Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
txgirl
5% products discount

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am so excited I just got my LightStim!! I was kind of expecting a box with a more detailed instruction booklet, but that's ok because I have this site Smile Now the problem is to find the time to do all of me, lol!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:
I am so excited I just got my LightStim!! I was kind of expecting a box with a more detailed instruction booklet, but that's ok because I have this site Smile Now the problem is to find the time to do all of me, lol!

Just worry about finding the time for your face and neck for now... Very Happy

I received mine too and thought the postcard was really brief as well. (Even briefer than what I got with my other purchases.. Shock )

Have you read through this thread a bit to see the tips that have worked for myself and others? Even going through the last several pages would be a good help.

If you have questions or concerns just ask away and someone will surely help you, (myself included.)

Good steps to keep in mind;

- Before pictures that can be easily duplicated in a room with artificial light only
- Feel your skin before and after
- Have a glass of water before and after
- Clean + exfoliate skin. Microfiber or washcloth even will suffice.
- Use on bare skin or with a non occlusive water based serum. Allow to fully absorb.
- If you want to use something and aren't sure if it contains occlusive ingredients, then I'd advise to apply it, let it penetrate for an hour, then remove the last traces that remain on your skin with a hot, damp washcloth before treatment.
- Consistency and full 3 minutes per area are the best advice I can give for the first 6 weeks. (Ex. 5 times per week.)
- Follow your treatments with a nourishing, collagen building skin care product.
- I'm finding (when I have time) that any facial massaging following the treatment intensifies the nice healthy look and glow.

I'm very big on both circulation and good deep breathing techniques, and when I have the time to add this in conjunction with my LED treatment, the results have been better. Whatever we can do to bring that beneficial oxygen rich blood to all of our cells, is always a very good thing.

Hope that helps!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
crystalcricket

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Big, big thanks Kassy. You captured the important points fully and simply for me. I've put a lot of time into picking through way too many posts to gather what you presented so nicely.
txgirl
5% products discount

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Kassy! I have used it 3 times now along with facial exercises, and I like to think I'm seeing some improvement - though I know it's to soon to really tell lol

A couple of questions... can you put it right over the eye, or just around the eye area? And I'm feeling drier, kind of dehydrated all over (even my eyes are dry). Is that a possible result of AALS use? Also have you used fillers with it?

While it is a bit time-consuming, and my DH is pooh poohing the whole thing, I have to say I have found a new best friend Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:
Thanks for the info Kassy! I have used it 3 times now along with facial exercises, and I like to think I'm seeing some improvement - though I know it's to soon to really tell lol

A couple of questions... can you put it right over the eye, or just around the eye area? And I'm feeling drier, kind of dehydrated all over (even my eyes are dry). Is that a possible result of AALS use? Also have you used fillers with it?

While it is a bit time-consuming, and my DH is pooh poohing the whole thing, I have to say I have found a new best friend Very Happy

If you keep your eyes closed, and just go around the circumference (avoiding your eyeball), you shouldn't have any problem. The American made LEDs must meet certain criteria for an at home device, and eye safety is an important factor. As long as you don't "look into the lights" you shouldn't have any problem. Common sense prevails... Very Happy

The "drier + dehydrated" feeling you are experiencing is from the increased lymphatic drainage this LED seems to encourage. That was my experience also. Drinking a glass of water pre and post treatment will keep you well hydrated, and also help to move the toxins along lymph channels.

***Feeling the movement of lymph is quite like what you feel with a post nasal drip. Kind of a trickling of fluid down the throat, with an increased need to swallow.***

I don't have any fillers or botox so can't give you 1st hand experience, so hopefully someone who does will chime in for you...

I will share my *opinion* with you though, which is purely from a common sense stand point and my medical background. I believe that any *gadget* that's capable of manipulation at the cellular level, is also capable of increasing the metabolic rate of most fillers, which could account for dissipation and/or re-absorption of *fillers* quicker. That's my opinion anyway, and what makes sense to me. I Could be totally wrong here, and have no doubt that if I am, it will be pointed out with some scientific jargon for your reading pleasure... Very Happy

HTH!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tinkle,Tinkle just me chiming in.No scientific jargon here,just common sense of course if it weren't for common sense I would have none at all so here goes.I had filler about a year and some ago the dr.said it should last a year but I should stop smoking well it has lasted but I was not using the AALS than.I had it put in the corners of my mouth (had a downward thing going on). My friend had it done last week and was told to wait 2 weeks before using her AALS.

Kassy is so right about the water and lymph drainage and water after,she didn't say anything about her LED pre treatment before (which is great)or the white tea.I have only used the tea 2 or 3 times,but both are very good.
Hawaiiwin

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm ready to buy some GADGETS!!
Thank you (!!) for everything I've learned on this site --- you're so creative & knowledgable.
So --looks like I need an LED device(s) with Red/Amber/IR lights, which is going to be pricey. Has anyone bought one from The LED Man?
Also, I'm also going to try Kassy's 1/2in Vaculifter protocol for upper-lip wrinkles -- there's no discount for EDS members from NCN, is there?
I've been doing a combo of Facercise/Tal Reinhart/Cynthia Rowland for 6 months, and my facial muscles are noticeabley firmed and lifted.
But I've happily spent 51 yrs w/out sunscreen in hot sunny places like San Diego and outback Australia, so my wrinkly hide needs lots of help.
(Also, since I have Lyme disease, I sometimes am incredibly stupid and miss things, in which case, sorry in advance, and please direct me to the appropriate post.)
It's hard for me, being wrinkly in our youth-oriented culture, and you give me hope.
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Today is the day I buy both LED Light Stims (Acne and Anti-Aging)!

Anyone know the code? Very Happy
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:

Hi Txgirl; I was able to find this information regarding fillers from an LED manufacturer

http://www.emersonww.com/DPLfaqs.htm

Can LED Light treatment be used on someone who has been treated recently with Botox injections?
You can use the DPL Therapy System after having fillers, Botox, etc ... It is suggested that you wait a couple of days to allow the fillers to firm up and take hold ... then start using the system slowly ... if you want to use addition caution cover the treated area for a few days and then start slowly introduction the light. If there is any bruising at the area of the injections the DPL Therapy System will help with the healing of any bruising. If after giving the injected area time to settle into the skin and firm up someone chooses to use the light they will want to do so slowly ... and if they are really concerned they should cover the area that has been injected. There are different types of injections and they work differently, firm up, and last different lengths of time, and made of different kinds of material and so the light will react to each of these differently. Wait and then start in a few days with short sessions going very slowly, could even cover the area.

Is it true that the DPL light therapy reduces the effectiveness of Botox or Restlyn treatments?
We have customers that have had Botox treatements prior to using the DPL Therapy System and those that purchased the DPL Therapy System and will have Botox treatments. The DPL Therapy System works for the inside outward and with the continued use of the DPL Therapy System hopefully this would prevent the need for injections (Botox, Restlyn, etc). You will want to follow the instructions provided when you start using the system ... bare in mind that everyone's skin is different and will respond to the light differently. For those that want to use the DPL Therapy System after a recent injection ... we recommend giving the injection a few days to set up/in prior to using the system. If there is any bruising that occurred at the injection site the DPL Therapy System will help with the healing of that area.

FYI the DPL Therapy System is a dual flat panel LED device using 154 infrared(880 nm) LEDs and 20 red (660) LEDs. It can be used for either pain management or skin rejuvenation. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I should also mention that GentleWaves is a professional LED photomodulation treatment which uses 590 nm (yellow) wavelength. The Light BioScience website mentions that GentleWaves® can be administered alone or in conjunction with other treatments. Physicians have found GentleWaves® to be highly complimentary with other skin care treatments such as Botox, dermal fillers, and skin rejuvenating lasers.

http://www.gentlewaves.com/consumer/faqs.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:

Anyone know the code? Very Happy

EDS993yp24

Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Acne Light Stim and Anti-Aging Light Stim!!!

I have been so sick for days, but I think I just got a little bit better.

Thanks to everyone and Kassy for your love and dedicaton about this thread. I truly believe this board knows so much about skin, we make reputable doctors fear to keep their job! Very Happy

I will keep everyone with feedback about how I like the LightStim.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
well I've just joined the forum after scouring through all the brilliant advice.I am now waiting for my new AALS from the US Very Happy (I'm UK based). I also just purchased and started with a Tripollar Stop. I'd like to thank Kassy for all this great info/encouragement on the AALS (though maybe I should reserve thanks until I've tried it Laughing)
Since this is a very long thread I'm wondering if anyone could just let me know if the same rules apply with the AALS as with the STOP device in that you should NOT use it over the Thyroid area? I'm hoping it isn't an issue as this is the worst part of my neck and one of my biggest concerns! I need to be able to use something there! Neutral

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna unfortunately the AALS is a no go in that area too. Maybe you could try dermarolling there???
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Pollyanna unfortunately the AALS is a no go in that area too. Maybe you could try dermarolling there???

oh that's a shame. I will just continue with the dermarolling there as you suggest.Thanks Mishey! Very Happy

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
The instruction card that comes with the AALS says not to use the light over your thyroid if you have a thyroid condition. So, if you don't have a thyroid problem then is it ok to put the light there? Lots of people always seem to be saying you have to avoid that area. Thanks for any info.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pollyanna and welcome to EDS. Seeing that you're new here, but have a TON of cool gadgets and products listed in your signiture, I'm wondering....

Were you a lurker before posting for the first time? How long if so.

Quote:
Female 42 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derma-Roller, STOP, AALS. Skin care: Tanaka massage,chemical free/organic only including NUDE,Liz Earle,Rosehip Oil,Frownies.Internal: Food-based multi, Oxylift,NKO krill oil, probiotics-and TRYING to avoid sugar

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
haha Hi foxe Very Happy

only been lurking about a week on and off. I have quite a bit of personal experience with non-surgical and some surgical treatments and was a nutritional therapist for many years specializing in anti-aging and skin so I am quite conscious of things generally inside and out. SO all my skin care choices, supplements are a result of my own research and experience...the gadgets are a new area i am exploring in the attempt to cut costs(from in office treatments) I came across this website/forum while researching Tripollar technology and the STOP device to buy. Since being here the things that caught my eye were the Led (bought the AALS) ,the Tanaka massage and the TreSonics(cheaper version of Clarisonic-as I'm going broke!). The derma-rolling I was also already doing for a few months now but boy did I get some great tips from reading up on it here.
Very pleased to be here officially now and so far everyone has been very kind and generous with advice!I feel at home; in my element Very Happy Hopefully with my experience I can be of some help to others also!

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A: I noticed in your signature line that you have a DIY Peptide and Barrier creation - Have you shared this yet as I can't find it in the DIY category? Can this be used with the Lightstim? What were the results?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
pollyanna - great to have you on board! join in wherever you can help out - sounds like a lot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm happy to report that I recieved my AALS (2 days ago).

Unfortunately, I developed a very red and tight face the evening after using my light for the first time. DH was giving me a hard time about my speech (talk about tight lips!)

I think being on an antibiotic (Bactrim) and using Retin A was not meant to be before I tried my light-together they just made my face too light sensitive. I've been weaning myself off of the antibiotic lately, so I will just need to wait til I'm done w/ it before I can use my AALS again. Sad

Does anyone else have a problem using a retinoid w/ the AALS or other LEDs? (I used mine after the light). I've also been using my Dermawand for about 3 wks and had done a treatment about 15-30 mins before the AALS. Would that have been a problem?

Speaking of light sensitivity - I thought the LEDs were not in the UV category that causes sunburn. Why do you think I got one? (Perhaps it was just irritation/swelling, but it looked like a burn). It's almost back to normal today - used just CPs (no Retin A) last night and Vit C this AM along w/ a moisturizing mask and Emu oil. (did I cover enuf ground w/ all that??)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I'm happy to report that I recieved my AALS (2 days ago).

Unfortunately, I developed a very red and tight face the evening after using my light for the first time. DH was giving me a hard time about my speech (talk about tight lips!)

I think being on an antibiotic (Bactrim) and using Retin A was not meant to be before I tried my light-together they just made my face too light sensitive. I've been weaning myself off of the antibiotic lately, so I will just need to wait til I'm done w/ it before I can use my AALS again. Sad

Does anyone else have a problem using a retinoid w/ the AALS or other LEDs? (I used mine after the light). I've also been using my Dermawand for about 3 wks and had done a treatment about 15-30 mins before the AALS. Would that have been a problem?

Speaking of light sensitivity - I thought the LEDs were not in the UV category that causes sunburn. Why do you think I got one? (Perhaps it was just irritation/swelling, but it looked like a burn). It's almost back to normal today - used just CPs (no Retin A) last night and Vit C this AM along w/ a moisturizing mask and Emu oil. (did I cover enuf ground w/ all that??)

This sounds very concerning to me. I use Retin-A after I've used the LED. I've also used it whilst I've been on Bactrim and I've never had a problem. When you say your face was tight, do you mean that it was swollen? Was the swelling so bad that you couldn't open your mouth to speak?

All I can suggest is to not use the LED until you've finished the Bactrim and perhaps wait a while for it to disappear from your system. Bactrim does make you more sensitive to light - so you may just have had a bad reaction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - did you use both Retin A and Bactrim at the same time as the Lightstim? (R-A afterwards, of course)

My face was feeling tight, but I didn't really notice it until my DH pointed out my speech being different. It must've been fairly tight around my mouth for my speech to be affected. Swelling maybe? At least things are settling down tonight.

I wonder, if you had no problems using the Retin A w/ the Bactrim and AALS, then perhaps my addition of the Dermawand was the difference maker here. Hmmm I also used a green tea 'mask' before the light. Forgot to mention that earlier. The mask was guaze strips soaked in cooled tea (2 bags in 1/4c H2O)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I would have used the Retin-A, Bactrim and LED all at the same time. I also use a DermaWand and Green Tea with the LED - never had an issue with anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu - I think I have it all figured out now (hopefully). It might've been my using a BHA wipe before the Dermawand (but rinsing it off) that cause the redness. I can't figure out why it only showed up the next day, though- didn't really notice it in the AM, just at night. Oh well - constantly learning.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |