Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Resurfacing Booster (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:
It will also be interesting to see how QVC demonstrate how to use the Lightstim.
I won't be able to view the US QVC and there's no equivalent for QVC UK so would be good if anyone watches it to report back on any interesting angles on usage (for newbies like myself).

Miranda,
I live in the US and often the QVC in the UK sells products that I can't get in the US. I go to the UK QVC website and watch the video clip about the product....it is a video that was taped when the product was aired. I did this about the Tua Viso before Nanci started carrying it here in the US. My guess is you could do the same from the US QVC site.

Thanks Toby, that's a great idea.
SusieQueue

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, got my Lightstim today! Can't wait to try it tonight - will post soon with progress.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQueue,
Make sure you take lots of before pics....it is so helpful to have something to compare your progress to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
bellableu wrote:

Miranda - I found this http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5500009/description.html, which seems like it would apply to cold sores by extension.

Quote:
An experimental study was carried out to evaluate the therapeutic effect of non-coherent, low level, narrow band LED Light Therapy (hereinafter LLT) at a wavelength of approximately 660 nm on the course of herpetic skin disease. The LLT treatment was compared to other topical and/or systemic treatments used on previous herpetic attacks in the same patient.

Eighteen patients suffering from recurrent herpetic infections, either labial or progenitalia, for at least one year, were selected for the study. The age of the patients ranged from 8 to 60 (mean age 29.1) and frequency of reoccurrance ranged from twice a year to 12 times a year (mean 5.1). The patients were in good physical condition and no medication other than birth control pills was allowed to be taken during the study. Patients were asked to appear for entry in the study as soon as possible after the onset of the herpetic skin lesion or even in the prelesion stage, when only the sensation of itching was present in the area.

A hand held emitter of LLT 660 nm radiation was provided to patients for home use, 3 times daily for ten minutes each time. Time to loss of crust and patients' judgement of healing were criteria used to evaluate efficacy as compared with topical and/or systemic treatments used in previous attacks.

The average duration of a single attack using the LLT treatment was 3.13 days (SD=1.29) as compared with 10.68 days (SD=3.47) as reported by patients when topical treatment was used in previous attacks. This difference was examined by 1-way repeated measures (ANOVA) and proved to be statistically significant.

Patients who began the treatment in the prelesions stage (4 patients) reported a significant alteration of the course of the disease. A blister never developed. Burning, itching and pain in the area was limited to the first 24 hours, if at all. The remaining 14 patients who began treatment in the vesicle stage reported significantly less pain and no secretion or ulceration as they had experienced in previous attacks.

When asked their subjective impression, 64.3% defined LLT treatment as excellent; 14.3% defined it as very good; and 21.4% defined it as good. None of the patients defined the LLT treatment as worse or fair. No side effects were reported.

Thus, LED 660 nm light therapy treatment has been proven to alter the course of herpetic skin lesion, to be more effective than conventional topical antiviral treatments, and to be more acceptable as an antiviral treatment by the patient.

Quote:
Thanks Bellableu - I guess this would apply to lesions round the mouth. I'll experiment with my husband; he's at the itching stage so we'll see if it doesn't come out.

Many thanks for digging that up.

Just to update on the coldsore situation:
DH had the tingling (or burning as he describes it) for 4 days before I applied the Lightstim. Usually if it tingles for 4 days, he believes he's almost certain to have a breakout. He only applied the lightstim three times for 10 minutes (I told him to hold it ever so slightly away from his skin instead of pressing it in). During the treatments, he said the heat felt nice and was a relief. After the first treatment, the tingling remained albeit slightly less. More so for the second treatment. The third resulted in complete elimination of the tingling.
We haven't used the lightstim since as I'd like to see if these three treatments have 'cured' the attack or were possibly just suppressing it. We will be away for 10 days and I'll let you all know on return if the dreaded coldsore made an appearance or not.
UltimaRatio

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
UltimaRatio,wave
Welcome to EDS, I see this is your first post. I just wanted to mention to you that this information is not by me it is from the Lightstim company owner Steve Marchese. I wouldn't have the background to do more more than post this information. I am sure Steve would be glad to discuss this information with you.

Thanks. I know it wasn't from you and I'm sorry that I didn't express it more excplicitly. That was my third post though, dont know why I have only 1 post in records. Be that as it may, I find that Steve's comment very weird.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
UltimaRatio - I'm very interested in what you have to say, but unfortunately, I'm technically dyslexic! Could you explain your point in layman's terms please.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
ok, took my pictures today (ugh, hate photos sans makeup), and did 1st LightStim anti-aging treatment. Fingers crossed!

BTW- anyone know if LED Light Therapy works on spider angiomas (broken blood vessels)?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been getting emails from members on the forum that are interested in getting the new Lightstim at the QVC at the new price(269.00) but they don't live in the USA. I emailed Steve at Lightstim and he said if those members would call him at LightStim, he will set it up for them to be able to purchase the new LightStim for Wrinkles from QVC, but through LightStim, and receive free shipping! Of course each person will be responsible for any customs or duties that their country may charge. This must be done prior to October 29th though. The lightstim website will not have this new Light available to purchase until January 1st as QVC has the exclusive on it. Very Happy
Contact Steve at:
Toll Free (800) 298-4010Local/International (714)
884-3337http://www.LightStim.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Okay gang it is picture time!!!!I have wanted to get a chance to take some pictures of the "New Lightstim" and this Sat. proved the time to do so!!! It is so hot!!! Dancing First the packaging...check out all the information on the box. Last but not least, the new handle is really a trimline approach....Love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

I tried finding the Lightstim on QVC website. No luck...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey xandria wave ,
You won't find it there right now because it won't make it's debut until Friday. I used to be an avid QVC watcher and what I discovered is when a product is going to be introduced it isn't until the day of the presentation that anything is even on their website about it. Once it is a regular product you and find it there all the time. So wait till Friday for some information.....but in the meantime Lightstim will be on "The Doctors" on Wednesday!!!! Steve will be presenting...I am really excited about this. Remember if you are outside the USA and want to get the Lighstim call Steve. Also if anyone wants to sell their old Lighstim so they can have the new updated model I can give you some email addresses of people wanting one. Please send me a pm. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Toby,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I will be sure to record the doctor's show on Wednesday and check back on QVC on Friday. I have to say I have a dilemma deciding on the Baby Q or Lightstim. I'm trying to go through most of the posts, but what I'm finding is that most everyone post are regarding Lightstim not many reviews on Baby Q.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I certainly understand your delimia...I bought 2,000 dollars worth of LED light before I finally tried the Lightstim....and even then it was because I bought it for my mother. I thought well before mom gets it I will give it a whirl..... Laughing poor mom she got the short end of the stick!!! Laughing But in all fairness mom is not going to stick with any beauty treatment more than once and I am now the proud owner of two Lightstims and the new Lightstim on loan from Steve to review.
I haven't really focused much on the baby Q but there are some Lightstim owners that had a baby q before they got a Lightstim and maybe they can share some information with you.Part of the fun in buying a device is doing your research. I will find some pictures I posted of results last year and then tomorrow I plan to take some pictures of my under eye area and show some major improvement I have had recently using the new Lightstim(same lights as the old, just new handle) with a serum Steve will be carrying on his website. It won't be on QVC....just the light is there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I had a hard time finding my photos....but here goes.
First is after one year of facial exercises in 2008
2008 after the Stop device and then the Safetox
Last is around Jan. 20010 with several months of Lightstim use
Sorry about the lighting not being as good on the last one...usually more light makes skin look better. Trust me the skin looks so much better, creamier, and smoother.
The Safetox is great to relax the forehead wrinkles but my forehead wrinkles have been there since childhood and I think the Lightstim has plumped the skin up and thickened the area plus helped smooth out the wrinkles. I do find to keep things looking good I have to keep a good maintenance up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am not a QVC person so can someone tell me what time the show airs with the AALS?

5% products discount

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I had a hard time finding my photos....but here goes.

WOW! Those are DRAMATIC.

I so wish I had money for the LightStim (or anything, really! LOL). This is totally on my To Buy list for when I'm back on my feet. Smile

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
bellableu
5% products discount

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

Just to update on the coldsore situation:
DH had the tingling (or burning as he describes it) for 4 days before I applied the Lightstim. Usually if it tingles for 4 days, he believes he's almost certain to have a breakout. He only applied the lightstim three times for 10 minutes (I told him to hold it ever so slightly away from his skin instead of pressing it in). During the treatments, he said the heat felt nice and was a relief. After the first treatment, the tingling remained albeit slightly less. More so for the second treatment. The third resulted in complete elimination of the tingling.
We haven't used the lightstim since as I'd like to see if these three treatments have 'cured' the attack or were possibly just suppressing it. We will be away for 10 days and I'll let you all know on return if the dreaded coldsore made an appearance or not.

Miranda, that is GREAT! If it stopped the coldsore, that is simply wonderful news.

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
There is a QVC show on Friday(show is called Friday night beauty, 10:00-11:00 EST on Friday Oct. 29th. Also, there will be a session on Wed. Oct. 27th on The Doctor's Show(not sure what time that show comes on). Usually there is a video clip of both QVC and the Doctor's that people can view on their websites....I will try to post that for our EDS members that are from other countries.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Toby,

could you, please, share which timer you are using? It sound like such a great idea.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I have two different digital timers...one from the dollar tree(cost a dollar Laughing)you have to keep resetting it every three min. The other I ordered off of ebay....more expensive but you can set it to go off every three minute without resetting it each time. I am home today and I will try to find the name of the second one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
TOby,

thank you so much.
That would be fantastic - I need the one that will automatically beep every 3 minutes, but the few attempt I made to locate one on amazon proved futile (probably did not use the correct terms to describe it).

Thanks again,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Sigma you are in luck thanks to mpstat. I misplaced mine when we had new flooring put in and thought I knew where is was....wrong....I am using my cheap model that I have to keep tapping at the end of three min. I emailed mpstat and she sent me the link, we both had ordered one. Here it is
http://www.invisibleclock.com/
Now realize it won't hurt you to go some over 3min..and many don't need a timer...doesn't have to be exact. But if you are like me....I have two lightstims and do my treatment before I go to sleep and do it while I am laying down. Without using a timer my 3 min. could end up in sleepy land!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Toby,

thank you so much.
I kind of stopped using my Lightstim (due to lack of time), and decided to restart. I actually think having the timer (and two units) should do the trick.

Thank you so much to both you and Mpstat!

All the best!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well I just purchased the new Lightstim at the QVC price of $269. I'm in Canada and had no problems getting in on this offer for anyone else outside of the US who might be interested. Free shipping and includes a bottle of collagen serum which he said is very nice.

Thanks so much Toby for sharing about this offer and your pictures, very impressive! It was the clincher for me! Thanks also to Kassy and everyone else who have shared on this thread. Very valuable information!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
For those who would rather not have another gadget sitting around: http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum (7 g / 0.25 oz) IS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion (50 g / 1.7 oz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |