Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
tamizami: I just posted this reply on another thread but in addition the AALS has helped with the hormonal acne cysts. It helps shrink them and bring them to the surface for super easy removal.

I purchased the AALS and in combination with a small variety of lightening serums (mostly L'Occitane Immortalle but I just made up a batch of Kassys Pre-Treament 2 weeks ago) there has been a noticable reduction in the number and darkness of my hyperpigmented areas. So much so that my Hubby (who didn't notice when I had a foot of hair cut off) actually commented that he can tell the spots are lighter.

It does take about an hour to do my face and neck, longer for my hands and arms. Depends if I am watching a movie or just regular TV.

For the results I am getting I am thrilled. I am 54 post-surgical menopause (no hormone therapy).

As to the collegen rejuvination. That is harder to evaluate. I am also using AgeLess and have had remarkable results (photos posted on LuLus' Board). So I would say that the results are a combination of product, exfoliation, exercise, and determination no matter which LED is chosen.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
tamizami wrote:
thanks for the reply. here are my goals for my skin:

* even out the skintone, reduce/eliminate melasma/hyperpigmentation
* reduce fine lines as much as possible
* increase collagen production
* reduce under eye puffiness/circles
* eliminate hormonal cysts

i would not describe my skin as sensitive at all, i have always had great results with pretty strong glycolic acid treatments during facials. .

I would just add this to 'milbaders' good advice, regarding your goals specifically:

* even out the skintone, reduce/eliminate melasma/hyperpigmentation

LED treatment in conjunction with A good C serum, regular exfoliation + AHA used a few times per week will address these concerns. Keep in mind that the effects are cumulative, and some folks respond quicker than others.

* reduce fine lines as much as possible

Very fine lines yes, deep wrinkles no. I'm just clarifying because you'd be surprised what some folks consider *fine* lines... Shock I'd also tell you that it takes plenty of time, and a consistent commitment. C serum, AHA + beneficial oils in your regime will intensify the result.

* increase collagen production

This will not be apparent for 2 to 3 skin cycles, which is how long it takes to regenerate a significant amount of collagen. (The skin cycles about every 6 weeks... Frequent exfoliation both manually and with AHA, will speed this up.)

* reduce under eye puffiness/circles

You can expect a small to moderate amount of relief to under eye puffiness and dark circles, because the amber lights really kick up the lymphatic drainage. (Check out "lymphatic facial massage" on U-Tube, for some great videos which you can do on yourself prior to the LED treatment, which will give you twice the result, of LED alone..) You also might want to check out the supplement "Butcher's Broom" which is awesome for kicking up the circulation in the sluggish/fragile veins that are the cause of 'dark circles'.

* eliminate hormonal cysts

I don't have personal experience with this, but from what I read, and input that was shared here, I'd say more folks than not respond positively.. (My niece has had good results overall with cystic acne, and the previous extreme redness she had is gone.. It does NOT get rid of acne scars, but does make them flatter, removes the redness, and just makes the skin look so much prettier.)

Welcome 'tamizami'!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
tamizami

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
wow, this is great information, thank you! good thing i just made my first batch of vit c+e+ferulic acid serum.

now, to show my utter ignorance, what type of AHA should i use? i did purchase some glycolic acid from GoW - should i just add some of that to something like the juice beauty serum or a cream? also, i'm trying to search the forum for info on the hyaluronic acid.....i purchased 1 gram of that but have seen recipes that call for a lot more, so i'm trying to figure out if i got the right powder or if there is a liquid version i should get instead.

which brings up another stupid question - what do i do and when with this regimen? is it first AALS, then exfoliate, then serum, then AHA??

so sorry i am such a newbie, i definitely appreciate all the tips. oh and thank you also for the tip on the butchers broom, will definitely order some of that!
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy developes her formulations based on liquid hyaluronic acid and not the powdered.

-clean
-exfoliate
-toner (if desired)
-serum
-AALS
-cream
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
OK, well I finally took the plunge. After much debate and talking with Steve at LightStim today, I ordered the AALS. I'm really excited to see how my skin will improve with using this. Steve was telling me that there is a product from Plum Skin Care that he highly recommends. According to him, this Collagen Serum is giving incredible results. He says it will make the LightStim more effective. If any of you have heard of or used this serum, please give your feedback as I'm not really sure what I'm going to use with the light yet. Anyway, I'll be updating as I see changes. Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
OK, well I finally took the plunge. After much debate and talking with Steve at LightStim today, I ordered the AALS. I'm really excited to see how my skin will improve with using this. Steve was telling me that there is a product from Plum Skin Care that he highly recommends. According to him, this Collagen Serum is giving incredible results. He says it will make the LightStim more effective. If any of you have heard of or used this serum, please give your feedback as I'm not really sure what I'm going to use with the light yet. Anyway, I'll be updating as I see changes. Smile

The most important thing to do before your treatment is to exfoliate, exfoliate, and then exfoliate some more..

Non-occlusive topicals, with beneficial ingredients, are just a nice add-on in MHO.. I'm not familiar with the collagen serum Steve recommended, so if you know the ingredient list please share it.. I'd love to have a look!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not familiar with the collagen serum Steve recommended, so if you know the ingredient list please share it.. I'd love to have a look!

Here is what I found on their temporary website:

Plum uses only the highest quality of natural ingredients available, all vegan and oil free. We do not use any parabens, formaldehyde, phthalates, petroleum products, synthetic color, fragrance or preservatives.

Ingredients: L-Ascorbate, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Lysine, Bioflavonoids, Zinc gluconate, Silicon, Base of USP Grade Ethyl Alcohol, Glycerin in purified water
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Quote:
I'm not familiar with the collagen serum Steve recommended, so if you know the ingredient list please share it.. I'd love to have a look!

Plum uses only the highest quality of natural ingredients available, all vegan and oil free. We do not use any parabens, formaldehyde, phthalates, petroleum products, synthetic color, fragrance or preservatives.

Ingredients: L-Ascorbate, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Lysine, Bioflavonoids, Zinc gluconate, Silicon, Base of USP Grade Ethyl Alcohol, Glycerin in purified water

Scratching my head here, because those ingredients belong in a food/vitamin supplement.. Confused Maybe you better double check with Steve... Laughing

fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered today and asked about a code for EDS members.

EDS83PYT 10% Off

doesnt seem to have any expiration date.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Quote:

Can you give the link for the Plum site?
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Riley,

I can't post links yet, but it's Plumskincare dot com. It's only a temp. website as Steve said they were still working on it. It doesn't give much info. so I'm gonna wait to read more on it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Hi Riley,

I can't post links yet, but it's Plumskincare dot com. It's only a temp. website as Steve said they were still working on it. It doesn't give much info. so I'm gonna wait to read more on it.

Thanks, songbird. Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://plumskincare.com/
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Before anybody plunks down $88. for 1oz of this stuff, you better do some research.. Personally, I will not be using this with an LED treatment (or otherwise).

The ingredients look like those used as food supplements, and two of them are definite "occlusives"..(The light will NOT penetrate these!)

I'd double check with Steve on this one, because something's screwy with this..

Just my 2 cents!

Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Before anybody plunks down $88. for 1oz of this stuff, you better do some research.. Personally, I will not be using this with an LED treatment (or otherwise).

The ingredients look like those used as food supplements, and two of them are definite "occlusives"..(The light will NOT penetrate these!)

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks for your input Kassy. I'm not planning on purchasing this or anything else without knowing what I'm getting. I'll have to try to call Steve again one day and talk to him about it. I'm with you, and I'm not gonna shell out $$$ on something I don't know enough about. Actually, I've been looking at your DIY serums and this just may be the way to go. DEFINITELY more affordable. Thanks for all you offer this forum. I love reading your posts.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't think Steve knows much about skin care products. The serum LS recommend for Rosacea has alcohol and fragrance, both of which are major triggers of flare-up. I should email them about that.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Just my 2 cents!

Laughing I would not spend $88 on a food supplement, either!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
Honestly, I don't think Steve knows much about skin care products. The serum LS recommend for Rosacea has alcohol and fragrance, both of which are major triggers of flare-up. I should email them about that.

I think that Steve must be working very hard on this topic, and searching for something great to enhance LED treatments.. But, if he doesn't have a real knowledge of things that can interfere with penetration, or be a contraindication for specific skin problems (ie; Rosacea), I would just caution everyone to reasearch the ingredients, before purchasing..

I don't know this to be fact, but I would venture a guess, that because LightStim handheld and professional devices are so popular in spas and medical offices + shows, that he very well could be inundated with calls from cosmeceutical manufacturers, who are *telling* him how great said product would be when used with an LED.. (This is just a guess on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.)

In the meantime keep things simple with a water based serum and perhaps a bit of AHA, HA, + either Green Tea Extract OR Vitamin C..

***DO NOT use green tea + vitamin C together, unless you include a chelating ingredient like "EDTA"***

Here's why; green tea contains metals, and any acid will bind to that metal and cause a negative reaction, that will cause the vitamin C to become *PRO* oxidant.. This will harm your skin in the long term.. (This is also the reason why vitamin C + copper peptides are not used together.. The "metals" are the culprit when they are in the presence of an acid!.

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
From the website it looks like the actual LED lights are raised on this unit. Is that accurate? If so it looks like would uncomfortable to hold against your skin.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
From the website it looks like the actual LED lights are raised on this unit. Is that accurate? If so it looks like would uncomfortable to hold against your skin.

The *diodes* are in contact with your skin during treatments. Some users (in the beginning), find that it leaves a tiny depression in the skin where some of the diodes have pressed on.. (It goes away in less than an hour.)

Sometimes this happens when pressed to hard, and sometimes it happens because there is lots of fluid in the tissues..

It happened to me during the first 2 weeks or so of use, and never again since that time. I'm of the opinion that because of the significant lymphatic drainage I experience with this LED, I don't get the 'depressions' anymore, because the lymph is flowing smoothly, and doesn't build up the way it used to.

All other LED's for at home use that I know of, have recessed diodes, and/or a face plate over the diodes..

In my opinion, I believe the diodes actually touching the skin is one of the things that sets LightStim apart.. It seems to consistently have the most satisfied users, so something's working to our advantage with this device.

I find it very comfortable to use, and very easy to maneuver around all areas I use it on.

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy_A.
Yes I did notice that this seems to be the only unit where the diode actually touch the skin. I'm trying to decided between this and another and was not sure if touching the skin was a plus or not.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've only ever used Lightstim, so can't make a comparison for you.. All I can tell you is that both my LS's work amazingly well for me..

Perhaps someone who owns a LS and another LED, can chime in to tell you their views.

ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, Kathy, do you mind taking a look at this product and see if it can be used after vitamin C serum?

GoW Renew Cream: Distilled Water; Polawax NF;
Lingonberry Fruit Ext; Renovage; Sunflower Oil CP; Kukui Nut Oil CP; Grapeseed Oil CP; Lingonberry Seed Oil; Stearic Acid; Pantothenic Acid; Optiphen [Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol]; Galactobarian

Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
Hey, Kathy, do you mind taking a look at this product and see if it can be used after vitamin C serum?

GoW Renew Cream: Distilled Water; Polawax NF;
Lingonberry Fruit Ext; Renovage; Sunflower Oil CP; Kukui Nut Oil CP; Grapeseed Oil CP; Lingonberry Seed Oil; Stearic Acid; Pantothenic Acid; Optiphen [Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol]; Galactobarian

Thanks!

It looks like it would be great to use AFTER vitamin C serum, as the ingredients are nice, (a couple I'm not familiar with), and the oils are occlusive, so would seal/push the C in.. (I'm a HUGE oil fan.. Even love them better than most actives.. loaded with anti-oxidants, fatty acids + all things good for the skin..)

DON'T use that prior to an LED treatment though.. Shock NO occlusives.

The Kukui Oil in that is great for lightening freckles + melasma!

ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kathy. I wanted to make sure that there is no metal in the cream that will oxidize vitamin C. It's good to know that it's fine to use in conjuction with VC. Smile
tsa1976

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
This is my first time posting in an EDS forum. I have been reading about the lightstim on here, which is why I bought one, because of all the positive reviews. I have had my lightslim for quite some time now, and I use it about 4-5 times a week, and more if time allows. Unfortunatly, I have not had such good results. I am only 32, but I have lots of sun damage. I bought this to help with fine lines and skin sagging. I have not seen any improvement, and since I have started using the device my acne has gotten worse. I have large pores and very sensitive skin. I use alcohol to clean it after I move it around my face a few times, just in case I am moving bacteria around my face. I don't know if this device is stimulating the sebum production I had as a teen and in my early twenties, and maybe that is why this is happening. I really wanted it to work, but I am thinking that I will need to return it. has anyone had a similar experience. I also started to use a homemade c cream, which I think made the acne worse, as well, but I definitly think the lightstim is a big factor in the acne? Any advice? Do you think I should stick it out, or just return it while I can get my money back?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |