Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
You are so correct that is what he said,I got 6 treatments for $1200.00 1 every two weeks,like said it only lasted about 6 months.Do you how much it cost,the name and where do I order? I love you gals, I have learned so much and smart to boot!!!!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
You are so correct that is what he said,I got 6 treatments for $1200.00 1 every two weeks,like said it only lasted about 6 months.Do you how much it cost,the name and where do I order? I love you gals, I have learned so much and smart to boot!!!!

Hi Leggy
If you are talking about the AALS you can purchase directly from their website www.lightstim.com its $329.00 US and there is a 10% discount for EDS members, let me know if you want the code. They ship to most places I beleive.. I just received my today and live in Australia and I think shipping was $38 US or there about.
If you were referring to something else please excuse me. Smile
Goodluck!
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Would love the code,Thanks again
zico79

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a question for the more dark (Mediterranean, latino skinned) amongst you- or actually anyone come to think of it!

Kassy- I noticed way back you said that the AAlightstim seemed to make you pale- has anyone else experienced this? My dilemma is that I have a dark golden skin tone that I dont want to lose- BUT my skin is now showing the ravages of time Smile.... Has anyone been able to tan to their normal levels while using AAlightstim? (yes, yes I know about sun damage etc, etc Smile

I know i want the best of both worlds- but why not!

cheers
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

Email Steve at LightStim (off their website) and ask him for the code, their customer service is spectacular!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

Leggy, this is the code that I used just weeks ago when I ordered mine, it probably still works... EDS83py4t, good that you're getting one, you will love it...

And Zico, regarding your problem. I'm thinking if the dark skin-tone that you have is natural and all year round and not caused by religious sunbathing, then I don't think the LightStim would take away your color. LightStim is recommended for all skin types, colors, etc. so I am pretty sure you'd be okay..the only thing I could think of is it could maybe lighten your face a bit, because it's lifting certain damage?? ...but if you really want to be sure, call Steve @ LightStim, or send them an email!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Oops, double posted!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
zico79 wrote:

Kassy- I noticed way back you said that the AAlightstim seemed to make you pale- has anyone else experienced this? My dilemma is that I have a dark golden skin tone that I dont want to lose- BUT my skin is now showing the ravages of time Smile.... Has anyone been able to tan to their normal levels while using AAlightstim? (yes, yes I know about sun damage etc, etc Smile

I know i want the best of both worlds- but why not!

cheers

Yes, I have a lighter, pinker skintone now than when I began LED treatments 2+ years ago.

For me, it completely removed the sallowness from a lifetime of smoking.

I have no idea if it would affect a tan, because those days are long behind me... (And yes, I did the deep, dark, aztec princess tan for the better part of my life.. Embarassed )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Do you think it is too much to use the aals and the STOP and dermaroll at the same time, well within a day of the other.Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtful wrote:
Do you think it is too much to use the aals and the STOP and dermaroll at the same time, well within a day of the other.Thanks

I'm no skin care expert, but I would say all those treatments in that close of range would probably be somewhat harmful. The skin, just like anything, needs a period of time to rebuild and repair itself. I know once you get all these cool little gadgets you get a little too ahead of yourself and go crazy with them. But I definitely think it's important to give your skin a day or 2 to rest. Like I said, I'm no expert, but these are my thoughts. Over time, after using all these devices in close proximity, and maybe over-using them, I think the skin will be harmed more than helped...

A little can go a long way.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well I finally bit the bullet and got myself a AALS. I really hope it works! I gave it a whirl last night and was wondering if anyone else has a slight problem with the connection between the power cord and the hand unit. Mine is a little loose and the light keeps turning off if the cord isn't in exactly the right position. I can make it work though, so maybe it's not such a big deal. The thought of sending it all the way back to the US is making me think I should just work with it...
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Well I finally bit the bullet and got myself a AALS. I really hope it works! I gave it a whirl last night and was wondering if anyone else has a slight problem with the connection between the power cord and the hand unit. Mine is a little loose and the light keeps turning off if the cord isn't in exactly the right position. I can make it work though, so maybe it's not such a big deal. The thought of sending it all the way back to the US is making me think I should just work with it...

Congrats on getting one, although its unfortunate that it's giving you problems. If I were you, I would contact them and ask for a replacement. When I received my first LightStim, there was a bent diode and I contacted them to ask for another. They sent me out a replacement right away, so I didn't have to stop treatments. When I received my new one, I sent the original back. I strongly suggest going that route. You don't want to have to deal with that problem all the time! Especially since it costs over $300.. it's important that the device has no problems!

Good luck with everything!
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks EC! I think there is a tiny bit of extra plastic in the way. So I'm going to fiddle a little and see how I go. Hope that yours is going well!
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered some copper peptides this morning along with some other items.

My skin is looking much better but the broken caps on my chin around my nose look bit worse. Not sure what's going on there. Maybe it's because I am exfoliating? My skin really needed the exfoliation, from not doing anything the past two months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, I think I answered my own dilemma about the broken caps. I remember reading about scrubs (scrubbing) making them worse and I've probably been too harsh using my Microfiber cloth. I have to be more gentler on those areas on my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

So sorry Leggy I havent been on in the last few days here is the code EDS83py4t. If this does not work just contact Steve and Im sure he will give you the code if you mention you are a member of this forum.

Goodluck Smile
sarasara
5% products discount

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:36 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Ah, I think I answered my own dilemma about the broken caps. I remember reading about scrubs (scrubbing) making them worse and I've probably been too harsh using my Microfiber cloth. I have to be more gentler on those areas on my face.

Hallo again! Seems you are touching some of my "sensitive spots" in different threads, LOL!

Is scrubbing really making the capillars worse??? Shock

And does AALS helps getting rid of those?
Please, please, say YES *crosses fingers*
and have a lovely Sunday!
sarasara
5% products discount

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I just ordered some copper peptides this morning along with some other items.

My skin is looking much better but the broken caps on my chin around my nose look bit worse. Not sure what's going on there. Maybe it's because I am exfoliating? My skin really needed the exfoliation, from not doing anything the past two months.

I forgot: How do you use the Copper Peptides (the solution from Skin Active? Another "magical powder"? ) with AALS routine?
With the Green Tea serum? Or just mix them to your creams?
I so hope they can help with the unruly caps Razz
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
sarasara, I have a couple small broken caps on the bridge of my nose. Using the LightStim seems to definitely fade them. Right after a treatment, if I look in the mirror, they definitely are smaller/more hidden! Sometimes, I noticed that on days when I am not using the LightStim, I notice they get a little worse, but I think that the LightStim is fighting them off. They seem to have gotten A LOT better since I've had it. And I hope for them to continue to improve.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've just got my AALS and was wondering if anyone else has noticed their pigmentation getting worse with it? I mostly don't have a problem with my freckles - I've had them for so long I'm kind of used to them! But I don't really want them to get darker, which is what seems to be happening... Help... !
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
neondaze,
The AALS did make some pigmentation darken at first, then fade. These were in an odd place and not with my regular freckles.
I have to say as I got older, I was happy to have more freckles that gave my face a healthy look but the AALS has faded them a lot too but I really like having the skin color of my youth back, If you've always had freckles, I doubt the AALS will fade them away. btw I like freckles too. In my case, the increase of them was an aging phenomenom
sarasara, especially with the green tea, a broken cap has gone away. It used to come and go but in the last 5 years has been ever present. It didn't really go away until I used the greet tea prior to treatment.
I used the light for 7 months steadily w/o green tea. I have seen such dramatic results in so short a time with the tea. I think it's been about 6 weeks. Definitely try the green tea with your light.
sarasara
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
sarasara, I have a couple small broken caps on the bridge of my nose. Using the LightStim seems to definitely fade them. Right after a treatment, if I look in the mirror, they definitely are smaller/more hidden! Sometimes, I noticed that on days when I am not using the LightStim, I notice they get a little worse, but I think that the LightStim is fighting them off. They seem to have gotten A LOT better since I've had it. And I hope for them to continue to improve.

This is GREAT news!
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me!
sarasara
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
queenpedauque wrote:
neondaze,
The AALS did make some pigmentation darken at first, then fade. These were in an odd place and not with my regular freckles.
I have to say as I got older, I was happy to have more freckles that gave my face a healthy look but the AALS has faded them a lot too but I really like having the skin color of my youth back, If you've always had freckles, I doubt the AALS will fade them away. btw I like freckles too. In my case, the increase of them was an aging phenomenom
sarasara, especially with the green tea, a broken cap has gone away. It used to come and go but in the last 5 years has been ever present. It didn't really go away until I used the greet tea prior to treatment.
I used the light for 7 months steadily w/o green tea. I have seen such dramatic results in so short a time with the tea. I think it's been about 6 weeks. Definitely try the green tea with your light.

And thank you too: you are a queen!
Definitely, I am writing to Santa about the AALS Very Happy

NEONDAZE, QUEENPEDAUQUE: I think freckles look gorgeous! I am envying you ladies Razz
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I definitely agree about green tea accelerating LED results! I noticed when I apply green tea beforehand my skin looks a lot better afterward.

Also, the AALS has lightened my few freckles. I was a freckle face as a little kid, but they all seemed to have faded away. The sun will bring them out, but I STAY AWAY from the sun, anymore.
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
So i'm tryoing to keep up here. Neutral Green tea before LED and copper peptides after...it that ok? I've been doing this the last couple of led treatments and skin looks pretty good.
Should I try green tea andcopper peptides before? Has anyone tried that? OMG! the possibilities are endless!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |