Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a link to some info on them.. I know I would fail at my attempt to try to explain them...

http://www.skinbiology.com/

Hope that helps!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
kiarmo

Sat May 08, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
My Lightstim came today--looking forward to using it.

I've read all through this thread (many thanks to Kassey for all the pointers) and now know that the pre-treatment should be a non-occlusive/non-oily serum BUT what about using OCM for cleansing prior to using AALS? I like how OCM removes my makeup and has decreased the oiliness of my t-zone so would like to be able to still use it. My skin doesn't feel at all oily after the OCM but would my skin have absorbed enough oil to make the Lightstim ineffective?

female 50, combo skin, some hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores on nose, several spider veins; use Kassey's DIY C, E, Ferulic serum, SAS products (LMC, CHAS, Anti-Aging Cream, ELS, Bright-I, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel), pHisoderm in a.m. & OCM at night; fave oils are rosehip seed, almond & jojoba
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

I can also definitely tell you that as a 2 1/2 year LED user, that my face is quite a bit firmer now than it was when I started. (I can't grab as much skin when massaging if that makes sense.) The main benefit though, that I continue to see improvement in, is the condition of my skin. Simply put it's amazingly baby soft, with a luminous glow and a perfectly even tone. My cheeks even have a pinkish glow. (As in no makeup required, and I'd go so far as to say that any makeup takes away from the look rather than enhance it!) Also keep in mind that I am a 45 year smoker, so I consider this skin condition I'm seeing to be quite the miracle in itself! Very Happy

Rather than trying to explain it in private correspondence, here is a recent picture.

Feel free to do whatever it is you sceptics do to analyze pictures, but I assure you I did nothing to this picture, and don't have a stitch of makeup on either.

I'm no glamour girl, so what you see is what it is. The *glow* around my cheeks is apparent both in pictures and in person, as is my skin clarity + tone. If you can figure out how to zoom in, you will see the enlarged pores I'm working on now which I believe is the result of CP use.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, you're such a doll for posting your picture.. your skin looks gorgeous. I wish my skin looked that good WITH makeup!!

Anway, I got my AALS today too!! Woohoo..I'm super excited...

I asked earlier what the consensus seems to be on pre-treatments... should I do it on bare skin or try a pre-treatment like green tea?? And, do I leave it on or wash it off first? I know it should be something non oily etc.

Thanks!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
A silly question perhaps, but I always feel my LightStims are working better when they are heated up & actually feel warm against the skin. Does anyone know if this makes a difference?

Sometimes I switch them on a little time before I use them to let them pre-heat or else I start cold with them in a different place each time in case the warmth is an integral part of their working. Your thoughts on this would be welcomed.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy I do see the glow and it rocks!
What has made this thread so motivating is your constant claim and pictures of results.
A device is of no benefit if it sits in the drawer but if posters are excited about results and dare to post a picture it motivates us all to keep on keeping on. That is what produces results and that without that encouragement and support we wouldn't stay motivated to keep up the fight! Thanks for all you do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy you're gorgeous, and your skin looks awesome!

Thanks so much for posting your picture!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy,

Someone asked Steve from Lightstim if the heat effects the efficacy and it does not.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=533726&highlight=led+pretreatment#533726

The post is about halfway down on the page.

kiarmo

Mon May 10, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Another newbie question that I asked a few posts back on this page that I'm still wondering if anyone can answer...does cleansing using the oil cleansing method prior to using the Lightstim interfere with the light's action? Thanks for any help.

female 50, combo skin, some hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores on nose, several spider veins; use Kassey's DIY C, E, Ferulic serum, SAS products (LMC, CHAS, Anti-Aging Cream, ELS, Bright-I, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel), pHisoderm in a.m. & OCM at night; fave oils are rosehip seed, almond & jojoba
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know enough about the OCM to give you an adequate answer so hopefully someone else will chime in. Can you do the OCM after the Light?

roplay

Mon May 10, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy A .You must have been smoking before u were conceived if u say u have been smoking 4 45 years. Your skin looks great. Anyone know of anywhere is Australia who sells CP for a reasonable price, please?
kiarmo

Mon May 10, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SkinDeep38. I use the oil cleansing method (OCM) with a microfibre cloth as a cleanser to remove my makeup in the shower at night (then I want to use the LightStim after that) so that's why I can't use OCM after using the LightStim.

I know there are lots of other cleansers I could switch to but I really like OCM because not only does it remove my mineral makeup really well and it's dirt cheap, but more importantly it has decreased the oiliness of my t-zone & pore size. I read about OCM on EDS so hopefully someone who uses LightStim will know about/use OCM and can advise me. Anyone?

ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks Kassy_A for your updated photo! Gorgeous!
Kiarmo, I use the AALS at night and I used to exfoliate in the morning,... after consulting here I switched to exfoliate in the evening right before using the AALS, and I also use OCM to cleanse my skin in the evening,... since I changed my exfoliating routine, right after the OCM, I've noticed a difference in my skin tone, so I personally think it is fine to OCM BUT also EXFOLIATE before using and getting the best benefit out of the use of AALS!

On the other hand, I recently tried out the AALS in the morning and was pleased to see it quickly dimished my early morning eyebags. It seemed to have a diuretic effect on my early morning face, got rid of the puffiness.
Hope it may help, A.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
ATester; good on you with the eyebags. You're getting the benefits of the increased lymphatic drainage this LED provides!

kiarmo; just be sure to remove every last trace of oil before your treatment. My preference is just to keep my oils till post treatment.

C-Katy; The 'heat' is a comfort factor only, and has no bearing on your treatment. I would prefer more heat personally, but the amber just runs the coolest of all.

Brierrose; just let your own unique skin be your guide. It knows best exactly what you need, and it will tell you loud and clear if you just watch for the signs. My old hyde craves much more exfoliation, so it's a good thing for me. Younger folks have the 'natural + quicker' skin turnover (that I'm lacking), so less vigilant microfiber exfoliation is warranted for them. It's all about watching for the signs/clues your unique skin gives you.

SkinDeep; If it helps, I've found that the best thing for me is to keep switching up my pre-treatment protocol. I make my own and only incorporate the things that will encourage collagen/elastin synthesis, and are nourishing to the cells in one way or the other. I've posted 2 or 3 serums/spritz options, and yes I use those, and I also alternate with bare skin treatments now and then. The constants for me that I never vary on are 1.) gentle exfoliation with my microfibeer cloth, 2.) drink a glass of water before and after treatment + 3.) following treatment I apply my cell stimulating serum, whether I've used it pre or not.

Another thing that has been a fairly ongoing (through the years) habit, that I don't recall having mentioned lately, is that I do a face/neck/chest steam treatment once or twice a week. Optimally (if time permits), I'll do this prior to my LED treatment. (So it would be; cleanse, exfoliate, steam, apply whatever I'm using to treat, and after it has penetrated 30 minutes or so I do my treatment.

The main thing I would tell you is to try to use only good beneficial skin building actives, and look for a base without silicones, oils, petrolatum, or anything else that's occlusive. I know, not so easy to find that, so the only way I know to get around it is to apply your product of choice, allow it to penetrate up to an hour, and then prior to your treatment remove the film that will no doubt remain, with a warm damp cloth.

Hope I didn't forget anyone .. Very Happy

Thanks to all for the nice things you've said, and I'm happy if the pictures I've shared have helped. (I know how much they help me when others do likewise!)

One of these days I'll gussy myself up and post a nice picture for a change... Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy thanks so much for all your suggestions and advice!! It's really appreciated. I will experiment with pre-treatments...so far I've just done it bare.

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the LightStim on my arms and so far, no result. I use the BQ on my face as it gets into my eye sockets better. I'm persevering with the LS on my arms for sure after seeing your results, Ms. K. I don't use copper peptides. They do nothing for me at all, including that SS stuff. I thought it was the actual dark green colour getting in my pores that made them look larger.

Tue May 11, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies ATester and Kassey. I feel that the microfibre cloth and warm water removes the oil from OCM well but I was just concerned that maybe some had been absorbed and would interfere. Then I exfoliate with a dry microfibre cloth after my shower so hopefully that will all be okay. I guess I'll know after a cycle or two...

I find the warmth of the light nice & soothing but it's too early to have seen any results after only using it 4 times. I did take 'before' photos. I'm finding that I'm not able to cover all of my face in the 10 positions they show in the pamphlet that comes with the light but that's not a big issue--a few extra minutes of time.

Thanks for the assistance.

SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Kiarmo,

I'm finding that same thing...that I need a couple extra positions to cover my whole face... plus I'm doing my chest area..so it's rather time consuming although I will probably purchase a second LS to speed things up.

But right now, this along with the TV, there is not enough time in the day!!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
Kiarmo,

I'm finding that same thing...that I need a couple extra positions to cover my whole face... plus I'm doing my chest area..so it's rather time consuming although I will probably purchase a second LS to speed things up.

But right now, this along with the TV, there is not enough time in the day!!

I wouldn't encourage anybody to get a 2nd LED, unless they are 100% happy with the results they are seeing.

With that said, yes I did buy the 2nd light, and for me it made the difference between using it or not. I simply didn't have the 90 minutes to spare twice a week, but 40 minutes was a no brainer. I treat face, neck, chest + hands for 3 minutes per spot.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I'm using the LightStim on my arms and so far, no result. I use the BQ on my face as it gets into my eye sockets better. I'm persevering with the LS on my arms for sure after seeing your results, Ms. K. I don't use copper peptides. They do nothing for me at all, including that SS stuff. I thought it was the actual dark green colour getting in my pores that made them look larger.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I'd be shocked if the LED did any significant tightening of the arms. For instance; I have and use the red/infrared LED on my bum knee, where there is also loose skin from muscle atrophy, and I haven't noticed any significant tightening of that skin. Yes, the skin is softer, the mottling is gone + also the pain/swelling is reduced enough that pain meds aren't necessary anymore. Granted, I haven't tried it with the AALS, so don't know if the amber diodes would make a difference.

BTW, I thought about you and busted out laughing while reading in bed one night. I was trying to get a better look at a graph, lifted the book above my head to the light which was behind me, and lo + behold there was the dreaded "crepy inner elbow" skin that you were b!tchen about all those months ago... Laughing

I'll try the LED on it if I remember, but I won't hold my breath for results. Let me know how you fair as well.

Hmm! Have you tried DMAE? I'll test my DIY serum on the old elbow for a week or so and let you know if it helps. I'll take a few pictures of the ugly stuff today! Embarassed

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Antonia wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but I'd be shocked if the LED did any significant tightening of the arms. For instance; I have and use the red/infrared LED on my bum knee, where there is also loose skin from muscle atrophy, and I haven't noticed any significant tightening of that skin. Yes, the skin is softer, the mottling is gone + also the pain/swelling is reduced enough that pain meds aren't necessary anymore. Granted, I haven't tried it with the AALS, so don't know if the amber diodes would make a difference.

BTW, I thought about you and busted out laughing while reading in bed one night. I was trying to get a better look at a graph, lifted the book above my head to the light which was behind me, and lo + behold there was the dreaded "crepy inner elbow" skin that you were b!tchen about all those months ago... Laughing

I'll try the LED on it if I remember, but I won't hold my breath for results. Let me know how you fair as well.

Hmm! Have you tried DMAE? I'll test my DIY serum on the old elbow for a week or so and let you know if it helps. I'll take a few pictures of the ugly stuff today! Embarassed

I have two antiaging lightstims and am really glad because I might not be faithful to the cause without the duo.
Now for the wrinkled elbow skin or funky skin else where on the body....just watch this video and enjoy!!!!I posted this on the rant and rave thread but some of might have of you might have missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejrJuv43k4

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 5:40 am      Reply with quote
It's no longer there, Toby. A copyright issue.
Can you maybe tell us about it? Plllzzz. Enquiring minds and crepey arms need to know.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
You have to watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaruNs_7okY

I watched a few of her other videos while I was at it. They aren't all spectacular, but some are pretty funny. I must have received a dozen emails about her mom version of the William Tell overture.
jiville

Thu May 13, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi I'm new to this forum. I get Botox regularly (every 3 month). Will Led light dissipate the effect ? And what about fillers ?
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I just emailed Customer Service about Botox and they said it may even prolong Botox so that's good news.. I was avoiding my forehead area b/c I get it there..

I got an email from Hautelook about upcoming sales and Lightstim is going on sale Monday 5/17 for those of you that are interested!

http://www.hautelook.com/events/all/comingsoon

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |