Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum (7 g / 0.25 oz) IS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion (50 g / 1.7 oz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy: Would you be using the AALS and the Omnilux Nu U on alternate days or on the same day? What does the Omnilux Nu U do that the AALS doesn't?

I am using the AALS every other day and my skin is still reacting positively. I've started to notice a reduction in the size of my pores and that I am not getting as many blackheads as before. There is still fading of the pigmentation spots, although this is a very slow process. I don't have many wrinkles but I haven't noticed anything getting worse.....which is still a very good result.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ricayhermose - Have been using the AAlightstim for about 18 months now. It is
maintaining pretty good - most of my age spots are faded and don't have too many acnes issues in my late 50's. What I am looking for is stimulation of the collage to produce fuller cheeks and a little thicker skin. It seems to do that whenever I use it now. Since I am on
maintenance, only use about 2X a week now but wouldn't be without it! enjoy DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
****Cross posting from the 'Omnilux' thread, which I believe covers all the recent questions here****

I hope it will be simpler to use than what MACrisis shared.. Can't you just do a full treatment in one sitting with one wavelength, and then in a few days do the full treatment with the other.. (I use the AALS for an hour, so even if the Omnilux took 2 I'd be willing to do it watching TV.)

I have been thinking about this device for about 6 months.. It was actually Steve from LS who told me back in February that the studies were proving it to be a great device. (I really respect Steve + his company on so many levels..A+ all the way around.. )

I'm still extremely happy with both of my LS devices. They have transformed my skin in 2 years. But my curiosity (and a great ebay deal) just got the better of me, and made the timing perfect to try this LED that I've been pondering for a long while.. And just like all of you, I love my gadgets and I'm always looking for the next great one.

Most of you who really know me well, already know that I'm most responsive when I change things up.. I tend to get in a skin rut when I keep things the same for too long. My feeling is that maybe this LED will give me just that little change from what I'm doing, to perk up the collagen synthesis even more .. I'll never know unless I try. I already know that I'm very positively responsive to LED treatments, so I'm really expecting this LED to work as well, and hopefully even better. My skin is really in fabulous condition, so my only concern is keeping the sag at bay and building more collagen.. Believe me when I tell you, (and I'm sure Keliu will agree), being 59 brings a new sagging dilemma every day, and keeping up with that alone is a miracle of sorts.

One thing is for sure though, if using these specific wavelengths separately (rather than simultaneously as in the AALS), makes a real difference to the results, I will be yelling it loud and clear to all of you..

I haven't used either LS for the past week, and won't get the Omnilux for about 8 days, so my plan is to do it exactly as instructed, using only the topicals included for treatment, and test it for a full 8 weeks.. My thought is that since I am so responsive to LED treatments, I should have a good idea in one skin cycle, if this will be as good or better than the AALS.

I'll take a few 'before' pictures and try to duplicate them at 4 weeks and 8 weeks.. I'm really excited to give this one a try.. (Hopefully it won't wind up in the dead tool graveyard with so many other's.. ) But really, for $125 bucks it's well worth a shot. I actually saw the pack of 9 topicals on Amazon by itself for $145. )

So that's it.. I hope you will all keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck.. As always I'll share the good, the bad or complete f-*k up with my usual bluntness and candor..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
Kassy: Would you be using the AALS and the Omnilux Nu U on alternate days or on the same day? What does the Omnilux Nu U do that the AALS doesn't?

I am putting the LightStim on hold for the 8 weeks I plan to test the Omnilux.. In fact I haven't used it this past week, so by the time I get the new one, it will be approximately 2 weeks without an LED treatment.. Once my test of the Omnilux is over, then I will figure out how to use both LED's each week, and see how that goes..

I'm not sure that the Omnilux can do anything that the AALS didn't already do.. Honestly, the AALS is a hard act to follow. But the Omnilux studies I read were very impressive and detailed, and I'm very excited to give it a try..

The older we get, the more goodies we need in our bag of tricks.. Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Mountaingirl,

I've been meaning to ask you about your under eye area re the AALS...wasn't it a brown spot that developed there?

Has the skin on any other area of your face responded negatively to the AALS...or did reducing the time stop any damage?

Also how are you doing in general with this device...any improvements?

The spot under my eye (where I overlapped my treatments) has not recovered much. It has little bumps and is crepey and discolored, kind of just a tinge brownish. I would say the skin on the rest of my face looks very good and improved from using my AALS and I'm so glad I have it in my arsenal. (I do think dermarolling has also helped too!) Smile

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi ricayhermose - Have been using the AAlightstim for about 18 months now. It is
maintaining pretty good - most of my age spots are faded and don't have too many acnes issues in my late 50's. What I am looking for is stimulation of the collage to produce fuller cheeks and a little thicker skin. It seems to do that whenever I use it now. Since I am on
maintenance, only use about 2X a week now but wouldn't be without it! enjoy DiPhx

Hi DiPhx, thanks for your reply. I am just wondering if you only use the light 2-3x a week, will you still see improvement or you are only maintaining the result you have achieved before cutting down the frequency? Thanks.
tsa1976

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I guess I am going to return my Lightstim since I feel that the negatives outweigh the positives, for me. I did notice some skin firming, but the breakouts are too much to bear. They were kind enough to extend my warranty, when I told them I wanted to have more time to see if I could work out the "kinks". Anyway good luck everyone with their LED journies "usage" Thanks for the advice.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Again I would not use AALS if I had acne. Actually when I tried AALS on my rosacea, it aggravated my rosacea, so I only use AALS on my forehead, chin and around eye area. Perhaps you can give the Acne light a try. Their rosacea light definitely works for me.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
tsa1976 wrote:
I guess I am going to return my Lightstim since I feel that the negatives outweigh the positives, for me. I did notice some skin firming, but the breakouts are too much to bear. They were kind enough to extend my warranty, when I told them I wanted to have more time to see if I could work out the "kinks". Anyway good luck everyone with their LED journies "usage" Thanks for the advice.

Joniann from LightStim sent me this email yesterday, and I'm posting it for you with her approval.. It's in regard to your 1st post.. You should give them a call even if you are over the 90 days, and see what they can do for you. The email directly addresses your concerns.

Dear Kat,

Hi! I haven't spoken to you in awhile so I hope you are well and happy!

I received a Google alert today on a EDS post and actually had a free moment to read it. I am always so busy I don't have the time to pay much attention. What caught my attention on her post were two things:

"I use alcohol to clean it after I move it around my face a few times..." The isopropyl alcohol can be extremely drying and irritating to the skin. We suggest cleaning the Light AFTER it is used. This allows the alcohol to dry and dissipate before the Light is used the next time. She is drying out her skin and irritating it by over using the alcohol. And for one's personal use it is really unnecessary to clean the Light after every use unless one is using the Light on unclean, unwashed skin.

"...after I move it around my face a few times..." Does this mean she is moving the Light as opposed to holding it in one place allowing the LEDs to penetrate?

It also sounds like her acne is a bigger factor than the fine lines and skin sagging as she in only 32. It is scientific impossibility for her acne to get worse with the Anti-Aging Light. If she is still under her 90 day she should call us and exchange her AALS for the Acne. We have never had an AALS cause acne or make it worse. It most often helps although the ALS is preferable as the blue LEDs kill the bacteria.

And all of your questions to her below are pertinent and valid!

All the Best!

Joinann

tsa1976 wrote:
This is my first time posting in an EDS forum. I have been reading about the lightstim on here, which is why I bought one, because of all the positive reviews. I have had my lightslim for quite some time now, and I use it about 4-5 times a week, and more if time allows. Unfortunatly, I have not had such good results. I am only 32, but I have lots of sun damage. I bought this to help with fine lines and skin sagging. I have not seen any improvement, and since I have started using the device my acne has gotten worse. I have large pores and very sensitive skin. I use alcohol to clean it after I move it around my face a few times, just in case I am moving bacteria around my face. I don't know if this device is stimulating the sebum production I had as a teen and in my early twenties, and maybe that is why this is happening. I really wanted it to work, but I am thinking that I will need to return it. has anyone had a similar experience. I also started to use a homemade c cream, which I think made the acne worse, as well, but I definitly think the lightstim is a big factor in the acne? Any advice? Do you think I should stick it out, or just return it while I can get my money back?
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi riceyhermosa - Even when I use the AAlightstim only 2X a week, I still get some plumping in my cheeks and a tiny bit of firming in the neck area. That effect will last for several days but probably not for weeks. However, in my late 50's, aging doesn't go away. Don't believe that not using any of these tools would make things worse than before I started using them; however, the improvement from consistent usage you can certainly see and is worth all the effort. The age spots definitely don't come back and the pores still remain smaller so those effects may be permanent. The sag and skin tightening is a different issue. AAlightstim (and the TV) definitely worth the money! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I must say that the AALS is one of the best purchases I've made. A friend of mine actually bought it as well after my recommendation and 2 weeks later came back saying that it doesn't work and she's returning.

What a lot of consumers dont realise that this is not a miracle product. Skin cell turnover is approx 8 weeks, before that time, it is near impossible for anything to change. And the more you use the LS, the better the results as your skin renews with more collagen giving you even better skin.

One of the biggest advantage I have on the AALS is firming of my skin. It does feel supple and firm now as compared to months ago. I do believe that the amber lights have also helped with my scarring and pigmentation problem. My skin is now more even and looks healthier.

I do love the LightStim. The head is much bigger than other brands allowing me to cover more areas. And some areas where I dont really need it, I can skip.

The LS is an investment, and like all investments, they take time to work. Since starting on my LS route, there is no turning back for me.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
I must say that the AALS is one of the best purchases I've made. A friend of mine actually bought it as well after my recommendation and 2 weeks later came back saying that it doesn't work and she's returning.

What a lot of consumers dont realise that this is not a miracle product. Skin cell turnover is approx 8 weeks, before that time, it is near impossible for anything to change. And the more you use the LS, the better the results as your skin renews with more collagen giving you even better skin.

One of the biggest advantage I have on the AALS is firming of my skin. It does feel supple and firm now as compared to months ago. I do believe that the amber lights have also helped with my scarring and pigmentation problem. My skin is now more even and looks healthier.

I do love the LightStim. The head is much bigger than other brands allowing me to cover more areas. And some areas where I dont really need it, I can skip.

The LS is an investment, and like all investments, they take time to work. Since starting on my LS route, there is no turning back for me.

AMEN SISTER

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm still loving my AALS and can't believe the difference in my skin in such a short time.

I was using it while watching tv and using the time on the cable box and I'd lose track of time and it was becoming a PITNeck:) I found this timer on Ebay for only $10 including shipping. Very large digital display and once I plug in the 3 minutes, I hit the countdown button and when the time is up it buzzes and you hit the button. It stays at 3 minutes and you hit it again and it starts counting down again, you don't have to keep resetting 3 minutes. It's making using the Lightstim even easier.

I have no affiliation or gain from this timer, etc.

Search on Ebay:

Large Screen Digital Kitchen Timer Alarm Count Up Down

Seller is happydstore

Timer was shipped quickly.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi riceyhermosa - Even when I use the AAlightstim only 2X a week, I still get some plumping in my cheeks and a tiny bit of firming in the neck area. That effect will last for several days but probably not for weeks.

Hi DiPhx,

Thanks for your reply. Currently I am unable to find time to use my AALS 4 times a week anymore, so I was wondering if I could still see improvement at 2x-3x a week. I'm glad to hear that you do!

Thanks again for your help!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:

I have no affiliation or gain from this timer, etc.

that made me chuckle... Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi all-- I've been lurking and researching and really appreciate the tons and tons of information on the various LED products. I'm dying to get one (or two) but even after days of reading ALL the threads on the LEDs (I think), I still really can't decide based on my needs and need feedback. Please!!! : )

I'm 40 and anyone except me would probably say I have really nice skin for my age. Fair olive complexion, minimal sag, no sun damage, teeeeeny lines above my lip that only I notice, and perhaps some largish pores. That said, let's get to the cons: skin is oily and tends to be congested in nose and chin. I get monthly cystic acne. When that happens, the blemish is fluid-filled and hangs around for weeks and the brown hyperpigmentation spots left behind tend to stay for months.

The specific issues I'd like to address are:
- reduce slight ruddiness in the cheeks and occasional breakouts that I suspect is very slight rosacea. I feel like I look 'red' in photos, and this seems to come and go, but I don't know what the pattern is.
- clear up slight broken capillaries in nasal fold
- address (or, if this is a wish list, eliminate) the actual blemishes (and be able to address the occasional spot wherever it shows up--back, for example)
- remove the hyperpigmentation resulting from the blemishes

and here's the kicker/confusing bit:

- be able to use the LED for healing of muscle or inflammatory pain (sore foot, lower back spasms, sinus issues)
- I'd like to purchase no more than two lights (and hey, if one would do the job, woo-hoo, but I don't see that happening)

For those two lights:

I figure I must settle on one or another blue light for the blemishes (and I have a pre-teen that has my skin so I'm expecting some borrowing soon). But do I want a Baby Blue, a blue LS, or would the Rosacea LS be a better plan? (I don't know if 'fluid-filled' is the same as 'cystic' but I assume it is, and some comments about this not being really addressed by blue light--or worse, that blue light is Bad For You--has thrown me.)

For the other issues, I was jonesing for the BQ, mistakenly thinking it would address the hyperpigmentation, but then saw all Kassy's posts about the AALS. Amber seems to be a requirement! But, here's where I get torn. Kassy, you mentioned healing your knee with the original LS, not the AALS, so I fear that I won't get enough healing power of an all red/infrared device with one that tosses in amber as well (AALS, ProLight Platinum) to handle some other physical issues I'm having (because then that would make this a completely guilt-free purchase).

Will any of these +amber lights give enough of the healing power for what I mentioned I'm after? Particularly me poo' achin' back!

Thanks for any help you can provide! (Including the sobering reminders I've seen that I am not purchasing a magic wand, that it's a light wand!)
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
luverly the best advice I can give you is to email Steve at AALS. I have personally never contacted him but I know many other members have and he is very helpful. He will point you in the right direction with regards to AALS and then you can take that info and decided if that brand is the best way or to go with another brand. I think AALS has a package deal when you buy 2 lights, be sure to ask him about that.

As for the cystic acne it is not the same as the fluid filled acne. I had a terrible bout of cystic hormone induced acne and it is inflammation of some kind but there is no build up of fluid. I was only able to get rid of it with a round of anti-biotics.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi luverly - I agree with contacting Steve at lightstim. I called him and talked with him at the 800# a couple times before I purchased the AAlightstim. He told me enough that wasn't written in the literature. The other LED light that seems to get many raves is the prolight and the gal to contact for that is Rita. Go to the prolight thread and you should find some contact info. As an FYI, I have the AAlightstim and love it for evening skin tone, lightening age spots, and plumping the face a little. Has a nice large head as well! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
luverly wrote:
Hi all-- I've been lurking and researching and really appreciate the tons and tons of information on the various LED products. I'm dying to get one (or two) but even after days of reading ALL the threads on the LEDs (I think), I still really can't decide based on my needs and need feedback. Please!!! : )

I'm 40 and anyone except me would probably say I have really nice skin for my age. Fair olive complexion, minimal sag, no sun damage, teeeeeny lines above my lip that only I notice, and perhaps some largish pores. That said, let's get to the cons: skin is oily and tends to be congested in nose and chin. I get monthly cystic acne. When that happens, the blemish is fluid-filled and hangs around for weeks and the brown hyperpigmentation spots left behind tend to stay for months.

The specific issues I'd like to address are:
- reduce slight ruddiness in the cheeks and occasional breakouts that I suspect is very slight rosacea. I feel like I look 'red' in photos, and this seems to come and go, but I don't know what the pattern is.
- clear up slight broken capillaries in nasal fold
- address (or, if this is a wish list, eliminate) the actual blemishes (and be able to address the occasional spot wherever it shows up--back, for example)
- remove the hyperpigmentation resulting from the blemishes

and here's the kicker/confusing bit:

- be able to use the LED for healing of muscle or inflammatory pain (sore foot, lower back spasms, sinus issues)
- I'd like to purchase no more than two lights (and hey, if one would do the job, woo-hoo, but I don't see that happening)

For those two lights:

I figure I must settle on one or another blue light for the blemishes (and I have a pre-teen that has my skin so I'm expecting some borrowing soon). But do I want a Baby Blue, a blue LS, or would the Rosacea LS be a better plan? (I don't know if 'fluid-filled' is the same as 'cystic' but I assume it is, and some comments about this not being really addressed by blue light--or worse, that blue light is Bad For You--has thrown me.)

For the other issues, I was jonesing for the BQ, mistakenly thinking it would address the hyperpigmentation, but then saw all Kassy's posts about the AALS. Amber seems to be a requirement! But, here's where I get torn. Kassy, you mentioned healing your knee with the original LS, not the AALS, so I fear that I won't get enough healing power of an all red/infrared device with one that tosses in amber as well (AALS, ProLight Platinum) to handle some other physical issues I'm having (because then that would make this a completely guilt-free purchase).

Will any of these +amber lights give enough of the healing power for what I mentioned I'm after? Particularly me poo' achin' back!

Thanks for any help you can provide! (Including the sobering reminders I've seen that I am not purchasing a magic wand, that it's a light wand!)

Hi 'luverly' and welcome to the forum!

You have addressed quite a few issues and needs, and I'm really not quite sure how to advise you..

You mention the acne issues, and I know that the LightStim Acne light works awesome for that.. BUT, you also mention some symptoms that definitely sound like a mild Rosacea to me, and my thought is because the Acne light is powerful, and must be used for 5 minutes per area to treat/kill the acne bacteria, that that light could then cause a flareup of Rosacea.. You are between a rock and a hard place in that regard.

Now onto your pain management.. Simply put, I don't feel that the Antiaging LS will address that as well as a red/infrared device.. I have the original LS which is red/infrared and it works perfectly for my pain + inflammation, but I don't believe they carry that one anymore. (I'm not positive though, so you would have to ask at LightStim if they still have it.)

Rita at http://www.prolightaesthetics.com sells a Pro red/infrared device, and a few members mentioned that it worked very nicely for their pain management.. So that's another option for you.

For the hyperpigmentation, fine lines, enlarged pores, sagging + any other antiaging issues, I've had great success with the AALS.. I do believe (from personal experience) that the 'amber/orange' wavelengths in this unit make for one great antiaging tool.. I started with red/infrared, and then 5 months later went to the red/infrared/amber. There is no comparison to the speed and wonderful results I got when the amber was thrown into the mix.. Honestly amazing for me..

In finishing I would only add that I'm glad you realize that LED's aren't magic wands.. What they are is a great addition to a good skin care regime, that will give you an overall 50% better skin than if you didn't use one.. You also mention that "I'm 40 and anyone except me would probably say I have really nice skin for my age. Fair olive complexion, minimal sag, no sun damage, teeeeeny lines above my lip that only I notice, and perhaps some largish pores. Oily, congested and hormonal acne." With that in mind I would offer, that you don't have a tremendous amount of things to correct, so be realistic on the nice subtle changes you get, rather than looking for an amazing transformation.. In general, (and from experience), I believe those of us with advanced age + plenty of things to correct, have the really off the chart positive changes..(So little problems little changes, big problems big changes.. Very Happy )

I think you should take your time, contact LightStim + ProLight for advice, read and ask questions in all LED threads, and then decide what's best for "you". You also mentioned that you were considering the Baby Blue (Quasar) and all I can share about that is that I don't recommend it.. My reasons are because 1. The head is ridiculously small + 2. It's a job figuring out cycles and treatments, 3. I think it's way overpriced for what you get + 4. Nobody ever talks about it one way or the other.. And nobody ever answers anybody's questions in the Quasar threads..

To me, when something's good it's good, and people have no problem chiming in with their great experiences.. (This thread for LightStim products is a perfect example. When it works, it works!)

Good luck with your research, and be sure to let us know how it's going.

funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Anyone here uses the acne and anti aging light together?

Do you have to use one first then the other or you can put them both on your face?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
Anyone here uses the acne and anti aging light together?

Do you have to use one first then the other or you can put them both on your face?

I would not use both lights at the same time, on the same night.. The acne light should be used for 5 full minutes on each acneic area in order to kill the bacteria.. My thought (which could be totally wrong BTW) is that I wouldn't want to let anything interfere with that treatment.. I would then use the anti-aging light 48 hours later..

I don't believe in using ANY LED everyday, so if I were interested in using both LED's I would leave a day off between, and use each light alternately.

Just my opinion though, so hopefully those who use both could give better advice.

funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy!

Just some updates, after 2 months of use, the Anti Aging LS has removed some of the fine lines that I have one my forehead.

I was looking at myself this morning in the mirror and i was like Shock Shock It's really gone! I used to have horizontal lines there, you can't see them anymore.

I'm going to continue with the LS treatments and I saw faster results using it with a moisturizer I made for after LED use which contained:

Green Tea extract
SKB
Niacinamide
Glucosamine
SAS base cream

YAY!!!!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you 'funky'! The happy satisfied LightStim users just keep coming.. Laughing

I guess we can conclude, with all these unsolicited/unbiased raves here, that good old Steve and his engineers, got the engineering right for multi-diode treatments. Perhaps he could show some other's how to make that work.. Bad Grin

The ingredients you're using for the treatment looks great.. The only thing I can't remember off hand, is what exactly is in the SAS base cream.. No occlusive oils I hope.

Have you had a look at this thread on the use of green tea with LED treatments.. Looking good I tell ya!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35494

Have a look see if you haven't already.. I stuck my recipe from ages ago on the 1st page, which has worked out nicely for me.

Good study to read there as well.

Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I've been using the AALS for almost a month now and am really enjoying it. Of course it's not been nearly long enough to see dramatic results and I'm younger than alot of the users on EDS. But, I can definitely tell my skin is a bit firmer (esp. along my jaw & neck area). Also, my skin has a softer feel to it. As per Kassy's advice I've been really "feeling" my skin so when there is a change I notice it more. I think you can easily overlook the subtle changes if you don't really know your skin. I have rosacea so when I use the AALS my skin gets pretty rosy but, by morning it's calmed way down. One of my friends told me the other day that my skin looked so flawless and that I had NO wrinkles so I feel pretty encouraged to keep using it.

I do have a question and please forgive me for my total ignorance about this or if this has been addressed before. Is there any evidence or studies about using the lights on the scalp to help irritation and thinning hair? I may be completely off base here but I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

One more thing, I know the light is used for pain relief and I'm wondering about the amount of time it should be used. Does the time differ depending on what you're using it for?

Thanks everybody Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi songbird - Okay there is a laser (LED) comb for hair growth. I think it's called lasermax. You can probably google it so I would think if the comb has red or infrared LED's, you could try it on your scalp. You can also ask Steve at lightstim about using it on the scalp.

You may be able to use the AALS for pain as well although most folks on this forum use just the original red/infrared for pain. I believe they use it for a longer period of time for pain. You can check the regular "lightstim" thread for info on how to use for pain.

HTH DiPhx

Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |