Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Bira wrote:
prettyarmor wrote:
Good through 5/10...

Brick wall I missed the sale! Lesson learned from a major procrastinator. I'm going to have to wait for the next sale now. Maybe father's day? Confused

If you really want to get it, why don't you shoot an email to Steve through customer service.. He might still honor it, since it's only one day late..

EDS members always get 10% discounts anyhoo..Just don't forget to confirm it.

Hi Kass, how do I email steve directly? Last time I used their generic email address, Danielle responded.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Bira wrote:
prettyarmor wrote:
Good through 5/10...

Brick wall I missed the sale! Lesson learned from a major procrastinator. I'm going to have to wait for the next sale now. Maybe father's day? Confused

If you really want to get it, why don't you shoot an email to Steve through customer service.. He might still honor it, since it's only one day late..

EDS members always get 10% discounts anyhoo..Just don't forget to confirm it.

Hi Kass, how do I email steve directly? Last time I used their generic email address, Danielle responded.

Just use the one on the website, and put "For Steve" in the subject line..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. I've used my AALS 3 times now and am loving it! I swear I can "see" a slight difference in my chest's texture. Very Happy I know I'm not supposed to be seeing anything with my eyes yet but I'm sure I can.
I have a question Kassy. I put your C,E and Ferulic serum on about 2 hours after my treatment today, as I know I can't put it on beforehand. I felt a little bit of stinging which I don't normally get with your serum. It doesn't bother me but I want to make sure that it's OK.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Took the plunge, bought one, thanks to Kassy!

Will AALS help with acne as well? Or is it strictly for skin firming and spot reducing? Will it help heal recent or old scars from surgery?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Hi all. I've used my AALS 3 times now and am loving it! I swear I can "see" a slight difference in my chest's texture. Very Happy I know I'm not supposed to be seeing anything with my eyes yet but I'm sure I can.
I have a question Kassy. I put your C,E and Ferulic serum on about 2 hours after my treatment today, as I know I can't put it on beforehand. I felt a little bit of stinging which I don't normally get with your serum. It doesn't bother me but I want to make sure that it's OK.

Told ya so... Very Happy Just wait till you have used it for a month.

Once you get adjusted to C serum in general, you shouldn't have any irritation.. You can add an extra teaspoon of distilled water to your serum in the mean time though, which will reduce the concentration to about 10 ish %.

I actually apply my C serum an hour before my LED treatments once in a while, and it doesn't bother me.. But everyone is different, so just pay attention to what your skin is telling you, and go accordingly.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:

Will AALS help with acne as well? Or is it strictly for skin firming and spot reducing? Will it help heal recent or old scars from surgery?

For serious acne issues, the "Acne" LED is a better choice. The AALS deals with all the anti-aging problems we encounter; (sagging, skin texture, fine lines, broken caps + hyperpigmentation.) It doesn't completely reverse all of this, but over the long haul you can reasonably expect about a 75% improvement. (That is my experience anyway..)

My scar experience is this; I used it immediately and often on a 2nd degree burn I suffered while cooking. It healed brilliantly, and the result is a barely noticable skin discoloration..(If I didn't know exactly where it was, I would not readily see it!) My skin texture was left perfect, with no scarring texture. I also tried it on 6 surgical scars (that were 3 years post op)on the knee area, but other than lightening up the redness, it did nothing on the scar texture.

Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Bira wrote:

For serious acne issues, the "Acne" LED is a better choice. The AALS deals with all the anti-aging problems we encounter; (sagging, skin texture, fine lines, broken caps + hyperpigmentation.) It doesn't completely reverse all of this, but over the long haul you can reasonably expect about a 75% improvement. (That is my experience anyway..)

My scar experience is this; I used it immediately and often on a 2nd degree burn I suffered while cooking. It healed brilliantly, and the result is a barely noticable skin discoloration..(If I didn't know exactly where it was, I would not readily see it!) My skin texture was left perfect, with no scarring texture. I also tried it on 6 surgical scars (that were 3 years post op)on the knee area, but other than lightening up the redness, it did nothing on the scar texture.

Thanks Kass. Sounds like the AALS is a very handy tool to have for beauty purposes. Very Happy I don't have much acne issue but my boyfriend got acne from work stress. I was going to get him the acne light but was not sure if he'd use it. Last time I bought him a light for SAD, he profusely thanked me and never touched it. So I thought if the AALS might work on acne, too, I could try to get him to try it, and it looks like he might use it, then I'd get him the acne light one. So if there's even a small chance that the AALS might do something for his acne, then I'd let him try it. Very Happy

Thanks again Kass.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion the men that would be committed enough to take the time needed for acne treatment are few and far between..They just are not as committed as we are.

I would not advise you to share your light with him because it does not have the wavelength required to *kill* the bacteria that causes acne.. The AALS could *help* a mild case, but is not designed for serious acne... Besides that, you wouldn't want to contaminate your device.

If you do let him give it a try, be sure to disinfect with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol.

Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
In my opinion the men that would be committed enough to take the time needed for acne treatment are few and far between..They just are not as committed as we are.

I would not advise you to share your light with him because it does not have the wavelength required to *kill* the bacteria that causes acne.. The AALS could *help* a mild case, but is not designed for serious acne... Besides that, you wouldn't want to contaminate your device.

If you do let him give it a try, be sure to disinfect with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol.

I think you're right. I really can't see him putting the light on his face for any amount of time. He would rather use clearasil or something quick and topical. I used to try to get him to cleanse his face and use AHA/BHA. It did not work. But he read something from Men's Health magazine that recommends Zihr cleanser for acne, and he bought it and started cleansing his face with it. So he'll probably have to fight his own acne problem. He'll probably listen to a derm or the magazine more.
lilac56

Fri May 15, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased my AALS a couple days ago and I'm way excited for it to get here. It left Anaheim on the 14th, so I should have it in my hot little Colorado hands soon!

Kassy I can't remember if you said anything about using it on lightly tanned skin. I want to use it on my arms and they are lightly tanned. I will read the 26 pages of this thread again, but not today. TIA
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not positive, but I think the darker the skin is, the harder it is for the light to penetrate..

Maybe some others can chime in though, because I'm not positive.. Confused

lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I received the AALS today and I am somewhat dissapointed with the quality of it for 300+ dollars.

I know that some of the other high priced models have a piece of clear plastic over the bulbs so the bulbs are protected and so they are not directly contacting the skin. The AALS has no type of clear shield over the bulbs so they can easily get broke or get any type of skin products on them if using products on the skin while using the AALS. If anything seeps onto the bulbs then it can easily get into the unit and potentialy cause problems.

I have already tried it once today and noticed that even though I am not holding it hard against my skin if there is a boney part like my chin or my high cheekbone it leaves depressed imprints of the bulbs which take a while to go away.

I also noticed that the plastic it is made out of seems very cheap and flimsy for that amount of money.

After purchasing it I think there might be better options for overall quality of units for the 300+ dollars.

LC
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy my skin feels like touching silk!!! I can't stop touching it.
I must've had some light pigmentation amongst all that redness as it's come up darker, as has the redness. I shall plod along and hopefully it'll resolve and fade away.

Lisa I'm really happy with the plastic they've used as it's as light as a feather to hold up. I think that was the idea when they made them.
I think I remember reading somewhere that they didn't put a cover over the bulbs on purpose as they believe it works better with the globes touching the skin??? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Use some alcohol to clean the globes if they've got cream on them.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am also very happy that the AALS is lightweight and easy to hold. I considered it a plus when it arrived.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I received my AALS last night and already started to use it.

I also don't think the plastic looks cheap. I have not bought any other LED lights to be able to compare AALS to other brands, but just from looking at the unit I have, it seems to be just fine. It came in a handy bag to store it. I like that.

It does leave imprints on my face and body wherever I use it.

How long per area does everyone leave AALS on? I have been leaving it directly on skin for 3 minutes. Sometimes I even have it on for 4-5 minutes if I forgot to move it. Is there such a thing as too much LED?

I have an old surgery scar at the outer corner of my left eye. I noticed that after using lightstim on that area 3 times now (I used it twice today and once last night), the scar has darkened noticeably. Should I not put the light on this scar? I thought AALS is supposed to lighten skin.

I tried putting it directly on my left boob that has a slight sag. I'm not sure if this is wishful thinking on my part, but the sag appears to be slightly better. Probably wishful thinking. I can't imagine the AALS will tighten my skin that fast. Laughing
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Yay Bira you and I can compare results. I've only used mine 5 times so far. I also use it for 3 minutes per area as the web site says to use for 2 to 3 minutes. I thought at this early stage 3 would be better. I bought a digital timer yesterday for timing and that makes it so much easier. I'm doing my face, neck, chest and hands and do 27 spots so it takes me 51 minutes to do.

I've just realised I've got abit of a rash happening on my chest, and I've come to the conclusion that I've been rubbing way too hard with the microfiber cloth. Do you only need to go lightly with it?

Bira I have a few light spots on my chest that I couldn't really notice amongst the redness there that I can see now. I'm sure I've read that this can happen to some people. Maybe the same thing with scars. Question
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Yay Bira you and I can compare results. I've only used mine 5 times so far. I also use it for 3 minutes per area as the web site says to use for 2 to 3 minutes. I thought at this early stage 3 would be better. I bought a digital timer yesterday for timing and that makes it so much easier. I'm doing my face, neck, chest and hands and do 27 spots so it takes me 51 minutes to do.

I've just realised I've got abit of a rash happening on my chest, and I've come to the conclusion that I've been rubbing way too hard with the microfiber cloth. Do you only need to go lightly with it?

Bira I have a few light spots on my chest that I couldn't really notice amongst the redness there that I can see now. I'm sure I've read that this can happen to some people. Maybe the same thing with scars. Question

I just read your previous post that you also noticed some darkening of skin color. I did, too. In addition to the scar at the outer corner of my eye, the spots on my cheeks appear a bit darker. I'm hoping that this is a temporary issue, but I emailed lightstim to get their feedback also. I will share their response with you when I receive it.

I don't really use microfiber cloth but I'd imagine that you should not rub so hard on the chest area especially if you have sensitive skin.

I don't really use a timer, so my 3 minutes sometimes become 4 or 5, and so my total session last night was 1.5 hour. This morning, I used it for 1/2 hour on limited areas like cheeks, chest, and knees (hoping it will help with knee ache). Tonight I used it for over an hour. I kinda dozed off with it while watching tv.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Good idea about emailing Steve. Yes please let us know what he says. Thanks.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

Woops! More like 81 minutes.

Fog brain here.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you guys are burnin up the wires!... Laughing

I'll cover all the concerns, as best I can, here;

- Device ... Personally I love the lightness of the medical grade material because it's sturdy, and comfy to use for the entire hour that I treat.. As for a cap, no thanks! The closer the diodes are to the skin, the better it works. As for it leaving marks, it doesn't on me anymore, but back in the days when it did, they were gone within an hour. (Also keep in mind it's the fluids in your tissue, that is leaving the depressions.. Once that lymphatic drainage kicks in, and the fluid drains, you will not see that.) I do manual lymphatic drainage every couple of days, and that works wonders also!

- Cleaning ... If you use pre treatment serums, they should be applied 30 minutes prior, and fully absorbed before you use the LED.. As long as that is the case, nothing will get on the LED... For sanitary reasons, it is good to just swab the tips, with a Q-tip dampened with alcohol when you're finished, and your device is unplugged and off.

- Darkening Skin ... That never happened to me, so I'm not sure what could be the cause.. In my experience, my sun damaged neck and chest just got paler and paler. Perhaps the treatment is just bringing the damage to the surface, and continued treatments will rid you of it..(Kind of like how CP's work!) Also evaluate topicals used, to be sure that isn't interfering somehow. (And treat on just bare, cleansed skin, if you aren't absolutely certain, that your *treatment* serum isn't occlusive.)

- Treatment Times + Frequency ... In my humble opinion I believe that 3 minutes per spot, once per day, 5 days per week for 6 weeks will realize the best results. Thereafter, listen to your skin.. Less than stellar results, keep doing 5 times per week, great results, go to 3 or 4 times per week.

Now what I want to say is just my opinion, and goes against all you have probably heard that states "you can use it more than once a day if you want".... I don't agree, and here's why.. Just like exercising works a muscle, and that muscle than need a day of rest in between to grow and respond, I believe collagen building also should take a similar course.. I believe that too much stimulus in short periods of time to the fibroblast cells, could be counter-productive, and produce collagen digesting enzymes, and also not let the collagen and elastin flourish to it's full potential... Rather than overkill, I think it's best do a thorough and lengthy treatment, which will really energize those fibroblast cells, which will excite and stimulate the mitochondria, into producing the ATP that is necessary to increase the collagen and elastin.. (To summarize all this mumbo jumbo, use the LED 5 X per week for the first 6 weeks, with the ultimate goal being every other day.. Laughing

Sorry, I'm sure that was much more than you cared to know, but I feel that some of you think more is better, and will get me there quicker.. IT WON'T!

LED's are great, no doubt about it.. I also feel that the AALS is the best one for home use at this time. I just want to repeat though, what I have been saying throughout this thread, it's a slow cumulative process, that will give you amazing positive changes to your skin.. Yes, you will see and feel subtle improvements from the get-go. Yes, your skin will feel like silk in the 1st few treatments. Yes, it will *help* reduce fine lines, age spots, sun damage + alligator skin.. No, it will not make scars disappear, BUT, if you treat a 'new' minor burn quickly and often, it will not leave a scar!... And finally, Yes, by the 6th month of use you will notice the new collagen and elastin, by all of a sudden seeing that the hollows, folds, and fine lines have all filled in.. (You will miss this without the before pictures, for the simple reason you are going to look better and better everyday, so you'll be spoiled.. Take the pictures, I promise you will be glad.)

Okay, I'm sorry about the book.. I just really feel it's important to share what I have learned about this subject through not only extensive research, but by being a LS user these last 20 months.

On another note, for those who followed my neck and lower face issues with STOP, I am all back to normal now except for a small jowl/pouch on each side of my chin.. I'm happy to report that my neck looks outstanding (in fact tighter than it was 5 years ago)..

I give 25% of the improvement to the LED, and 75% credit goes to the small face Vaculifter, which I used every other day on my neck for about a month.

Cheer's Kiddie's.. Very Happy

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy. Thanks for the reminder on it all.

And I'm so glad to hear your damage is just about undone. Very Happy

I'm waiting on a vacuum cupping set to arrive in the mail. I was only going to use it on my lower half, but maybe I'll try it on my face, neck and chest also.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy for your words of wisdom. I'll scale back to once a day then. I was so anxious to see results. I guess this is a newbie syndrome. lol
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, last night I tried putting the recently received CSI Multipeptide Serum as a pre-AALS treatment. I read the ingredients and did not find any oil in it.

Would you mind take a look at the ingredients and confirm if this is not occlusive and ok to use with AALS? Surprised

http://www.vitacost.com/CSI-Multipeptide-Serum-Anti-Wrinkle-Treatment

Ingredients: Seaweed extract, purified water, hyaluronic acid, acetyl hexpeptide (argireline®), pentapeptide- 3, tripeptide, acetyl glutamyl heptapeptide-1, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3, phenoxyenthanol and ethylhexylglycerin.

Thanks in advance.
Totter
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
OK, This is my first post so I hope I clicked on the correct thing. I am ready to buy the AALS I am sold on the fact that it does something are you all wouldn't be still using it. I think I found the web-site. It is on sale for $329 is that correct. If that is the case I am ordering. Thanks
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy just wondering about the before serums.

Can I use your vit c,e and ferulic serum without the e oil as a pre serum?

Also when should I start using a serum? I've just done my 6th treatment.

Thanks heaps.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |