Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
You could be right although I did use it with another LED light and did not have any breakouts. Light Stim is coming out with their own product in a couple of months.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi smitty,

Sounds like you got hit with the same snowstorm that dumped about 22 in. on us.

I'm certainly no expert on this as I've only been using my LightStim approx. 4 months now, but for me I use it on 10 areas of my face (including forehead) which takes 30 min. Then I use it on my neck and decollete which takes about 20-25 min. more. I was using it consistently (5-6 times a wk.) when I first got it and now have backed off to about twice per week. I am not seeing the results I was several months ago and now think I need to up my usage again. Also, I have never used the pre-treatment serum (although I bought the ingredients to do so Embarassed ) but, I do use just plain green or white tea bags and to me it makes all the difference. This is such an individual thing as no two peoples skin are exactly the same, but for the price I would definitely pick up a box of tea to try. You will quickly find your own pattern and what works best for your skin. Please keep us updated as to how it's going. Wink

P.S. Glad you had a good experience with eBay.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know of a new promo code? I am asking for an AALS for my late Xmas present - our family just couldn't get our butts in gear this season Smile

Thanks!
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Tx girl - why don't you just call Steve at lightstim and tell him youi are an EDS forum
person and ask him for a 10% discount - never
hurts to ask. DiPhx

5% products discount

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Tx girl - why don't you just call Steve at lightstim and tell him youi are an EDS forum
person and ask him for a 10% discount - never
hurts to ask. DiPhx

Embarassed Never even thought about that. I read people's comments about the EDS discount, but I thought it was a special club thing. Will give Steve a call!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:
Anyone know of a new promo code? Thanks!

Here ya go;

EDS83y4t

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy for raving about the AALS and being very very encouraging =)

It's being about a month since I started using the AALS and it has made a huge difference to the texture of my skin. I hope to use it more constantly and to be amazed in 6 month's time.

My mother is sharing it with me and she enjoys the warmth of the AALS.

The AALS is easily the best skincare product I've bought in 2009.

Thank you Kassy

5% products discount

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I've read and read and read so much on this forum over the last 3 weeks, I think I made my eyes bleed! Embarassed

Thanks everyone for posting your experiences, it helps soooo much. I am sure we have all experienced the empty purse syndrome at the hand of snake oil marketing pitches, so it's refreshing to get the real deal - "warts and all", "tell it like it really is" version.

Thanks Kassy for your amazing posts about the AALS and home made concoctions, I was researching LEDs when I came across the EDS site and I'm glad I did. I was about to buy the Omnilux but will now go with the AALS.

I tried that discount code but it was invalid. Does someone have another I can try?

TIA

Cheers
Kat (from Australia)
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kat - go to the lightstim website; there is an 800 number or email address - tell Steve you are an EDS member and ask him for a discount.
He's very good about those things -
DIPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I am only new to this forum and am so thankful for all the amazing advice on here, thank you all so much.

The Lightstim is on my wish list, and I was wondering, I am in Melbourne, Australia and I see some people are from Australia too, can you tell me if you had any problems with customs on this, and how much postage cost? We can only get this through ordering from the US right?

also has anyone heard of something like this called 'Skin Physics Photon'?? Just saw it advertised in a WW magazine! Looks very similiar, LED therapy?
smittydog
5% products discount

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Wondering what those of you who have had good results are putting on your skin prior to treatment. I've only being using AALS for about 2wks. I've used water or green tea I've brewed from Celestial Seasonings. The description of NCN's "Green Tea Cream" sounds fabulous, has anyone tried that?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi smittydog - I've tried "non green tea" serums and just plain green tea - found the green tea to be most effective. Have never tried a green tea serum yet as I'm happy witht he green tea. Right afterwords, use CP's and they work great as well with LED's.
DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
I am only new to this forum and am so thankful for all the amazing advice on here, thank you all so much.

The Lightstim is on my wish list, and I was wondering, I am in Melbourne, Australia and I see some people are from Australia too, can you tell me if you had any problems with customs on this, and how much postage cost? We can only get this through ordering from the US right?

also has anyone heard of something like this called 'Skin Physics Photon'?? Just saw it advertised in a WW magazine! Looks very similiar, LED therapy?

Hi Bernie, I'm from Sydney and I bought the AALS last year. I didn't have to pay customs on it. I don't know whether I was just lucky or not. Normally, if it's below $250AUD then there's no duty but over this duty is charged. I guess you just have to try. I think I asked Steve to put $250AUD as the cost on the parcel (which some people do) but he said he couldn't do that. HTH.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Also I haven't seen it for sale anywhere in Oz so you need to buy from the US and directly from them is the best. You can get the Omnilux at some beauty salons and another one from Myer (can't remember the name)which I didn't think was very good.
smittydog
5% products discount

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx, thanks for the infor. That's exactly what I'm doing! So many new things for me to keep up with and learn! Although it's comforting to know there are alternatives to surgery.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:

There's no problem in ordering the AALS from Australia - just ask them for an Australian adaptor.

Had a look at the Skin Physics Photon but couldn't find any technical information on it. There are so many LEDs coming on the market now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for the advice, this is next on my wishlist!!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:

Skin Physics Photon - details at : http://skinphysics.net/kit.asp

A hand held red led device - the supplier is citing the NASA study that all LED suppliers promote - so I would guess it is just another flavour of device, unless some one has one and can their experience with us all.

I can't buy anymore to test - I am on strict orders!

Smile

HTH

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
More details of Physic Photon LED system at:

http://www.femail.com.au/skin-physics-photo-rejuvenation-system.htm

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone...update here.

Been using my AALS since around Nov. 7th and now I'm down to using it 4-5 times a week. I haven't seen any changes as far as wrinkles go but my age spots are diminishing. Age spots and old acne scars are much lighter. So I'm very happy about that. Smile

I'm still overdue for a new photo, got some acne on my chin but it's clearing now. I was using some GoW cleansers which just weren't working out.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

Been using my AALS since around Nov. 7th and now I'm down to using it 4-5 times a week. I haven't seen any changes as far as wrinkles go but my age spots are diminishing. Age spots and old acne scars are much lighter. So I'm very happy about that. Smile

I'm still overdue for a new photo, got some acne on my chin but it's clearing now. I was using some GoW cleansers which just weren't working out.

Hi WhiteWolf,

Thanks for the update. Do you notice your skin is firmer or more plump. Are you using the green or white tea before using your AALS?

I actually started omnilux revive at a salon. Had my first treatment yesterday, noticed a big improvement in brightness and tone, skin seemed a little firmer straight away. I am thinking of doing a series of sessions then continue with the hand held device. Wish I could afford the professional unit at home!! Bad Grin

Cheers
Kat
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katstrut, yes I have indeed notice my face looking a bit more plump and firmer. I have to admit, I've been lazy about the green tea pre-treatment. I'm a mom to toddlers ages 2 & 4 and some nights getting them to bed is a pain, so I just skip it. I'll try to change that, try harder to squeeze in that pretreatment, because of the rave reviews for it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Katstrut wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

Hi WhiteWolf,

Thanks for the update. Do you notice your skin is firmer or more plump. Are you using the green or white tea before using your AALS?

I actually started omnilux revive at a salon. Had my first treatment yesterday, noticed a big improvement in brightness and tone, skin seemed a little firmer straight away. I am thinking of doing a series of sessions then continue with the hand held device. Wish I could afford the professional unit at home!! Bad Grin

Cheers
Kat

Kat -

I have a series of Salon Omilux Revive - 3 treatments with a 2 day gap in between each one - I find this intense protocol gives me the best results, drink at least a litre of water before the treatment and lots and lots of water afterwards - you will really see the difference in the plumpness of your skin, if you are really hydrated pre/post treatment.

Does your salon offer the Omnilux Plus treatment? Which is the infra red salon head?

I am really pleased this is working for you.

Take care

PQ

5% products discount

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:41 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Katstrut wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

Hi WhiteWolf,

Cheers
Kat

Kat -

I have a series of Salon Omilux Revive - 3 treatments with a 2 day gap in between each one - I find this intense protocol gives me the best results, drink at least a litre of water before the treatment and lots and lots of water afterwards - you will really see the difference in the plumpness of your skin, if you are really hydrated pre/post treatment.

Does your salon offer the Omnilux Plus treatment? Which is the infra red salon head?

I am really pleased this is working for you.

Take care

PQ

Thanks PQ,Very Happy

I remembered the comments here about hydration so I drank a lot before and after, not sure I managed a litre though Shock haha but I sure will for next time. Thanks for the tip re 2 days apart I will try that also.

I think they only have the revive and the acne one PQ but I will ask about the PLUS.

Darn it I looked on Tavakoli's website re the skin physics photon and I was impressed with the photographs - take a look (oops can't link websites on this forum) oook try this - luxemedispaDOTcomDOTau/medispa-sydney/face-treatments/led-before-afterDOTphp I hope that works I want some opinions re these results which is what they claim to have had after 3 months use.

From skin physics photon website - Incorporating high output Super Luminous Diode optics controlled by an inbuilt microprocessor the hand piece delivers high intensity photon energy at pre-set time intervals in both continuous and pulsed mode. (I wonder what benefit there is in pulsing?...Confused)

It doesn't mention anything about how many lights/red/infra/no technical info and no mention of amber which is AALS's UVP at this point. I tend not to trust companies that don't provide intelligent (non fluff) info for the intelligent consumer and they don't have anything intelligent on their site. I should stop researching this before my eyes start to bleed and just order the AALs! LOL Anxious

Cheers
Kat
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
The lack of technical information also concerned me - it makes it hard to know what you're actually buying. Does it state anywhere where the device is made? It's interesting because it only seems to be available here in Australia. As for the pulsing - this has been discussed on the Forum before, and the general consensus of opinion is that pulsing is unnecessary "fluff".

If you do order the AALS, rest assured that you will have made a good choice.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |