Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly I am skeptical as far as how much it really absorbs because it stays a bit gritty, but it seems to work great for me consistently. I would really like to add a bit of niacin as well to my pre-Lightstim treatment, I've been reading a lot about it lately.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ava With Wings,... Funny as it may sound, nothing to do with MSM or AALS apparently, I've increased my consumption of Niacin in the last three months -redness and itchiness in my skin afterwards for about ten/twenty minutes... then fine! The Niacin increases the blood flow, etc... Blood with it's important nutrients reaches nearly everywhere...
Trying to work out how the combination of Niacin with other actives could be applied to the skin... sounds interesting actually!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just a FYI regarding MSM topically..

"Natures Way Pure Opti-MSM" is perfect for incorporating into your creams + serums.. (No fillers or exipients, and dissolves instantly in a tiny bit of distilled water.)

I've also used supplemental (pure) niacin @ 250mg to my serum/cream and do find it increases micro circulation.. (lovely pink glow for a few minutes after application is good proof of that!)

No miracles mind you, but no complaints either...Holding my own quite well at the tender age of 61.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
marys235
5% products discount

Fri May 20, 2011 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking for a good pretreatment serum to use with my lightstim, and after reading this thread, thought I would try to mix up Kassy's recipe, but then saw reference to an MSM serum mixed with green tea that also works well. Has anyone added MSM to Kassy's serum? Wondered if that would work well together.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I buy MSM from purebulks and it completely dissolves without any grittiness.
Suellen

Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello!
I want to say thank you to Kassyfor all her contribution to the forum and selfless sharing.And thank you to all who shared as well.
I have my Lightstim for a week so I did a total of 7 treatments so far and already see a subtle changes!
I have read all 100+pages of this tread but still have a questions if I may....
- my chest is sun damaged, with redness and "chicken skin". Does anybody do more than 3 minutes of treatment for areas that needs improvement the most?
- since face is not completely flat some areas (like around the nose)just receive "shining light" but the diodes are not touching the skin...I hope I make myself clear....basically my question is - does the skin still benefit even if the diodes are not touching it? How do you guys work the light around the nose?
Hope some of you experienced lightstimers can help...
TIA
Sue
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I have just got my LightStim, about a week ago.

I got both Blue Light for acne control and AA Red light.

The instructions say to use the light everyday, but ONCE a day. Any tips how to make the best use of both lights?
Can I use them one in the evening, one in the morning?
Or one after another on the same day?

I am confused about suitable schedule. They cost a lot, and I want to make sure I use them correctly, if I don't use Blue enough or Red everyday, it will be another waist of money...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Suellen wrote:
Hello!
I want to say thank you to Kassyfor all her contribution to the forum and selfless sharing.And thank you to all who shared as well.
I have my Lightstim for a week so I did a total of 7 treatments so far and already see a subtle changes!
I have read all 100+pages of this tread but still have a questions if I may....
- my chest is sun damaged, with redness and "chicken skin". Does anybody do more than 3 minutes of treatment for areas that needs improvement the most?
- since face is not completely flat some areas (like around the nose)just receive "shining light" but the diodes are not touching the skin...I hope I make myself clear....basically my question is - does the skin still benefit even if the diodes are not touching it? How do you guys work the light around the nose?
Hope some of you experienced lightstimers can help...
TIA
Sue

It's my pleasure, and thanks.. Very Happy

Argh, the dreaded chicken skin. My chest and neck were covered with the miserable stuff, which I believe was the result of my extensive tanning until I was in my late 30's..

I'm happy to say that it responded wonderfully to LED treatment.. BUT, when I began the treatment (almost 4 years ago), it was with the Original/Therapy Lightstim which is just red/infrared diodes.. I used that for 5 months before the Anti-Aging device came out (red/infrared/amber.)

I posted pictures way back then which clearly showed significant changes to the color + texture of my skin.. The LED treatments took all the redness away, and really smoothed the texture of my skin considerably.

Whether or not I would have had the same result with the AALS, I can't say with certainty.

For your 2nd question I'd just offer that your nose will probably get enough 'light', just by treating the surrounding areas. You can also just close your eyes, and lay the light against each side of your nose for a couple of minutes.. (Personally I don't bother with mine.)

I saw improvement from day 1..

I never used my device more than 4 or 5 times a week, and that was only during the first 6 to 8(ish) weeks.. I totally disagree with Lightstim's suggestion to use the LED daily, and have shared my reasons throughout this thread.. (Folks of course are welcome to do as they see fit.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 11:20 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
I have just got my LightStim, about a week ago.

I got both Blue Light for acne control and AA Red light.

The instructions say to use the light everyday, but ONCE a day. Any tips how to make the best use of both lights?
Can I use them one in the evening, one in the morning?
Or one after another on the same day?

I am confused about suitable schedule. They cost a lot, and I want to make sure I use them correctly, if I don't use Blue enough or Red everyday, it will be another waist of money...

I don't have or use the 'acne' light, but I'll tell you what I know in general about it.

* Only use it on areas with active acne
* Treat each area for 5 full minutes without moving the device. (This is how long it takes to kill the bacteria that cause acne.
* Treat on a clean face, with nothing applied to your skin, with the 'acne' LED..(very important!)

I don't think it's a good idea to use both lights on the same day... If it were ME; I would just use the acne light aggressively on it's own 4 or 5 times the 1st week or so, and once the acne was calmed down, I'd go ahead with the anti aging LED on an every other day basis, (or 4 times per week for 6 weeks) and just use the acne light as needed.

IMHO overuse of LED's is counterproductive... (Do a little research on the synthesis of collagen, which has precise stages for optimal *healthy* collagen growth.)

Good luck, have fun and look forward to the cumulative benefits long term.

packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

IMHO overuse of LED's is counterproductive... (Do a little research on the synthesis of collagen, which has precise stages for optimal *healthy* collagen growth.)

Hi Kassy, How many times a week do you suggest using the LightStim? Do you think three times a week is too much? Did you get your new Aurora light yet? I am looking forward to hearing your reviews.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Pack.. No, I didn't get the Sirius LED yet, and I'm anxiously waiting. I ordered it last Sunday, it was processed on Tuesday, but it didn't get here yet. Also no tracking info, so I have no idea where the heck it is..

As for your question about "how many times a week I suggest to use an LED", I really believe that 2 times a week (for maintenance) is pretty perfect, at least for me it is.

I think though, that because we are all so different, and each person has individual needs and responses, that some tweaking and experimenting (individually) is never a bad idea.

In any case, leaving at least one free day between treatments, should yield the best results, (if collagen synthesis is your goal.)

LED's are a long term commitment for sure, but they are worth every bloody hour of devotion IMHO.. I can swear to God on a stack of bibles, that my skin looks better now than it did 5 years ago.

With commitment to treatments, and a beneficial skincare regime, you can slow the aging process to a crawl... (Now if I could only throw away the cigs (after 45 years), I'm quite sure I'd have the skin of a 10 year old..Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Hey Pack.. No, I didn't get the Sirius LED yet, and I'm anxiously waiting. I ordered it last Sunday, it was processed on Tuesday, but it didn't get here yet. Also no tracking info, so I have no idea where the heck it is..

Received it this past Tuesday, so it took 9 days in total from the time I placed my order, until I received it. (Free shipping, so no complaints.)

I used it twice so far... When I have the time I'll do a review thread for the LED.. I'm still in the *getting to know it* phase, so prefer to work with it a while before commenting..

ETA: It's funny to comment on ones own comment.. Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

dgoh

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard good things of using green tea as a pre LED treatment. However, most people use the green tea before using the red/infrared treatment. As I am trying to treat acne as well using a 415nm blue light, followed by a dual red/infrared array, does the green tea serum increase the effectiveness of the blue led's just as well as the red led's?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
dgoh wrote:
I have heard good things of using green tea as a pre LED treatment. However, most people use the green tea before using the red/infrared treatment. As I am trying to treat acne as well using a 415nm blue light, followed by a dual red/infrared array, does the green tea serum increase the effectiveness of the blue led's just as well as the red led's?

Acne lights (LED's) must be used on a clean, bare skin...Only apply your topical treatments AFTER you've done your treatment..

WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
My poor Lightstim is broken, something with the power cord, so I emailed them and will probably have to get it fixed. In the meantime, I miss my light. Smile

Kassy, the Sirius LED looks cool!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I don't think you will stray too far from your trusty LightStims. But, I can't wait to hear what you think about the Sirius. I too, am wondering if the pulsating light has a different effect on the skin.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:09 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
My poor Lightstim is broken, something with the power cord, so I emailed them and will probably have to get it fixed. In the meantime, I miss my light. Smile

Kassy, the Sirius LED looks cool!

You might just need a new cord - that's what happened to me. Steve also advised me to use the device with an extension cord so that there's no pull on the device power cord.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:12 am      Reply with quote
has anyone here had positive results from the Blue Light (acne treatment)?

How much time did it take to see any result?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, maybe, but it seems loose where it plugs into the actual unit itself and it's ironic because I had the same thing happen to a laptop recently (but that needed repair). I hope it's just the cord. ::fingers crossed::

Thanks for the tip about using an extension cord. Will do from now on.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Same thing happened to me as Keliu.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Same thing happened to me as Keliu.

I think this has happened to allot of people because when I emailed Steve about the device not working he new exactly what the problem was and immediately sent me a new cord and advised me to use the device with an extension cord. Apparently, if there's too much tension on the device cord it can cause it to malfunction. Seems like a glitch they should fix to me. But since I've been using an extension cord I haven't had a problem - so I would advise everyone to use one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am still wondering if anyone used Blue Light for acne and had any success with it...

Or if this thread is for AALS, maybe I should start a new thread for the Blue Light and see if there are any users out there...
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:08 am      Reply with quote
thought I would update after about 2 1/2 to 3 months of use.

I have the therapy light(I have some pain issues)
and used it every day for the first month ( sorry Kassy) I can be impatient and impulsive Laughing
I now use it every other day

Over the last few days I have noticed some changes.
My cheeks seem fuller, the skin seems different,
clearer somehow and my forehead especially in the morning is almost free of lines (Ihave 11 and horizontal lines)
I also have started using Kassys DIY vit C recipies so probably its a combo of the two.

But something is definitely working and I am one happy bunny Laughing Hth for anyone considering using this, do it it does work but its slow and steady not a quick fix Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been using my AALS every day for a year now I miss a day every now and then but not many. I am new to this site and do not want to read back 100 pages so I am not sure why it is suggested not to use it everyday but was told by customer service that you should use everyday until you are happy with the results and then you can back off but that it certainly would not hurt to use it everyday if you wanted to.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm back in business again, Kassy you were right all I needed was a new cord! Smile Will definitely use an extension cord too now as to not strain the cord like I have been. Smile

Yup, I love my light, hehe.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |