaels, Suze Orman, Lisa and Dr. Oz, Robert Redford, Tony Robbins, Diane Sawyer, Jessica Simpson, and Rita Wilson. These people are among the few to get their hands on a LightStim for Wrinkles prior to the QVC launch on the 29th. We at LightStim are extremely fortunate, as this is one of the incredible opportunities that has been afforded to LightStim because of our Over-The-Counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles".

Personally, I couldn't care less who recieved a complimentary, pre-launch LightStim; there is no guarantee that these people will use it. I am sure some people are impressed by name-dropping though! For all we know, the unit will be thrown into the garbage, unopened. Companies often use this marketing strategy to promote their products; celebrities are often the recipients. I am sure these people could easily afford either professional treatments or could readily purchase a professional light for home use if convenience was an issue.

As far as the issue of "Over-The-Counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles" goes, LightStim is neither the first nor the only company to receive this clearance. In fact LightStim cited Omnilux New-U, Light BioScience Gentlewaves Consumer LED, Omnilux Revive & Plus Combo, and Emergo Group LumiPhase-R as Predicate Devices when applying for FDA clearance on their Anti-Aging Light (a predicate device is a product which the FDA has previously granted approval that is "substantially equivalent"). They then used the approved Anti-Aging Light as the predicate for the new Light For Wrinkles device.

OTC FDA Clearance just means the device is safe for use by the consumer, when used in accordance with the instructions. it doesn't mean it is necessarily effective as claimed. For those so inclined, you can read the FDA approval documents here:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf9/K092800.pdf

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/K101190.pdf

All I am saying is don't be confused or even impressed by the marketing of the product! I will say that Steve did a very good job of selling his new device though.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion (50 ml / 1.7 floz) PSF Pure Skin Formulations Retinol Nano Lotion (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |