Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Argh! Now what indeed.. Laughing

One question 1st... Did you give the LED a thorough chance? If you did, and didn't see "any" result, than maybe it just won't work for you.. Crying or Very sad

On the other hand the AALS certainly has a good track record here at EDS, so it might be worth a try. It's a $300. investment though, which is significant in these hard times. The bright side is the 90 day return policy, which is way more than enough time for it to work well, or pack it in.

Sorry, not much help there... Confused I'd just say this though Riley as food for thought. If you *only* want it for treating lip lines, than it's totally not worth it IMHO. I wish you lived closer so you could try one of mine out for a week or two.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Argh! Now what indeed.. Laughing

One question 1st... Did you give the LED a thorough chance? If you did, and didn't see "any" result, than maybe it just won't work for you.. Crying or Very sad

On the other hand the AALS certainly has a good track record here at EDS, so it might be worth a try. It's a $300. investment though, which is significant in these hard times. The bright side is the 90 day return policy, which is way more than enough time for it to work well, or pack it in.

Sorry, not much help there... Confused I'd just say this though Riley as food for thought. If you *only* want it for treating lip lines, than it's totally not worth it IMHO. I wish you lived closer so you could try one of mine out for a week or two.

Thanks, Kassy. You are right, it is expensive in these times, and I wouldn't be able to purchase it until late in the summer! Yes, the only reason I would want it would be for these dreaded lip lines.

Well, I feel like I gave the Prolight a good try. I used it regularly and used it according to Rita's instructions. I would say I used it for 3 months, which I thought was long enough to see something? But, the Prolight and the AALS are different, so I don't really know if LED's won't work for me, or if that difference could be the key! Decisions, decisions. I really should have chosen the AALS over the Prolight but I got the Prolight when it was on sale and was a good deal!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Here's something else to consider Riley, coming from one smoker to another... Continuing to smoke in the same manner, would stand in the way of *anything* working... Sad

You might have a little luck *lessening* the miserable lines with good topicals applied every day. The ones I mentioned before would be good, and also seem to have a cumulative effect, on me anyhow.

Nanci has a really nice HA Serum, and also a 20% Matrixyl3000 Serum. (She often will send samples with a purchase!) Matrixyl is good for lines and HA is a great plumper! There are many other actives that would help to show some improvement also..

I'll be placing my actives order from a few places in the next week, so if you aren't in a hurry, I'll make you up something to try... Then if you like it, I'll tell you what you need to get to make it. (Nothing very involved.. A retail base, and just a few actives added!)

If that sounds good to you, PM me your address. But it will be at least 2 weeks before I have everything.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Well, I feel like I gave the Prolight a good try. I used it regularly and used it according to Rita's instructions. I would say I used it for 3 months, which I thought was long enough to see something?

Same story with the ProLight. And I gave it more than half a year! I see much better results with my DPL bought from Nanci.

Does anyone remember where the difference between all the gadgets were discussed?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Does anyone remember where the difference between all the gadgets were discussed?

In this thread;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996&highlight=decide+led

Lots of technical info and a bit of drama for good measure... Bad Grin

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Here's something else to consider Riley, coming from one smoker to another... Continuing to smoke in the same manner, would stand in the way of *anything* working... Sad

You might have a little luck *lessening* the miserable lines with good topicals applied every day. The ones I mentioned before would be good, and also seem to have a cumulative effect, on me anyhow.

Nanci has a really nice HA Serum, and also a 20% Matrixyl3000 Serum. (She often will send samples with a purchase!) Matrixyl is good for lines and HA is a great plumper! There are many other actives that would help to show some improvement also..

I'll be placing my actives order from a few places in the next week, so if you aren't in a hurry, I'll make you up something to try... Then if you like it, I'll tell you what you need to get to make it. (Nothing very involved.. A retail base, and just a few actives added!)

If that sounds good to you, PM me your address. But it will be at least 2 weeks before I have everything.

Thanks, Kassy. I have a sample of Nanci's HA and her 20% Matrixyl!! I am not in a hurry, as I just bought the TNS Essential Serum to try, and definitely want to give that its fair chance.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Same story with the ProLight. And I gave it more than half a year! I see much better results with my DPL bought from Nanci.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one! Sorry it did not work for you, either, and you gave it way longer than I did.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Thanks, Kassy. I have a sample of Nanci's HA and her 20% Matrixyl!! I am not in a hurry, as I just bought the TNS Essential Serum to try, and definitely want to give that its fair chance.

rileygirl, a little bit off topic. How's ur journey with the IS Clinical Youth Complex?

Kassy, thanks, that's exactly I was looking for. A long read Smile Trying to find out if it makes sense to get a second light system. Or if DPL works fine,then one is enough. Confused
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

rileygirl, a little bit off topic. How's ur journey with the IS Clinical Youth Complex?

My journey with that is done, RussianSunshine. I wasn't impressed at all. I am trying JJ's suggestion now alternating the TNS night repair and MD Forte eye cream (have seen some very slight reduction in lines under eyes, but have only been using this 1+ months with time off for peels!)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well, I feel like I gave the Prolight a good try. I used it regularly and used it according to Rita's instructions. I would say I used it for 3 months, which I thought was long enough to see something? But, the Prolight and the AALS are different, so I don't really know if LED's won't work for me, or if that difference could be the key! Decisions, decisions. I really should have chosen the AALS over the Prolight but I got the Prolight when it was on sale and was a good deal!

I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but I could never understand the Prolight instructions. IMO, two minutes per week per area is a very short amount of time compared to 21 minutes per week per area for the AALS. Surely the Prolight can't be that much stronger than the AALS. But, anyway, I shouldn't be opening up that can of worms again.

I also think that even 3 months isn't a great deal of time to eradicate lip lines. I believe that these type of gadgets require long term use and long term dedication, but I've said that before too.

Riley, are you using your Dermaroller everynight on your liplines? That should help is used in conjunction with a good serum. Also, are you sure you have Purpura - because the Vaculifter does bring the blood to the surface of the skin but I don't think it's harmful to blood vessels. It's supposed to strengthen them - but they can look worse before they get better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Kassy, thanks, that's exactly I was looking for. A long read Smile Trying to find out if it makes sense to get a second light system. Or if DPL works fine,then one is enough. Confused

The DPL and handhelds are two different things for sure... If you are getting good results with the DPL and time is a factor, you should definitely stick to the DPL. If time is not a factor, and you want to intensify your results, than the AALS would more than likely show you increased improvements. (I haven't used any panel models, so I'm only going by what I know personally with the hand held, and have only heard about for the DPL.)

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I also think that even 3 months isn't a great deal of time to eradicate lip lines. I believe that these type of gadgets require long term use and long term dedication, but I've said that before too.

Riley, are you using your Dermaroller everynight on your liplines? That should help is used in conjunction with a good serum. Also, are you sure you have Purpura - because the Vaculifter does bring the blood to the surface of the skin but I don't think it's harmful to blood vessels. It's supposed to strengthen them - but they can look worse before they get better.

You are probably right that 3 months isn't long enough on the lip lines, Keliu. I am not using the dermaroller every night. I have only been doing the longer needle rolls, but I do have the smaller needle roller heading my way.

Yes, unfortunately, mine is definitely purpura. I have ITP with very low platelets, so I have to be careful with a lot of different things and the vaculifter was definitely not good for my face! (I looked beautifully purple afterward using it!! Very Happy)
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Riley when I was smoking I noticed a small lip line developing. I started smoking by tightening my lips when I took a drag. I probably looked stupid but the lines overruled how stupid I may have looked. Smile
The line didn't go away, but nothing got worse there for another 8 years till I gave up.
Just a thought.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Riley when I was smoking I noticed a small lip line developing. I started smoking by tightening my lips when I took a drag. I probably looked stupid but the lines overruled how stupid I may have looked. Smile
The line didn't go away, but nothing got worse there for another 8 years till I gave up.
Just a thought.

Thanks, Mishey. Kandis (L2K) actually recommend I do that and I keep it up to this day! Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but I could never understand the Prolight instructions. IMO, two minutes per week per area is a very short amount of time compared to 21 minutes per week per area for the AALS. Surely the Prolight can't be that much stronger than the AALS. But, anyway, I shouldn't be opening up that can of worms again.

I think the ProLight would have been much more satisfactory to users, if Rita advised a more realistic treatment time/protocol... Sure, 30 seconds per spot once a week sounds attractive, but what good is it if it doesn't give results. As for power, I'm not going to open up that can of worms again either, and I would just leave it to everyone to do their own research.. (Wonder where anybody got the idea that PL was more powerful than LS...hmm! They surely weren't listening to me Very Happy )

Good point Keliu about the dermaroller/serum for Riley... I almost forgot she's a roller girl! (I'll keep that in mind Riley!!!)

I totally agree with everything you said about it being a long term committment.. Absoposifreakinlutely! I also wholeheartedly believe that when used consistently and correctly *everybody* will have a much nicer skin than they would have without using it.

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently there are other followers for the Lighstim light. I got an email from a friend today that said they saw on "E" that Madonna is using Lighstim. This person has been trying to decide about buying the Lightstim for 6 months and when he saw that he felt he had seen the "light" Shock and he hit the click button Laughing !!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Hi, thanks for such an informative post!
I have been very interested in this gadget, but haven't got all the time I would like to be able to use it! So, I am toying with the idea of getting two to treat the face in half the time... must save a bit for that though.
Anyway,I would like to know how long it takes to treat hands. Is it just three minutes each hand, does the head lamp cover the hand enough? I know this may sound a weird question Confused .
Also, if I decide to get two, is there anyway I could "strap" the device over my hands to do both at the same time?
I would think you could strap them with a thick rubber band or scrunchy that holds a pony tail. This is a good idea Idea

I suppose I would have more time if I didn't spend so much of it reading this forum! Rolling Eyes

TIA, A.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Is there a discount code for EDS members who want to purchase the lightstim? Thanks.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
ATester wrote:
I have been very interested in this gadget, but haven't got all the time I would like to be able to use it! So, I am toying with the idea of getting two to treat the face in half the time... must save a bit for that though.
Anyway,I would like to know how long it takes to treat hands. Is it just three minutes each hand, does the head lamp cover the hand enough? I know this may sound a weird question Confused .
Also, if I decide to get two, is there anyway I could "strap" the device over my hands to do both at the same time?

I suppose I would have more time if I didn't spend so much of it reading this forum! Rolling Eyes

TIA, A.

This is what I meant to say.
I would think you could strap them with a thick rubber band or scrunchy that holds a pony tail. This is a good idea Idea

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
happycat01 wrote:
Is there a discount code for EDS members who want to purchase the lightstim? Thanks.

EDS993yp24

There's also an additional discount for existing customers who want to purchase a 2nd or 3rd LED, but they have to call the 800 #;

Here's the contact info from the website;

Toll Free: (800) 298-4010

Local/International: (714) 602-2412

M-F: 8:00am - 6:00pm PST

Sat: 9:00am - 4:00pm PST

Email: info@lightstim.com
Emails are generally answered within one to two business days.

http://www.lightstim.com

ETA contact info!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Toby wrote:
ATester wrote:

TIA, A.

This is what I meant to say.

Small bungie cords work well. I use that with my original light to keep the LED secured on my miserable knee. I've also used 'duct' tape in a pinch.

Haven't tried that on my hands though.

RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

In this thread;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996&highlight=decide+led

Lots of technical info and a bit of drama for good measure... Bad Grin

Kassy_A, what about the rankings of all gadgets? Does this exist? Very Happy

And thanks for the code, is saves 32.90!
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I still love my LightStim, still going strong with it. Smile I tried DermaRolling again last night and definitely decided it's not for me. My husband was laughing at me and reminded how I didn't care for it the other time, so why would I put myself through it again. So I'll gladly stick to my pain-free and easy to use AALS. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, it appears you highly recommend the Vaculifter. Did you get it from Nancy?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes Smitty, I have all 4 and purchased through NCN.

At first the large face was my favorite, but after using it a while (and getting the hang of it), I preferred the small face model for face + neck.

The Vaculifter's are a great gadget, but there is a definite learning curve which takes a good 7 or 8 treatments. That was my experience anyway.

Here's the link, which has a video demonstration which I highly recommend watching;

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/home-therapy/the-vaculifter.html

As far as I know, Nanci is still the only US distributor, and I feel her price is very reasonable. The Vaculifter is a pleasure to use, once you get the hang of it. I have 2 other manual cupping sets, and found them horrible in comparison.

ETA: Any good skin friendly carrier oil can be used with the 'V', and should be chosen based on each unique skin. I don't recommend the oil for sale with the 'V's and find them way too expensive.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |