Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
The lights that I have used for a couple of years were the prolight red and amber..... I have been using the AALS for three months. Wink

Well, that blows my theory then. I thought the AALS would be most effective due to the amber lights in it, but if you didn't see those type of results with the Prolight Amber then I am at a loss!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Toby wrote:
The lights that I have used for a couple of years were the prolight red and amber..... I have been using the AALS for three months. Wink

Well, that blows my theory then. I thought the AALS would be most effective due to the amber lights in it, but if you didn't see those type of results with the Prolight Amber then I am at a loss!!
It blew my theory too....I wouldn't have even taken this venture except I ordered the light for my mother and thought I would give it a trial run....well I have seen the "light" Laughing Mother is still waiting on her light Shame on you

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Toby wrote:

It blew my theory too....I wouldn't have even taken this venture except I ordered the light for my mother and thought I would give it a trial run....well I have seen the "light" Laughing Mother is still waiting on her light Shame on you

Add my name to the list; blew my theory as well. Perhaps it is related to the exact wavelengths used? I need to review the Specs for those 3 lights. But at first glance the Prolight Red/Infrared and the Prolight Amber should cover the same wavelengths as the AALS (more or less).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
My thought is maybe the longer treatment time(3 min lightstim verses prolight 30sec.)is actually more effective. Also the protocol for the prolight is once or twice a week while the AALS protocol is five days a week. As far as the exact wavelenghts I am clueless. Rolling Eyes

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I found this patent a while ago and wondered if it might not be describing the LightStim? If so, I found some of the details interesting.
http://www.patentstorm.us/applications/20090088824/fulltext.html
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
My thought is maybe the longer treatment time(3 min lightstim verses prolight 30sec.)is actually more effective. Also the protocol for the prolight is once or twice a week while the AALS protocol is five days a week. As far as the exact wavelenghts I am clueless. Rolling Eyes

You definitely may be on to something there, Toby.

Toby, sorry if you said this, but how long did it take you to notice the difference in your skin after starting the AALS?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Toby wrote:

You definitely may be on to something there, Toby.

I've raised this issue on just about every thread on LEDs asking for an explanation. The ProLight schedule is totally out of whack compared with all the other LEDs on the market. The protocol of the ProLight is 30 sec-1 min per area per week, whereas Lightstim is 15 mins per area per week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
These are the differences I'm aware of;

- AALS 72 5mm diodes, PL 36 5mm diodes
- AALS wavelengths from 600 to 855, PL 590 to 940 (The 940 infrared might be a negative if that green tea study on infrared is true.)
- AALS diodes contact skin with no face plate, PL has recessed diodes and face plate.
- AALS diodes/colors are mixed throughout, PL colors in a row (Hope that makes sense.. Confused)
- AALS 2/3 minutes per spot, PL 30 seconds.

I don't really know (or care) about the engineering part of it, other than to say that they seemed to have done the impossible, and found a way to make the 4 wavelengths really and truly work simultaneously. I do know that 4 competitor LED companies bought the LS products to try to cross engineer them, and were unsuccessful. (Why would anybody go through that kind of expense unless even they were sure it worked.)

I'm really glad that all of you are loving it (and the results) right along with me. It's not often that I find something that is truly worthy of a rave, and can also withstand the test of time. This really did/does, and I'm glad I persisted through the *rough* spots, and continued to share my experience and results.

Lets face it, you know your doing something right when people think every picture you post is photo shopped or enhanced somehow, "because 60 year old skin could never look that good".... Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Oh yeah it can, with the perfect combination of topical products and my trusty LED's. (As I've been saying for 2 1/2 years, all the specs, studies + opinions in the world, can't argue or deny what's reflected in the mirror.)

Glad you came out of the closet Tobster, it was getting harder and harder to keep your secret... Laughing Welcome to the LS club...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I've raised this issue on just about every thread on LEDs asking for an explanation. The ProLight schedule is totally out of whack compared with all the other LEDs on the market. The protocol of the ProLight is 30 sec-1 min per area per week, whereas Lightstim is 15 mins per area per week.

I wish I still had the Prolight to test that theory out. Yet, I still feel like the results have something to do with the amber lights (and now the length of time treated).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed the change with the AALS within the first week. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention that a similar thing happened to me - I tried Prolight Platinum and Quasar. I also used the same protocol with them (the difference was 2 minutes per area with Prolight and 3 minutes with Lightstim), Quasar - I do not even remember how I did it then.

I had no results within a month with either Prolight or Quasar, but got results very quickly with Lightstim - also within a week.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Maybe that's why I get good results with the Prolight. When I started using it, I contacted the seller and told her I had a special event coming up. She told me to use the PL every other day for 90 seconds per area and to overlap sections. So, I did that for two months. With the overlap, every area ended up getting 3 minutes of treatment time 3-4 times per week. By the event, my skin was glowing. After the event, I decreased my time and my skin started going back to the way it was. So, I bumped it back up and viola!

I'm OK with the Prolight for now but when the thing breaks, I'll replace it with an AALS. The numbers that Kassy posted above and all the reviews are just too good. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
With all this talk on the last page or so, it makes me so very happy that I reserved my purchase for the AALS!! Took me 2 years to buy an LED and I'm glad I got this one.

(I'm likin' mine, too) I had an LEDman blue/red light and don't think it compares at all to the AALS. The AALS can calm down red spots much faster than the other LED I had.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm like Kassy,all I know it's working for me and alot stuff doesn't.I have used it for 2 months and have seen alot of improvement.I only used Kassy's pre treatment and the AALS,didn't add any new products so I could tell if it was working,I did it 6 days aweek and have just now added LMC to see if I get further improvement.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Maybe that's why I get good results with the Prolight. When I started using it, I contacted the seller and told her I had a special event coming up. She told me to use the PL every other day for 90 seconds per area and to overlap sections. So, I did that for two months. With the overlap, every area ended up getting 3 minutes of treatment time 3-4 times per week. By the event, my skin was glowing. After the event, I decreased my time and my skin started going back to the way it was. So, I bumped it back up and viola!

I'm OK with the Prolight for now but when the thing breaks, I'll replace it with an AALS. The numbers that Kassy posted above and all the reviews are just too good. Very Happy

Now that's what I'm talking about, and have screeched to the lot of you both in this thread, and in private... Yay You!

We can't always be stickler's for the precise directions, but should feel comfortable with a little *tweaking* when the written word hasn't worked. (Close to a year ago I PM'd Rita about this very subject, and relayed to her what I was privately helping and encouraging PL users to do. It was working better than the original directions, and I wanted her to know that. I told her about the topical C and exfoliating that was working for me as well.)

Let's face this fact. A big bone of contention with LED use/ treatments is that the time and commitment needed for the best results, isn't always what busy life styles can afford to devote to an *effective* regime... Manufacturer's of these products are well aware of these discussions, and have come up with the perfect marketing tools to employ when they jump on the LED bandwagon. Things like, but not limited to; '30 second treatment time', 'use only once a week', 'pulsing light is best', 'multiple + simultaneous wavelengths can't work, it's impossible', and on and on..

I say hogwash to the lot of it. You will only get out of an LED treatment what you put into it. If it sounds too good to me true, it usually is, and winds up being a flash in the pan. The truly lousy thing though, is that the folks that buy these *works in a second* LED's, use them according to the directions, and then get mediocre results at best, are not only discouraged, but assume that all LED's are crap. It also doesn't help these manufacturers in the long term, because folks who are disappointed will certainly share that with others, and the *silence* of those devices also speaks volumes to me Sad .

Personally I know that the LightStim works, but I also believe that the ProLight LED's (for those who have them) is worth a shot at a different regime before throwing in the towel on them. Why not take the liberty of following 'Tonia's' lead, and doubling or even tripling your treatment times... You have nothing to lose, but might have everything to gain.

With that said, I would also say that for anyone who doesn't have an LED but is interested in purchasing one, I would 1000% recommend you get yourself a LightStim product. I would also reiterate what I have said all along, that it is a serious commitment of your time (especially the first month or so), and that your results will also have a great deal to do with how you prepare your skin for treatment. It's not a magic wand all by itself, but with the right all around skin care regime, I could just about guarantee that you will improve your skin tone + texture by a minimum of 50% within about 3 or 4 skin cycles.. (Of course everyone responds differently, and this is based on personal experience, to give you a *rough* idea.

Can you tell how passionate I am about this subject? It's very hard to shut me up when I believe strongly in something... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

With that said, I would also say that for anyone who doesn't have an LED but is interested in purchasing one, I would 1000% recommend you get yourself a LightStim product. I would also reiterate what I have said all along, that it is a serious commitment of your time (especially the first month or so), and that your results will also have a great deal to do with how you prepare your skin for treatment. It's not a magic wand all by itself, but with the right all around skin care regime, I could just about guarantee that you will improve your skin tone + texture by a minimum of 50% within about 3 or 4 skin cycles.. (Of course everyone responds differently, and this is based on personal experience, to give you a *rough* idea.

Can you tell how passionate I am about this subject? It's very hard to shut me up when I believe strongly in something... Very Happy

I would have to agree that the longer time for treatment and continuous days of treatment could make all the difference. Light therapy is great but as Kassy mentions there is a time commitment for results that make you a believer. I continued to be drawn to this thread because there were almost all positive results and users seemed to enjoy the device and be willing to make the time commitment ,,,many were long time users. I am glad Kassy and others continue to share because it took that to cause me to investigate further. The difference that I see in my skin is exactly what Kassy has claimed for two years.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there

This is the first time I have posted so hope I have managed it correctly.

Some weeks ago I started reading some earlier threads dating back a few years, saw how lightstim was so good and took the chance recently when I saw one being advertised 2nd hand. It was only then that I really got into reading more and more and realized what I was buying wasn't the newer version. It was taking me ages to work through all the pages here to confirm the information so I emailed LS direct and was put in the picture so I promptly ordered the new one. Still waiting for it to arrive but as I am in New Zealand perhaps it will the end of the week. Can't wait to try it. The "original" turned up 2 days ago so I have been trying it out anyway.

My background is that I have had off and on treatments of the Omnilux at the local clinic but was never really certain of results. At the same time I do have my own microcurrent machine which I have been using for the past five years so it isn't as if I am starting from scratch today. I have recently turned the dreaded "60" so super keen to do anything I can and from reading through several of the 59 pages here and some on some of the other subjects it looks like the Lightstim is the one to have.

What got me interested about a month ago was that I received the monthly newsletter from my local clinic which said they are now selling the hand held Omnilux (for lots of $$$$$)and it was then I started looking here. After ringing them and asking losts of questions i realized that the treatments I have been having there for the past couple of years (inconjunction with a peel and a Vitamin C infustion all at the one appointment) were in fact probably useless as their Omnilux was ONLY RED!!! Didn't even include the infrared would you believe. Geezzz I thought, what have I been paying for. Anyway, I did think to myself on my last birthday that I hadn't gained another wrinkle that past twelve months as I would normally so not all was lost, must have been doing something right. The handheld they are selling does have the two, red and infrared but I had been reading some of Kassy's post where she tried that one out and it took 3 hours to treat her face so I eagerly await the arrival of my LS.

Now for a question that is really for my daughter and not me - my daughter has a three month old son and gained stretchmarks (I never did) and so I wondered if either of the two LS would be of any help here.

Big story for one little question.
Laura16

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just by the way, the local clinic is selling the handheld Omnilux Plus for what equals $480 US so it was a no brainer that i buy the LS from US even if it cost $40 US in postage - still worked out $104 cheaper for me.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a BQ shortly after joining the forum. I don't remember why -- read some compelling reasons. Now we have this long thread on the AALS, everyone loves it, and I am wondering if I am wasting my time with the BQ and should sell it on ebay and try a different toy.

I can't say I have seen huge results, but then, I generally don't. And I do use it on the strongest setting for 4 minutes/area, which is more than they suggest.

Does anyone have experience with both to compare?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I bought a BQ shortly after joining the forum. I don't remember why -- read some compelling reasons. Now we have this long thread on the AALS, everyone loves it, and I am wondering if I am wasting my time with the BQ and should sell it on ebay and try a different toy.

I can't say I have seen huge results, but then, I generally don't. And I do use it on the strongest setting for 4 minutes/area, which is more than they suggest.

Does anyone have experience with both to compare?

Doesn't PQ(Phillip) have both????I think he does and prefers the Lightstim. He is good about pms haven't seen him posting as regularly for the past couple of weeks.
Just checked and he does have both...this is under his signature- Baby Quasar - LightStim - Omnilux Salon -

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have three - Quasar, Prolight Platinum and Lightstim AALS.

AALS is the only one I had seen results with, the rest are just collecting dust.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have both and have posted several times before that I like the AALS much better. I'm surprised at the instant results though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Kassy. I think the 30 second treatment time has nothing to do with research or results and everything to do with marketing. The sad thing is, the marketing scheme is selling the product short of it's capabilities. I have never even tried the Prolight for more than 3-4 times per week. It's worth trying it 6 times per week just to see what it does.

I'm interested to see Phillip's opinion on the different LED's.

Toby, I think it's great that you are getting such good results from the AALS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I agree with Kassy. I think the 30 second treatment time has nothing to do with research or results and everything to do with marketing.

I think Rita might have a different opinion on that - she's very proud of her qualifications in the field of skin care. BTW, she used to post on this Forum under the name of Rita so you can look for her posts and recommendations on the ProLight if you wish.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Good point, Keliu. It's not fair of me to make that assumption without asking her first. She may have very good reasons for her recommendations.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |