Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The lack of technical information also concerned me - it makes it hard to know what you're actually buying. Does it state anywhere where the device is made? It's interesting because it only seems to be available here in Australia. As for the pulsing - this has been discussed on the Forum before, and the general consensus of opinion is that pulsing is unnecessary "fluff".

If you do order the AALS, rest assured that you will have made a good choice.

Keliu - I totally agree - I couldn't find any real specification - we know what you are buying with the AALS are you said.

Love to Lulu x

5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:06 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Keliu wrote:
The lack of technical information also concerned me - it makes it hard to know what you're actually buying. Does it state anywhere where the device is made? It's interesting because it only seems to be available here in Australia. As for the pulsing - this has been discussed on the Forum before, and the general consensus of opinion is that pulsing is unnecessary "fluff".

If you do order the AALS, rest assured that you will have made a good choice.

Keliu - I totally agree - I couldn't find any real specification - we know what you are buying with the AALS are you said.

Love to Lulu x

Thanks Keliu and PQ,
Yes it's easy to get caught up with the overwhelming amount of poor information available. Thank goodness for EDS to help us through.

PQ I asked about PLUS and they don't have it. I'm still going to have the series of revive (although I know it won't penetrate as deep without the infrared) I will still get good results I feel. Also when I get the AALS I can take those results further (well that's the idea Laughing )

Cheers
Kat
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Kat - the Revive will give you a real boost and you will get the IR from the AALS.
Take care
PQ

5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Hi Katstrut, yes I have indeed notice my face looking a bit more plump and firmer. I have to admit, I've been lazy about the green tea pre-treatment. I'm a mom to toddlers ages 2 & 4 and some nights getting them to bed is a pain, so I just skip it. I'll try to change that, try harder to squeeze in that pretreatment, because of the rave reviews for it. Smile

Hi Whitewolf, I remember reading some people have used a green tea serum. Perhaps that is a good compromise if you're short for time Laughing

So glad to hear you are getting results anyway.

Cheers
Kat
smittydog
5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Kat, are you applying the green tea from steeped bags? I've been soaking a cotton pad in steeped green tea and applying it the area to be treated next as I go thru my AALS treatment.
Pls share, thx.
Smitt

5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
smittydog wrote:
Kat, are you applying the green tea from steeped bags? I've been soaking a cotton pad in steeped green tea and applying it the area to be treated next as I go thru my AALS treatment.
Pls share, thx.
Smitt

Hi Smitt,

I am about to order the AALS just waiting on my pay Rolling Eyes but in the meantime I am doing the omnilux revive at a salon. From what I read on this forum, I will be making my green tea (and possibly white tea) from loose leaf tea or non chemically treated tea bags then I will try soaking cotton pads in the tea and leaving it on my face for 20 mins prior to using the AALS or using a spray bottle and continuously spraying my face for 20 mins prior to treatment. I will definitely post when I've had a chance to use it and share my experience.

Cheers
Kat
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if you can use green tea extract,instead of loose tea? If so how much tea and how much distilled water? Or is the prefer way with loose tea?
Katstrut
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Does anyone know if you can use green tea extract,instead of loose tea? If so how much tea and how much distilled water? Or is the prefer way with loose tea?

FROM AN OLDER POST:

Kassy_A wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
Kassy...is the green tea extract something that you can get in the health food store as a vitamin supplement, or is it one that is designed only for topical application that should be purchased from a skincare supplier?

When it comes to DIY, always use the actives from a DIY supplier.. Supplements always have either gylycerin, preservatives, gelatin or other fillers, and just don't measure up.. You can get great green tea extract from any of the DIY suppliers. It's best to use the pure extracts/actives for formulating. Lotioncrafters.com is a good one also.

I did read somewhere about ratio of water to tea but I can't find it. I think the consensus was that there is so much variation in the strength of tea unless you use an extract.
Perhaps a resident expert can clarify further?

Also below is Kassy's serum from an older post.

So for anybody that wants to experiment with this, here's the LED treatment recipe I posted here a while ago.. We'll just take out the "optional" on the green tea.. Laughing (And yes, this recipe works well with the LED, I promise you!)

KASSY'S PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constantly.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

Leggy I personally use green tea extract mixed 50/50 with distilled water.
HTH

5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Update from a new AALS user:

I'd been using my AALS faithfully 3-4 x's a week for four weeks. Then I went on a Caribbean cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary - I wanted it to be romantic and didn't think sitting with my lightstim on my face would add the proper mood Embarassed ...so I left it at home.

After 8 days off, I used my lightstim and was newly amazed at how soft my face felt! It just reminded me how much I like this gadget - even if I haven't been using it long enough for any of the long term effects.

Just saying I'm very impressed. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information,I have the LED pre treatment,just wanted to try the green tea also.
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I received my AALS last Saturday and immediately tried it out but I want to make sure I understood all these threads so:

Generic routine:
1. drink lots of water
2. apply non-occlusive serum or pre-treatment(i.e. green tea)
3. apply AALS for 2-3 minutes per "site"
4. drink more water
5. wait at least an hour before apply Retin-A

Is this correct? Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi 'Merry', You forgot the most important thing (IMHO)

#1. cleanse and exfoliate. A microfiber cloth works very nicely!

Also, you can apply Retin-A immediately after if you like. You don't want to use it prior to treatment because Retin-A is light sensitive.

Just an FYI on things to use with your treatments... Brewed white tea is even better than green tea! Mixing the two also works nicely. Also, there is nothing wrong with using nothing now and then.

I hope you enjoy it and have nice results. If you need help, just give a holler. If you hate it for any reason, please share that as well and I'll try to help you get better results before you pack it in...

Don't forget the *feel* test for the immediate smoothness and softness.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, thank you for your advice. I haven't reached the point of making one of your amazing skincare 'recipes' but I hope to do so soon. I've used my AALS twice so far and I'm encouraged even though my skin was a bit reactive (it's extremely sensitive and likes to break out into rashes or hives). My first use resulted in a "mini rash" but it was gone the next day and so was a little 'boo boo'. It will take a few uses before my reactive skin adjusts fully to the AALS.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just keep paying attention to what your skin tells you Merry... It will let you know what it loves or hates, so be sure to back off on the 'hates' and intensify the 'loves'... Very Happy

I've got my thinking cap on regarding the 'rash' and just wondering if it could have anything to do with a bit of your cleanser maybe remaining on your skin.. Next time try a bit of apple cider vinegar toner after cleansing, then a cool rinse, then wait about 20 minutes or so to do the treatment...

Did you use a serum or tea etc pre treatment?

ETA: Also, don't forget to gently clean between uses with an alcohol swabbing! A Q-tip works nicely, and gets around the diodes pretty well.. Just dampened slightly.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just keep paying attention to what your skin tells you Merry... It will let you know what it loves or hates, so be sure to back off on the 'hates' and intensify the 'loves'... Very Happy

I've got my thinking cap on regarding the 'rash' and just wondering if it could have anything to do with a bit of your cleanser maybe remaining on your skin.. Next time try a bit of apple cider vinegar toner after cleansing, then a cool rinse, then wait about 20 minutes or so to do the treatment...

Did you use a serum or tea etc pre treatment?

ETA: Also, don't forget to gently clean between uses with an alcohol swabbing! A Q-tip works nicely, and gets around the diodes pretty well.. Just dampened slightly.

Thanks -- I bought alcohol yesterday and now I have to remember to use it to clean my AALS. I always make sure to remove all traces of cleanser (20 splashes from the old days of using Erno Lazlo) but my skin will breakout in a rash just from water changes. The first time I used AALS, I simply washed and dried my skin, waited 10 minutes and then used AALS. The second time, I cleansed, applied Isomers Vitamin C serum, waited 30 minutes and used AALS. Both times, I had mini-rashes -- the first time took about 24hrs to clear up and the second time took about 10hrs. For really bad rashes, I use Clobex (prescription steroid cream) but I only use it for severe hives. I'm monitoring my skin's reaction and I'll back off if my skin protests. I really do appreciate your thoughtfulness and help.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Call me crazy but I just ordered a 2nd AALS... Here's my reasoning; I have found it impossible to find a 60 to 90 minute block of time twice per week to do my face/neck/chest/hand treatments, and have only done 3 or 4 treatments since Christmas.. My skin is not looking as nice and perky as it was, and I'm sure the lack of treatments is the reason why...

For me having the 2nd light leaves no excuses because I can do it all in half the time. The bright side is it only cost $275. (If any other existing customer is as nuts as me, and wants another LS product, the order must be placed on the phone for this additional discount.)

I was also given a new EDS code;

EDS993yp24

*Disclaimer* .. I do NOT work for LightStim in any capacity and have nothing to gain by sharing my thoughts + experiences in this or any other thread. I am simply a very satisfied customer that believes in the product, and hopes that all LED users enjoy the same success that I've experienced.

If and when the day comes that I have a negative or no further improvement from these products, I will shout that out loud and clear as well. I would also hope other members would do likewise and share both positive and negative thoughts... (Contrary to what some have insinuated, I am not the LightStim Gestapo, and frankly couldn't care less which LED anybody chooses... I'm just simply sharing my experience, same as I've done with every other gadget I own...)

Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Practical and convenient. Great decision Kassy! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Update on the AALS.I have been using it since 12-26-09 and really liking it.I use it with the LED pre treatment (Kassy's)and have been using it on face,neck,chest,and hands,makes for a long treatment time but it is worth it.The biggest improvement I have noticed is around my lip line (smoker)the line have greatly improved and the over all texture has gotten much better I don't seem to have as much sag so I guess its plumping up my skin alittle.I am going to do it for 2 months and than do 4 or 5 times a week.This something that is really working for me along with the Nudern I did a year ago,and still use the retin A.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
If and when the day comes that I have a negative or no further improvement from these products, I will shout that out loud and clear as well. I would also hope other members would do likewise and share both positive and negative thoughts... (Contrary to what some have insinuated, I am not the LightStim Gestapo, and frankly couldn't care less which LED anybody chooses... I'm just simply sharing my experience, same as I've done with every other gadget I own...)

Me too. If my memory serves, I've been using my AALS for 1.5 years and I love it. Love. (I, too, am not affiliated with LightStim in any way, except as a customer.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for such an informative post!
I have been very interested in this gadget, but haven't got all the time I would like to be able to use it! So, I am toying with the idea of getting two to treat the face in half the time... must save a bit for that though.
Anyway,I would like to know how long it takes to treat hands. Is it just three minutes each hand, does the head lamp cover the hand enough? I know this may sound a weird question Confused .
Also, if I decide to get two, is there anyway I could "strap" the device over my hands to do both at the same time?

I suppose I would have more time if I didn't spend so much of it reading this forum! Rolling Eyes

TIA, A.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Anyway,I would like to know how long it takes to treat hands. Is it just three minutes each hand, does the head lamp cover the hand enough?

Re hands, the AALS head treats half of my hand, so I use it for six minutes per hand. (I do it with a timer in the early morning while reading, so the time goes quickly.) I can't answer the strapping question, but think it should probably be directed to the manufacturer. HTH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Update on the AALS.I have been using it since 12-26-09 and really liking it.I use it with the LED pre treatment (Kassy's)and have been using it on face,neck,chest,and hands,makes for a long treatment time but it is worth it.The biggest improvement I have noticed is around my lip line (smoker)the line have greatly improved and the over all texture has gotten much better I don't seem to have as much sag so I guess its plumping up my skin alittle.I am going to do it for 2 months and than do 4 or 5 times a week.This something that is really working for me along with the Nudern I did a year ago,and still use the retin A.

You definitely have me wanting one of these now! That is great that you have had great improvement on your lip lines!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
ATester, I just spend about 5 minutes on each hand and cover mid finger to wrist in 2 spots with a little overlapping. (I don't have small hands!) Be sure to use serum on the hands also!)

Riley, Just the flip side here for the dreaded lip lines... I had lots of improvement in mine, but only after I started using the Vaculifter..

Since you already have the ProLight, why don't you try an aggressive treatment with that after applying a good serum. Something with Hyaluronic Acid, Matrixy and Idebenone might be just the ticket for the dreaded lip lines. (That would work well for any lines and wrinkles, and I can attest that it has helped my neck rings.)

I'm still testing this DIY recipe, but so far I'd say it's better than average..

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Riley, Just the flip side here for the dreaded lip lines... I had lots of improvement in mine, but only after I started using the Vaculifter..

Since you already have the ProLight, why don't you try an aggressive treatment with that after applying a good serum. Something with Hyaluronic Acid, Matrixy and Idebenone might be just the ticket for the dreaded lip lines. (That would work well for any lines and wrinkles, and I can attest that it has helped my neck rings.)

I'm still testing this DIY recipe, but so far I'd say it's better than average..

Well... Unfortunately I sold my Prolight a while ago! Laughing I didn't feel like it was doing anything. And, also unfortunately, I just cannot use that vaculifter without getting the purpura. So, now what?! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |