Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the AALS for about three years, I'm also a migraine sufferer and feel nauseous when I get a headache. However, I've never had a headache or nausea from using the AALS and have never heard or read of anyone experiencing these symptoms.

Perhaps you are suffering from sensitivity to the lights when they are placed near your eyes. If these symptoms persist - I would definitely stop using the light around the upper face. Have you tried using the light around your neck and lower face? - maybe you could try this and if there's no reaction, then you would know that it is definitely light sensitivity to the eyes that is your problem.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
laforsse6901 wrote:
Hi everyone, Toby will know me from flexeffect as I have been flexing for over a year. Lately I have got into lightism.
I have a few questions that some of you may be able to shed 'light' upon!javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes') Using the light for a few days makes me feel sick : let me explain, after 3-4 days I have to stop : I get a headache very much where my temples are and I feel nauseous. It takes quite a few days for the symptoms to go away. Now I understand the infrared light is safe to use. I wonder however about the electrical pollution that comes from any electrical item. I understand from WHO that so far research into health issues and exposure to EMF has not proven nor disproved their safety or their lack of it. who.int/peh-emf/project/mapnatreps/nznrl_emfbooklet2008.pdf.
I am therefore left to having to make my own decision that perhaps the light isn't for me. I have used the light since 24 of march, but no more than 26 days in total I think due to how I react to it. I can't really see any improvement (more facial hair maybe!), in fact lately I have felt tired and so has my skin. I have however used the light on my sore hip joint and that's relieved me. I wonder if anyone has had similar symptoms? What to do next? cheers,

I've never heard these symptoms attributed to LED use either.

I don't know anything about you other than what your post says, but I just think it's important for you to consider that "headache" + "nausea", after being exposed to bright light, could be indicative of several different underlying medical disorders. Or as Keliu said, you could just be "light sensitive". You also mention "increased facial hair" and feeling "tired", so maybe it's best to see a Doctor before continuing with the LED, just to be on the safe side.

I'm also thinking that if you've used it correctly for 26 days and haven't seen any improvement, then maybe you are in the minority that doesn't respond positively to LED treatments.

I hope you are able to figure it all out before your 90 day warranty is up, so you can get a refund. Most importantly though, is to get a Dr's opinion on those symptoms.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
laforsse6901

Sat May 01, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,
I was thinking also that light sensitivity might be an issue...I still have bits of headache left as well as feeling quite nauseous so this last round has affected me much more strongly, it's been quite a few days now. I am visiting a doctor around 15th of may, so I will ask about this. I will also try using the light on just the neck to see what happens. As I have said it seems to benefit my sore joints! I will keep you posted and in the meantime Keliu, Kassy and Toby a big thank you to you all, for replying so promptly!javascript:emoticon('Surprised')
roplay

Sat May 01, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is this Light Sim you all speak of the same as the Skin Physics Photon?

You all seem pretty impressed with the Light Sim. Does it look like a torch with a oval light head about two and half inches across and two inches deep. A very bright red light which is supposed to stimulate collagen?

What is the price of the Light Sim, please? Razz
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to EDS roplay wave ,
The Lightstim we are talking about is not the device you mentioned. The anti aging Lightstim is on this website and it has both red and amber lights.
http://www.lightstim.com

Sun May 02, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby, for responding. For some reason for other the link you gave me isn't responding, but will try later. I'm on satellite here up north and sometimes when the weather isn't the best, this happens.

Briefly photo-rejuvenation work by increasing cellular energy levels within your skin. is this what your lightsim claims?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
roplay wrote:
Thank you Toby, for responding. For some reason for other the link you gave me isn't responding, but will try later. I'm on satellite here up north and sometimes when the weather isn't the best, this happens.

Briefly photo-rejuvenation work by increasing cellular energy levels within your skin. is this what your lightsim claims?

Yes and most of us have noticed firmness, creamy complexion,plumpness,and some have had success with the pigmentation issues.

Sun May 02, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
hi all. Can someone tell me something about the derma roller? What exactly does it do 4 skin, and how is used. Thanks
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
roplay wrote:
hi all. Can someone tell me something about the derma roller? What exactly does it do 4 skin, and how is used. Thanks
There are several threads on derma rolling here and I am posting one of the largest ones. As you learn your way around this forum you will find that you can go to the search button and type in the topic you are looking for and then go into the thread. EDS tries to keep the threads focused on the subject of that thread. Since this thread is directed to the Lightstim I am giving you a link to the derma rolling and you can read and then ask questions there. I hope this is helpful Wink http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=535709&highlight=derma+rolling#535709

Sun May 02, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Tx Toby - will suss that out Smile
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my LS for seven months. The first three months I used it five times a week. From then on I have used it every other day consistently. I am using the proper protocol for light usage and taking care of my skin. Is there any way the LS can make existing wrinkles look worse or can it create new ones? I understand how the light works and the question may seem illogical, but I have always wanted to ask this. Please know that I am a LightStim fan and love using it with Kassy's Cell Stimulating Lotion formula. I just don't want to always wonder if I am hurting my skin while I am using it. I know it is probably not the light, but I would feel better if people would confirm this for me. I want to rule it out as a cause and look at other things that might be causing me problems. I actually hesitated to ask this because I did not want to upset any LS users. Thank you.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I have been using my LS for seven months. The first three months I used it five times a week. From then on I have used it every other day consistently. I am using the proper protocol for light usage and taking care of my skin. Is there any way the LS can make existing wrinkles look worse or can it create new ones? I understand how the light works and the question may seem illogical, but I have always wanted to ask this. Please know that I am a LightStim fan and love using it with Kassy's Cell Stimulating Lotion formula. I just don't want to always wonder if I am hurting my skin while I am using it. I know it is probably not the light, but I would feel better if people would confirm this for me. I want to rule it out as a cause and look at other things that might be causing me problems. I actually hesitated to ask this because I did not want to upset any LS users. Thank you.

That's a shame that you were hesitant to post your concerns, but I'm glad you did because this thread is fairly useless with only the "rah rah" feedback, and "drama" instigated by non LED users + those with an axe to grind..

As I have done throughout this thread, I am more than happy to help other users get the most out of their LED treatments. Are my posts with helpful hints + protocols that have worked well clear enough? I'll be happy to explain further if not.

I don't think that LED treatments alone would cause wrinkles, but in reading through a bit of your profile, my guess is that you have started too many *new* things at once, and are perhaps being a bit too aggressive. (It sounds to me like your skin is stressed.) I remember your post here a few pages back when I suggested you were using the LED too much, so I'm glad to see you slowed down a little, but maybe it's still too much. Also, you mentioned two facial exercise programs, dermarolling, Safetox, DIY ventures and a few other things, so could you share a bit more of what all you're actually doing.. (Please consider putting some basics in the signature line... Very Happy , which would really be so helpful!)

Hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts to help you out.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
To my totally uneducated way of thinking, the only thing that might be making your wrinkles look more pronounced would be a lack of moisture or too much exfoliation. I've always found the AALS treatments to be quite hydrating, so I doubt that the light is causing your issues.

Perhaps it is the topicals that you are using. Have you done an LED treatment on bare skin? Have you tried doing a treatment after applying a nourishing moisturiser? What moisturiser are you currently using? Please tell us more about your skincare regimen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy and Keliu, thank you for your help. I was afraid people were going to say that it's not the light and that would be it.

I am 47 years old.

I have used Retin A .025% cream for a year now. I built up my usage gradually. I have used it every night for eight months.I take off one day a week. I have no problems using it.

I use Skinmedica Vitamin C + E every morning. I have used it for almost a year now. I have no irritation from it. I haven't used a DIY Vitamin C yet.

I use oils like palm, avocado and hemp. But, I only do this maybe once or twice a week.

I haven't used my vaculifter for months now. When I did use it, I only did it a couple times a week for a few months.

I do Flex Effect six days a week. I'm on my third month now. I do half the exercises one day and the other half the next day. This way each half of my face gets almost two days of rest before the next session. I massage my face using a simple pinch and roll for a few minutes every day. I usually just focus on the cheek and jaw area. I do it around my eyes only once in a while. I do the pressure reps and jolting but, I only do those once every other week. They are too intense for me to do on regular basis. The first time I did the jolting my eyes were puffy for a week. Kassy, since you have the FE program I know you understand what those things are. I recently added in a few Carole Maggio exercises. But, these are very non aggressive exercises. You don't pull your skin at all with these. Before Flex Effect I did Ageless for six months. I stopped doing Ageless when I began Flex Effect.

I haven't tried dermarolling yet. I am afraid.

I haven't purchased the Safetox yet. I'm still thinking about it.

I use my LS every other day. I use it with Kassy's Nourishing Cell Stimulating Lotion. I have been using this lotion for the past month. I let it sink in for 30 minutes. Since I started using the light I have always used it with pretreatments. Once in a while I use it on bare skin.

I exfoliate only before I use the light. So I guess that would mean I do it four times a week. I do this as part of Kassy's protocol for light usage. I use NCN's microfiber cloth. I think the cloth might be too much for me as my face is pretty dry after I use it and is absolutely stripped of oil. Then I apply the pretreatment lotion. I dry brush my face lightly a couple times a week.

I drink about three glasses of water a day. I guess maybe this is where a red flag would be raised.

I take MSM, Vitamin C, Fish Oil, Calcium and a few other supplements every day.

I exercise three days a week and have a good diet. I avoid the sun like the plague. I don't drink or smoke. What a goody two shoes I am.

Sorry for the excessive amount of details. But, I figure if I want help, it's important not to leave anything out.

These are the exact things I do. I don't do anything else. I do these things on a consistent basis. I'm glad you asked me to explain what I do to my skin. When I look at this list I can see the moisturization, hydration and exfoliation are probably causing me problems. It's always the most obvious things that you overlook. Keliu and Kassy, I think you're both great. I really appreciate your help.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I can't see anything wrong with what you're doing - it could be just your age and hormonal issues coming in to play.

I would try more moisture - I'm a huge fan of oils and apply them twice a day. If you feel you can't tolerate that, just find a nourishing cream maybe with Vitamin E. You could try applying that before your LED treatments and see if it makes a difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I see in your routine that my skin couldn't tolerate is Nanci's microfiber cloth. I use .1 retin-a and never had redness or peeling and my skin is very normal, never dry. I used the mircro cloth and it stripped my skin of oils....the only time in my entire life that I had any dryness. I now use Carole Maggio's facial mitts twice daily and have no problems. I know I am an odd ball with this cloth not working for me ...but it doesn't. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't seem like I'm butting in since I don't use the AALS but a microfiber cloth does the same for me. It seems to pull all the oil from my skin, making it look more haggard.
It wouldn't surprise me if you're skin was much happier without it.
roplay

Wed May 05, 2010 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Can I ask packratmack, as someone who has been using the LS for seven months, and someone who says they are a fan, what improvement you have seen to your skin in seven months. I have a LED light, albeit a different make (a skin physics photon), and have had it only it little over two weeks. Would love to hear about improvements over seven months, pretty please? I have noticed that my skin is very soft, but not really much reduction in wrinkles, eg on forehead.

Anyone who uses both a derma roller and a LED, do you use it alternate days, or what? Don't have my derma roller yet, but would be glad of advice from one of you good ladies! Very Happy
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Popping in with a quick question, anyone using this in England? My Mother-in-Law used mine and wants to buy one now but not sure about using it over in the UK (using a converter, etc).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
roplay wrote:
Can I ask packratmack, as someone who has been using the LS for seven months, and someone who says they are a fan, what improvement you have seen to your skin in seven months. I have a LED light, albeit a different make (a skin physics photon), and have had it only it little over two weeks. Would love to hear about improvements over seven months, pretty please? I have noticed that my skin is very soft, but not really much reduction in wrinkles, eg on forehead.

Anyone who uses both a derma roller and a LED, do you use it alternate days, or what? Don't have my derma roller yet, but would be glad of advice from one of you good ladies! Very Happy

I took a look at the 'photon' website, but they don't share any spec information (that I could find anyway.)... I'd also love to know the ingredient list for the "treatment serum" that comes with the kit if you can share that.

Assuming that your device has enough power to stimulate the correct cells, and your treatments are performed optimally, you should expect to see a *softening* of lines/wrinkles at about month 3. This is a rough example, and based on age, and your overall skin condition and regime, but basically 2 skin cycles are required to generate some *new, healthy* collagen. Also keep in mind that the aging process continues it's onslaught, so just slowing that down, and enjoying subtle improvements, is more of a realistic goal IMHO.

With that said I can also tell you specifically that I had exceptional results on neck + chest wrinkles + sun damage, but only a softening of forehead and crows feet wrinkles. This tells me that the constant expression of daily living is fighting the benefits an LED offers. Anyway, that makes sense to me.

I can also definitely tell you that as a 2 1/2 year LED user, that my face is quite a bit firmer now than it was when I started. (I can't grab as much skin when massaging if that makes sense.) The main benefit though, that I continue to see improvement in, is the condition of my skin. Simply put it's amazingly baby soft, with a luminous glow and a perfectly even tone. My cheeks even have a pinkish glow. (As in no makeup required, and I'd go so far as to say that any makeup takes away from the look rather than enhance it!) Also keep in mind that I am a 45 year smoker, so I consider this skin condition I'm seeing to be quite the miracle in itself! Very Happy

Now I need to work on a bit of sag and enlarged pores that are new, and I believe are the result of my CP trial... Sad I'm counting on topically applied products, along with some Derma Wand and Vaculifter treatments for that, which will work best on increasing the circulation and in turn, speed up the skin turnover... And I'll stick with the LED twice a week as time permits.

In closing I would just reiterate what I've said so many times; LED's are great, but they are not a magic wand all by themselves. It's an entire regime of beneficial tools and topicals that really comes together to make the *magic* happen... for me anyhoo Very Happy

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I live in the UK & now have 2 LightStims, if you order direct from the website in the USA they are most helpful & will include a socket adapter, you do not need to convert the voltage as it works on 110 or 240.I was hit by tax & delivery on entering the UK each time £50 x two - ouch! As they put "Light" on the import paperwork.

It is worth going for the double offer of 2 LightStims as this speeds up treatment time. I bought one unit first then realised the error of my ways & ordered another. The creamy, smooth results obtained from using the LighStim are very pleasing. I am still too early in treatment, 2 months or so, to have collagen growth showing, but look forward to this. HTH.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
So I finally ordered a light stim(and if I like it will be ordering a second one like many of you speak about)... anyway, I am a bit confused about the pre-treatment for it. I was reading that Green tea was good and then someone said do it on bare skin and I also read that CPs were good to use before....what is the latest consensus on this?

Also, if I should do a pre-treatment, do you leave it on while doing the LED or wash it off first?

Thanks everyone!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
roplay

Fri May 07, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy_a. Thanks 4 sharing a long use of the LD light. As to ingredients of the activating serum - there are a heap listed, main ones being Retinol, Regenetec, swiss apple (Malus Domstica). I can tell u the rest if you want a great long list! Power of this Skin Physics Photon is 660nm - how does that compare?

Everyone keeps talking about CPs - what is that short for pse?
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
CPs stand for Copper Peptides

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
roplay

Sat May 08, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SkinDeep38 - Thanks 4 info - but what are they please?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |