Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Resurfacing Booster (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I was going to order the ingredients for Kassy's pre-LED treatment when it struck me that perhaps i can use my Dr Brandt anti-oxidant water booster. Do you think it is safe for our skin?

The ingredients list is :
water, glycerin, natural pomegranate flavor, green tea leaf extract, lo han fruit extract, pomegranat fruit extrate, white tea leaf extract, grape seed extract, elderberry fruit extract, potassium sorbate.

thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Snowstar,
Your serum looks fine! I don't think there is any problem with it at all!

IMHO
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
how do you girls use the AALS on your nose and nose bridge? i have some broken capillaries on the nose bridge between my eyes.

having problems angling it to touch the skin as well as avoiding the light. despite closing my eye lids, the AALS light still hurts my eyes.

thanks

snowstar I use the little tanning booth sun goggles that protects my eyes and I just hold the AALS over my nose sort of on the bridge.
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
snowstar wrote:
how do you girls use the AALS on your nose and nose bridge? i have some broken capillaries on the nose bridge between my eyes.

having problems angling it to touch the skin as well as avoiding the light. despite closing my eye lids, the AALS light still hurts my eyes.

thanks

snowstar I use the little tanning booth sun goggles that protects my eyes and I just hold the AALS over my nose sort of on the bridge.
HTH

What a great idea Alley! That is so smart and inexpensive, it's so important to protect your eyes from any intense light!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Rita from prolight sent me a pair of these when I get my light from her.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes snowstar, I am also trying to combat some broken capillaries on the bridge of my nose. Sad that I am in my 20's with broken caps, but I blame it on too much TANNING, sun exposure, and unfortunately I used to smoke cigarettes.

It is kind of awkward to treat the nose, but it's possible. I also have some tanning bed goggles that I purchased on ebay. I don't wear them often, but they will definitely help when you are trying to treat your nose because the light does shine brightly into your eyes at that angle (even if you are closing your eyes).

The amount of AALS users, and LED users in general, is getting larger! And all I hear are good results. Makes me happy that I have gone this route. My skin looks better than it has in years. I don't even use the LightStim everyday, maybe about 3-4 days a week now, and my skin continues to improve...I'm smitten.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Packratmack,

I believe that is why Kassy had recommended to wait after you apply the serum or plain green tea. Once it is absorbed there will be nothing left to reflect the light, unless it builds a film on top of your skin.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
thanks DarkMoon, the booster wter is meant to be added to water and drunk, figured if it's good enough to be ingested, it should be ok for my skin!

i'm still eyeing Kassy's serum though, but perhaps after the Xmas season!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Alley!, i'll look around for it =)

Alley wrote:

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
reposting from LED Light and Green Tea thread.
thanks DarkMoon for the heads up.

-----

Kassy, last set of questions on pre-led serum, promise!

I'm really confused over the ingredients list.... short as it is.. Confused
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract
Skinactives sells this in powder form while TPF has it as a liquid. Does the 1/4 tsp refer to the powder or liquid form?

1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
I'm assuming this should be in liquid form as your recipe states serum. Skinactives has this only in powder form. How much distill water should I be adding to the HA powder to change to a serum? (This is on top of the original 3 tbsp of distilled water in the recipe)

1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
Is this 1 tbs of SKB powder or 1 tbs of SKP solution as sold by Skinactives?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
- From Steve at LightStim - advice on the use of AALS around the eye area:

PQ

The best way to use the AALS around the eyes is to close the eye on the side of the face one is working on and to slightly tilt the head of the light so that no light is shinning in the direction of the eye. Almost all users start out this way and after some time they start opening that eye and find that they are not sensitive to the light, IF any light is shining towards the eye.

BUT, a very few people are very sensitive to light, any light, and the above method may not be adequate for them. The correct thing for them to do is to use goggles. The simple kind that are about $2 at your local tanning salon. LightStim sends goggles with it's large 2-panel Professional Lights, so we have these in stock. We have had about 2 or 3 people call us in the last 8 years who had very sensitive eyes and we always just send them a free pair.

All that said, wavelengths that are the same and/or similar to the AALS are now being used to reverse blindness caused by diabetes, reverse macular degeneration and in Beverly Hills you can go to an opthamologist and he will put a few drops in your eyes and then shine an LED into it and correct some types of vision problems (for $6,000).

I hope this answers your questions.

Best wishes, Steve

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks PQ =)

The AALS light is tolerable when I'm using it on most parts of my face or if i'm following LightStim's suggested routine.

The only time my eyes are feeling the light (even when closed ) is when i'm trying to get at the pesky spots between my eyes and on the upper nose bridge. I don't think tilting my head in any directions will help as I am angling the AALS to get at each side of the nose bridge.

Just want to clarify as I don't wish to scare off potential users! It's *ONLY* when I'm working at the nose bridge and area between the eyes that the light is affecting me =)

PS i would like to add that i'm feeling very very much loved at everyone's help and response. thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Thanks PQ =)
PS i would like to add that i'm feeling very very much loved at everyone's help and response. thank you.

What a lovely thought snowstar.

I would like to thank Kassy for starting all these topics that have helped so many EDS members. I hope she can hear me.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
PQ,

how true.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is true. Kassy has been very generous with her DIY, her ideas, her guidance and her pictures. She's helped many people and given her time and talents. I know she has enjoyed helping many on EDS.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Reporting in after two weeks of using my AALS...

The major thing to report besides the softness immediately post treatment is this surprise - while washing my face with a wash cloth and gently removing some surface dryness, a hard white bit of sebum scrubbed right out Shock These are those annoying little white bits I hope will surface someday but generally leave alone. This has happened a couple of times and I am most pleased!

Something is happening Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Now that you mentioned that Summer_time, my pores seem clearer too. I'm going on my 5th week of usage and very happy here.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Now that you mentioned that Summer_time, my pores seem clearer too. I'm going on my 5th week of usage and very happy here.

Good to hear, WhiteWolf Very Happy I shall carry on!

What I was referring to was something really hard...I can only guess that it is the remains of old cystic acne? or perhaps new cystic acne interrupted??? Anyway, I couldn't believe it came out of my face Embarassed Laughing and so easily. It left a little hole that is healing quite nicely. And, as I said, it has happened twice - once from my forehead and once from my chin. Perhaps the AALS is bringing "things" to the surface?

I invision a cartoon depiction of all our sun damage and skin impurities jumping ship when they get bombarded by the mighty AALS Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Steve at Lightstim and asked him which occlusive ingredients in serums and creams we should steer away from and also how long we should wait before commencing treatment. Here is his reply:

Thanks for your questions. Stay away from Retin-A or products with Retin-A in them. Other than that, we have not heard of any problems. As far as serums and creams before using your Light: This almost always enhances the benefits and results. The important thing is to make sure that you have worked the product INTO the skin and that there is not moist residue on the surface of the skin. Then, as long as it's dry you can start. Waiting 10 minutes is long enough to insure penetration and dryness in most cases.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to use us as a sounding board whenever you have questions.

Best wishes, Steve

5% products discount

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my AALS and Retin-A for about 4 weeks and I have seen some major improvements. The texture of my skin is much better and the lines on my neck have smoothed out considerably.

It has not bothered the Rosacea on my face and the broken capillaries on my nose have lightened. I do have some new irritation and itchy bumps on the upper chest area.

The light seems to be bringing my milia and old acne to the surface and turning it into red spots, then after several days it heals and goes away. Not a pretty process, but I can see that the end result will be worth the temporary blotches.

I had a dime sized circular raised area on my cheek that has been growing larger over the last several years. I have shown it to the dermatologist who said that she could cut it off, but that it would leave a large scar. She never explained what it was or gave me any hope of getting rid of it without surgery and a scar. To add to my annoyance it repeatedly sprouted a long lovely hair. Rolling Eyes Amazingly the AASL has reduced it and it is now smaller than the end of an eraser it has also reduced the amount that it sticks out. It has now turned red like many of the other odd bumps on my face and I am pretty sure that it is going to disappear completely.

The AALS is also reducing a scar from a bump that was removed several years ago and a scar on my chin that had not healed in the last year.

My 18 year of daughter has used the light 2-3 times and it has reduce a scar that she has had since she was 3 years old. My 19-year old it using it to reduce acne scars on her forehead. The were both a bit skeptical when the firs saw the glowing light, but changed their minds when they realized how much the growth on my cheek was reducing.

I do have to make sure to drink several glasses of water while I am using the light or my will be skin dried out the next day.

Thank you to all of those who recommended this product and gave suggestions on how to get results.

I am now considering the Vaculifter or the Dermawand. Which one would lift the eyelid area?
suldrun
5% products discount

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a current coupon code for AALS?

This is the reason I avoid this place!!! It makes me want stuff!!!

Darn it I am getting the AALS for myself for Christmas Smile

I have been following this thread on and off for a while while I decided what to get. I know I need something to help with fine lines and mottled discoloration from years in the sun. I debated on dermawand, rolling and a few other gadgets but I am thinking that this is one that will help with the sun damage.

Right now I do Ageless along with a few xtra forhead exercises, facemaster and easy eye solutions. So far I have had good results with eveything I have tried so I hope that continues with the AALS.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread. All of the input has helped me reach a final decision Smile

-Sul
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this on Page 49 of this thread recently:

Lightstim have a Christmas offer:

In appreciation of your patronage, we would like to offer you a Holiday Coupon Code. When ordering online or by phone, mention coupon code Holly120910 and receive 10% off any one LightStim.

Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu

Thank you for reposting the coupon code and you did it so fast too!!!

I just placed my order and am so excited Smile I had to do it fast before I got cold feet Shock

-Sul
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
suldrun wrote:
Keliu

Thank you for reposting the coupon code and you did it so fast too!!!

I just placed my order and am so excited Smile I had to do it fast before I got cold feet Shock

-Sul

Hey Sul... I definitely dont think you will regret this purchase Very Happy
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I love how everyone is buying a LightStim!

I haven't used mine in a couple days, but with all this talk about it, I'm gonna use it today! I miss it LOL.

You guys that recently placed your order, you're going to love it! Stick with it in the first month or two, and after that continue with maintenance treatments every week or so. Maybe twice a week if you wish.

I have already been through the first month with mine,and used it almost daily. I am now down to just maintenance, and I had thought my skin was going to get worse and show signs of going back to how it originally was, but surprisingly my skin still looks great. Proves that LED therapy truly is an excellent thing for our skin.

I feel like we are years ahead with a LightStim! We're a little club.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Skin Biology Super CP Serum - Small (28.3 g / 1 oz) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |