Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
I have the anti-aging lightstim, and think it makes a big difference in my skin tone and elasticity, when I use it regularly. Has anyone come up with something like this in a full body treatment, like a tanning bed? I'd pay to use something like that. When I was younger, I went to tanning beds, this would at least be good for my skin.
I've mentioned this on EDS a few times. There are places in the US that do full-body LED beds, and you can even refit your UV tanning bed with LED lights if you know where to look.

As I've said often, I'd regularly go to one if there were any places that offered them in the UK! Type "led skin rejuvenation beds" in a search engine and you should find something.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I did notice an all over softening of my skin but Kassys suggestion made me think. I've been on a new HRT for about 6 weeks now so maybe that has something to do with it. The only other time I noticed skin this soft was when I used Willard Water. Everyones praise of the Lightstim and their great results keep me motivated to use it. I use it on my face and arms. Haven't noticed too much yet but I will continue to use it every day if I can.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ladyjean....do tell what is Willard Water? Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Willard water is an altered form of water. I think a catalyst is added to make the molecular structure different. I saw a 20/20 or 60 minutes program on it at least 20 years ago and how people benefitted from it's many uses. www dot dr-willardswater dot com
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my AALS used on ebay and it didn't come with directions. I use it 3 minutes on each spot like other people here recommend for best results but I wondered if you could use it twice a day? I went to the Lightstim website but they don't have a lot of info there. It doesn't seem to dry out my skin but I wonder if using it a lot would be detrimental. I read somewhere that you have to let your skin rest so the collagen can rebuild. Does anyone know about this?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
I bought my AALS used on ebay and it didn't come with directions. I use it 3 minutes on each spot like other people here recommend for best results but I wondered if you could use it twice a day? I went to the Lightstim website but they don't have a lot of info there. It doesn't seem to dry out my skin but I wonder if using it a lot would be detrimental. I read somewhere that you have to let your skin rest so the collagen can rebuild. Does anyone know about this?

I doubt more frequent use would be "detrimental", but would it be helpful? That is the question.

Personally, I don't think any gadget that's designed to stimulate collagen production should be used every day.

If you back track a bit in this thread, you will see many posts where I explained in detail why I feel this way. Anyway, my results support everything I've said here, so I'll continue with my less is more approach.. Very Happy

Maybe some folks who use LED's daily can weigh in for you as well.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, I found your post on collagen rebuilding. Since you get such outstanding results with your AALS, I will follow your suggestion in using it 5 days a week. I have to be careful not to get too eager with these devices and overdo them.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I typically do the AALS 4-5 days a week and then take the weekends off. I have been doing my face, chest, and neck and it can be rather time consuming so I look forward to my days off!!

I do see some results (plumping of the skin) on my face and neck but have yet to see much results on my chest area...was hoping for the results Kassy seemed to experience but I'll keep it up.

I'd love to find a Total Body LED bed...I'd be up for that...yikes all that time spent in the tanning beds ...just think what my skin would have looked like had they been LED instead...oh well.. the past is the past...

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in awhile but it'll be going on a year since I started using Lightstim. What can I say except I love it, can't go without it. Smile I get compliments that I look much younger, so all the time-consumption does pay off. I also started using Ageless Secret prior to AALS (there's a thread under product reviews about Ageless). I'm loving them as a combo.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi White Wolf, How often do you use your LightStim? I use mine three times a week. Some people say over use of the devices can be detrimental. I am not sure what to believe. I am wondering if I should cut back to two times a week. Of course, the LightStim website says you can use it everyday. I guess no one will ever have a correct answer to this question. Thank you.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I use mine about 4 nights a week (sometimes 5). I think the LightStim is very safe to use and I don't think one can "over do it".

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Has the subject of skin-colour come up in the last 71 pages? Apologies if it has (I read back to pg 60 plus first 20).

Has anyone seen this review below? I am a little wary as the same review has been posted on at least two different sites but it seems reasonably genuine.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/347058/my_experience_with_the_lightstim_.html?cat=25

In case you don't read it, she says that the AALS doesn't seem to do anything for her but worked wonders for a spot on her husband's face. She's black and he's white. She wrote to Lightstim asking if they had done any studies for skin colour differences and they said no and wanted to get feed back from her once she'd used it longterm (which she didn't, she gave up).

I'm not black but I have olive skin which apparently will be thicker than pale skin. Has anyone with non-white skin been using the AALS (or any other LED) and have gotten good results?

Also do Lightstim offer some sort of discount for EDS users? I seem to remember reading about this.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I am white but I remember when I bought a Prolight and had a conversation with Rita Page, owner of the Prolight company....she said there was an issue of skin color and skin thickness. My skin is slighly olive and on the thicker side and she said that I needed a red LED for deeper penetration. I realize this thread is dedicated to Lightstim but I thought I would throw that bit of information in. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Now that is very interesting, Toby.

I am white as well(Irish fair skinned) and have seen more changes in my facial and neck area as opposed to my chest area. I wonder if it's b/c the skin is thicker on my chest and the light isn't penetrating deep enough. hmmmmmmmm........

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
@Miranda; I'm white, kind of fair to medium skin tone I guess. I definitely had a change in skin color with continued use of the LED. In fact, about a year ago, I put comparison pictures in the Pro Light thread for someone. (I have no idea if their still there though Confused ) My skin took on a decidedly fairer, pinker color.

I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I assume Lightstim is still offering the 10% discount to EDS members. They also had a deal on discounts for buying more than 1 device. Call the 800# on the website!

In all I'd say I'm a shade or two paler than I was 3 years ago. Nothing continuous though since then. I also don't think this is the norm though, because I don't recall others saying more than "it's evened out my skin tone" etc..

@Toby; Please feel free to talk about any LED product info/experience you'd like to share here. I think it's invaluable, (especially for newbies considering LED's), to have the input of long term users, who have used any decent LED. I'm sure one of us will hit on a *happy accident*, and I would only hope she/he shares it at EDS! (Ya'll know I've done my best to tell it like it is.. Laughing )

I for one would enjoy knowing if a synergistic effect could be achieved by combining different LED treatments. I've tried it with the Omnilux, but it didn't work out positively. It's been quite a while since I took it out of the box, but maybe I'll give it a go with a new serum I'm testing. (I just have to find the time... Rolling Eyes)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I think you've misunderstood my line of thought (and the blog lady's). The query is if it's true that the darker your (natural) skintone is, the thicker your skin will be, does this mean those with pale skin will benefit more from LED than those with dark skin in terms of light penetration?
I was wondering how many people with olive skin or darker, experience good results with the lightstim as this is something that (supposedly) even lightstim don't know.

I guess the same would apply to using the AALS on other body parts as SkinDeep mentioned. I suppose it wouldn't work well on my stomach SM scars.
But anyway, I don't want to muddy the water with a discussion on other body parts usage but would love to hear from other darker-skinned people if there are any who use it??
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Hi Kassy, I think you've misunderstood my line of thought (and the blog lady's). The query is if it's true that the darker your (natural) skintone is, the thicker your skin will be, does this mean those with pale skin will benefit more from LED than those with dark skin in terms of light penetration?
I was wondering how many people with olive skin or darker, experience good results with the lightstim as this is something that (supposedly) even lightstim don't know.

I guess the same would apply to using the AALS on other body parts as SkinDeep mentioned. I suppose it wouldn't work well on my stomach SM scars.
But anyway, I don't want to muddy the water with a discussion on other body parts usage but would love to hear from other darker-skinned people if there are any who use it??

Sorry I misunderstood you Miranda.. Sad

I don't know it as *fact*, but I would imagine that the lighter the natural skin tone, the easier the penetration would be. I believe this is the case for lasers, so maybe getting an understanding to why that is, might then make sense to how it could relate (or not) to LED use.

Sorry, not much help there was I Embarassed

As for scars, I don't think there is an LED on the planet that could tackle that issue with truly satisfying results on it's own... Whether or not a copper peptide product used along with it would make a difference, would probably be worth some research time.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Can I safely assume I've answered the "oil occlusion" query satisfactorily?

No!!! I'm not convinced. Logically, it doesn't make sense to me. Also, I can find no definitive information on this - simply because I don't think there has been any clinical trials testing the results of using an LED on skin with and without oil.

I must admit that I've given myself a few treatments with oil, just to see if there was any difference. The oil did seem to penetrate into the skin much faster - probably because the oil heats up. Now I'm thinking that could be beneficial - but, of course, without allot of technical measuring devices, I have no idea on how this is really effecting the light rays. Please note that I am NOT advocating the use of oil with an LED - but I just can't see how it is possible for an oil to block the light rays. As I've said before, if oil did block light rays it would be incorporated into sunscreen. But as we all know, oil accentuates the effects of the sun and sun damage.

I've been away for a while, so if I've missed any pertinent info on this subject, let me know. I still think it's an interesting topic for discussion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Can I safely assume I've answered the "oil occlusion" query satisfactorily?

No!!! I'm not convinced. Logically, it doesn't make sense to me. Also, I can find no definitive information on this - simply because I don't think there has been any clinical trials testing the results of using an LED on skin with and without oil.

I must admit that I've given myself a few treatments with oil, just to see if there was any difference. The oil did seem to penetrate into the skin much faster - probably because the oil heats up. Now I'm thinking that could be beneficial - but, of course, without allot of technical measuring devices, I have no idea on how this is really effecting the light rays. Please note that I am NOT advocating the use of oil with an LED - but I just can't see how it is possible for an oil to block the light rays. As I've said before, if oil did block light rays it would be incorporated into sunscreen. But as we all know, oil accentuates the effects of the sun and sun damage.

I've been away for a while, so if I've missed any pertinent info on this subject, let me know. I still think it's an interesting topic for discussion.

Welcome back to the forum Keliu; good to see you here again!

The question of using oils with LED treatments was discussed on this thread previously; you can refer back to page 50 for various opinions (both professional and otherwise). I don't believe the matter was ever fully resolved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Welcome back to the forum Keliu; good to see you here again!

The question of using oils with LED treatments was discussed on this thread previously; you can refer back to page 50 for various opinions (both professional and otherwise). I don't believe the matter was ever fully resolved.

Thanks Lacy, it's nice to be back - I've been in the wilderness with no phone or internet. Must admit I loved every minute of it.

Thanks for directing me to that discussion - I'd forgotten about it. I think Trigger made a very viable point when she said that LED rays can actually penetrate through muscle and tissue - and lets not forget that the skin has a natural oil content anyway.

As I said earlier, I don't see how anyone can actually have a definitive answer to the question of using oil with LED because there has been no testing on the subject. I think the words "oil and occlusivity" tend to go hand in hand, but people forget that this is related to the effect of oil on water not light.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

Maybe this explains why neither the Baby Q nor the AALS has done a thing for me?!?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

Maybe this explains why neither the Baby Q nor the AALS has done a thing for me?!?

I think this is an interesting topic as well - and the fact that the Lightstim people don't have an answer isn't surprising. We are all guinea pigs as far as this technology is concerned - I don't think the real effects of these treatments will be known until they've been used consistently for over twenty years.

Apparently, people who have large amounts of melanin are just as prone to sun damage as fair skinned people (something I was unaware of). So I would have thought that those with a darker skin colour would be more sensitive to LED. I also know that darker skinned people have less success with IPL and other lasers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
My life is on the fast track now and I don't have time to do much but if someone could send an email to Rita Page I honestly think she would have an answer for the skin color issue. My skin is thick and more olive and she mentioned that it would be more difficult for my skin to be effected by light treatments than someone with thinner more fair skin. There was further discussion about the red light doing more for thicker olive skin.Now my skin isn't dark just slightly olive and thick...definitely more prone to sag than wrinkling.
We have missed you Keliu....glad you are now connected and all is well with you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, Keliu, thank heaven you are back on planet EDS, I was just about to PM you & see if you were OK, although it had crossed my mind you might be bobbing around in some tranquil seas somewhere Very Happy

Next. I assume most of you guys & girls here on EDS have all read The New Science of Perfect Skin by Daniel B Yarosh Ph.D - excellent bedtime reading! I was reading this again last night & was struck how what I thought I knew about dark skin was actually the other way around, perhaps this can also be applied to using the Lightstim?

Quote. "Many types of lasers are DANGEROUS to DARK skin, because MORE MELANIN means MORE LIGHT ABSORBED, which can burn or trigger keloid".

I always assumed dark & olive skins were just unresponsive, I did not realise that the use of lasers & such like - perhaps Lightstim? - were unsafe because darker skin absorbs the light FAR TOO efficiently, & as dark skin is so susceptible to keloid scarring this is the worry.

Now.... I have pale Scottish Celtic skin,for this read pure blue white in winter, but in my youth (long passed Sad I was a devoted tanner, until I was about age 38, then total ban of sun on my face, thank heaven!). Strangely, I do succumb to keloid scarring at the wave of a hat,(maybe a rogue gene somewhere), however, maybe dark skin & the Lightstim are not a good combination, simply because it is able to pass through FAR TOO EFFICIENTLY. Mmmmm, now that is a new angle on things. So any of you who suffer from keloid scarring maybe also you should take care.

I have 2 Lightstim gadgets but am almost embarrassed to say I have not used them for some time as I have been having such fun with my Skindream & using my Slendertone Face for the required 12 weeks, almost up - yeh!

The Lightstims, even with two, do take a long time for treatment time. Added to this I had been wiping mine clean after use with alcohol based rose water (as my usual lavender water had run out & all I could get was this - big mistake), after several treatments I wondered where my new freckles were coming from Shock then I worked out that the rose oil was acting as a melanin trigger Shock just as some other aromatherapy oils (Bergamot) are not a good combo with sun. So a warning to you all to watch for this detrimental occurrence & think about what is on your face when you use the Lightstim. I have not really used the Lightstims since then , but am feeling guilty about this, so once life settles passed this busy time, I hope to go back & add it to my arsenal of anti-aging treatments.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
It is nice to be back, but I've got a lot of skin treatments to catch up on. What with swimming and snorkeling everyday I've kind of let things slide.

Like you, I also thought that people with darker skin were less prone to sun damage - but apparently this is not the case. Also, your observation about the oil and LED causing freckles is an interesting one. It would seem to back up my theory that oil accentuates the effect of the light - but not in a beneficial way! However, the LED wavelengths are not supposed to cause sun damage - they contain no UV rays. Surely, it would only be UV rays that would cause freckles. hmm

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |