Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back Miss Kassy............and we've got your back covered now. Very Happy
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Why does the theme song to Welcome Back Kotter keep playing in my head?? Laughing

You young-uns on here won't even know what I'm talking about. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
But the Oldie Goldie folks do Wink
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
But the Oldie Goldie folks do Wink
Toby

Toby,

You certainly don't LOOK like an Oldie Goldie. Must be all that Eye Tuck and Safetox. You look Fab Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, Kassy, So glad YOU are back. YIPPEE Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
EC413 wrote:
Is targeting the top of the nose hard with the LightStim? I will be receiving mine early this upcoming week, and what I really need is to take care of some minor broken capillaries on my nose, I REALLY want to focus on that area, but I was unsure as to whether using the LightStim on the top of the nose is possible, and if it will have results?

Also, how do you guys feel about the fact that the LightStim's have no filter or plastic covering over the diodes?

I completely forgot to mention the broken caps when I answered your PM.. Crying or Very sad

They are the hardest thing to completely get rid of, but you will notice slow and steady improvement over time. What will also help that along, is the use of a cream or lotion that contains a decent amount of vitamin K and/or products that contain Butcher's Broom or other ingredients that encourage increased circulation and help to repair sluggish veins + blood vessels.

As far as the *opened* design of the treatment head, I'm of the opinion that it is one of the two most important thing that sets LightStim products apart from the rest. While I'm at it, I would also give you a heads up not to be surprised or worried if you see little tiny indentations in your face following your first several treatments.. Laughing It's nothing to worry about, and they will be gone within an hour.. The more backed up your lymph system is, the more 'indents' you will see from the diodes pressing the fluid filled skin..(You only need them to touch the skin, and do not have to press hard!) As you continue your treatments, your lymphatics will drain like the dickens, and you won't see the dents as time moves on... Drink a glass of water pre and post treatment, which will move the toxins out quickly and effectively..

Good luck, and please share all your thoughts (good or bad) for any help I can offer.

Don't be surprised if you recieve it as early as tomorrow evening!

Dont we all just love the conflicting information out there, I find this quite interesting:

Vitamin K, technically known as phytonadione, is a fat-soluble vitamin manufactured in the liver that is necessary to ensure proper blood clotting. Its relation to the circulatory system has been parlayed into its use as a cosmetic ingredient to help diminish vascular conditions that emerge as skin imperfections such as dark circles under the eyes, redness from rosacea, and broken capillaries (including spider veins, also known as telangiectasia). It is important to note that vitamin K in skin-care products is considered a cosmetic ingredient, not a pharmaceutical or drug. Therefore, cosmetics companies are not required to prove their claims about what they say it can do for skin.

What is truly lacking is any research concerning vitamin K' effectiveness when used topically, at least in terms of affecting surface capillaries. According to Dr. Craig Feied, MD, director of the American Vein Institute and Associate Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine at George Washington University, vitamin K is associated with veins and blood because it is a factor in the blood's ability to clot. Blood clots can choke off the blood flow through a vein or capillary and make it disappear. However, applying vitamin K to the surface of the skin won't make spider veins disappear, or even fade significantly. If vitamin K could penetrate the skin to affect the blood flow in spider veins, it could also affect the blood flow in healthy veins. If you're considering a vitamin K product for the reasons mentioned above, this is not cause for alarm. In order for vitamin K to form blood clots you need to take large doses that are metabolized in the liver, where proteins are formed. These special proteins are what cause the blood to clot, and aren't related to topical application of vitamin K. Be aware that sunburns, heat, pressure on the face, injury, smoking, or repeated irritation or inflammation from irritating skin-care ingredients can increase the occurrence of spider veins. Avoid these and you can reduce the appearance of these veins, as well as their formation. The best treatment option for spider veins remains non-ablative lasers such as the Intense Pulsed Light system (Sources: Dermatologic Surgery, October 2005, pages 1,285-1,289; and British Journal of Plastic Surgery, October 2005, pages 981-987).
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-facts-vitamin-k-phytonadione-topical-cream-treatment.aspx

Vitamin K: Some cosmetics companies sell creams and lotions containing vitamin K, claiming it can reduce or eliminate surfaced spider veins (technically referred to as telangiectasias). These creams cannot change spider veins. The only research concerning vitamin K’s effectiveness on skin or surfaced spider veins comes from the companies that sell these products. There are no published or peer-reviewed studies that add up to results you can even remotely count on (Source: Archives of Dermatology, December 1998, pages 1512–1514).
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/dictionary_term.aspx?tid=2149&lid=538&term=vitamin+K

Butcher's broom extract: There is evidence showing that this extract can reduce edema and venous problems when taken orally (Source: Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine, December 2000, pages 539–549). It may also have anti-inflammatory properties for skin, but there is little evidence for that.
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/ingredient_dictionary.aspx?lid=498

Ruscogenine: An extract from the plant butcher’s broom, some research has shown it to be effective when taken orally for improving the function of veins and capillaries. Whether or not it has benefit topically for cellulite isn't supported by independent research. (Sources:www.naturaldatabase.com; and Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, June 2000, pages 539-549)
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=SEARCH%26ID=R

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Why does the theme song to Welcome Back Kotter keep playing in my head?? Laughing

You young-uns on here won't even know what I'm talking about. Very Happy

That's a hoot. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I have something to share that I found out quite by accident when I did my AALS treatment the other night... It was short lived, but is something I'll continue doing, just for the hell of it, to see if there is cumulative benefit..

All the same preparation as usual (cleanse, exfoliation, a quick lymph massage, apply serum, drink water + have at it for an hour or so)...

What was different is that I started from the chest up, and firmly lifted each area treated for the full 3 minutes... (I hope you get what I'm saying... Like press lightly against the skin and push upward.. I did this for the entire neck and face area, and I looked much more refreshed than usual when I finished...

Hopefully it wasn't just wishful thinking, and I might be onto something that could increase the benefits for us... Time will tell!

Hey Kassy - I think you just found your own best way to do facial massage Very Happy

Glad to have you back - you know!!!!If you leave, I'm leaving too. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy A. glad you are back as I value your thoughts. I am finding that some posts a few people submit on various topics have the effect of dampening the conversation and I find them dispiriting and make me not want to bother. I emailed the moderator about it maybe something can be done.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:52 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

BTW, there are fairly simple devices that measure person's hydration by analysing the skin, they cost about $100, so if that is a major concern one can always go the high tech route.

HTH

Hi all,
Just going back a few pages, I came across the sub-discussion for dehydration and how much water we should drink.

I found this advice:
To calculate how much water you should drink for your weight, divide your weight in pounds by three. The result is the minimum you should drink in ounces: e.g. 180lbs divided by three equals 60ozs of water per day. Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

may I ask you where can one buy vitamin K or Butcher's Broom?

It is interesting that raw food guru, Tonya Zavasta, recently was asked about dark circles under the eyes and also recommended adding Vit. K to her facial cream.

I would love to try, but am not sure where to get it.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Kassy,

may I ask you where can one buy vitamin K or Butcher's Broom?

It is interesting that raw food guru, Tonya Zavasta, recently was asked about dark circles under the eyes and also recommended adding Vit. K to her facial cream.

I would love to try, but am not sure where to get it.

TIA

This is a good vitamin K cream.. Use for spot treatments, not the entire face. I believe it has 8% 'natural' vitamin K. When looking for a vitamin K cream you want it to be a yellow color which indicates natural vitamin K. If it's white, it's either synthetic, or just has a dusting of K which is not going to be effective. The 3oz size will last a very long time!

http://www.salonweb.com/medik8/red_alert.htm

I get this 'Butcher's Broom Extract', which is glycerin based, and just put 1/2 dropper full into a 1oz serum now + then. Butcher's broom is a key ingredient in many eye creams. It helps to tackle undereye dark circles, by increasing circulation. It's especially effective on leg veins!

http://www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/GreenCanyon/questp428454/r04

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

thank you - as always excellent advice.

Thanks again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy for your response and wonderful advice. I have used Vitamin K before, but it was from Walgreens, therefore it probably wasn't too powerful.. and it was also white in color.

Still haven't received my LightStim, LOL.

I suppose I'll get it tomorrow. It was shipped Monday, I thought Express was overnight?

Oh well, what can I do? I'm just far too anxious.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Thank you Kassy for your response and wonderful advice. I have used Vitamin K before, but it was from Walgreens, therefore it probably wasn't too powerful.. and it was also white in color.

I suppose I'll get it tomorrow. It was shipped Monday, I thought Express was overnight?

Have you given up on your Ebay lights?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Have you given up on your Ebay lights?

I wouldn't say given up... but I want something more powerful. The eBay lights gave me results (and I still use the panel that I just got), but they seem to only give me a glowy look...which is good, but I think I'd expect far much more from the LightStim. I know, I claimed in my other post that I wouldn't be getting a LightStim because they were far too expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Even though I still think these devices are slightly overpriced, I think I'll be LOVING my skin after I use the LS. I think a lot of the great results from LS is from the diodes actually touching your skin.

I love the panel though, because I can use it possibly for maintenance, along with the LightStim. The hand held eBay device I have I might pawn off to my sister, LOL.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I love my AALS but I think you need to be reasonable in your expectations. You are just a baby so there can't really be all that much to improve, Laughing I hope you won't be disappointed.
Do not forget to take your before pics. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I love my AALS but I think you need to be reasonable in your expectations. You are just a baby so there can't really be all that much to improve, Laughing I hope you won't be disappointed.
Do not forget to take your before pics. Very Happy

Oh believe me, I totally understand. I'm not looking for wrinkle reduction. Even though I do have light lines around the eye area, because of the way my eyes squint when I smile/laugh. I really just want a healthier complexion and maybe to lighten some broken caps. Also as I mentioned, I have a little sun damage (redness)... I'm not expecting like professional/perfect results...just some improvement. My skin sometimes has that dull look and also I have a couple light scars that I'd like to maybe look a little filled in. I also just quit smoking cigarettes, so I think my skin will look even healthier because of that!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yaaay!!! So glad you're back Kassy. Very Happy

Kassy have you tried the butchers broom on your leg veins? I think I should try this if it can help.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to post a little reminder about what has worked out fantastic for me pre + post treatment...(If you are going to respond well to LED treatments, these tips will increase those results.) In my humble opinion + experience, of course.. Very Happy

Pre-Treatment

- Before pictures (and once per month thereafter)

- Cleanse + exfoliate (Exfoliation is the most important thing before every single treatment. As a general rule, I would say the older you are, the more aggressive the exfoliation should be... And NO, not until the skin is raw.. common sense prevails.. Laughing )

- Hydration (A glass of water before and after your LED treatment, will encourage lymphatic drainage, which will move the toxins out more efficiently.)

- Treatment Serum (These are the ingredients I am aware of, that would compliment LED treatments, and are good for the skin... Alpha Hydroxy Acid, *Retinol, Grape Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, *Vitamin C, Green and/or White Tea + I'm still on the fence with (fresh from the leave) Aloe.. **If you incorporate Retinol or Vitamin C, just try to do it an hour before treatment to give it time to penetrate the deeper cells.. Both are light sensitive! Also, don't use Acids + Green Teas together on the same night. When you whip together a serum, just remember nothing occlusive [oils, silicones], and avoid preservatives if possible.. Simple and watery is best IMO + experience)

- Treatments (What worked for me was to be aggressive for the first 6 or so weeks (5 treatments per week), and then I went to 3 times per week.. Eventually 2 times per week totally maintained my results.. At this point in time I'm ready for a tune up, and began treating 3 times per week to kick things up a notch.. Razz

Post-Treatment

- Hydration (Another glass of water whether you think you need it or not.. Laughing )

- Night Time Ritual (I usually do my treatments about 4 hours or so before nighty night.. Right after my treatment I spritz my face with distilled water, apply my antioxidant serum to moist face, let that absorb in well, apply oil and finish with lymphatic massage.. (Every now and then, when time permits, I do a quick lymph massage before treatment, minus the oil of course.. Hours later, before beddy bye I apply either Retin-A or AHA. I use each 3 times per week, and always take a day/night off using nothing at all.

Hope I didn't forget anything, and it's helpful, especially to new LED users.... Oh, and other than specific treatment times, which are so conflicting per manufacturer, I believe that these tips will work for any quality LED device..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Yaaay!!! So glad you're back Kassy. Very Happy

Kassy have you tried the butchers broom on your leg veins? I think I should try this if it can help.

Luckily I don't have leg veins, but my poor sister is riddled with them.. She takes it internally and applies it externally, and said it helped only the smallest of her varicose veins..

The few spider veins I have around my nostrils, cheeks and chin are very faint indeed.. (Can only see them in a 10 X mag mirror now)... I believe it is more from the LED use than the BB though, because I only use the BB occassionally and in the last 4 to 6 months..

They are very stubborn though, and were the last thing to respond to *anything* for me.. And as good as things are looking now, one *too* aggressive stint with the Derma Wand, will make them show up again.. Never as bad as originally though, even considering the confounded cigarettes I can't seem to put down.. Sad

faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy I'm so glad you've decided to come back. Your wealth of knowledge is always so valuable.
I have bought a ultrasound scrubber and massager. I was thinking of using the scrubber to exfoliate and then the massager to penetrate the green tea + aloe gel. And I'll wait for 20mins before doing the LED. Is that overkill?
lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks alot Kassy I think I might give it a try internally and externally.
My spider veins are small but I have alot of them. You never know I may be in luck.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Add to me the list of becoming an AALS user, placed my order & waiting for delivery now. Smile

Kassy & everyone here, thank you so much for your wealth of helpful information. Being somewhat new to EDS, I'm learning lots every time I log on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Add to me the list of becoming an AALS user, placed my order & waiting for delivery now. Smile

Kassy & everyone here, thank you so much for your wealth of helpful information. Being somewhat new to EDS, I'm learning lots every time I log on.

Congrats! I'm in the same boat. HOPEFULLY I get it today. That Express Shipping wasn't as "Express" as I thought. Shock
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |