Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Actually there has been a lot of buzz about EGF for sometime and I think I tried it two years ago from skinactives. More recently I have heard about it in the revive line from various threads here. Since revive is quite expensive I decided to try Carole's serum when she had it on special several months ago. Glad I tried it...it won't be for everyone because it has a heavy fragrance.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Actually there has been a lot of buzz about EGF for sometime and I think I tried it two years ago from skinactives. More recently I have heard about it in the revive line from various threads here. Since revive is quite expensive I decided to try Carole's serum when she had it on special several months ago. Glad I tried it...it won't be for everyone because it has a heavy fragrance.

Carole's serum is quite expensive!

Do you use it in conjunction to AALS or just the serum on its own?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I have not used the EGF serum along with my Lightstim treatments. In fact my life has been so unbelievably hectic this last six weeks I haven't been faithful to my Lightstim treatments. But because I have backed off the treatments it has been a good time to observe the effect that the EGF has had on my skin without the addition of other things. Also I must keep in mind that light treatments are give both short term results as well as long term...so I am still getting the skin renewal(hopefully collagen boost) of usage of my light from continual use since Nov. until six weeks ago. I need Kassy's encouraging posts to remind me to use the lights on a regular schedule. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
^ I agree, I do see the effects when I forget to use my Lightstim. But the LT benefits are still there like my skin tone but my skin now is less supple. I need to rem to use it!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Probably a silly question but being summertime is it ok to you use my lightstim the same day I've been out in the sun where I've got color but not burned? I do realize the sun defeats the anti aging process!Laughing
(FYI I always apply the home made green/white tea toner first)

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
Probably a silly question but being summertime is it ok to you use my lightstim the same day I've been out in the sun where I've got color but not burned? I do realize the sun defeats the anti aging process!Laughing

Please don't put your face in the sun. I live on a boat and I'm pretty much in the sun all day long - but I make sure to always wear sunscreen and a hat. However, I would think that the Lightstim would have a calming effect on the skin so it should be ok.

BTW everyone, in a moment of complete madness I plugged my AALS into the wrong power cord and blew it up! I was so mad with myself, so had to order another one. The new one arrived - pronto, thanks to great service from Steve. I really like the new design which has the lights slightly recessed - keeps the light from spreading.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Pollyanna wrote:

Please don't put your face in the sun. I live on a boat and I'm pretty much in the sun all day long - but I make sure to always wear sunscreen and a hat. However, I would think that the Lightstim would have a calming effect on the skin so it should be ok.

oh it wasn't intentional-just out walking on a VERY hot day... I was wearing sunscreen and light makeup but short of hiding I was bound to get a slight tan
thanks for the feedback Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all, I am new to the forum, but have been lurking for quite a while. I have been saving to buy the AALS based on the rave reviews, but I have a question for Russian Sunshine. Why do you say that the DPL was better than the AALS or Prolight? I am assuming you had better results, but which did you buy first and how long did you use each? Perhaps, if you started with the smaller models and then bought the DPL, you had some improvement started before you switched. I like the idea of a bigger unit so that I need to use it less, but the convenience of the AALS is appealing too. I am not educated enough about these devices to know how the lights compare on each. They are all expensive so I want to get the best one I can afford. Any insight? I know Kassy is quite knowledgeable...
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone link the NASA report on LED light to me?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:24 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE:

I'll be brief.

After using my LED's for almost 3 years now, (age 57 through 60) these are my overall thoughts based on my experience.

- I experienced prettier, softer skin from day one. Once it hit the prettiest peak it stayed that way with continued treatment, and remains extremely youthful looking today. (Not bad for a 45 year smoker who's 10 years post menopausal.. Wink

- My neck responded the best as far as tightening and toning which seemed very apparent to me. My face realized some plumping which I assume is related to increased collagen, and I would say at this point I believe it has slowed down the aging process to a crawl. (That was my goal, so I am very satisfied, and consider it quite the miracle in itself.) Sometimes I think folks expect too much from LED's and consistently forget that the "aging process" continues day by day. Sometimes I hear questions like; "what happens if I stop using it" (or anything for that matter), and I wonder why people aren't keeping in mind that they continue to age for every day that they live, so of course you'd have to be consistently fighting to slow that down.

- I think starting LED use regularly from about age 35 on, would result in an extremely young looking 50 or 60 year old face/neck/chest/hands. Will you see big, huge transformations? No. But what you can count on are the subtle and cumulative benefits over the long term, and a definite slowing down to a crawl the typical aging process skin woes. In other words, you'll be a far cry better with it's use, than you'll be without. (Wish I knew about it back in the day.)

- Just want to mention that I haven't used the LED (or any gadget) more than 2 or 3 times since March (ish), and I am seeing a deepening in the NL area, and also some looseness in the front of my neck. Yes I've had more than my fair share of stress which definitely shows on our faces. I can only imagine what I would look like now though, if I didn't consistently use a couple of gadgets right along. (My skin is still looking + feeling amazing though, albeit on a looser foundation.. Laughing

- Do I think an LED is a magic wand that will turn a toad into a Prince? Hell no. But if you have the patience of a Saint, a few hours to call your own weekly for pampering, and above all realistic goals, then I would definitely recommend an LED to your skin care arsenal.

Anyhoo, just some thoughts in case it helps someone.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Kassy part of the magic to the Lightstim has your enthusiasm and motivation. The device is great but your constant encouragement got everyone motivated to use it regularly and that is what it takes to have results. I really miss your regular visits here

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Kassy part of the magic to the Lightstim has your enthusiasm and motivation. The device is great but your constant encouragement got everyone motivated to use it regularly and that is what it takes to have results. I really miss your regular visits here

Thanks Tob, I miss you guys too.

Life is slowly getting back on track, but I've been super busy with little or no time to *play*... wave

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful and thorough explanation of your results. I want one of these sooooo bad. Money is an issue right now, but I hope to buy one next month. You are such a great resource!!
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Another sale at hautelook for lightstim on 8/6.
HelsH

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm a long time lurker, and have been watching the Lightstim thread for a while.
I'm from Australia, and thinking of buying the AALS duo in the Haute sale. However, I need a little advice on the US power transformer step-down required.
I understand the company sends a step-down transformer out with international orders, however, if they don't send one with a HauteLook order, then I need to know how many watts the LightStim runs on.
Hopefully another Australian owner can let me know what stepdown unit is compatible with the unit i.e. (50W Step Down Transformer 240V to 115V), or someone can tell me the wattage.

Apologies if this info has already been posted somewhere, but I did a quick search and couldn't find any info.

Many thanks for any help
Helen
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
HelsH wrote:
lindylass wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm a long time lurker, and have been watching the Lightstim thread for a while.
I'm from Australia, and thinking of buying the AALS duo in the Haute sale. However, I need a little advice on the US power transformer step-down required.
I understand the company sends a step-down transformer out with international orders, however, if they don't send one with a HauteLook order, then I need to know how many watts the LightStim runs on.
Hopefully another Australian owner can let me know what stepdown unit is compatible with the unit i.e. (50W Step Down Transformer 240V to 115V), or someone can tell me the wattage.

Apologies if this info has already been posted somewhere, but I did a quick search and couldn't find any info.

Many thanks for any help
Helen

I'm in Australia - you don't need a stepdown transformer, you only need an adaptor plug.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu, for that information. Perhaps the AALS has an international version, because when I emailed asking for a code to purchase the duo I was told that 10% only applied to a single unit purchase. And then the email went on to read ...
"We will send you a US power transformer that is 100-240 volts and will work with any voltage throughout the world. If you don't already have one you will need to purchase a plug or prong adapter for the US to Australia. Amazon sells them for $1.00 to $2.00. If you travel you can always buy an additional adapter for whatever country you are traveling to."

Very confused
Helen
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
HelsH wrote:
Thanks Keliu, for that information. Perhaps the AALS has an international version, because when I emailed asking for a code to purchase the duo I was told that 10% only applied to a single unit purchase. And then the email went on to read ...
"We will send you a US power transformer that is 100-240 volts and will work with any voltage throughout the world. If you don't already have one you will need to purchase a plug or prong adapter for the US to Australia. Amazon sells them for $1.00 to $2.00. If you travel you can always buy an additional adapter for whatever country you are traveling to."

Very confused
Helen

I purchased from Lightstim and the unit came with a plug that is suitable for 240 volts - this is the plug that goes from the unit to the wall. But I still had to purchase an adapter (Australian 3 pin plug). That's what they're referring to when they mention the Amazon one. You can buy these from any supermarket or bag store - it's just a travel adapter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
flipper wrote:
Hello all, I am new to the forum, but have been lurking for quite a while. I have been saving to buy the AALS based on the rave reviews, but I have a question for Russian Sunshine. Why do you say that the DPL was better than the AALS or Prolight? I am assuming you had better results, but which did you buy first and how long did you use each? Perhaps, if you started with the smaller models and then bought the DPL, you had some improvement started before you switched. I like the idea of a bigger unit so that I need to use it less, but the convenience of the AALS is appealing too. I am not educated enough about these devices to know how the lights compare on each. They are all expensive so I want to get the best one I can afford. Any insight? I know Kassy is quite knowledgeable...

Sorry for the late reply. I bought DPL first and used it for more than a year and really liked the results. I was doing 2 treatments 2 times a day along with my usual routine (CPs and Retin A).Then I found out about ProLight Red and bought it when it was on sale. Then I had to travel to Europe for one month so I left my DPL at home and took my ProLight with me and was using it instead DPL as instructed in the manual. After one month of using Prolight I had an impression that my skin lost a bit of its firmness. Confused Then my boyfriend accidently had broken it, and I decided to get the AALS as a replacement. I had been using it for at least a month 2 times a day 3 minutes per area with no visible improvement. But since I'm a stubborn Believer Brick wall , I continue using it along with my faithful DPL which has brought me my firmness back!
jordanCo

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I just got an email from Hautelook that thru 8/9 they are offering all three Lightstims for $199 each.

I bought the AALS a few months ago at the $300+ price so this may save someone else who is thinking of purchasing.

And was lurking til today but the info on this board and suggestions are fantastic. Thanks to all who share. Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Then my boyfriend accidently had broken it, and I decided to get the AALS as a replacement. I had been using it for at least a month 2 times a day 3 minutes per area with no visible improvement. But since I'm a stubborn Believer Brick wall , I continue using it along with my faithful DPL which has brought me my firmness back!

I think you are overdoing it. Just MHO, but I don't believe *any* good quality LED should be used more frequently then every other day at most.

They are meant to stimulate the ATP to produce more collagen, so once you have produced the required *inflammation*, you should let it do it's job unimpeded for the next 48 hours.

Anyhoo, that's just my feeling, and what has worked for me.

RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Then my boyfriend accidently had broken it, and I decided to get the AALS as a replacement. I had been using it for at least a month 2 times a day 3 minutes per area with no visible improvement. But since I'm a stubborn Believer Brick wall , I continue using it along with my faithful DPL which has brought me my firmness back!

I think you are overdoing it. Just MHO, but I don't believe *any* good quality LED should be used more frequently then every other day at most.

They are meant to stimulate the ATP to produce more collagen, so once you have produced the required *inflammation*, you should let it do it's job unimpeded for the next 48 hours.

Anyhoo, that's just my feeling, and what has worked for me.

Kassy_A, u are right, I was overdoing it at a time, now I use it only once in 2 days but together with my DPL. But, honestly, I just use it beacuse I bought it, not because I saw some positive changes as I did with my DPL.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if you can use the Lightstim with Sculptra treatments?? I had 2 vials of Sculptra injected in my temples and cheeks 2 weeks ago. I am having another round of injections in 4 weeks, its so expensive I don't want to mess it up. I can't find anything for or against using the lightstim in conjunction with Scupltra treatments. Any help would be appreciated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie,

The Customer Service at Lightstim is great for answering questions if you want to email them, but I have asked before about Botox and using AALS and they said there is some evidence that indicates it may help it last longer so maybe it's the same principle as Sculptra.

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Russian Sunshine,

Thank you for your response. I guess I will now have to decide between DPL and AALS. I am leaning towards AALS for convenience. Does anyone know if the lights are the same for these two?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |