Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
ok Thanks! then so far i'm doing it correctly!

I will look at past posts for a pretreatment serum without vic c

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
SO happy I found this forum Smile I just ordered the Lightstim for wrinkles, it shipped yesterday, and I am to have it by the 30th. Can't wait! I was thinking of ordering the one for Rosecea, but I am not sure that is what I have...these three little bumps, one on my nose, and two next to my nose, like acne, but not red, skin coloured. I hate them because the one on my nose especially is irritating, even tho small. Anyway, can't wait to try out the light on my eyes and other areas! Smile
BarbaraJoy

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
Kathy, thank you for posting your picture. You look gorgeous! And if I can look as good as you do, I would be so happy. You give me alot of hope that we can look youthful and have a natural beauty as we age.

Hi everyone! Can you guys pLEASe repost your beautiful photos, I can't view any of the past pics? Smile thank you
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Eor anyone wondering I received an email yesterday confirming shipping on the GMA special.

Your package will be shipped within 24 hours via U.S. Postal Service Priority

International orders are also being shipped.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got the GMA special a few days ago and have been using it about an hour a night while watching tv. Easy to do! I am using a rosemary mist I had on hand...rosemary is traditionally used to firm skin and improve circulation.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I am still waiting on mine ever so patiently. Embarassed
I may just make a spritz with some EO's and other water soluble actives that are not photosensitive to use with it, when it FINALLY arrives. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I may just make a spritz with some EO's and other water soluble actives that are not photosensitive to use with it, when it FINALLY arrives. Very Happy

Just a suggestion to you and other LED virgins... Laughing

Please, please, please use it on a clean, exfoliated BARE face the first time...

Do the BARE face, 3 minutes on each spot and I promise you will "feel" a smoother, softer skin from day one. After that if you use something that occludes the light, you will know it, because you won't feel/see additional positive results that improve with each and every treatment.

It's the only way you will no with the utmost certainty that using pre treatment products with occlusive ingredients will just be a waste of time...

When you want to move on to great products that might be occlusive, I'll reiterate (again) how to do that (effectively), prior to your treatment.

Can't wait for you to give it a whirl! Pay particular attention to your neck and chest.. (for me it was the WOW factor from day 1.) Feel, feel, feel, prior to your treatment.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Just a suggestion to you and other LED virgins... Laughing

Please, please, please use it on a clean, exfoliated BARE face the first time...

Do the BARE face, 3 minutes on each spot and I promise you will "feel" a smoother, softer skin from day one. After that if you use something that occludes the light, you will know it, because you won't feel/see additional positive results that improve with each and every treatment.

It's the only way you will no with the utmost certainty that using pre treatment products with occlusive ingredients will just be a waste of time...

When you want to move on to great products that might be occlusive, I'll reiterate (again) how to do that (effectively), prior to your treatment.

Can't wait for you to give it a whirl! Pay particular attention to your neck and chest.. (for me it was the WOW factor from day 1.) Feel, feel, feel, prior to your treatment.. Very Happy

I promise to be a good girl and use it naked at first! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

YES, you'll love using it naked... Just don't forget to leave your face naked as well.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can't wait for you to give it a try. I'm rooting for ya to have lovely results... Ask away if there's anything I can help you with.. (I've tried it all at the almost 5 year mark.. Very Happy )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

YES, you'll love using it naked... Just don't forget to leave your face naked as well.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can't wait for you to give it a try. I'm rooting for ya to have lovely results... Ask away if there's anything I can help you with.. (I've tried it all at the almost 5 year mark.. Very Happy )

Thanks Kassy,

I will be sure I am totally naked! Laughing I will be sure to report in once I have it in my little hands and ask whatever I may need to! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm an led noob, and felt the difference from the first day. Skin feels like a rose petal.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
7Destiny wrote:
I'm an led noob, and felt the difference from the first day. Skin feels like a rose petal.

Jealous here, I sat on the fence FOREVER about purchasing, but when I saw the incredible deal on GMA I couldn't resist. Now I can't wait for mine to arrive! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:14 am      Reply with quote
I don't know why, but I have a sudden urge to use my LightStim naked. Wink Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:32 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I don't know why, but I have a sudden urge to use my LightStim naked. Wink Smile

Maybe I will start a new trend? Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 am      Reply with quote
It is so exciting! I havt used it twice so far... what I feel for a few hours after treatment is a slight tingling sensation. I know it must be doing something.

Still trying to get a feel for coverage areas/overlap.

First time, bare skin - freshly exfoliated.
Second time, CP serum. I think for now I will alternate between naked skin (or nekid as we say in the south) and CP serum only. I think as I feel more comfortable I will try maybe a matriyl serum??

I am super worried about dehydration. In addition to the AALS, I do hot yoga about 4-5 times per week and you are sweating like crazy. Looks like I need to drink about a gallon of water a day to keep up.

Yeah!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else get the tingle feeling? I did a treatment about an hour ago and my face feels itchy - not in a bad way. And slightly sore. Doesn't feel bad, but the feeling makes me want to rub/massage my neck. That kind of thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Does anyone else get the tingle feeling? I did a treatment about an hour ago and my face feels itchy - not in a bad way. And slightly sore. Doesn't feel bad, but the feeling makes me want to rub/massage my neck. That kind of thing.

Mine still has not arrived, but speculation...could it be the lymphatic drainage everyone speaks about?

BTW Welcome to the Naked Club! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hadn;t thought about that. I am really concentrating on my neck and jawline...
Just feels really sore, like a muscle strain. Weird.

Yes... loving the Nekid club, I hope you get yours today and can start up tonight!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:49 am      Reply with quote

Yes... loving the Nekid club, I hope you get yours today and can start up tonight!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

I am anxiously waiting for the mail lady to arrive my mail tends to show up late afternoon! Wink

Hopefully a seasoned user can answer about the soreness in your neck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

hmm I was wondering if it could be something simple like; this bloody thing takes so long, I wonder if I'm tensing up to get a good position, which in turn is making my muscles sore?

If that's not the case I'd definitely want to investigate further.

DM suggested the "lymphatic drainage" which is a great thought, but as someone who experiences it regularly (with my treatments) I must say there isn't anything uncomfortable about it. For me it's just an awareness that a small amount of fluid is traveling down my lymph passage. If anybody has ever had a post nasal drip, this would be similar (but in the neck rather than down the throat.

Hopefully others will chime in for ya too...

ETA: I'm happy to see you are sticking to "bare" face or "CP's" only (pre treatment) for now.. Good girl! Save the luxurious stuff to feed your skin AFTER the treatment.. Very Happy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
For DIY folks, either of these actives are a good addition to either your pre or post treatment serums! Add at 10%.. They are water soluble/dispersible.

http://cellbone.com/Pentapeptide_Solution.htm

For those who deal with hyperpigmentation issues, adding Kojic Acid at 1 to 2% is also a good active for ya. Also water soluble!

http://cellbone.com/Kojicacidpowder.htm

Cellbone has wonderful goodies for DIY'ers.. My only beef with them is their retail C Serums.. They all contain Idebenone & Menthol which are simply there for BAD reasons and not beneficial to the serum..

Idebenone - Is an intensely yellow active which gives you an intensely yellow serum from the get go. I believe it is in there as a preemptive strike for those who know what the apparent signs of oxidation are.

Menthol - The slight tingle menthol provides is simply a subliminal message to the user that "it must be working".

Anyway, that's my opinion on it. Other than this I do love many of their products.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I figured the lymphatic drainage was a shot in the dark, but people can perceive things/feelings differently?

Mine just arrived, and my poor mail lady was sweating bullets complaining about the awful high temperatures today!

I will get to play with it tonight.....bare faced as promised! Laughing naked totally naked LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I figured the lymphatic drainage was a shot in the dark, but people can perceive things/feelings differently?

Mine just arrived, and my poor mail lady was sweating bullets complaining about the awful high temperatures today!

I will get to play with it tonight.....bare faced as promised! Laughing naked totally naked LOL

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin You little devil you.. LOL!

It is bloody hot here today... But we've only just begun with the heat and humidity.. What a gorgeous winter though... Cool

I'm so excited for you to try it. I hope you get the WOW *feel* straight away.. Very Happy

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah DM - have fun, let us know.

Yes, the sore neck is strange. Not painful, but I just find myself needing to massage it. Maybe I am just stressed today... Smile who knows. Will keep it up.

Thanks for all the help!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |